User Reviews for Black cohosh

Also known as: Menopause Support

Learn more about Black cohosh.

Postmenopausal Symptoms 9 reviews 202 medications

6.7
Herbal Supplementation 2 reviews 19 medications

Summary of Black cohosh reviews 11 reviews 3.9

Reviews for Black cohosh

For Herbal Supplementation: "I took one pill to help with my Hot Flashes. It has been 5 days sinceI took the pill and ever since I have been dealing with painful diarrhea w/ a lot of blood in my stool. been to the emergency room for this and they determined that it was from this one pill. my Dr. has put me on famotidine to help relieve my issue. 5 days in and I'm still passing everything I eat within a half an hour of eating. been absolutely miserable. Please beware not only am I out the $7 for the pills but also the cost of the Emergency care visit, and lab cost for the blood work but also missed work due to it."

Babs R April 6, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I've just gone though a very painful week in the hospital, due to pancreatitis caused by Black Cohosh. It had been recommended to me by my GP as a herbal product that would help with premenopausal symptoms. I bought a bottle and I took it daily for over two months before started experiencing mild abdominal pain similar to cramping from your period. Last week I woke up in excruciating pain and was sent to the ER. After ruling out gall stones, ruptured cyst, or appendicitis, they did surgery and finally concluded pancreatitis. I had a very painful week-long hospital stay followed by another week out of work for recovery. I would not recommend anyone takes this herbal supplement, EVER. Even under your doctors care."

ItsMeInRM (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "This gave me horrendous sick and incapacitating migraines. I'd infinitely rather have the hot flashes it briefly suppressed."

Espare October 17, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Herbal Supplementation: "Three weeks into this and absolutely no effectiveness whatsoever . Im 48 my doctor recommended this i take 540 mg once a day as instructed . I will continue to take until im convinced its not effective at all ."

pool days June 22, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I was having bad hot flashes and gave this a try. 40 mg 3x's a day, then down to one a day within one week. I feel a lot better, less grumpy. Just make sure if you're going to take it, check drug interaction."

mellogrrl65 October 18, 2015

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I take black cohosh as Remifemin but I don't take it twice a day as suggested. I wear the low dosage of Estrivill. Estogen. Patch. That wasn't enough so instead of increasing it I take black cohosh one 20 milligram every other day, I don't take it every day. It seems like my body only requires a pick me up, which every 2 days I take it. Works that way for me. Hot flashes gone."

Florida gal Palm trees October 9, 2014

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I get the dried organic root from Mountain Rose Herbs. I put about two heaping tablespoons in a tea strainer, pour boiling, hot water over it in a cup, cover the cup and steep for 15 minutes. The tea is very bitter but my hot flashes are all but gone. They went away almost instantly and my mood has dramatically improved. Would highly recommend this to anyone. No headaches, no side effects, drink 2 cups per day."

tst (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 2, 2012

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I started taking black cohosh two days ago for night sweats and hot flashes. The hot flashes have been reduced by at least 50% I am really happy with the results so far."

Anonymous October 21, 2011

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I started taking Black Cohosh for Postmenopausal Symptoms, due to Breast Cancer scare from taking prescription hormone replacement therapy and it has worked great for me. Hot flashes are rare now and my mood has changed for the better. I think it wonderful and it's Natural!"

Anonymous October 3, 2011

40 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I have only taken the supplement for 1 day and I was wondering about the headache and lightheadeness. But my sweats have been reduced tremendously. I went from 1 every other hour to 4 in one day with just taking morning and night pill. I am so happy to finally find something to help with this menopause. I'll take an Advil and get rid of the headache. I'm satisfied."

pattym October 3, 2011

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I started taking Black Cohosh to relieve hot flashes and night sweats. Within about 12 hours after taking my first dose I felt dizzy and nauseas. It has taken me about 5 days to link it to Black Cohosh."

Anonymous November 3, 2009