User Reviews for Armodafinil (Page 9)

Also known as: Nuvigil

Drowsiness 6.0
Summary of Armodafinil reviews 7.1 336 reviews

Reviews for Armodafinil

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 11, 2012

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Drowsiness: “I have been taking Nuvigil for over a year. It has been a great thing for me. I was starting to be afraid to drive, even in the morning after a good night sleep. My doctor helped me by prescribing the 250 mg and I split them. I keep myself able to manage with the 125 mg by only taking it the days that I work, and skipping one day midweek that I schedule heavily with more physical stuff to keep me alert. I also notice anxiety building if I take it daily for several weeks, or don't get enough sleep while I am taking it.”

ZenZenPup · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 7, 2012

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Fibromyalgia: “It comes down to a very basic choice: DO I want to remain semi-comatose, in pain from head to toe, or remain drugged up and semi-sentient from the cocktail of potions meant to ease my "depression"? NUVIGIL is a third, best option. NUVIGIL brings back your ability to focus, concentrate, persevere, work at whatever your body can handle that day... all the things that make living productive and rewarding. Before NUVIGIL, I was losing, or had lost so many parts of my personality to just EXISTING from one prescription of AMBIEN, CYMBALTA, LYRICA, AMITRYPTILINE, FLUOXETINE, DOXEPIN, ZOLPIDEM, HYOSCYAMINE SULFATE, CYCLOBENZAPRINE, HYDROCHLOROTHIAZIDE, LISINOPRIL, METHOCARBAMOL, PROPANOLOL, etc.”

jvleagle · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 4, 2012

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “Love it.”

Collegegrl April 25, 2012

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: “I am a 22 year old female college student. I take Pristiq antidepressant daily. I was diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea (runs in my family) and I sleep with a CPAP machine which helps, but I was still tired and felt cloudy and unable to focus during the day. I started taking Nuvigil and it has really helped. I am prescribed to 250mg but I take the half dose. When I first started taking Nuvigil, I had awful headaches and sometimes I felt jittery. Nuvigil kept me up at night for the first few weeks but my body adjusted. I take it around 8am. I feel alert and am able to focus better in school. I only get a headache if I skipped a few days and they are not as bad.”

Kathleena April 18, 2012

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “I have been taking Nuvigil about 8 mos now 250 mg in morning and 150mg in afternoon. At first I had a lot of jaw pain but went away after a week or two. I had a lot of energy at first and really felt like I was able to focus again. I don't fall asleep any more on rides in the car, nor do I get sleepy when driving like I used to. I have noticed that my memory is really failing me and I asked my doctor but he says that is not a side effect of Nuvigil so I don't know what to think. Anyone else have this problem? I'm going through menopause also but I think it is more than that. I always had a basically a photogenic memory and now it feels like like is speeding by. Thanks”

Anonymous April 2, 2012

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “I'm a 21 year old college student. I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy without Cataplexy recently, even though it's been there basically my whole life. I'm currently on 250mg Nuvigil in the morning, and he's going to add another medication soon to help my brain sleep at night. Since I have such anxiety levels and it affects my sleep. It has helped me stay awake in class, but I still can't focus. I really don't feel much difference. I still take naps a few times a day, and I feel like the medication wears off by around 2:00PM and then I'm falling asleep again. The side effects I'm feeling are daily migraines, extreme cotton mouth, and sometimes an upset stomach.”

Anonymous March 28, 2012

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Bipolar Disorder: “I have bipolar disorder and I've tried many medications before we found what worked without nasty side effects. I was put on risperdone and Celexa to treat it, which I still take. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea and narcolepsy which my doctor put me on Nuvigil. I did not know Nuvigil could be a treatment for treating bipolar until I read about it on this site. I feel very upbeat with the Nuvugil and not tired all the time and I feel happy again. Even though I take other medicines for bipolar, I feel since I started the Nuvigil I feel even better.”

Cdicanio March 20, 2012

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Fibromyalgia: “Now I can get through the day without the fog and work like a normal human being. It is a miracle.”

Jennisonjr February 27, 2012

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: “I had to fight with insurance to cover my Nuvigil but finally got them too. I have battled to get my hypothyroidism optimized for years and even when I had it at a pretty good level, I was always tired. The Doc labeled it chronic fatigue and the Nuvigil has made a hug difference. I feel like I can finally keep up with everybody else and don't have to stand up at the back of meetings at work to stay awake. Nuvigil did have some strong side effects at first (headache, nauseous, lack of appetite) but they were pretty much gone after a week or so.”

25/male February 25, 2012

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “I'm 25 years old and have had narcolepsy since I was around 10. I've never been on any medication before and have lived my life around constant daytime sleepiness and having to take regular naps. My Dr prescribed me Nuvigil. Day one was the greatest I have ever felt in 15 some odd years! I have energy to do things, can eat without having to sleep afterwards, can stay awake at work. Still randomly after being up for a excessive period of time I get the urge to take a nap and if I do so, I have no issues. Bad side effects are mild headaches, slight tightening of the chest. Bad thing is my insurance only covers a small portion of it and most likely wont be able to afford it.”

LS5thBeatle February 21, 2012

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “I have EDS and found Nuvigil (250 mg) very effective for remaining awake for the first couple of weeks then my alertness diminished. I did find that while taking Nuvigil if I took a 20 minute nap in the afternoon, I awoke feeling refreshhed, not groggy and needing more sleep. The major side effect I experience is nearly severe jaw clenching/teeth grinding during the day when I was awake. My jaw is sore by 2 or 3 pm every day. Also, I found it difficult to sleep at night if I took it too late in the morning. I tried getting up at 5 am and taking my dose then sleeping for another hour. This helped me get to bed earlier at night. I noticed that I felt more anxious also.”

Bridgetlynn February 13, 2012

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “I have had narcolepsy since at least age 15 but was not diagnosed until around age 27. I started with 200mg of Provigil, then when that didn't work 400mg Provigil. That didn't work so we tried 200mg Provigil with 15mg Adderall. That helped some for a while. Then when adderall was affecting my blood pressure we moved to Nuvigil and away from the combination. I have been on 250 Nuvigil for about 2 yrs. It has done well but now within recent weeks, it is not holding it's own. I just wonder, at this point what hope is there? If Provigil and Nuvigil do not work, how can I continue working? I can't drive like this, I can't focus, I can't stay awake.”

Anonymous February 11, 2012

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “I get headaches from the medicine. It worked good for the first month and now I'm back to having sleep attacks.”

Anonymous February 4, 2012

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “I've been taking Nuvigil 250mg for about 1 month now. At first it was amazing and helped me stay alert and kept me from needing naps every day. About 2 weeks after starting I discovered a major decline in it's effectiveness and had to stop using it for a while to see if my tolerance would go back to normal. I still cannot go a full day without being tired so am considering doubling my dose or trying something else.”

bxgirlinohio January 20, 2012

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “If it wasn't for the cost I would give it a ten. I've been taking 150mgs a day for almost a year. With a card from drug co. I only pay $20, but when that card expires I cant afford $50 per month. My doctor just prescribed me Ritalin 10mgs 3 times a day (also probably have ADD). ”

Anonymous January 18, 2012

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: “This medicine has simply given me my life back.”

not a fan January 7, 2012

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Depression: “Be careful of medically induced hypo mania. I took this for years. Helped with depression and I decided to put up with increased anxiety and racing thoughts. Without my realizing it, I became extremely manic and caused irrational and destructive behavior. Thank God, switched doctors and medicines (to Lamictal). I wish I had known this can induce manic behavior! Please be careful because mania lies to you and makes you think all is well.”

cor1nna December 23, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: “Started taking this for extreme tiredness a week ago after my exhaustion level rose to unacceptable levels. In previous Multiple Sclerosis episodes I had been on Provigil, but stopped taking it due to severe headaches, and found I didn't need them anymore anyway. So far I haven't had any headaches and my mental alertness is significantly higher. My physical energy is still low, but has improved some. I can make it through a quick shopping trip without having to sit down and rest. I'm hoping that continued use of the medicine will build up my endurance level over time.”

Anonymous December 23, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Bipolar Disorder: “Nuvigil is a great medication. I have Bipolar disorder mixed state. I was often drowsy before taking Nuvigil. The first few days of taking 250mg of Nuvigil I felt better than ever. I was working out at the gym for an hour. Before taking the medication I couldn't even run. Depression sucked the life out of me. One of the bad side effects of Nuvigil is it induces mania/hypomania. I became hypomanic until my mood would drop down to depression and I had to take a mood stabilizer in order to normalize my mood.”

Anonymous December 22, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “I have a severe case of narcolepsy and Nuvigil honestly did not work at all.”

Tack57 December 14, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: “First day on Nuvigil prescribed by a "second opinion" sleep doctor. My first sleep doctor kept discounting my complaints of constant sleepiness even after having the CPAP machine for over a year. He had never even talked about any medications for excessive sleepiness. But, my "second opinion" sleep doctor did pay attention. I can't thank him enough. My first day on Nuvigil has been like a sunrise. This is the first day in at least 6 years that I didn't fall asleep. No headaches, jitters, nausea. Started to feel the "wakefulness" easing off after about 6 hours. I agree about the cost, it's outrageous at over $10/day. I also take medicines for Atrial-fib, so Nuvigil is one of the few I can take.”

Anonymous December 11, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Depression: “150 mg NuVigil does work somewhat for my depression, but the primary effects wear off after a few hours and I feel more tired than usual. It is better than any SSRI, SNRI, MAOI, atypical, or tricyclic antidepressant that I have taken.”

72C-10ChevyMan December 10, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: “Unlike all the other comments I have read, I work at night and drive a Truck for a living. I go to work at Midnight and drive all night and into the next day. I heard about Nuvigil and went to my Doctor and he prescribed it to me. Of course the insurance company wanted an explanation to pay for it. I haven't had much success with it, I guess because I only take it when I have a long night ahead of me. It has worked well for me about 1 out of 5 times. I will be talking to my Doctor and see if I need to take it everyday. But, with my schedule, shift work that varys and reversing my schedule when I am not working at night on my days off, is really different than most of what I have read on here. Maybe I need to find me a day job!”

Saved by Nuvigil December 3, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “I am a student. Was having sudden sleep blackouts when reading, or sitting in lecture. Also "brownouts" where, for example, listening to someone talk, I suddenly shut down and "sleep" but they think I am wide awake. Brownouts not good for driving! So, first day I took it, I read 3 chapters for a test that was two hours away. I stayed alert, and RETAINED every bit. No more blackouts or brownouts. Headache for the first week or so. Also, for the first few days, I hardly slept. Even stayed up all night a few times. I have learned to tweak it a bit, break the tablets, take a small amount at first and more later if I need it, but not overdo it. No changes in personality, other than being more competent at life.”

Anonymous December 1, 2011

“Effective in keeping me awake but causes some anxiety, insomnia if taken too late in the day and tremendous muscle weakness making running almost impossible!”