User Reviews for Carisoprodol (Page 9)

Also known as: Soma

Muscle Spasm 9.1
Nocturnal Leg Cramps 9.0

Reviews for Carisoprodol

kowgirl5 December 1, 2009

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: “I have used Soma (carisoprodol) for 6 years and it is definitely great help for my fibromyalgia muscle spasm pain. Also for the muscle spasm pain from degenerative disc disease with bulging disc in my neck which is inoperable at this time. Best of all the muscle relaxers out there and I have tried almost all of them.”

Anonymous November 19, 2009

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: “I took Soma for muscle spasms, pain, and stiffness due to fibromyalgia and previous injury for over 3 years. My doctor recently switched me to another muscle relaxer, and my sleep has suffered horribly. At 21 years of age I am already very affected by my condition on a daily basis. I can't depend on my body at all, and because of that I myself am very unreliable. I can't sit for long, I can't stand for long. Soma made me extremely sick to my stomach, but when I needed relief Soma took the burning away and was more than worth it. Also made me feel light-headed and made me zone out quite a bit. I couldn't take it before school or anything that required me to be even half alert. Overall great medication for relief of severe muscle pain.”

Anonymous October 21, 2009

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: “I have chronic pain due to MS and the muscle spasms and spasticity is sometimes OVER WHELMING! Recently was rear ended at a stop light and the pain is worse than ever. I have been on all other muscle relaxants and guess had built up a tolerance. My wonderful doctor finally prescribed Soma and it was a God send. Have taken before but hated it so I don't know what is different now but it is working!”

MarriaH October 12, 2009

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: “I began having severe menstrual cramps about 3 months ago. Since I have no insurance, I can't afford a hysterectomy. I tried several pain medications without much success. Then my doctor prescribed this for me, and it has worked wonderfully. I only take it when needed, not every day. Another bonus--it's very inexpensive.”

Anonymous October 12, 2009

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: “I have had a muscular skeletal headache non stop for 3 months, prescribed Soma and I now I feel like a new man, non narcotic, I've had headaches for ever. I now am able to play with my kids!”

sdfsf September 2, 2009

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: “Very good medicine.”

Anonymous August 19, 2009

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: “With my Fibromyalgia, I can finally get a nights sleep.”

Anonymous August 14, 2009

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: “I've been taking Soma for one week. It works. Fell from a horse 25 years ago - chronic back spasms. Tried Flexeril, Robaxin and Skelaxin. This works best. Flexeril comes in 2nd. I did notice some disorientation while driving. Not sure if it is a combination of Chantix and Soma, or only one. I can sleep almost through the entire night - what a relief!”

broken nurse August 12, 2009

For Muscle Spasm: “I have been on Soma since 1990 without any problems. I have multiple drug allergies. I have a fear of trying other medicines.”

Anonymous August 11, 2009

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: “Fast onset and long half life. ”

Sybil's friend August 4, 2009

Soma (carisoprodol) for Nocturnal Leg Cramps: “Best of the ones I've tried for leg pain from spinal injury.”

carole watts July 31, 2009

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: “I used this medicine just for three days for fibromyalgia. I had immediate relief. I did have to stay in bed with a hot moist heating pad.”

tiann July 28, 2009

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: “I find that Soma helps calm my nerves down and helps with my arthritis pain. I believe it lowers my blood pressure as well. Drinking can be very dangerous with this medication.”

Anonymous July 23, 2009

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: “I have taken 5mg Flexeril, could take 5 and still had spasms. Tried 10mg Flexeril and still same results. Tried Methacarbonol with no relief. With this I took 1 and can act like I'm 21. Muscle spasm are caused by many bone spurs on my spine pointing down on my nerves. This is best drug on the market for my conditions.”

Anonymous July 21, 2009

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: “Suffer back pain and sciatica from pinched nerve caused by herniated lumbar discs. Prescribed Soma by new orthopedic doctor for pain. Does not work any better for my pain than ibuprofen and comes with a multitude of side effects. I am discontinuing use after one week due to headache, dizziness, nausea and insomnia. I don't know if my emotional reaction is due to the drug or the 3 months of chronic pain and recent lack of sleep, but it is making me irritable and angry.”

Anonymous July 14, 2009

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: “Did not work for me. But then I have not found anything that works for me.”

Anonymous July 9, 2009

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: “Back Pain - This medicine works fine at first, then you build a tolerance and it doesn't work at all. In fact I stopped taking them all together when taking way more than recommended didn't help.”

Anonymous June 25, 2009

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: “I have fibromyalgia, neuropathy and osteoarthritis. I have taken Soma for at least 4 years and it really helps me get up and get the things I need to to on a daily basis. I moved to Arizona and the doctors just hate this medication and do not understand how much it has helped me. They have cut my dosage more than half the amount I needed to take so I suffer more since I have been here. I am very careful with it and my body is used to it. I just wish the doctors that I see especially the pain clinic doctor see that it helps me - He just refuses to up the dosage. I do not think it is good to stay on it if you just hurt your leg or something that can be fixed but for people like me with a condition that there is no cure for it helps me more than any of the other medicines.”

fuge June 17, 2009

For Nocturnal Leg Cramps: “I have to say this is one of the better medications I have ever received, it helps relax and helps a bit wit the pain. ”

Cedrick June 8, 2009

Soma (carisoprodol) for Nocturnal Leg Cramps: “Relaxed little toe.”

Jerseyshore May 29, 2009

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: “As a disabled person for 21 years with a severe spine problem, needless to say I have taken my share of medicines. That being said Soma seems to be a NON narcotic that has helped my leg cramps, with a little help to my back. ”

DonnasBlingsAndThings eBay Store April 26, 2009

For Muscle Spasm: “Yes, Carisoprodol is the best relaxant I've ever had. 2 weeks after cervical spine surgery, a rear-end collision (I was a belted passenger) damaged another nerve in my neck (and arm) plus my lumbar spine. I have been taking up to 4 a day for 8 years now. When I first began taking it, I felt woozy and sleepy so I cut it in half. Once my body got used to it, I was able to take the whole tablet plus 20mg of oxycodone which gave me much better relief from severe pain and spasms. The only withdrawal I've had was more pain and spasms when I forgot to take it. ”

sickopain April 19, 2009

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: “I've been in chronic pain for 9 years from trigeminal nueralgia, fibromyalgia, bulging discs, occipital neuralgia, spinal stenosis. I've been on every narcotic out there in high doses and they either put me to sleep or didn't work. All the other muscle relaxers just put me to sleep. A few months ago a doctor that I've only been seeing for about 6 months put me on Soma and it was a miracle! Finally, something that worked with no noticeable side effects. It's wonderful and I have no cravings for it and take it only as needed. It is a wonderful medicine. Thank you Soma.”

Anonymous April 18, 2009

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: “This was the absolute best muscle relaxer my doctor has ever given to me. I have a bulging disc in my back and it is in the middle of my back and sometimes I have excruciating pain associated with this and Soma really is the best I have found.”

Effected April 12, 2009

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: “I am glad that it has helped so many people. When I was 12 doctors gave it to my grandmother who was raising me and a few months later my grandfather died and she was very depressed. I guess when I was at school she started taking her medicines like crazy and after that she never stopped. I am 25 now and she is finally off Soma. She was very addicted for the past 11 years and I must say I am happy to have my grandmother back to normal. Glad everyone takes this medication as directed. Don't ever attempt to take more then directed.”