User Reviews for Armodafinil (Page 8)

Also known as: Nuvigil

Drowsiness 6.0
Summary of Armodafinil reviews 7.1 336 reviews

Reviews for Armodafinil

Biggersnook · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 8, 2013

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: “I have had 4 back surgeries ( pins, screws, plates, etc.) and both of my hips replaced, all before turning 43. Before this, I earned a Ph.D., became a Prof. in Accounting was rewarded multitudes of student-awarded, colleague-awarded, and superiors-rewarded accollades. Then, with all the narcotics, opiods, hospitalizations, etc, tenure was literally jerked from my grasp, and I have been forced out of three other universities since. The depression of repeated recoveries from surgery and then med withdrawals and job losses drove me into extreme depression. Got the pain under control but it got to where I was in bed 6 of 7 days full-time. I was taking Cymbalta, but when my Dr. tried Nuvigil, it brought me back to the happiness I had known before.”

Joan65 · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 2, 2013

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Depression: “Nuvigil make me feel dizzy, tired and lazy. Nuvigil does dull appetite to the point of being forgetful on me, I will go back to Provigil.”

loveheals87 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 23, 2013

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Drowsiness: “This medicine was the best thing that ever happened to me. That is, during the short amount of time that it actually did work. The side effects and it's ability to keep me awake came on hard and strong. I was emotionally unstable for about 3 days but that passed quickly. Then I was off to bigger and better things. I was busy all the time and started accomplishing things. I also started to lose a little weight and morphed into this social butterfly. It was awesome. Then it started to level off and before I knew it, I was napping again and back to my usual depressed self. Doctor kept upping the dosage til I got to the highest dosage twice a day and it still didn't work. So I've been taken off Nuvigil and am moving onto some other ADHD meds.”

Anonymuos February 16, 2013

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Bipolar Disorder: “I just recently started being treated for bipolar. And also just started taking Nuvigil, it has help me so much. I don't just want to sleep it has made me feel better(normal). I am kind of grateful that my doctor started treating me!”

iloveme123 February 15, 2013

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Bipolar Disorder: “I have been on Nuvigil for about a year. It is a miracle. My insured won't pay for the dosage I need so I get off of it on the weekends sometimes. I can feel a huge difference off of it and hope that the final stages of the trials produce positive results so I can get the dosage I need. I would not be alive without this medication, I am more productive, social and have no suicidal thoughts while on it.”

will123 February 12, 2013

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: “I have suffered with severe OSAH syndrome for 15 years. I have undergone two surgeries to help "clear" my airway with very short-term positive effects. For years, I "slept" for at least nine hours a night and still napped for 2 - 4 hours every day. I awoke EVERY morning with my uvula so swollen it felt like I was swallowing it, and with a severely dry mouth and nagging headache. When I was awake, I was in a fog. CPAP helped, but I still had to nap during the day. 6 months ago my pulmonologist prescribed Nuvigil and my life changed. It is a miracle medication. I never go without my CPAP and I take 250 mg Nuvigil around 9am and I can now have a normal, productive day. In addition, as long as I am CPAP compliant, my insurance pays all but $5.”

Lacie down south January 28, 2013

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “I took Nuvigil for a little over a year. It changed my life. I have had chronic fatigue for 13 years and the Nuvigil gave me the energy to live a normal life. I had a few side effects, but being awake was more important to me. Occasionally I would sleep lightly or stay up until 2 am. The more noticeable side effect was the fogginess. I would often forget what I was doing, why I walked into the other room and I couldn%u2019t get words out quick enough. I always had the %u201Cit%u2019s stuck at the tip of my tongue%u201D feeling when talking because I couldn%u2019t remember certain words. Overall, I was very satisfied with this medicine and it was effective. Once I lost my insurance I couldn%u2019t afford to take it anymore. $565 a month is a bit much.”

Anonymous January 24, 2013

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: “I have just started taking Nuvigil for a few days now. For the last few years I have been taking medicines to calm me down and ease my stress levels. I felt like I was a walking zombie most of the time when I was awake, but most of the time I just slept. I can't believe how amazing this medicine is, the cloudiness is gone I feel like Rip Van Winkle when he finally woke up. Wow!”

Anonymous January 21, 2013

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Bipolar Disorder: “It's been a rough 29 years discovering, living with and losing things because of bipolar, ADHD,and OCD! Tried literally every medicine under the sun, (ours and prob a couple other solar systems too.). So many my doc looked me in my eye and told me that I might "just have to learn how to live" with my head, mind, thoughts, and lack of actions, or intestinal fortitude as your father calls it, he's Air Force retired after 22 yrs. Suicidal thoughts all the time. Given all my possessions away. Stood on the bridge, the roof, and had the gun in my hand, but I always held on, cause I knew their was something like NUVIGIL out there somewhere, I just had to hang on long enough. If not for NUVIGIL I wouldn't have been able to focus long enough to write this!”

bipotom747890 January 17, 2013

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Bipolar Disorder: “I'm a Bipolar II with Panic Disorder. There is a possibility that I'm Mildly Narcoleptic also. The following Cocktail has me functioning at 100% for many years. 10mg of Abilify once a week - Increased concentration and did away with panic disorder 1mg of Xanax Every night along with a botanical extract call Lemon Balm- For Sleep 250mg of Nuvigil- Makes me alert and awake and full of energy. I believe that the Nuvigil works for me as an Antidepressant. If you are full of energy how can you be depressed? I believe the Abilify keeps the anxiety and panic disorder and mania in check. ”

dlswen622 January 16, 2013

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: “I have used a C-PAP for about 4 years. Before that I was on 2 liters of oxygen at night for 6 years. I always had some daytime sleepiness, but handled it with caffiene and more recently energy drinks. The sleepiness was getting worse and I was having microsleeps during the day. Lossing consciousnesses at work for a few seconds, waking and not knowing whether it was 3 seconds or 10 minutes. My sleep was good with C-Pap, I thought and the doctor read the chip from it and it said it was good too. I was prescribed 150mg Nuvigil. It was as if half of my circuit breakers were off and someone flipped them all back on. Startling to say the least. The first 2 days I had a low grade headache. Had to cut way back on coffee. Miracle!”

Anonymous December 9, 2012

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Fibromyalgia: “Nuvigil, as did Provigil, helps both the fatigue and aching pain (that no other meds would help). Need to go have a sleep study since I know my sleep is poor.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 9, 2012

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Depression: “Excellent response but it induces tachyphalaxisis,i.e. the effect wears off staying at same dose. With a break of 3 days efficacy comes back.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 1, 2012

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “I too have found that Nuvigil acts like a sleeping pill. I am taking 150 mg every morning. It was prescribed to counteract a side effect from another medication. It has made it worse.”

Karen9237 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 9, 2012

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Drowsiness: “Diagnosed with Hypersomnia. Prescribed 150 mg Nuvigil 1 x day. This medication made me extremely talkative for the first few days to the point of annoyance to others and even myself. Though it curbed my extreme need for napping and did make me feel somewhat more 'alive' during the day, the side effects, for me, far outweighed the benefits. Chills, daily headaches, feeling feverish with no temperature throughout the two months I took Nuvigil. Daily stomach pain and irritability and changes in my behavior to include sadness and crying episodes, feeling overwhelmed, feelings as if I were 'losing it'. I stopped taking Nuvigil two wks ago and no more side effects!!!!”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 21, 2012

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: “I have Lupus. Very beneficial for me. Made me functional again. I am extremely thankful for this medication.”

hawleyjess1953 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 21, 2012

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: “I have sleep apnea and use the c-pap but still felt so tired and my mind did not work. My sleep Dr. prescribed Nuvigil 150 mg. It was and is a miracle pill. I have taken it for 11 months. I feel like a new person with so much more energy. I deal with diabetes type 2, sleep apnea, high cholesterol, acid reflux and depression. I am not over-weight and am the only one in my large family with these problems but Nuvigil has helped me to cope much better. I was worried about it becoming habit forming and having to take larger and larger doses. But I only take 1/2 tablet in the morning usually. If I am going to be busier than normal, sometimes, I take the other half at lunch. But not often. IT IS STILL MY MIRACLE PILL.”

brandi66 · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 8, 2012

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Fibromyalgia: “I love this medication because of the diagnosis of fibromyalgia. I have such a hard time getting motivated and not wanting to sleep all the time. This medication helps me stay awake. I just wanted to let everyone know that there is a prescription card out there usually at the doctors office. It will help with the co-pay and usually takes up to $50.00 off of the cost of the medication. ”

tired of tired · Taken for less than 1 month July 29, 2012

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Drowsiness: “I suppose I am in the first stages of figuring out what causes me to be tired all the time. I am frustrated, and memories are flooding in of the onset of my tiredness. I remember falling asleep in every class in 9th grade at the age of 14. I always assumed my tiredness was from one reason or another. With that said, recently I have been back and forth to the doctor for four months now. This last time he prescribed Nuvigil, and wants to order a sleep study. I was so excited at the prospect of feeling awake, and to my dismay I have not felt anything good. Headaches mainly, tired, anxiety, emotional, spaciness, and even on 200mg took a 2 hour nap. Been on 150mg dose still tired and don't feel as much anxiety and spaciness. ”

dantri2 · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 29, 2012

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Drowsiness: “I have been on Nuvigil for several years for alertness, or lack thereof, and attention issues. I have had little side effects and don't think I could function properly without it. Initially, there was a bit of insomnia for a few days, but that passed and all is well since. Last week I ran out and had to wait a week to get the script through the mail. Ugh! I could not get up in the morning after 8-9 hrs of sleep, I walked around all day in a fog and was afraid I would fall asleep at work. This continued throughout the week and did not seem to get any better. Finally, my medicines came in, took it this morning and it was like the sun had come out and could function again. Not all medicines work for everyone, but for those it helps it is a lifesaver!”

aarontex · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 16, 2012

For ADHD: “This is a miracle pill for ADHD. After years of searching for a solution that would work with my chemistry, I feel so blessed.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 14, 2012

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: “I work nights in the Emergency Department as an RN at a large, very busy trauma center and have been for the past three years. This medication has been a lifesaver in terms of maintaining alertness throughout my shift without the shakes and nervous feeling like being overdosed on caffeine pills or energy drinks. I take the 250mg pill 1-2 hours before my shift at 7 pm and it carries me throughout the night. I used to take Provigil 100mg for two years before Nuvigil came out and found that I was taking up to 200mg doses a night. Nuvigil is great because it is cheaper, even with insurance and seems to last longer. I only take it four times a week when I work and that three day off time provides enough time for my body to not get used to it.”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 13, 2012

For Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: “Without this medicine I fall asleep frequently. I fall asleep while having breakfast, tying my shoes, reading the news, waiting at traffic lights. Without this my lifestyle is one of sleeping more than I am awake. Having it has changed my life, I can function in a normal way, it does not seem to have any negative side effects. I can't be part of life without it.”

gigantor · Taken for less than 1 month June 10, 2012

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Fibromyalgia: “I took this to help with the endless, debilitating fatigue I have from fibromyalgia. It didn't relieve my physical or mental fatigue at all but it did keep me awake until three in the morning (I took it about 11 am). I felt jittery and feverish (no actual fever, though). It kept me going all day but I still had the heavy, uncomfortable feelings of physical and mental fatigue. ”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 14, 2012

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “I have taken 250mg daily of Nuvigil for two years now. Without/before it I couldn't think straight, I dropped stuff, couldn't perform the simplest daily functions. Nuvigil has given me my life back! I couldn't drive for a year, I can now. My narcolepsy is pretty bad and if I miss one day of the Nuvigil I can't function. By the afternoon I can't stay awake or hold on to anything. The other medicine I was on didn't even compare to Nuvigil!”