User Reviews for Finacea

Learn more about Finacea.

Rosacea 24 reviews 101 medications

7.9
Summary of Finacea reviews 24 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Finacea

For Rosacea "Finacea has worked great for my skin - it is the ONLY product that has taken anyway mostly all of the redness (cutting dairy out of my diet also helped immensely). I now do not wear any makeup other than mascara and a tinted moisturizer for SPF protection. Only thing is - the drug company is making this product almost impossible to afford. $275 every month? I know I certainly can't afford that. My dermo gave me a coupon for the first 10 bottles to be $175 but that is still killing me. I do not know how much longer I can reasonably buy it."

cate L. June 15, 2016

For Rosacea "Started working right away on the numerous colonies of pustules. Food was the cause then spices then alcohol. No. Lack of azelic acid. Obvious. Getting better and I am hopeful. I never had acne as a teen. Getting this rosacea in my early 50'S was frustrating and some of my skin got badly damaged by the pustules. Finacea seems to be correcting some of the damage."

Sea dubya (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2016

For Rosacea "Tiny amount goes a long way."

Chrisy2 May 2, 2016

For Rosacea "Finacea is a miracle drug, but the key to perfect (most of the time) skin is adding a good moisturizer. I use a good skin moisturizer for rosacea. I have my beautiful, glowing skin back!!! It is all worth the money to me. If your skin is burning and red it is probably because you are not using the right moisturizer. Remember, people with rosacea need special moisturizers. Maybe find one made specifically for rosacea. Good luck!!"

Shan1524 February 18, 2016

For Rosacea "I have moderate Rosacea but enough where my entire face is pink/red. I started using this two months ago day and night and the redness has gone down minimally, but I've started to break out in deep red pimples on my cheeks. I stopped yesterday and the pimples seem to be clearing up a bit. Definitely wasn't worth it because I now have acne marks all over my face."

Nat1294 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 9, 2016

For Rosacea "I've always had super clear skin then recently broke out in a really aggressive bit of Rosacea all over my chin and it was spreading-my confidence was out the window so I went to the doctors and she prescribed me with Finacea-at first it didn't do much and there were times it would flare up and I thought it was actually getting worse but I kept using it twice a day anyway and in the 3rd week it started clearing up more and more every day! I'm now in my 4th week using it and it is almost completely clear-it does take a little time to take effect but the results are so worth the persistence!"

Danni91 January 12, 2016

For Rosacea "I have been using Finacea gel for over a year, with very noticeable results. I apply in the morning and evening, after washing my face, and before applying moisturizer. I occasionally have some stinging and itching after application, and I have noticed this happens when my skin is starting to heal. It isn't bothersome, and I think the benefits outweigh the occasional slight discomfort."

Wheatens (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 16, 2015

For Acne "Finacea has worked wonders on my skin! As prescribed by my dermatologist, I use it once a day at night, after I wash my face and before I moisturize. I only need a pea-size amount of cover my whole face. In addition, I put on Acezone in morning (after washing and before moisturizing), and take a Doxycycline pill around dinner time, once a day. This combination of products has been a miracle! I went from having absolutely awful acne (so bad that I avoided going places for I was ashamed of my face) to clear skin in about 5 months! I didn't think it was possible that I could have clear skin. After countless drug store and beauty store products and prescribed creams such as Epiduo (which was awful), I have finally found my solution!"

niamhmc (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 31, 2015

For Rosacea "I've had terrible bumps and sores on my face for years and was just diagnosed with rosacea. I was given Finacea and minocycline. I was told to use it 2X a day and after the 2nd day I saw some improvement but my the 6th day my face was started to look burned. By the 10th day the bumps were horrible and my face and neck seemed severely burned. My skins was dry and cracked, swollen in spots and very wrinkly looking. The doctor said to stop it, let it completely heal then start again using it once every 3 days and build back up. It's been two weeks off the cream. My face peeled like it was burned but is getting better. Neck is still bad. Saying all this I'll still try again. Just be very careful if you know you have sensitive skin."

GracieMaeGirl (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2015

For Acne "I've been using this with doxycycline for about a month and a half and my skin has cleared up completely with the exception of some minor scarring. I put about a pea sized amount on at night and it goes on smoothly and doesn't leave a film or anything like some other topicals. Such a life saver!"

Becca1578 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2015

For Acne "Several years ago my husband died unexpectedly, and the shock, grief, and stress caused my skin to react violently. I developed hives, rashes, and cystic acne all over my face, back, and chest. My dermatologist put me on steroids and Minocyclin. Those prescriptions worked to clear up my skin conditions, but whenever I tried to get off the antibiotics, the acne would flare up horribly. Three years later, I am still on Minocyclin. I am trying to wean my system off the antibiotics by skipping a dose once a week, then twice a week, etc. Finacea to the rescue! I have been using Finacea for two weeks, and I noticed a significant improvement in my skin in just the first day. When my skin erupts, the Finacea fights back, reducing inflammation."

Finacea Fan July 12, 2015

For Rosacea "I have been using this for 6 months and the change in my skin has been amazing. I had been using doxy which was going okay, but once I stopped responding, the doctor prescribed me this. I wish I would have started with this product. I have moderate rosacea coupled with some cheek acne. This stuff started making s difference about 4 days in. I had people asking me what I had done different and why I looked so good. I only use it in the morning, and I can do this, because it dries SO fast. It doesn't leave a weird film or feeling like lots of prescription creams do. Even so, it helps tighten the skin and has smoothed the appearance of fine lines. The only reason I gave this 9 stars is because it gives you peach fuzz all over your cheeks."

Jrist June 16, 2015

For Rosacea "I have Acne and Rosecea. I like to call my type of Rosecea, Emotional Rosecea. My cheeks stay a little pink all the time but if I get hot, embarrassed, mad or pretty much any other emotion except happy, my face and neck get BRIGHT red. I didn't get acne or rosecea until I was probably 24 but now that I am 30 it is awful, I can't do a presentation at work without panicking because I know my face and throat will get bright red. I have tried Orecea, Doryx, Photo laser beam treatments and Mirvaso with no success. (the Mirvaso actually made it worse after helping for about weeks) I finally went to a new dermatologist and he prescribed me Finacea...and I LOVE IT!!! My face is MUCH less red and a the acne is almost gone! Try it!!"

Rosecea and Acne Girl June 7, 2015

For Acne "Been using this product along with bactrum for about 1 week and already see in good results... had 3 big cystic pimples that was on my face for more then 3 months...and they have gone down in 1 week..can't wait to see what the next month or 2 brings."

Nikkiiscaramel (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2015

For Rosacea "I have been using this for about 3 weeks now. It not only makes my redness worse, but it burns (I can deal with tingling, but not severe burning) severely and causes me to break out in hives! I really need to find something else because the allergic reactions/side effects I'm having is worse than the redness was to start with. "

Spritesdelights (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2015

For Acne "In the last I have used Finacea along with Solodyn for my cystic acne. Because my acne is primarily around the jaw line it is considered hormonal. Well the Finacea really really helped with redness and lightening old acne marks. My dermatologist informed me it has a slight bleaching effect and it definitely showed. After a few years being off of it I am back on. Hopefully it has the same effects."

RubyRosay December 17, 2014

For Acne "27 yr old male and never had acne until a yr ago. Initially, I thought it was stress or something short term that would go away. It never went away and the last yr I tried everything Imaginable: OTC acne meds, changed my diet numerous times; cut out all sugar, ate only organic food. Quit exercising to see if sweat was causing it. I did everything possible.I never had acne and could not figure out why at 26/27 it started. I finally went to the dermatologist and was put on Retin A, this made my acne 20x worse. Gave me cystic acne everywhere. I used it for over a month but could not take it anymore. Luckily my mom had Finacea. Within a day I saw results and within a week it was all gone. My face is perfect. I wish I had more room to say how great it is."

Acne no more (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 5, 2014

For Rosacea "This recently became over counter here so I thought I'd give it a go. I have suffered rosacea badly for near on 10yrs, as did my mother from her late 20's into her mid 50's. Nothing I have tried before has worked. This is day 4, and already my bumps are gone, my redness has reduced and my skin feels smooth, not dry and flaky. Only negative so far is it makes me itch and my skin feel tight for about half hr after application. My usual unscented baby sorbolene seems to help with that though. So far so good, hoping to see big results."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2014

For Acne "I have been using the product for approximately 1 month for my cystic acne. I have yet to notice any improvement in my acne. I do think my face is more smooth and less red, however. My adult cystic acne is very stubborn and related to my menstrual cycle. I hope it will improve with continued use!"

Anonymous July 25, 2014

For Rosacea "This is the best medicine I've ever used for my medium Rosacea! I've been using it for 8 days and the change in my skin is amazing. The texture has gone smooth from bumpy and feels super. My skin is also much less red. This is a terrific product."

Daisy F May 28, 2014

For Rosacea "I have been using this for the redness of rosacea. I don't really have bumps or acne from rosacea. I've been using this twice a day for six months and still have flareups."

Carol C. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 30, 2014

For Acne "45 yrs old and had acne my whole life, tried everything under the sun, including Accutane 11 yrs ago. This medication has done wonders for my skin over the past 8 months. It's truly a great product but it does cost $200 a tube with 15% off! I feel it's worth every penny."

Running girl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 29, 2014

For Acne "I have struggled with acne in my adult life for about a year now. It wasn't that bad, then significantly got worse over the past 6 months. I had huge cyst like pimples and some small ones around my chin mostly and my cheeks started getting bad as well. I tried every single product out there. I finally went to the dermatologist. Since I got pregnant a few months ago, my acne got even worse. The dermatologist told me all she could give me was Finacea. It's azelaic acid. Literally after 2 days, my pimples started to go down and the number of them started decreasing. It stings a bit and itches but it's a small price to pay.. This is a God send and I'm so happy I found it!"

Tiffanyc11 December 5, 2013

For Rosacea "Its my third night, 6th application and the results are significant. I have a mild textbook case of Rosacea but everything is relative. To me its terrible. I've been treating Rosacea like it was acne for years until I finally found a Dermatologist, who knows what she is doing. After 3 nights my face has cleared up dramatically and some of my pigmentation issues are getting better as well. So far, so good. Hopefully it will continue. I am going to have a LightPodNeo laser treatment as well to compliment the Finacea.. The Doctor recommended waiting until 6 weeks of the Finacea treatment was completed before having the laser treatment. She said laser can exacerbate the Rosacea if not done properly and at the right time."

Mild Roscea (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2013

For Rosacea "I had rosacea for few years, was using Metrogel - didn't see any results. Recently me dermatologist prescribed me Oracea and Finacea - I loved this combination. Now I am getting compliments, how great my skin looks. This is funny - I am not getting used to that. Having finally great skin at 53 years old. Finacea renews your skin, it does not dry you. Love it !"

TatiRa July 5, 2013