User Reviews for Suboxone (Page 7)

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Suboxone.

Suboxone Rating Summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 22 medications used in the treatment of Opiate Dependence.

Reviews for Suboxone to treat Opiate Dependence

"I have been back and forth from rehabs, to meetings, to sobriety, and back. I understand some of the reviews about the long term use, it's like not wanting to peel off the bandaid. The truth is that the wound under my bandaid wasn't healed. It was some what of a security for me. The security was as long as I had urges I stayed on ( one strip was the highest I ever went) I wanted sobriety in the worst way and had great responsibilities in my life that a relapse would take away. I stayed on for a little over a year and the majority of the time I was on a super slow taper- taking one away per month. Before I knew it I was off and had a great fellowship a list of meetings a car a wife and a house."

The Fish (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 2, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I don't understand people staying on this medicine for years. 2 weeks should be enough, It gets you through the withdrawals without causing another addiction. If your really ready to stop using an 1/8 of the strip or pill will be enough, 3 of those should get you off the hard stuff. If your not at a high dose in your addiction, if you swallow your medicine and don't use needles, you can use less, it will make you sick if you are not careful. This is a great way to end your addiction, but be wise, don't start another one."

sophie111777 May 21, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My pain, following 3 back surgeries and a badly arthritic knee, caused me to be taking increased amounts of opioids yet not relieving me of my pain enough so I could totally function. 4 days of being on Suboxone (8mg x 3 ) has given me the relief I have never had. Thank you!!"

Rosco99 May 17, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Seriously is a wonder medicine if you are truly ready to stop."

FLS7691 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was a heroin addict for the past 5 years. I was in and out of detox 6-7 times. I never wanted to be on Suboxone outside of detox, because of the horror stories I had heard. This medication saved my life. I got clean on January 1 of this year (checked into detox, again, on Dec 31-- yes, New Years Eve). I decided this time to stay on the medication following discharge. It has completely changed my life. I am still clean, on a low dose and tapering off at a pace that's comfortable for me, I didn't sleep for maybe 2 weeks after returning home, but that was due to the fact that heroin used to put me to sleep. I am a mother to my son and daughter again thanks to Suboxone."

KrissyRyJPnGFam May 7, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Used pain medicines for 14 years (fentanyl 40 mcg and lortab 10mg). Excellent results after using Suboxone."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"To answer Whynotme's question and anyone else who is questioning Suboxone in your first few days of taking it... we are all different and our bodies react differently to certain things and at different times. So if you just started taking Suboxone and aren't feeling 100%, no worries, you soon will. The first few days for me were rough. First, I was violently vomiting because of the strength (I was addicted to 10mg Vicodins, about 3-5 per day for well over 5 yrs). So Suboxone was kinda strong for me. Second, I didn't feel fantastic right away but very soon after, I felt better than that. I got my life back, finishing up 2 yr degree, and feel great! Do it and get your life back!"

Do/It/N/Get/Ur/Life/Back!! (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 30, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Suboxone saved my life I reckon, I owe my life to it I surely do. "

MontanaMountainGuy April 4, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am a 31 yr old executive professional... 6 yrs ago I was making great money and partying all the time. 65 Norcos a day by my 3rd year, I found a Suboxone doctor (pretty tough to find in my area three yrs ago) and began taking it. The best day of my life was finding Suboxone. I've been on Suboxone 3 yrs but now I've begun tapering and within a year I should be off completely. Find a doctor and change your life today."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 27, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I just started this a few days ago. I'm an executive professional, rose in corporate ranks, made great money, and enjoyed a ridiculous life. After being way over-prescribed oxycodonne after a relatively minor injury in my mid 30's, fast forward 3yrs and my arrogance in thinking I could control this along with everything else made me blind to a growing addiction that was anything but controlled. I was able to keep my girlfriend, my kids, my job, and still provide them with a decent home. So, I consider myself very lucky to be on the verge of bankruptcy as many have lost much more. I say this to let anyone know who is considering Suboxone, but too ashamed or worried, to DO IT TODAY. It truly works."

Kerouac72 March 8, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was addicted to pain killers for about 8 years. I tried cold turkey and outpatient treatment. That worked for a while but I found myself right back. I heard about Suboxone. I found a Dr. (I had no insurance) and made an appointment. I won't lie to you, it isn't easy. You have to go cold turkey for at least 24 hours before you take the medicines, and then you feel a lot better. After a week or so I felt great! With this medicine I got my life back. It saved me. I was on it for about a year and half. One warning when you do finally come off Suboxone.. It's hard it's about a month withdrawal. Totally worth it in my opinion."

Giveittimetoseethemiracle March 3, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Currently on 28mg of Suboxone a day which is keeping the cravings at bay and my general mood is better/ more stable. This medicine has changed my life. Not looking forward to when the time comes that I have to get off it but I don't think that will be for years so just concentrating on the here and now."

Ffrenchstar February 26, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am 39 years old and I was addicted to pain medication for almost 20 years. I have chronic back pain and I was prescribed everything from 80 mgs of Oxycontin, 40 mgs of Opana, 30 mgs of Oxycodone, to 150 micrograms of Fentanyl. I would go to the hospital for IV Dilaudid. I was a mess. No matter how many pills I was prescribed I never ever made them last so I would spend tons of money buying them on the street. I finally had enough and now I am taking 16mg of Suboxone a day and I feel great! Today I am 6 months sober."

Amdawn (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 26, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Been on Suboxone for 4 days now. I don't feel great but the cravings are gone."

ocean661 (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I became addicted to Opiates when I started having chronic pain. I would do anything to get my pills for the day. I lost everything because of my addiction. No way did I believe there was anything out there that could not only help me while I was going through withdrawal, but also keep the cravings way when I was recovering. Suboxone and my Suboxone Dr. have saved my life. Not only do they help with cravings, but they also help my ongoing pain. I need to use the Suboxone pills rather than the film as I have dental problems and the films hurt my gums, but other than that I have had no side effects and I continue to use them today. I am 5 years sober."

Didie (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 15, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was an addict for 10 years and Suboxone saved my life period, and my families lives. Totally clean for over 3 years its a miracle. It's impossible to quit without it its easy to quit with it. I was as bad as it gets. If you are thinking of getting on Suboxone do it. Just do it life is so good when you are not forced to chase pills."

suboxonesaves February 5, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've only taken the Suboxone for two days now, waiting for this "miracle" everyone is talking about to happen. Started 8mg yesterday after a month of trying the methadone treatment that made me feel awful. Withdrew appropriately as to not cause precipitated withdrawal, and was even worse yesterday than when I has tried cold turkey on my own. Deep depression. Today, 12mg. Still waiting to feel good, still waiting to not have cravings, still waiting to stop crying. I'm paid up for two weeks, this needs to be the answer. Everyone is saying they felt amazing the first day, doesn't anyone struggle the first few and then feel amazing? I don't want to hold my breath, but I really need this to be my answer too."

Whynotme80 February 4, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started taking Suboxone about six years ago because I had a problem with Roxicodone and Vicodin. I highly recommend taking Suboxone if you are prone to taking opiate oriented narcotics. My life hasn't ever been in more control than it is now. I'm also attending a Suboxone support group."

Crews1975 February 3, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I find Suboxone to be the answer to my prayers. This medicine keeps me on the straight and narrow and am VERY proud of myself."

Eich February 2, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Man i was a slave to my back pain for so long because it was a constant reminder of my need for opiates, my constant craving. I finally did something for my self and sought help and was introduced to Suboxone. All i can really say is that after three days it feels like a miracle. I feel like i have a solution, a way out now... Great drug for people who are serious about changing their lives. one and only down side is constiation. Thanks Suboxone!"

Notsurewhattoput January 21, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I battled opiate addiction for 12 years. I finally found Suboxone, Thank GOD. It took 2.5 years and several relapse but eventually I got over it. I'm sure I couldn't have done it without Suboxone."

Normal Norman (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 5, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm 26 and have been addicted to Poppy tea for almost five years. Although I've only been on Suboxone for 3 weeks, I have to say it's really effective. I'm currently on 6mg and will be tapering to 4mg in a couple weeks time. Any cravings I previously had for tea are completely gone, and it even decreased my desire for other things like Alcohol and Tobacco (though I only smoke when I drink). "

Micky Blue Eyes (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"After I became hopelessly addicted to morphine and hydromorph I found myself living in squalor, dropped out of university, and was on my way to eviction and homelessness. I had tried tapering down myself, going cold turkey at home and even a few detox facilities. Nothing would stick. And most of the time I couldn't make it past 48 hours until I'd crawl back to the pills again. I'm in my early twenties and didn't see myself living to 30, let alone getting back in school. Another addict suggested methadone and after a year on that I was switched to Suboxone. I feel like myself now. I'm back in university finishing my degree and forever grateful to Suboxone for saving me."

Soandso (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 21, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have just completed my Suboxone treatment, and after 9 days off them. I am starting to feel normal. Suboxone saved my life."

blazer1989 November 18, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on Suboxone since 2005 (8 years). I started taking this medicine when I hit rock bottom. I was addicted to percocet, morphine and klonopan. I hated myself. My doctor suggested I take Suboxone. 8 years later, I am still on this medication. I have never relapsed while on Suboxone!!!!! I have a few side effects: dizzy, sweaty and tired. These effects are nothing compared to the way I was living my life addicted to opiates. I am truly thankful for Suboxone."

nikkibuggie (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 12, 2013