User Reviews for Suboxone (Page 12)

Learn more about Suboxone.

Suboxone Rating Summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 22 medications used in the treatment of Opiate Dependence.

Reviews for Suboxone to treat Opiate Dependence

"I have been on Suboxone since the medicine became available. I was born in Bridgeport, a big city and plenty of drugs. I have been an addict since I was 15 years old. I was addicted to heroin for 10 years and ruined my life. I've done prison time in 4 different states over the years and thought for sure drugs would be the death of me but then came this medicine and my life has changed. I'm a human being again and totally drug free. I owe it all to this medicine or I would no doubt be DEAD."

crazybill64 September 21, 2010

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I have been in and out of an addiction until this. I take one a day and am amazed by the feeling of not wanting opiates. "

Anonymous August 30, 2010

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I have been on Suboxone now for exactly a year. I became addicted to pain pills after my doctor started handing them out like they were candy for my cramps. Needless to say the withdraws were horrible. I felt like I wanted to jump out of my skin. I didn't want to get out of bed, and was just not the person I used to be. The first day I took Suboxone I felt 100% better. I had some headaches the first couple of days of taking it, but those went away. "

goodolewvgirl August 27, 2010

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Many rehabs, hundreds of relapses, could NOT STOP TAKING PAIN PILLS, until Suboxone. This medicine saved my life, hands down. If ever there was a 'miracle drug', this is it. Very important to get a Doctor you like, as not all Doctors can prescribe it. Try this medicine if you are hooked on painkillers."

GratefulInNashville August 13, 2010

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"As long as you follow the doctor's instructions when the time comes to ween off this medicine, you will truly feel VERY, VERY Little withdrawal symptoms, IF ANY! THIS MEDICINE SAVED MY LIFE (And my bank account now that I can actually care about that again). Not only did I go from spending $40 dollars(Easily) on either Roxi's, Oxy's, or Heroin per day to approximately $3.33 a day (for 4MG of SUBOXONE), BUT in my opinion THE GREATEST EFFECT is that I FINALLY feel like the OLD ME! As in the ME before I ever started doing drugs. I'm happy, I'm playful, and Witty again."

XrxHead86 August 9, 2010

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"This drug saved my life and my marriage!"

Anonymous August 7, 2010

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I was addicted to opiate painkillers for 5 years. I thought I had no hope. I bottomed out after 5 years of doing practically nothing but looking for drugs. I went into detox and a methadone program for 7 days. I started an out patient program as soon as I got out but as soon as my last dose of methadone wore off I was back climbing the walls. I really thought Suboxone was going to be my last hope. I could not see myself living much longer either using or going through withdrawal. I had to wait a couple weeks to get in a Suboxone program and the withdrawal was so bad my counselor told me to use! I did get on Suboxone 32mg a day felt great immediately like the same day. On 16mg still today and clean."

mac41 August 4, 2010

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I had been addicted to opiates for about 3 years. Starting by taking Vicodin/Percocet, then getting into the high mg morphine and oxy's all the way to fentanyl. My life revolved around drugs, I didn't think about anything besides drugs. This is my 3rd day on Suboxone and I don't think about other drugs at all. It makes me feel just fine. It probably saved my life."

WyattU July 26, 2010

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I have had an opiate addiction for 5 years. Major back disc problems. Some surgery. But I needed more and more to function. I decided for my family and myself it was time to quit. I needed to stop chasing for drugs when my script ran out. I went 24 hours without Oxycodone and it was bad but I started Suboxone today. I needed two 8mg pills to start and all the withdrawal went away. Amazing. I hope not to be on it too long. My Doctor said 6 months possibly but I think it will be a lot less. I want to be off everything. Right now I feel great!"

was shaky, now sure July 20, 2010

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"This is my second day on Suboxone and IT IS A MIRACLE DRUG! I was taking 2 x 80 mg Oxycontin a day and about 10-15 Vicodins a day. My doctor said that all I needed to do was go home, go to bed and when I woke up I could take the Suboxone in 8 hours. I woke up took the Suboxone and within about 10 minutes my cravings for any other pills were completely gone. I wish I would have started this 2 years ago when my addiction became out of hand. There is NO need to drive around looking for your next fix anymore, get on Suboxone and get your life back like I did!"

Anonymous July 16, 2010

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Using it for pain - I had suffered from daily lumbar and leg pain for over 2 years. Suboxone has been the only medication I have been on that both reduces my pain and has no severe side effects. It has greatly increased my quality of life."

twrightotr July 6, 2010

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I was addicted to all forms of drugs for 9 years, but my main problem was with the opiates; pain pills, heroin, even opium occasionally. It was seriously ruining my life and was creating more and more problems every day. When I turned 20 I knew I had to make a change or else face death or jail. I was put on Suboxone 8mg 2x a day and my world went from very dark to something that was manageable. Within weeks I was a totally different person, even enrolling to get my high school diploma (I had dropped out in 10th grade). I have been on Suboxone for almost two years and people always tell me that I am just unrecognizable compared to who I was a couple of years ago. I've been slowly weaning down and I am now at one 8mg pill a day. It was a blessing!"

Anonymous July 2, 2010

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I was born an addict. I remember drinking at 8 years old. Oh I would go years staying clean, but on the inside I was craving drugs everyday. I have used almost every drug there is. I have a husband that is in the Army and 4 beautiful kids. I had a serious obsession with pain pills. I would take anything I could get my hands on. I wanted to die, the withdrawals were enough to keep me using to feel normal. I was about to lose everything. Finally I went to a doctor and was put on Suboxone, that was over two years ago. I am still clean, and do believe Suboxone is a miracle pill. Life is still hard, we still have struggles, but the Suboxone changed my life. Now I get to enjoy my children. I want to stay clean for them and me."

blue rain June 25, 2010

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Over a 5 year period... I started using regular Hydrocodone (Loratabs, Loracets, etc...) and realized if I bought Oxycodone (Oxycontin) it would be cheaper because of how high my tolerance became in such a short period of time. That did not work. I was up to three 80 mg Oxycontin a day, and was not getting high. It was taking that much for me to become "normal." I had nothing but a $300 a day habit. Suboxone is the route I chose, and I have never looked back. Suboxone is a treatment plan that you follow and are tapered off the medicine, so you can be drug-free. It has saved my life! I recommend Suboxone to anyone. My success stories are endless! However, you MUST follow the treatment plan!"

firefighterwif2 June 21, 2010

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Awesome."

wentling June 18, 2010

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I am a 38 year old mother of a 3 year old son. I've been an addict since I was about 12...went from pot to occasional alcohol and coke to heroin addiction. I managed to still graduate college...then I lost all control after being diagnosed with lupus and fibromyalgia as well as chronic pain from back surgery due to a herniated disc. I convinced myself I needed the fentanyl patches, the Vicodins, and finally the heroin too to deal with my pain. Problem was, I was still numb on the inside. I have been on Suboxone for almost 2 weeks and already I feel 100% normal again. I go to meetings too, but I can tolerate the "aches" that the Suboxone doesn't get rid of, since it has saved my sanity. Wish they had this 15 years ago!"

Mom with new life!! June 15, 2010

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I had a major addiction problem to many kinds of pain medicines for almost 3 years. I did a lot of oxycodones everyday and any other pain medicine I could get a hold of. I'll admit I loved the high but I hated not being able to get out of bed in the morning. I was so depressed everyday all I wanted was to just feel normal again. I have a beautiful 3 year old little boy who is my whole world. Although it took me some time I finally checking into rehab about a year ago. From there they prescribed me to Suboxone 2 x 8mg tablets daily. I am still currently on Suboxone beginning to wean down. Thanks to Suboxone I regained my life back and now I have many more years to look forward to with my son. Suboxone is the greatest thing for any opiate dependent person. "

subashb June 8, 2010

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I have been taking Suboxone for about 2 and a half years for chronic pain that has multiple causes, including Fibromyalgia, neuropathy/neuralgia and arthritis. Suboxone is TERRIFIC! I have had more consistent relief than from when I took Oxycontin plus Oxycodone, Vicodin, etc. I have virtually no side effects, and I completely credit Suboxone for my return to work after about 2 years of being disabled. There are only 2 downsides I have experienced that potential users will want to be aware of. New, acute pain, such as a sprain or injury is not "covered" by Suboxone. I've also had an increase in tooth decay, but this is unfortunately an issue with all narcotics and drugs that can cause dry mouth. Best of luck to all."

MissA14 May 19, 2010

42 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I have been on Vicodin for over 2 years. At my worst, I was taking 15-25 a day. I was in a horrible car crash 5 years ago and suffer from chronic pain. This week, I had enough. I said, no more and I decided to get help. I haven't taken any Vicodin in 2 days now and I was having bad withdrawals. I went to the doctor today and he gave me Suboxone. I am very excited to use this and get my life back. Now the only problem is that I still have the back pain, which I need to finally take care of. Reading all your comments and success stories gives me hope. I thank you all very much.. God bless"

Anonymous May 4, 2010

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I have been drinking and doing various drugs since the age of 13. I am 38 now with three great kids and a husband who thank goodness has never kicked me out. My latest thing has been Percocet, Vicodin, Oxy. Then after a while that stops working so you go to the needle....dilaudid and morphine for over a year. This week I finally said enough! I went to detox and got this amazing drug Suboxone. I left that detox on the smallest dose I could handle, 4mg daily. This drug is going to save my life! I have a sense of peace, a feeling of mental clarity, and NO desire to use anything, including alcohol. Get on Suboxone if you need it....It can save your life! PS. No side effects except mild constipation, but who cares! I finally feel HUMAN!"

kiki0122 April 25, 2010

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I have been on Suboxone for at least 4 years. I went from 3 times 8mg to 4mg 1 time daily and I felt just as a normal functioning person with regular feelings. Everything was normal. Now I am in a country where they don't have such a medication and I am back on methadone and feel as I felt before while being on heroine and other opioid substances. No feelings, no nothing. I can't wait to get back home to keep taking Suboxone because this is a miracle pill if you even decided to stay on maintenance. I felt just fine on 2mg 1 time daily but I tapered myself gradually over months. So I can just recommend for people who have opiate addiction problems to switch to Suboxone."

ashtray April 23, 2010

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I have been a doper since the the guys in vietnam sent it home in the mail. Been on methadone programs for 20 year but always seemed to relapse. Jail was my clean time too. Well after 10 years on aldie, a methadone program and wanting to get off it, they said try suboxone. I did and its the best but I also had years of counseling to go with it. I'm on 2mgs and I feel great. Wish I had this back in the 70's! Only problem is it is so expensive. But my life is worth it. It was a tough one and now my life is really sober and good."

OL TIME USER April 21, 2010

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I just recently started my Suboxone induction 2 days ago. I am 20 years old an have been addicted to opiates since I was 17, at worst I was using 4 O.C's a day or 5 baloons of heroin a day. Only using Suboxone for 3 days I am very happy to say I'm starting to feel normal again. No withdrawals at all. I am currently taking 8mg 2 times per day. Without this drug I would be spending 150-200 dollars a day just to feel normal. My goal is to gradually wind myself off of Suboxone and be completely drug free and get my life back. Opiates are by far the worst drugs out there. If anyone at all has a physical dependence on opiates I would strongly recommend SUBOXONE."

Anonymous April 21, 2010

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I have been addicted to any kind of pain pills since I was in high school. It all started with a football injury. I'm not blaming anyone or anything for my dependence of pain pills. At my worst I was snorting 13-15 30mg Roxies a day. I've been taking Suboxone for 4 months now and it has totally saved my life. I started Suboxone and ever since I have been clean and happy. I can finally start my life again. I strongly urge anyone with a opiate dependence to seek out Suboxone , it will help you!"

no more pills April 18, 2010

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I have sat here and read every comment on here and I agree with almost all of them. Suboxone is a WONDER DRUG!! I was addicted to any kind of painkiller that I could get my hands on, and I had to have it every single day just to get up out of the bed. This went on for almost 4 years and I have 2 children that I was NOT being the best mother to. When I left my children's father, who is also an addict I met the most amazing man who also had the same problem but had been on Suboxone for almost a year and got me into his doctor. I have been on it for almost 6 months and I am proud to say that I am back in college and a wonderful mother who loves to get up with my kids everyday! Anyone who has this problem, please try Suboxone, it works!!"

CheyBaby April 5, 2010