User Reviews for Tenormin to treat Supraventricular Tachycardia

Tenormin Rating Summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 75 medications used in the treatment of Supraventricular Tachycardia.

Reviews for Tenormin

Starrberry · Taken for less than 1 month April 5, 2020

“I have arrhythmia and this week I’ve had 2 tachycardia episodes over 200bpm. They prescribed me this medicine Tenormin to help with heart rate stabilization. I was pleased to find that it kept my heart rate between 65-80 all day and it also helped keep me calm. My issue is that this drug should NOT be taken if you have asthma. About 3 hours after I took the first dose, I had a bad asthma attack and had to take my rescue inhaler. It opened me up again, but the rest of the day I had a tight/sore chest with a raspy cough. I wish the doctor told me this to begin with. The drug work fantastically, but not for asthmatics.”

TJ · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 29, 2019

“I took Tenormin for one year and it always reduced my heart rate and also blood pressure which was very useful. Towards the end of the one year of treatment I suffered strange artefacts in my visual field, swelling of the face, dyspnea, swollen hands, etc., and the side-effects were similar to pseudo lupus.”

Trace · Taken for 10 years or more November 26, 2018

“Been taking Atenelol for 27 years for SVT. I take 50 mg twice daily. The only side effect is cold hands and feet for me. This drug has helped me more than any I've taken. In the beginning it made me very tired and my heart rate was in the 50s, but it take a bit of time for side effects to wear off.”

Justinus · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 18, 2017

“After I take 25 mg tenormin and avapro 75mg my heartbeat is better”

scentedberries July 27, 2015

“I've been taking this medication since Mar 2015. Started out on 75mg a day and found the side affects were horrible. Tiredness, dizziness.It just became to much and couldn't function. Doctor drop it to 50mg a day and my heart beat drops below 50bpm which is scary and blood pressure drops.”

Anonymous August 7, 2009

“Had severe tachycardia since 2004. I take 50mg 2x daily and resting pulse remains below 100 bpm.”

Learn more about Supraventricular Tachycardia

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)