User Reviews for Betamethasone / calcipotriene

Also known as: Dovobet, Enstilar, Taclonex, Taclonex Scalp

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Betamethasone/calcipotriene.

Plaque Psoriasis
7.5

Psoriasis
7.4

Summary of Betamethasone/calcipotriene reviews 7.5 51 reviews

Reviews for Betamethasone/calcipotriene

Enstilar (betamethasone / calcipotriene) for Plaque Psoriasis: "ENSTILAR 1. Expensive One 60g foam costs; w/o insurance =$1000.+ w/good insurance =$500.+ Insurance + coupon =$100.+ 2. Dosage Daily for 4+ weeks Usual 60g EVERY 4 days 3. Total Costs 4 weeks = 120days/4 =30 cans w/o insurance $1000x30=$30,000 w/good insurance $500x30=$15,000 Insurance + coupon $100x30=$3,000 4. Effectiveness Approximately 4-6 months +/-"

Scalpme November 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Taclonex Scalp (betamethasone / calcipotriene) for Plaque Psoriasis: "After 37 years I have tried all the shampoos, creams, oils, out there. I am still refusing biologics though..... the stuff can give you lymphoma, no thanks. My dermatologist gave me samples of taclonex topical suspension and I liked it right away. I like that It stays on long enough to soften my plaques. It eases some of my relentless itching immediately so that I can sleep. I paid 40 dollars for my prescription because I called my insurance ahead of time to get it approved, that saved me 1200 dollars. It worked well for me when I got samples, here is hoping it continues to work for a while."

Betty Boopwa (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriasis: "It would be nice to use this product, but being self employed with $6000 deductible you want to charge me $700.00 for a tube of this stuff. That is criminal and you should be ashamed of yourself."

PartyPatty (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriasis: "Fantastic product! I have, like most, tried everything. Orals, topicals, injectable, etc. This cleared me up quickly (at least the spots I could reach). Within a month large plaque areas were smooth and flesh tones. While other lesser spots were gone leaving the dark patch of my past spots. It leaves a "waxy" feel when applied but not the ointment feel of others at all. I would HIGHLY recommend this product to anyone."

Billy W July 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Taclonex Scalp (betamethasone / calcipotriene) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I found that my plaques were softened by the scalp oil. I found the scalp oil easy to was out in a single washing. Those were positives. I stopped using for the simple reason that I couldn't sleep. I wear a night guard for my teeth grinding, and a c-pap for sleep apnea. By the time I put the thing in my mouth for my teeth, oiled up my head, placed shower cap followed by c-pap I felt smothered and found it difficult to sleep. The addition of oil and plastic hat (which is noisy) made my c-pap slip off and require attention frequently in the night. Bedtime was a circus and scalp oil was a challenge I couldn't keep in my routine."

brook72 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Taclonex (betamethasone / calcipotriene) for Psoriasis: "I have had Scalp psoriasis for over 20 years, and about 10 years ago developed it in my ears as well. I was able to calm the scalp psoriasis for a long time with Nioxin shampoo and scalp therapy, but nothing was helping with my ears - They were so bad with plaques at times I couldn't hear well, and forget wearing a headset for work! 3 days ago my doctor prescribed Taclonex after so many other things didn't work. Today I was able to wear ear buds for the first time in 5 years. As for my scalp, it started flaring up about a year ago, so I'm using Taclonex on my scalp as well. I don't notice as much change on my scalp yet, but I do notice a reduction in itching. Drawback - Very greasy in the hair, hard to wash out."

ScalpAndEars (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Enstilar (betamethasone / calcipotriene) for Plaque Psoriasis: "like others have said, it's a foam but it's sticky like glue. It's helps a little bit in keeping flare ups at bay and it may get rid of some very small spots, but it's not going to do much for any large inflamed patches."

Wooster7777 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Enstilar (betamethasone / calcipotriene) for Psoriasis: "This was prescribed to me for scalp psoriasis after trying a medical shampoo and another topical lotion with no relief from the itch and flakes. I found within the first few applications it relieved the itch and got rid of about 90% of the plaques on my scalp. I have been using it for almost a month now and its made a worlds difference for me! The only reason I've not given it a 10/10 is how greasy it is, its hard to apply and much harder to remove from my hair. After trying a couple of things I've found that the trick is to use baby oil to break down the stickiness and use dish soap to wash it out (I do this step at night before bed) then in the morning I use Loreal's extraordinary clay hair mask to absorb the remaining baby oil!"

Kurbs April 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis: "I have only used Enstilar for about 2 months and so far it hasn't helped me but I don't use it often because of the issues below. 1. Skin feel like you sprayed glue on it..sticky can't dress until you stop sticking. 2. Spray is messy goes everywhere and hard to hold can and spray on awkward spots. 3. Foam comes out ice cold which is painful to psoriasis. This one is nutty to me. 4. Horrible to wash out of hair. Did this once never again. Might be more effective if it was in a big tub NOT tube."

Battyone (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Taclonex (betamethasone / calcipotriene) for Psoriasis: "Taclonex Susp. has turned my life around! I primarily use it on my scalp and sometimes on the cuticles of my toes. I no longer look like a walking dandruff commercial. In the beginning, I did use it about 3-4 times in a row, at night. Then I'd shampoo with a product that had salicylic acid in it. After about 6 months, I didn't need to use the Taclonex as often. It has become an "as needed" medication for me. When my scalp starts itching, it's time to start using the Taclonex Susp. I did get a Zero Co-Pay card my derm and have not paid anything for this. Do have psoriasis everywhere else."

sandee5353 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 10, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Enstilar (betamethasone / calcipotriene) for Psoriasis: "This stuff is horrible!!!! I was prescribed this for scalp psoriasis and it made it worse. This stuff makes a mess it gets all over clothes and bedding not only that but it does not wash out of hair. I washed my hair 8 times and even used Dawn dish soap and still could not get it out of my hair."

cookies0726 (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriasis: "I've had psoriasis for over 30 years. When I first used this product it worked wonders but lately it has been really aggravating my skin so I stopped using it. For my scalp psoriasis, my dermatologist suggested that after I wash my hair I should dry it fairly quickly. This small change in my routine has reduced my scalp psoriasis by about 80%."

Deedee1613 November 14, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Taclonex (betamethasone / calcipotriene) for Psoriasis: "I have been on it for a year and never gotten any better after the first week. This is my last refill just hoping for a miracle."

J262946 September 6, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Taclonex (betamethasone / calcipotriene) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Along with Otezla I had great results! No itch, no misery, no side effects other than clearer skin. All my scaling and flakes are invisible except of my left calve which is a faint light pink."

Happy me (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 26, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriasis: "I had psoriasis on the bottom of my right foot for years. Nothing helped it. My doctor prescribed this ointment. I use it 2x aday. Within a week there was dramatic improvrment. The scales and redness disappesred and I no longer scratched my goot raw and bleeding. Thank you for discovering this ointment combination I'm a believer."

miracle rx November 11, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Taclonex (betamethasone / calcipotriene) for Psoriasis: "I've had psoriasis for 15 years and I used the taclonex ointment for a couple of years before going on biologics. Last month I had a flare up while on Stelara and my derm told me taclonex had been reformulated into a suspension and he wanted me to try it and gave me a coupon for $0 copay. Yay! I take the RX to be filled and find out that my insurance will not cover it and the coupon pays up to $300 my portion was $1433. The ointment worked well for me, so I just knew the reformulated version would work wonders. I used the suspension 2x/day for a month. This medication was extremely greasy, ruined my sheets and my clothes and actually made my psoriasis worse. I would NOT recommend this product. Try clobetasol instead."

Emily P October 31, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Taclonex (betamethasone / calcipotriene) for Psoriasis: "This product is extremely greasy. It does not absorb into the skin and sits on the surface until eventually it will wipe off on clothes, furniture, bed sheets etc. As result it can't really be used in the morning, day or evening. Disappointingly CVS would not take it back for a refund on the day of sale. Also called Leo Pharmaceuticals, who make the product, and they could only offer an exchange for the same product! Outrageous considering how much money the industry makes!! Now I have 2 bottles of this expensive product I cannot use. I recommend to get the Clobetasol cream and stear clear of this one."

JezB May 1, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Taclonex (betamethasone / calcipotriene) for Plaque Psoriasis: "In just 3 weeks my skin is clear."

Mamaril February 7, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Taclonex (betamethasone / calcipotriene) for Psoriasis: "I used Talconex when it first came on the market. The scratching would keep me up all night and I would use sand paper from the hardware store to file down the hard crust. I was always bleeding. I went to the dermatologist again and he told me something new came on the market and told me it works in 75% of the people. He gave me samples. I asked if I should file down the crust before applying the samples. I swear, the next day the crust was gone. It was like a miracle. The whole area which had lost its color came back in about a year. I may be 1 of the lucky ones -it never came back -skin clear &soft."

Psorasis free November 25, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Taclonex (betamethasone / calcipotriene) for Psoriasis: "I've been struggling with scalp psoriasis for 4 years and tried the OTC treatments, but nothing has worked! My dermatologist prescribed me this medication and I started applying it 2x/day on my scalp and I started seeing major improvements within a week! I've stopped scratching my scalp now and I've been happy to have this relief. Gone are the days when I would be scratching my scalp constantly and my back would be full of dandruff. I also have guttate psoriasis on my legs and trunks. The results aren't as effective and instant compared to ones on my scalp so minus 2 stars! I wish it helped clear the pink spots up right away though! Ugh, it's like acne on your legs, but more stubborn!"

Double T October 18, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Taclonex (betamethasone / calcipotriene) for Psoriasis: "I applied Taclonex for over a year. It sooths and moisturizes the skin but consistent improvement did not happen. My Psoriasis seemed to flare up and then subside without any direct impact from this product. It is expensive!"

murray57 August 9, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Taclonex (betamethasone / calcipotriene) for Psoriasis: "I have had psoriasis for like 5 years. Nothing has worked. I have had it in some spots on my body, my ears, and on my scalp. I used this medicine one time in my ears, and some on my scalp and i saw a HUGE improvement. My ears are pretty much cleared up, and my scalp is on it's way! Best topical I have ever used! I highly recommend it!"

Michaela.Danielle (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Taclonex (betamethasone / calcipotriene) for Psoriasis: "Scalp psoriasis spread uncontrolled for over 2 years, it was unbearable! Less than a week on this medication, and it's almost completely cleared up. The price is high, but the results are worth it. No negative side effects."

Maverick_No9 June 26, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Taclonex (betamethasone / calcipotriene) for Psoriasis: "I have had psoriasis for over 15yrs and Taclonex was the only medication that actually cleared it up. It worked quickly and the psoriasis stayed gone I was only fortunate enough to experience this medication because my dermatologist gave me free samples and I was able to spread that out for a year. My psoriasis stayed clear for about 6 months after I stopped using the Taclonex. My only cons to this medication is it tore up my fingernails (I recommend applying it with gloves) and the price! I was very disappointed when I went to fill my prescription and found out the price. I just cannot afford it. Almost $800.00 with ins! That is the only reason I gave 7 stars. If it were actually affordable I would give it 100 stars."

jkl new mexico March 1, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Taclonex (betamethasone / calcipotriene) for Psoriasis: "Taclonex seemed to work the first day or two, but then nothing plus, it is greasy and very expensive. "

G-man2 October 10, 2013