User Reviews for Armodafinil (Page 14)

Also known as: Nuvigil

Drowsiness 6.0
Summary of Armodafinil reviews 7.1 336 reviews

Reviews for Armodafinil

Female, 32 November 17, 2009

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “I was diagnosed with narcolepsy about a month ago. I don't like taking pills but falling asleep at work at 8 am is just not acceptable. I was prescribed the 150mg and my insurance pays for it. There is a discount program offered by some pharmacies (using Walmart). My doctor gave me some information about it and I only paid $10. It is supposed to save $50 each month. My experience with the pill itself is mostly positive. I finally feel like I can actually pursue my dreams and goals and won't have to compromise on less because I am too tired to go for it. I also have the side effect of dry mouth though and on the 3rd day of full dosage, I get a bad headache. Because of that, I take only half on some days and most weeks don't take any on Sunday.”

ishe2she November 17, 2009

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: “I am on Nuvigil now and have been for several months. I take the 250mg tabs. Before Nuvigil, I took Provigil for over a year and my doctor told me that Nuvigil was a new refined version of Provigil. They work great for a while, then your body gets used to it; I will go a day or two without it and it seems to work better that way. My insurance did not want to pay for Provigil, so my doctor wrote a letter that it was imperative for my quality of life, so they started paying. When I switched to Nuvigil, nothing was ever said about it. It does make me more alert, but I can still lay down and take a nap while taking it. It is sure better than nothing, Or I would be in bed 24/7 as before.”

Nuvil_User November 13, 2009

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: “After being in the Military many years, I have been through a lot. I have severe fatigue. I pushed myself in the past to the point of falling asleep while standing. Just pushing myself because it's not fun being fatigued, and on the couch, sleeping tired, etc. I also deal with a lot of pain, Blown disc: back, neck and past surgeries on top of it all, and more. And that alone will wear on ones mind to fight it off. This is only my second day taking Nuvigil, so far I have noticed more mental concentration, and sensory perception: eye-sight, hearing, smell, and taste. I am sure more is still to come. Right now I can not fully rate Nuvigil because of my short duration of taking this medicine. As of now I am basically still fatigued physically.”

Anonymous November 5, 2009

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “I have been taking this medicine for two days....I have had trouble falling asleep at night around 11:00PM each night...I am hoping tonight will be a different senerio.”

Anonymous November 4, 2009

For Drowsiness: “I have suffered excessive daytime sleepiness for a long time. It was so bad that I would fall asleep at work, on the bus, in the car, etc., at least 4 times a week. After having sleep studies done, my doctor ascertained that I do not have obstructive sleep apnea, and I do not have narcolepsy. I work only daytime shifts. Nuvigil (armodafinil) 150 mg tablets were prescribed by my doctor, and they have changed my life. I have not fallen asleep at work since. I feel capable and energetic. I do not feel any depression, nor do I feel overwhelmed by obstacles. It is a MASSIVE change in my quality of life. One problem: My insurance company won't cover it.”

24female October 28, 2009

For Narcolepsy: “I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy by an MSLT and just found out the results today. I only experience ES with narcolepsy. I have been taking this medicine for almost 2 months now. I have had the dosage increased twice. At first when I started taking the medicine, I was very energized and had a hard time sleeping a few nights. After getting used to the medicine I don't feel excessively energized, jittery or have trouble sleeping at all. I just feel awake and it gives me the power to lead a successful life. I have had a few side effects to the medicine. I often experience neck cramps/aches and almost always get dry mouth. I also sometimes have a lack of appetite. These side effects are very manageable. Armodafinil has changed my life.”

fibromyalgia October 23, 2009

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: “So far I love Nuvigil. I can actually go all day without needing to lay down in the afternoon. I suffer from Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue. I may need to bump it up as 150 mgs. does not seem to make me as awake as it did the first week. I like the way it makes me feel awake but not nervous and jittery like Ritalin did. I can now work a shift and actually come home and do chores around the house instead of lay down. I have had no side effects so far and have been on it a month.”

Anonymous September 29, 2009

Nuvigil (armodafinil): “I take this medication only as needed for daytime sleepiness caused by depression and insomnia. It helps tremendously, though over time its efficacy does seem to diminish a bit. It can interact with certain oral contraceptives too, which is definitely NOT cool...but if you use a back-up method of BC it is great!”

pgheray September 28, 2009

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “I like the Nuvigil. My mother takes the Provigil and it works very good for her. My first day on Nuvigil I was awake and able to make it through the whole day without sleeping, no tiredness in my body or mind. After about a week I find I am in more control of when I want to sleep. I have no side effects at all. At first I took it with food then I tried without food I think with food is better because I guess it is absorbed slower. It is easy to take and I am more productive.”

JmicB September 23, 2009

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Drowsiness: “I was prescribed Provigil about 3 years ago to counteract excessive daytime sleepiness resulting from chronic insomnia. The dosage was set at 400 mg/day; 200 mg in the morning and 200 mg after lunch. Over the course of a normal work day I would experience a significant rush and crash cycle with each pill, and had the odd feeling of being anxious and tired at the same time. The effectiveness of the last pill would fade away well before the end of the work shift. I was recently prescribed Nuvigil and have taken it for about a week. So far I haven't experienced the rush/crash cycle associated with Provigil and it seems to last much longer. I take a single dose of 250 mg in the morning and usually feel the effect within an hour. Okay so far.”

paula walker September 17, 2009

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Drowsiness: “I have found it to be very smooth, have needed to take two per day, one early am and second one about noon to make it all day. No more trouble sleeping than normal. No shakiness or jitters, appetite seems normal. One tablet (150mg) was no help. I seem to be more productive during the day. No nausea or headaches, dizziness. I feel like I get along with it just fine.”

PinkInk September 14, 2009

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for ADHD: “After a few days on Nuvigil (after experiencing Provigil) I found it to be excellent for my ADHD. Provigil made me feel anxious all day to the point I could not run or workout in comfort. The first day on Nuvigil was the only day I had this feeling. The side effects for me are dry mouth and suppressed appetite. It is so nice to be focused. The worst effect was muscle weakness! I went from running 7 miles to not being about to run more then 7 minutes. ”

acuterninga September 13, 2009

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: “I had previously taken Provigil 200mg daily and my prescription ran out for about 2 months. I was given a sample package of Nuvigil 150mg daily to try for 2 weeks. I noticed that I only slept about 7 hours in 72hrs (3days). The Provigil did not do this to me.”

Anonymous September 1, 2009

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Drowsiness: “I struggle daily with falling asleep no matter where I am because of my Multiple Sclerosis related fatigue. Nuvigil helped me stay awake and didn't change my sleep patterns at night. TOO BAD MY INSURANCE WON'T PAY FOR IT! See I don't have a sleep disorder. No instead, I have a CHRONIC ILLNESS! ”

bostonboy August 10, 2009

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Drowsiness: “I have used Provigil for about 6 years for daytime sleepiness/fatigue. About 2 weeks ago I began taking Nuvigil instead. The effect is definitely longer-lasting by several hours, and initially it seemed more potent yet "cleaner" in terms of side effects than Provigil. However, more recently when I've taken it after a night of poor sleep I've had to increase the dose and I get a lot of tension headaches, as with Provigil. 150 mg lasted all day at first, now I've had to take a little more. Still, I'd rate it an improvement over Provigil - how much so, time will tell.”

cameronc August 9, 2009

For Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: “This could be an important medicine for those who don't like taking medicines. I have chronic pain, and don't sleep well for a few days, then just coma-sleep because I am so exhausted by about the third day. When I am out driving, I don't like to take much more than ibuprofen until the evening, although the menu for me includes Vicodin, Dilaudid, Skelaxin, etc., as required. Have had 4 surgeries. My pain management doctor and I go round about pain medicines, and I know I wait too long to take it, but I think Nuvigil can be a great once in a while solution for when you wake up exhausted and have to be alert. I experienced no jitters or side effects, but was able to have a normal, productive day. No trouble sleeping and having some choice about my day. Priceless!”

Anonymous August 7, 2009

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Drowsiness: “I had undiagnosed Lyme Disease (and Babesia) for years which created all manner of complications for me. The fatigue is crippling and I can sleep 16 hours on a bad day, 10-12 average. I took Provigil 200mg twice a day and feel a small effect 3 hours after taking it but it would only last a few hours if it was working at all. I tried Nuvigil a few days ago. I know the drug is largely the same with just the delivery system slightly different but it has an enormously different and positive effect on me. It provides much greater relief from fatigue and much sooner (no more waiting 3 hours to see how Provigil will do for me on any given day). Unfortunately, Nuvigil hasn't let me sleep much... only about 3 out of the last 38 hours.”

23/ Female July 16, 2009

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy about a 2 weeks ago and I have been taking Nuvigil for about a week. I have to admit it works. The urges to fall sleep are there but I have a choice now. I still sleep at night. About 7-8 hours, but I still wake up frequently. The only thing is, I get headaches and my mouth is really, really dry. I'm not thirsty, I am hydrated, I drink plenty of water, but I can't shake these two symptoms. So either I enjoy being awake and deal with the side effects, or I quit the medicine, and continue being tired. The first two days on it was great. But after a week, I feel sleep deprived, but I am still awake. I am waiting on a medicine to help me sleep better at night. So I will continue to give Nuvigil a shot.”

Anonymous July 15, 2009

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: “I have been taking Provigil for several years now. I just started Nuvigil today, and it feels much different. It used to be that I took one Provigil and I would be sleepy and have fog head, but two Provigils made me feel wired and nauseous. Today I took one Nuvigil around 10:30 am and have felt even and awake all day long. Hopefully this will last.”

vr_tired July 6, 2009

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: “Got a trial prescription for Nuvigil 150mg tablets, first day was incredible, but after a few days the effectiveness was greatly diminished. Still worked but did not have the same effect as day one. Worried about using it regularly since it is not covered by insurance and without that the cost is outrageous ($330/30 tablets). Does not leave you nervous like Ritalin, and lasts longer than Provigil. Worth trying if your health care plan covers it.”

Anonymous June 15, 2009

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “Idiopathic Hypersomnia - Nuvigil has been available for prescription for two weeks; I have been taking it for five days. 50mg once in the morning. I do not have trouble falling asleep at night, which I did on Provigil. Nuvigil is rather expensive to fill, more than $1 per pill for my copay. It has helped my daytime sleepiness somewhat, but not taken it away completely. I still get strong urges to nap, but they are more resistible. I sleep less at night, more like 7-9 hours than 8-10. The big problem is that Nuvigil appears to be triggering migraines for me. I have chronic migraine syndrome and I usually get one per week, but for the first four days on Nuvigil I got three migraines. I will have to discontinue it if this side effect doesn't stop.”