User Reviews for Suboxone (Page 12)

Learn more about Suboxone.

Suboxone Rating Summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 22 medications used in the treatment of Opiate Dependence.

Reviews for Suboxone to treat Opiate Dependence

"Over a 5 year period... I started using regular Hydrocodone (Loratabs, Loracets, etc...) and realized if I bought Oxycodone (Oxycontin) it would be cheaper because of how high my tolerance became in such a short period of time. That did not work. I was up to three 80 mg Oxycontin a day, and was not getting high. It was taking that much for me to become "normal." I had nothing but a $300 a day habit. Suboxone is the route I chose, and I have never looked back. Suboxone is a treatment plan that you follow and are tapered off the medicine, so you can be drug-free. It has saved my life! I recommend Suboxone to anyone. My success stories are endless! However, you MUST follow the treatment plan!"

firefighterwif2 June 21, 2010

"Awesome."

wentling June 18, 2010

"I am a 38 year old mother of a 3 year old son. I've been an addict since I was about 12...went from pot to occasional alcohol and coke to heroin addiction. I managed to still graduate college...then I lost all control after being diagnosed with lupus and fibromyalgia as well as chronic pain from back surgery due to a herniated disc. I convinced myself I needed the fentanyl patches, the Vicodins, and finally the heroin too to deal with my pain. Problem was, I was still numb on the inside. I have been on Suboxone for almost 2 weeks and already I feel 100% normal again. I go to meetings too, but I can tolerate the "aches" that the Suboxone doesn't get rid of, since it has saved my sanity. Wish they had this 15 years ago!"

Mom with new life!! June 15, 2010

"I had a major addiction problem to many kinds of pain medicines for almost 3 years. I did a lot of oxycodones everyday and any other pain medicine I could get a hold of. I'll admit I loved the high but I hated not being able to get out of bed in the morning. I was so depressed everyday all I wanted was to just feel normal again. I have a beautiful 3 year old little boy who is my whole world. Although it took me some time I finally checking into rehab about a year ago. From there they prescribed me to Suboxone 2 x 8mg tablets daily. I am still currently on Suboxone beginning to wean down. Thanks to Suboxone I regained my life back and now I have many more years to look forward to with my son. Suboxone is the greatest thing for any opiate dependent person. "

subashb June 8, 2010

"I have been taking Suboxone for about 2 and a half years for chronic pain that has multiple causes, including Fibromyalgia, neuropathy/neuralgia and arthritis. Suboxone is TERRIFIC! I have had more consistent relief than from when I took Oxycontin plus Oxycodone, Vicodin, etc. I have virtually no side effects, and I completely credit Suboxone for my return to work after about 2 years of being disabled. There are only 2 downsides I have experienced that potential users will want to be aware of. New, acute pain, such as a sprain or injury is not "covered" by Suboxone. I've also had an increase in tooth decay, but this is unfortunately an issue with all narcotics and drugs that can cause dry mouth. Best of luck to all."

MissA14 May 19, 2010

"I have been on Vicodin for over 2 years. At my worst, I was taking 15-25 a day. I was in a horrible car crash 5 years ago and suffer from chronic pain. This week, I had enough. I said, no more and I decided to get help. I haven't taken any Vicodin in 2 days now and I was having bad withdrawals. I went to the doctor today and he gave me Suboxone. I am very excited to use this and get my life back. Now the only problem is that I still have the back pain, which I need to finally take care of. Reading all your comments and success stories gives me hope. I thank you all very much.. God bless"

Anonymous May 4, 2010

"I have been drinking and doing various drugs since the age of 13. I am 38 now with three great kids and a husband who thank goodness has never kicked me out. My latest thing has been Percocet, Vicodin, Oxy. Then after a while that stops working so you go to the needle....dilaudid and morphine for over a year. This week I finally said enough! I went to detox and got this amazing drug Suboxone. I left that detox on the smallest dose I could handle, 4mg daily. This drug is going to save my life! I have a sense of peace, a feeling of mental clarity, and NO desire to use anything, including alcohol. Get on Suboxone if you need it....It can save your life! PS. No side effects except mild constipation, but who cares! I finally feel HUMAN!"

kiki0122 April 25, 2010

"I have been on Suboxone for at least 4 years. I went from 3 times 8mg to 4mg 1 time daily and I felt just as a normal functioning person with regular feelings. Everything was normal. Now I am in a country where they don't have such a medication and I am back on methadone and feel as I felt before while being on heroine and other opioid substances. No feelings, no nothing. I can't wait to get back home to keep taking Suboxone because this is a miracle pill if you even decided to stay on maintenance. I felt just fine on 2mg 1 time daily but I tapered myself gradually over months. So I can just recommend for people who have opiate addiction problems to switch to Suboxone."

ashtray April 23, 2010

"I have been a doper since the the guys in vietnam sent it home in the mail. Been on methadone programs for 20 year but always seemed to relapse. Jail was my clean time too. Well after 10 years on aldie, a methadone program and wanting to get off it, they said try suboxone. I did and its the best but I also had years of counseling to go with it. I'm on 2mgs and I feel great. Wish I had this back in the 70's! Only problem is it is so expensive. But my life is worth it. It was a tough one and now my life is really sober and good."

OL TIME USER April 21, 2010

"I just recently started my Suboxone induction 2 days ago. I am 20 years old an have been addicted to opiates since I was 17, at worst I was using 4 O.C's a day or 5 baloons of heroin a day. Only using Suboxone for 3 days I am very happy to say I'm starting to feel normal again. No withdrawals at all. I am currently taking 8mg 2 times per day. Without this drug I would be spending 150-200 dollars a day just to feel normal. My goal is to gradually wind myself off of Suboxone and be completely drug free and get my life back. Opiates are by far the worst drugs out there. If anyone at all has a physical dependence on opiates I would strongly recommend SUBOXONE."

Anonymous April 21, 2010

"I have been addicted to any kind of pain pills since I was in high school. It all started with a football injury. I'm not blaming anyone or anything for my dependence of pain pills. At my worst I was snorting 13-15 30mg Roxies a day. I've been taking Suboxone for 4 months now and it has totally saved my life. I started Suboxone and ever since I have been clean and happy. I can finally start my life again. I strongly urge anyone with a opiate dependence to seek out Suboxone , it will help you!"

no more pills April 18, 2010

"I have sat here and read every comment on here and I agree with almost all of them. Suboxone is a WONDER DRUG!! I was addicted to any kind of painkiller that I could get my hands on, and I had to have it every single day just to get up out of the bed. This went on for almost 4 years and I have 2 children that I was NOT being the best mother to. When I left my children's father, who is also an addict I met the most amazing man who also had the same problem but had been on Suboxone for almost a year and got me into his doctor. I have been on it for almost 6 months and I am proud to say that I am back in college and a wonderful mother who loves to get up with my kids everyday! Anyone who has this problem, please try Suboxone, it works!!"

CheyBaby April 5, 2010

"after the war, I became dependent on opiates to relieve back and knee injuries i sustained overseas. overtime my addiction grew into buying oxy and roxy and using 60-150mg/day. my addiction took control of my life and i was using just to fight off the withdraws. i went to the VA got put on suboxone. it took care of the w/ds and I am happy to say I'm free from the demons that are opiates. take that first step and realize you have a problem, when you are ready get this drug prescribed to you. it helped me become the man i once was and i am grateful. also, learn your triggers that lead you to use opiates and avoid them."

IraqVet March 23, 2010

"I tried to detox myself from a 10 bag a day heroin habit and 80mgs of oxy. I would always make it 3 days until the withdrawal got so bad I had to use to not feel sick. I thought it would be impossible to quit. After being on suboxone for 3 days I have had no withdrawal symptoms and the severe depression I would get from not taking opiates was gone. I have my life back thanks to this drug and my doctor. Best choice I ever made. Suboxone + NA = Better Quality of Life"

Triptone March 22, 2010

"Really helped, but if you are on methadone or extremely high levels of narcotics ask a doc first. My sister who was on 200mg of methadone a day took a 8-2 suboxone and she went into withdrawal. I was eating tabs, perks and o. C's and finally decided to try the suboxone. Well 1yr later I am free from the searching, sickness and hassles. I love them."

GALLIA March 16, 2010

"I was taking 10 to 15 roxys a day and started Suboxone and haven't had one single withdrawal symptom! Awesome drug!"

Anonymous March 12, 2010

"I was on 3 to 4 bags a day for three years. Always felt depressed. Now I have been on Subutex for 3 years, feel no desire to get high. Am scared on how I will feel coming off of it. I am going to start to cut it back. I am on 4mg twice a day most of the time. I take 2 mg twice a day. Want to stop so I can feel like myself again. "

thevez March 1, 2010

"I begged to be put on Suboxone because I had been on Lortab forever without any relief as I have severe neck and back injuries. This is a miracle drug! You could not pay me enough money to go back on Lortab or any drug of that category. I am so thankful for this medication, I have not experienced one bit of pain since I started this treatment."

Anonymous February 28, 2010

"I am 1 year off of opiates, and my success was supported by Suboxone. The day I walked into my physicians office and asked him for help was the beginning of a brand new life for me and my family. I am so grateful for the help of my Dr., my family, and Suboxone!"

zoola February 17, 2010

"I have been a opiate addict for 10 years as well as other things too; such as MARJ., METH, COKE, BENZOS, BASICALLY anything to get high. I have recently just got done doing 6 months in jail and like in the past I knew the streets would be waiting when I got out so I immediately went to a Doctor to get on this MIRICLE DRUG I've heard about called Suboxone, needless to say I haven't used since. THANK YOU SUBOXONE CREATOR. I wish I would have known about this years ago so I could have saved my family and myself ALOT of HEART-ACHE as well as a lot of money I've blown over the years. If someone is truly ready to turn their life around from doing drugs then Suboxone is truly here for you and it will help you stay on the right path in this journey of life."

Brittay February 13, 2010

"I am 29 years old and began abusing opioid medications about seven years ago. At my worst, I was taking up to 50 tabs of 10 mg Norco per day. When my own prescription ran out, usually within 2 to 3 days, I would manipulate my elderly grandmother into giving me her entire month's prescription. I would mix these drugs with Ativan and alcohol. It's a miracle I didn't kill myself. I have three small children that I wasn't capable of caring for properly and a husband that picked up all the slack. I made the decision to quit and have been on Suboxone for almost a week. This medication has been a life-saver. No withdrawl symptoms, no cravings for pain pills. This is saving my life. A truly amazing medication."

eugenestandifers February 12, 2010

"I am 47 years old and have abused narcotics since I was16. From Codeine, Percodan, Tylox, Norco, and Oxy's to shooting 3 grams of heroin a day. Incarceration, Homelessness, Finally got on Methadone but was miserable. A friend gave me some Suboxone tabs and I couldn't believe it! It was a miracle! I have been on Suboxone for going on four years and live a very productive and happy life. I have a family and a career and things I would have only sold to buy more drugs with. Take it from me, if you want to stop destroying yourself and the people that love you, look into getting on Suboxone. I promise you, you won't regret it!"

Iceintheback February 1, 2010

"Suboxone changed my LIFE. This drug is in a class by itself. I have had no real side effects while on this. I've been on it for almost a year and never have the cravings to use anything. If you are looking into treatment take this route not methadone. I was on methadone 4 years and found myself relapsing all the time. If you are currently on methadone and are wanting to switch talk to your doctor because Suboxone will throw you into a severe withdrawal when taking after, even days after your last dose. They will know how to do it. Overall this drug has single-handedly changed my path to becoming sober. Good luck in your recovery!"

10yr.Addict. January 30, 2010

"I started smoking marijuana at the age of 14 by the time I was 16 I was occasionally using pain medication. I graduated high school and went to college for two years. I started using the pain medication regularly and soon was addicted to OCs. I was addicted for three years, during that time I did not finish college and lost my scholarships. I knew I had to do something about it before I ended up dead or in jail. So I went to a doctor and was put on Suboxone, it changed my life. I have been on it for two years and I am completely free of the cravings and addiction to pain medications. I am now finishing my bachelors degree. I recommend this drug to anyone with an addiction to opiates."

Anonymous January 25, 2010

"I went off it for my 1st child. I had only been on it 3 months and it was easy, no withdrawal symptoms. I went back to using heroin after I had my daughter. I since have been clean for 3 years now. I have been on Suboxone the whole time. It is not easy to go completely off it this time. I got pregnant with my son about 18 months ago. I recommend Suboxone! He was over 8lbs and super healthy! He didn't go through any withdrawal symptoms. He had the yawns a little, that's it. On Methadone it's proven that babies go through withdrawl! My baby is smart and healthy! My doctors just monitored me closer than usual. More ultrasounds, and they talked back and forth. I was on about 4mg while pregnant. A high dose might be bad, lower is better!"

Prego on Suboxone January 22, 2010