User Reviews for Azithromycin

Also known as: Azasite

Learn more about Azithromycin.

Conjunctivitis, Bacterial 4 reviews 94 medications

6.3
Summary of Azithromycin reviews 4 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Azithromycin

Azasite (azithromycin) for Conjunctivitis, Bacterial: "These drops were applied by my ophthalmologist to treat conjunctivitis. Shortly after I got home 15-30 minutes later, my eyelids began to swell up. I called the doctor's office and was told to come back. By the time I got there my eyelids were so swollen I could barely see to drive. The doctor applied antihistamine drops to counter the allergic reaction. Eventually the swelling was reduced enough that I could drive home. My other doctors later presumed that I was allergic to the antibiotic in Azisite -- azithromicin. But I had taken that antibiotic orally several years earlier for infections and had no bad reactions. Another ophthalmologist suggested that one of the other compounds used in the Azisite solution might be allergenic."

Knolls02 (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2015

For Conjunctivitis, Bacterial: "I have meibomian glad dysfunction. I used the contents of one 2.5 ml vial over about a week, once daily at bed-time. Had some issues with stinging on application and blurred vision for a few hours the morning after using it. However, my dry eye symptoms are gone and my vision is better than it's been in years! Great medication! Other antibiotics (erythromycin ointment and neomycin/steroid suspension did little good.)"

prairieChicken October 13, 2015

Azasite (azithromycin) for Conjunctivitis, Bacterial: "I was unable to use it because of side effects. (1) 2 days after beginning it I experienced fast heart rate I stopped using it for two weeks. (2) When I resumed use one of my eyes became very painful. I used the drops for only 3 days. The cost of $95 was too much for me."

MJH (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2013

Azasite (azithromycin) for Conjunctivitis, Bacterial: "This medication worked, eliminated the condition for about 6 months."

Anonymous April 5, 2010