User Reviews for Buspirone (Page 7)

Also known as: BuSpar, Vanspar

Learn more about Buspirone.

Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced 7 reviews 17 medications

Anxiety 410 reviews 63 medications

6.7
Panic Disorder 48 reviews 19 medications

6.1
Summary of Buspirone reviews 465 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Buspirone

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "Been on Buspar for 6 weeks and I'm not feeling any better. My anxiety is mild compared to most but the irritability and sometimes nervous feeling is why I elected to try Buspar. So far at 6 weeks I haven't felt any benefits. The dizziness has been hard to deal with although I found some relief with 25 - 50 mg. Dramamine."

Pushing Forward (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "My son is in high school and has taken this for 7 months. It changed his life. His anxiety over school was out of control to the point he had to be inter graded back into school. He tried Ativan and had horrible side effects and he was reluctant to try anything else after that. After about 3 months on the Buspar he walks tall into school. No more looking over his shoulder or panic attacks out to f nowhere. We wish he would've taken this years ago. The only side effect he complains of is tiredness and occasional headache. The tiredness was more so in the beginning. Those side effects are minuscule compared to his anxiety before taking Buspar."

Mountain mom (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 16, 2015

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "3 months ago I started getting anxiety attacks daily after getting a panic attack that sent me to the ER. Dr. prescribed me Zoloft and that was a scary ordeal. He then prescribed Wellbutrin and that didnt help. Finally after doing some research I asked for Buspar and its been great. 90% less anxiety, Side effects were ( Brain Zap, A bit of dizziness, and some trouble sleeping.) Nothing too outrageous. I highly recommend this medication if you suffer from GAD"

Cali_Guy May 11, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "No help with anxiety"

ihatesupercenters (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 8, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I was only on this for a few days until I got a tick inm y left eye and my doctor said I had to discontinue. Research indicates that in rare cases these facial ticks could be permanent which is scary. I also experienced "brain shocks/zaps"."

Outdoors123986 May 4, 2015

For Anxiety: "I struggle with anxiety and bipolar disorder and 15 mg buspar 2x a day along with 75 mg seroquel at night has been the most effective combination for me so far"

Pey April 29, 2015

For Anxiety: "I was previously on buspar and had to be taken off due to other issues that began. I asked to be returned once those issues subsided and couldn't be more pleased with the results. I take 10mg two times a day. No real side effects to speak of. I guess I got lucky that way."

b1976 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 28, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Panic Disorder: "I was on a high dosage of Lexapro and it was working extremely well. However, the side effects were terrible. I added BuSpar gradually then decreased the Lexapro to 10 mg and feel as good as I did on the high dosage of Lexapro. I am currently taking 10mg Lexapro and 15mg BuSpar 2x daily. I will warn you that if you miss a dose or two of the BuSpar, the next time you take it will make you feel really weird for a few hours. Also, when you first start taking it, you will feel weird for about a week. Push through it, it is a great add on to Lexapro."

Great add on to SSRI (could cut dosage way down) 1st week is weird though April 28, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "Currently on week 2 and it made me feel like myself again. Anxiety/panic attacks have ruined my life the last 2 years. My first panic attack was purely physical (POUNDING heart I thought I was dying) roommate took me to the ER. The next week I was prescribed metoprolol and saw a cardiologist who suggested it was anxiety as I didn't believe it was. Eventually the anxiety took my life over and manifested mentally as well (running out of grocery lines, skipping work, etc) I'm a little distracted here but all in all buspirone is a life saver. I forgot what it felt like to be ME again. I now mentally feel amazing, the depression that dug into my life from the anxiety made me a shell of myself. I can honestly say buspirone saved me from myself."

happy2015 April 22, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "First off. Side effects.... Brain zaps. Pounding heart, foggy feeling. First 3 weeks I felt the need for a lot less Ativan. The worry stopped and blood pressure came down . I'm on 5mg per day. Around week 5 I started to notice my blood pressure going back up. Acid reflux and a little nausea. Pounding heart back. I don't want to give up on buspar because I was so happy to lose the everyday worry. On week 7 now. Still at 5mg. Thinking about doing 5mg twice a day. There is no magic pill, but this was close."

Shay2015 April 18, 2015

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Eating more , not a lot of energy . It seems to take a while to work"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 15, 2015

For Anxiety: "I've had social anxiety since high school and was put on Zoloft, which never worked. I eventually developed panic attacks when I was 26. I've tried Xanax for a few days after I was diagnosed and hated it. Was put on Celexa 20mg and did not see any improvement after a year. I learned to self manage and handle my anxiety attacks and knew that I wasn't going to die. I went for a few years like this until I got medical insurance. I went to the Dr. After reading reviews on Buspirone and asked if she thought it'd help with my anxiety. I took 7.5 twice a day for the first 2 weeks and noticed almost immediate (about 30 mins) relief. Yes it does make you dizzy for a few weeks but nothing you can't handle. Give it 6 wks and you'll love it!"

Mp5405 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2015

For Anxiety: "I've been taking it for about 6 weeks now. We started with 5mg 3 times a day then went up to 20mg 3 times a day. I have so many different stressors in my life I was having episodes that would last a couple days at a time. Strange behavior, feeling really strange, couldn't concentrate or finish tasks, etc. So my Dr started me on effexor at first, it had terrible sexual side effects, so we went with buspiron. I haven't had any of those spells since I've been on it. I think my 3rd dose needs to be taken with dinner, for the past couple weeks I've been taking it at bed and I think its adding to my insomnia. Overall its been good."

Missy1979 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2015

Vanspar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "It has made me irritable, socially awkward, has not helped my anxiety, makes me light-headed a for a bit after I take it, and gives me the general sense that something is "off""

buby1231242424t5asdg (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Panic Disorder: "I was on a few meds that didn't help much. But when I started taking Buspar, I noticed I felt more at ease and I am now able to do a lot more than I was able to do before. I suffer from severe panic attacks and was at the point of giving up. I lost friends and confused family members because they could not relate to my bouts of panic. Fear from panic limited me to do the most simple things like shop, travel or even drive in cars with friends. I couldn't enjoy a meal at a restaurant without looking for an exit. I couldn't go to crowded places without wanting to run. But now after a 6 weeks on this medication. I'm able to concentrate and enjoy life so much better. I'm nowhere near 100% but this medication is saving me little by little."

sivadycart April 5, 2015

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have ADHD, Depression, and Social Anxiety Disorder. I've had little trouble treating the first two but neither of the medications I take for them have any effect on my SAD. In fact, it's been a simple fact the entirety of my adult life. Buspar was a godsend. Not even a week after starting it, I was at the pharmacy to pick up some of my partner's Rx's and I just started talking out of the blue to an elderly gentleman in front of me - the total opposite of what I would have done normally! I'm only beginning on my second month on a small (15 mg) dose to start with, but I actually feel like a part of humanity now. For some people it works, others not so much. Just give it a try if you're thinking about it."

AllisonRH March 29, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "In a nutshell, even though I did not want this drug to work because I hate taking medicine, it really does help me! I refuse to take benzos. My therapist talked me into trying buspar. It made me really tired at first. But honestly, now that I look back, I think it did that because it seemed to slow my racing mind down. So naturally, once I relaxed a bit more, my body finally could rest. My anxiety is not gone. But when I am in a place where I feel safe, I am able to relax and my mind isn't so noisy. It is a strange, new feeling."

Anxiousdaily (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2015

119 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I've been on Buspirone for about six months for anxiety. I take 10 mg twice a day. It has done absolutely nothing for me. I might as well be taking a sugar pill."

amy gi March 27, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I suffer from sever depression, severe anxiety, sever pain due to several other medical conditions and life itself. Been taking this for about 3 months and things are a lot less stressful. I can handle light social situations again. Im actually able to sleep all night again. This combined with my fleet of other meds I'm able to function a lot more. Ive been on the usual xanax and what not, those were fun but long term didn't work for me (i grew up yay) Need more meds like this on the market."

Darth Sponge (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2015

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I've been on this medicine for about 7 months. I started at 5 mg and I felt great! But around the 4 months I got worse and ended up increasing my dose to 30 mg and now I feel even more better then before! The only side effect I experienced was a slight brain zaps but they go away after a week or two. This medicine has helped me so much I recommend this medcine!"

Gri20 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 15, 2015

108 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I am 44 years old and have suffered from general and social anxiety as long as can remember and have used many drugs through the years. I am currently on remeron, wellbutrin and buspar. I take 10mg of buspar 3 times a day and it has a subtle calming effect on the mind and body. If you are looking for a drug that will let you forget you have anxiety, buspar is not for you. If you are looking for a drug that is non habit forming, that has a low side effect profile, has no withdrawal issues and will help you manage your anxiety than buspar is you you. Good luck."

Dcubed March 14, 2015

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "So far it hasn't helped much with the anxiety... it's actually made it worse. My hands tremble and I feel like I'm walking on the deck of a moving ship. Making an appointment with my doctor to discontinue and find a new med, as this one is freaking me out."

kikidee (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Panic Disorder: "I was on Buspirone with my Paxil. It worked well with the Paxil. However, it did not work at all by itself. I had to quit taking Paxil, due to an interaction with my seizure medicine. The Buspirone made me have anxiety, and everytime I took it, I felt like my brain was getting shocked with electricity."

Jamrom324 March 7, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I've only been taking Buspar for a few days, and I haven't noticed any anxiety. But the side effects make me sick as, but are temporarily, and I think mine are magnified because I'm on so many medications. So far it works and is also used for sex dysfunction, which has helped my sex life with my partner. To each their own. Definitely do not drive on this medication."

MissADH (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "PTSD. Seemed to help some. Have bit of dizzy loopy for about 15 to 30 minutes after taking then ok. Was taking other meds and got sick and barfed often. Quit taking and nausea stopped. After a couple of months feeling quite anxious so started up Buspar again and anxiety seems to be very much calmed down. I plan to space meds out throughout day and find a schedule where my tummy doesn't feel so nauseated."

Anon_234987 March 3, 2015