User Reviews for Betamethasone / calcipotriene

Psoriasis
7.4

Summary of Betamethasone/calcipotriene reviews 7.5 58 reviews

Reviews for Betamethasone/calcipotriene

Enstilar (betamethasone / calcipotriene) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Its the only thing that has worked. It cleared up on my arm fast and is completely gone. I have one spot left thats not completely gone on my head, but its not getting worse. NO side effects with this medication."

JB (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2018

Taclonex (betamethasone / calcipotriene) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Very effective but quite disappointed since my insurance will no longer cover it."

Gina (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 5, 2018

For Psoriasis: "within 3 weeks use of betamethasone/calcipotriene my psoriasis symptoms were cleared"

jero (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2018

Enstilar (betamethasone / calcipotriene) for Psoriasis: "My dermatologist prescribed Enstilar for psoriasis mainly for my feet and hands, but after examination said I had it on my scalp as well. I've been using it for not quite one week yet and I do feel better. My main concern is that I can't wash it out of my hair. I asked my hair stylist/colorist what to use. She suggested tea tree shampoo mixed with baking soda. I let it sit in my hair for a few minutes, then reapplied. I followed up with conditioner. I would say my hair is about 90% less greasy."

Barb (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2018

Taclonex (betamethasone / calcipotriene) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Works well so far"

Ultra (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2018

Taclonex (betamethasone / calcipotriene) for Plaque Psoriasis: "So far so good. My psoriasis is clearing up; however I received topical steroid injections before using Talonex."

Cat (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018

Enstilar (betamethasone / calcipotriene) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I have severe psoriasis. Winter and stress make it worse. Nothing helped until I used this. I had psoriasis on my ear which would crack. In 24 hrs the spot was gone. The rest of my body over 4 weeks was immensely better like almost gone. Combining it with light therapy which I had to stop due to cost had amazing results. Almost 100% clearing. It is a little messy but a few ruined bedsheets and frustrating mess is worth the clearing I had with this."

Roxchic (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 18, 2018

Enstilar (betamethasone / calcipotriene) for Plaque Psoriasis: "ENSTILAR 1. Expensive One 60g foam costs; w/o insurance =$1000.+ w/good insurance =$500.+ Insurance + coupon =$100.+ 2. Dosage Daily for 4+ weeks Usual 60g EVERY 4 days 3. Total Costs 4 weeks = 120days/4 =30 cans w/o insurance $1000x30=$30,000 w/good insurance $500x30=$15,000 Insurance + coupon $100x30=$3,000 4. Effectiveness Approximately 4-6 months +/-"

Scalpme November 12, 2017

Taclonex Scalp (betamethasone / calcipotriene) for Plaque Psoriasis: "After 37 years I have tried all the shampoos, creams, oils, out there. I am still refusing biologics though..... the stuff can give you lymphoma, no thanks. My dermatologist gave me samples of taclonex topical suspension and I liked it right away. I like that It stays on long enough to soften my plaques. It eases some of my relentless itching immediately so that I can sleep. I paid 40 dollars for my prescription because I called my insurance ahead of time to get it approved, that saved me 1200 dollars. It worked well for me when I got samples, here is hoping it continues to work for a while."

Betty Boopwa (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 27, 2017

For Psoriasis: "It would be nice to use this product, but being self employed with $6000 deductible you want to charge me $700.00 for a tube of this stuff. That is criminal and you should be ashamed of yourself."

PartyPatty (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 2, 2017

For Psoriasis: "Fantastic product! I have, like most, tried everything. Orals, topicals, injectable, etc. This cleared me up quickly (at least the spots I could reach). Within a month large plaque areas were smooth and flesh tones. While other lesser spots were gone leaving the dark patch of my past spots. It leaves a "waxy" feel when applied but not the ointment feel of others at all. I would HIGHLY recommend this product to anyone."

Billy W July 12, 2017

Taclonex Scalp (betamethasone / calcipotriene) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I found that my plaques were softened by the scalp oil. I found the scalp oil easy to was out in a single washing. Those were positives. I stopped using for the simple reason that I couldn't sleep. I wear a night guard for my teeth grinding, and a c-pap for sleep apnea. By the time I put the thing in my mouth for my teeth, oiled up my head, placed shower cap followed by c-pap I felt smothered and found it difficult to sleep. The addition of oil and plastic hat (which is noisy) made my c-pap slip off and require attention frequently in the night. Bedtime was a circus and scalp oil was a challenge I couldn't keep in my routine."

brook72 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2017

Taclonex (betamethasone / calcipotriene) for Psoriasis: "I have had Scalp psoriasis for over 20 years, and about 10 years ago developed it in my ears as well. I was able to calm the scalp psoriasis for a long time with Nioxin shampoo and scalp therapy, but nothing was helping with my ears - They were so bad with plaques at times I couldn't hear well, and forget wearing a headset for work! 3 days ago my doctor prescribed Taclonex after so many other things didn't work. Today I was able to wear ear buds for the first time in 5 years. As for my scalp, it started flaring up about a year ago, so I'm using Taclonex on my scalp as well. I don't notice as much change on my scalp yet, but I do notice a reduction in itching. Drawback - Very greasy in the hair, hard to wash out."

ScalpAndEars (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2017

Enstilar (betamethasone / calcipotriene) for Plaque Psoriasis: "like others have said, it's a foam but it's sticky like glue. It's helps a little bit in keeping flare ups at bay and it may get rid of some very small spots, but it's not going to do much for any large inflamed patches."

Wooster7777 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 4, 2017

Enstilar (betamethasone / calcipotriene) for Psoriasis: "This was prescribed to me for scalp psoriasis after trying a medical shampoo and another topical lotion with no relief from the itch and flakes. I found within the first few applications it relieved the itch and got rid of about 90% of the plaques on my scalp. I have been using it for almost a month now and its made a worlds difference for me! The only reason I've not given it a 10/10 is how greasy it is, its hard to apply and much harder to remove from my hair. After trying a couple of things I've found that the trick is to use baby oil to break down the stickiness and use dish soap to wash it out (I do this step at night before bed) then in the morning I use Loreal's extraordinary clay hair mask to absorb the remaining baby oil!"

Kurbs April 1, 2017

For Plaque Psoriasis: "I have only used Enstilar for about 2 months and so far it hasn't helped me but I don't use it often because of the issues below. 1. Skin feel like you sprayed glue on it..sticky can't dress until you stop sticking. 2. Spray is messy goes everywhere and hard to hold can and spray on awkward spots. 3. Foam comes out ice cold which is painful to psoriasis. This one is nutty to me. 4. Horrible to wash out of hair. Did this once never again. Might be more effective if it was in a big tub NOT tube."

Battyone (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2017

Taclonex (betamethasone / calcipotriene) for Psoriasis: "Taclonex Susp. has turned my life around! I primarily use it on my scalp and sometimes on the cuticles of my toes. I no longer look like a walking dandruff commercial. In the beginning, I did use it about 3-4 times in a row, at night. Then I'd shampoo with a product that had salicylic acid in it. After about 6 months, I didn't need to use the Taclonex as often. It has become an "as needed" medication for me. When my scalp starts itching, it's time to start using the Taclonex Susp. I did get a Zero Co-Pay card my derm and have not paid anything for this. Do have psoriasis everywhere else."

sandee5353 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 10, 2016

Enstilar (betamethasone / calcipotriene) for Psoriasis: "This stuff is horrible!!!! I was prescribed this for scalp psoriasis and it made it worse. This stuff makes a mess it gets all over clothes and bedding not only that but it does not wash out of hair. I washed my hair 8 times and even used Dawn dish soap and still could not get it out of my hair."

cookies0726 (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2016

For Psoriasis: "I've had psoriasis for over 30 years. When I first used this product it worked wonders but lately it has been really aggravating my skin so I stopped using it. For my scalp psoriasis, my dermatologist suggested that after I wash my hair I should dry it fairly quickly. This small change in my routine has reduced my scalp psoriasis by about 80%."

Deedee1613 November 14, 2016

Taclonex (betamethasone / calcipotriene) for Psoriasis: "I have been on it for a year and never gotten any better after the first week. This is my last refill just hoping for a miracle."

J262946 September 6, 2016

Taclonex (betamethasone / calcipotriene) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Along with Otezla I had great results! No itch, no misery, no side effects other than clearer skin. All my scaling and flakes are invisible except of my left calve which is a faint light pink."

Happy me (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 26, 2016

For Psoriasis: "I had psoriasis on the bottom of my right foot for years. Nothing helped it. My doctor prescribed this ointment. I use it 2x aday. Within a week there was dramatic improvrment. The scales and redness disappesred and I no longer scratched my goot raw and bleeding. Thank you for discovering this ointment combination I'm a believer."

miracle rx November 11, 2015

Taclonex (betamethasone / calcipotriene) for Psoriasis: "I've had psoriasis for 15 years and I used the taclonex ointment for a couple of years before going on biologics. Last month I had a flare up while on Stelara and my derm told me taclonex had been reformulated into a suspension and he wanted me to try it and gave me a coupon for $0 copay. Yay! I take the RX to be filled and find out that my insurance will not cover it and the coupon pays up to $300 my portion was $1433. The ointment worked well for me, so I just knew the reformulated version would work wonders. I used the suspension 2x/day for a month. This medication was extremely greasy, ruined my sheets and my clothes and actually made my psoriasis worse. I would NOT recommend this product. Try clobetasol instead."

Emily P October 31, 2015

Taclonex (betamethasone / calcipotriene) for Psoriasis: "This product is extremely greasy. It does not absorb into the skin and sits on the surface until eventually it will wipe off on clothes, furniture, bed sheets etc. As result it can't really be used in the morning, day or evening. Disappointingly CVS would not take it back for a refund on the day of sale. Also called Leo Pharmaceuticals, who make the product, and they could only offer an exchange for the same product! Outrageous considering how much money the industry makes!! Now I have 2 bottles of this expensive product I cannot use. I recommend to get the Clobetasol cream and stear clear of this one."

JezB May 1, 2015

Taclonex (betamethasone / calcipotriene) for Plaque Psoriasis: "In just 3 weeks my skin is clear."

Mamaril February 7, 2015