User Reviews for Cetirizine (Page 7)

Also known as: Zyrtec, Alleroff, Quzyttir, PediaCare Children's 24-Hour Allergy, All Day Allergy Children's, Equate Allergy Relief, All Day Allergy, Children's Allergy Relief, Zyrtec Hives, Aller-Tec Children's Aller-Tec

Urticaria 7.0
Allergic Rhinitis 5.8
Physical Urticaria 1.0
Summary of Cetirizine reviews 6.1 211 reviews

Reviews for Cetirizine

Anonymous October 12, 2011

Zyrtec (cetirizine): “Very effective in stopping runny nose and sniffles. I would say within five minutes I am feeling well. This medicine works and with no side effects.”

Anonymous September 5, 2011

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “This is the only medication that has worked for me so far (besides Benadryl), but it gives me horrible dry mouth and eyes after using it for a few days, and if I take it for longer than that my tongue starts to hurt because of the dryness. I would give it a 10 if it weren't for those symptoms.”

caesar02 August 8, 2011

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Cured my persistent cough, made me drowsy, but also suffered from insomnia and made me feel depressed, wanted to cry at the slightest negative thought or comment, most unlike me. When I stopped taking pills cough recurred, depression subsided.”

lambnj24 July 11, 2011

“Cetirizine works wonderfully to alleviate symptoms of allergies...in my case severe sinus pressure and post-nasal drip. Cetirizine does cause me significant and debilitating drowsiness if taken during the daytime. However, I found that this would usually abate after a mere hour or two. I have ingested this medicine on occasion during periods of insomnia as a sleep aid. Works well for that too!”

Zyrtec Itch June 9, 2011

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Make the itching stop. I took this for Hayfever and it worked. BUT, it then caused me to have head to toe bumps and itchiness even after stopping taking it. The itching is keeping me up at night. I am hoping to wait it out and never take it again. Also while I was taking it my eyes and face got really, really swollen. I am still not sure if this was from an unusually bad allergy season or the Zyrtec, but I am going to guess it is the Zyrtec because my allergies have never caused this before (usually I just have sinus and itchy eyes). ”

Cap bob June 6, 2011

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I have just decided to stop taking Zyrtec. It worked well on my allergies. However I have had increase in back and joint pain i.e. knee and hip the past two weeks. Not sure it's Zyrtec but felt I'd eliminate it to see if symptoms resolve.”

Works great but at a price May 13, 2011

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Constipation”

Anonymous April 12, 2011

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: “Used Zyrtec for years and it keeps the hives/welts at bay. Works great.”

Anonymous March 1, 2011

For Urticaria: “I have been using Zyrtec for more than 15 years. It perfectly helped me get rid of my chronic idiopathic urticaria. When I don't take the pill, the next day, itching starts. Also, I can't sleep well in case I forget to take my pill at night.”

Anonymous February 10, 2011

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: “I suffer from acute symptoms of psoriasis and Keibners phenomenon with severe itching. I also have asthma, coughing constantly. I'm newly diagnosed with psoriasis so I couldn't figure out what was going on with the severe itching and what was triggering my rashes. After seeing 5 other doctors, I went to an allergist and he suggested to take Zyrtec. I didn't think it would help but it really does. It doesn't cause me drowsiness but it wears off after 12 hrs and my itching from psoriasis comes back. My rheumatologist suggested to take one in the morning and one at night. It helps with the severe itching. It stops my coughing as well.”

Anonymous November 14, 2010

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “It works well, however, it made me as sleepy as Benadryl.”

Anonymous November 9, 2010

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I suffered from multiple sinus infections several times a year. Since taking Zyrtec on a regular basis I have been sinus trouble free for over a year. THANK YOU ZYRTEC!”

Anonymous September 15, 2010

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “This product only helped one of my many allergic symptoms, my eyes stopped itching after two hours but my nose kept on running.”

khumar_rhalz August 8, 2010

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Very effective.”

Anonymous April 23, 2010

“I also have that weird metallic taste! Seems to work for my allergies but for some reason it doesn't seem to last the full 24 hours for me.”

smellarose April 1, 2010

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Zyrtec is the only medicine that controls my allergy symptoms, but it makes me so tired, sleepy and I always seem to be "zoning out". I even passed a red light at an intersection a few days ago...thankfully no one was hurt.”

Anonymous March 2, 2010

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Caused loss of ability to focus, gained 30lbs in six weeks I was on it. Many many more symptoms. Stopped using and all but the weight went a way. Weight dropped 10lbs in 2 weeks after stopping. ”

Blorb January 11, 2010

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “It is amazing!”

Anonymous November 4, 2009

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I had a reaction to cetirizine, racing heart rate and restless. Probably the povidone in it. This was a Member's Mark product purchased at Sam's Club and made in India. Why are they putting povidone in it with the large numbers of people allergic to iodine?? ”

Worried Mother November 1, 2009

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: “I've had hives 4 times now. The last time they lasted 1 entire year. Nothing worked. My allergist said that the doctors had failed miserably at keeping me comfortable during my ordeal. I tried Zertec this time. My hives are totally gone. My skin crawls and tingles when it is about time for another dose, but the new dose takes care of it. No complaints at all. I do have crazy dreams, but that is a small price to pay in exchange for no itching, etc.”

acegt October 1, 2009

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I have seasonal allergies, I realized several years ago when I started getting headaches and got stuffy drinking beer and certain other foods/ drinks. So tried various medications but all had some side effects that limited my use. Cetirizine is now available as a generic. The trick with this drug is to take it at around 4-6 in the afternoon. It takes a while to work for me like the next day. By taking it in the early evening you miss the getting tired side effect which many have noted because it takes a while to react, and you are already relaxing after work/school/kids to bed, etc. By the next day it is in your system but your body can adjust to it. The best drug.”

NICKNAME September 20, 2009

For Allergic Rhinitis: “This was really right on point.”

eoneal858 September 18, 2009

All Day Allergy (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I have chronic hayfever and take Zyrtec D now - it is the best.”

Anonymous September 1, 2009

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I always wake up in the morning with a runny nose, itchy eyes, etc., but then my doctor gave me Cetirizine. I take it every night so that I won't have to get up every two hours to blow my nose (due to dust and down feather allergies), and it lasts all throughout the day so I feel great-even in spring and summer with all the pollen! I feel great all the time, thanks to Cetirizine!”

aadihopra August 28, 2009

For Allergic Rhinitis: “From 8 year suffering from allergy, asthma attack were normal for me. I had no control on them but when I started taking cetirizine I found a magic to control my attacks. Now for 4 yrs I"m keeping this tablet in my wallet. Whenever I have any symptoms I take this. It really works like miracle. Generally in a month I need this 6-8 times this tab. For me it is a life saving drug.”