User Reviews for Black cohosh

Also known as: Menopause Support

Learn more about Black cohosh.

Postmenopausal Symptoms 8 reviews 202 medications

7.7
Herbal Supplementation 1 reviews 19 medications

Summary of Black cohosh reviews 9 reviews 4.3

Reviews for Black cohosh

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "This gave me horrendous sick and incapacitating migraines. I'd infinitely rather have the hot flashes it briefly suppressed."

Espare October 17, 2016

For Herbal Supplementation: "Three weeks into this and absolutely no effectiveness whatsoever . Im 48 my doctor recommended this i take 540 mg once a day as instructed . I will continue to take until im convinced its not effective at all ."

pool days June 22, 2016

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I was having bad hot flashes and gave this a try. 40 mg 3x's a day, then down to one a day within one week. I feel a lot better, less grumpy. Just make sure if you're going to take it, check drug interaction."

mellogrrl65 October 18, 2015

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I take black cohosh as Remifemin but I don't take it twice a day as suggested. I wear the low dosage of Estrivill. Estogen. Patch. That wasn't enough so instead of increasing it I take black cohosh one 20 milligram every other day, I don't take it every day. It seems like my body only requires a pick me up, which every 2 days I take it. Works that way for me. Hot flashes gone."

Florida gal Palm trees October 9, 2014

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I get the dried organic root from Mountain Rose Herbs. I put about two heaping tablespoons in a tea strainer, pour boiling, hot water over it in a cup, cover the cup and steep for 15 minutes. The tea is very bitter but my hot flashes are all but gone. They went away almost instantly and my mood has dramatically improved. Would highly recommend this to anyone. No headaches, no side effects, drink 2 cups per day."

tst (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 2, 2012

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I started taking black cohosh two days ago for night sweats and hot flashes. The hot flashes have been reduced by at least 50% I am really happy with the results so far."

Anonymous October 21, 2011

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I started taking Black Cohosh for Postmenopausal Symptoms, due to Breast Cancer scare from taking prescription hormone replacement therapy and it has worked great for me. Hot flashes are rare now and my mood has changed for the better. I think it wonderful and it's Natural!"

Anonymous October 3, 2011

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I have only taken the supplement for 1 day and I was wondering about the headache and lightheadeness. But my sweats have been reduced tremendously. I went from 1 every other hour to 4 in one day with just taking morning and night pill. I am so happy to finally find something to help with this menopause. I'll take an Advil and get rid of the headache. I'm satisfied."

pattym October 3, 2011

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I started taking Black Cohosh to relieve hot flashes and night sweats. Within about 12 hours after taking my first dose I felt dizzy and nauseas. It has taken me about 5 days to link it to Black Cohosh."

Anonymous November 3, 2009