User Reviews for Armodafinil (Page 12)

Also known as: Nuvigil

Drowsiness 6.0
Summary of Armodafinil reviews 7.1 336 reviews

Reviews for Armodafinil

Anonymous February 4, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Bipolar Disorder: “Third day on this medicine, it's crazy how things are going. I used to wake up and an hour later be exhausted. Barely make it through 2 hours of college and go home and sleep 5 hours until work and sleep right after work. The past couple of days I've been able to stay awake through a movie, stay up for my favorite T.V show, do homework and laundry after school, be more attentive at my job and I don't feel like I'm on speed.”

bizimom February 3, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: “I have sleep apnea and am a home-shcooling mom of 3. Today was my first day taking this medicine and I have made it through the whole day without somehow trying to make time to take a nap. It was actually a very productive day for me! I am so happy to maybe have finally found my miracle. I hope the progress continues and I will write again soon to update the progress. It is 6:30pm and I am still okay. Laundry is going, dishes are done and I am good.”

Tishb January 25, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: “I have been using Nuvigil for 4 days now. I have horrible headaches! My eyes ache and feel like someone is pushing in on them and I want to close them and feel very tired, but not sleepy. I am irritable, but I think that is because I feel so horrible. My Doctor prescribed 150mg and said to cut them in half. I think I will try taking 1/4 of a tablet and see what happens. I am not sure if I can handle much more. I can't focus at work by late afternoon because my head hurts and my eyes are aching. Ibuprofen and Tylenol don't seem to help.”

Shawn G. January 24, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for ADHD: “Having been told over 12 yrs ago that I had ADHD I have tried several medicines. The main one I used is Adderall 30mg twice a day. This has proven very effective. Having tried both Provigil and Nuvigil both I believe Nuvigil to be the better of the two. None of the traditional side effects of speed and Nuvigil is very clean. So much so and I know this sounds goofy but you don't even realize it's working until you shake your head an realize how focused, alert and clear thinking you have been.”

LaurieShay January 21, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Drowsiness: “Significantly improved my quality of life with the only side effect being minor occasional headache.”

Anonymous January 20, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: “It doesn't seem to last all day.”

sleepygurl December 30, 2010

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “My little sister was diagnosed about 2 years ago with Narcolepsy, just recently, so was I. My doctor gave me a sample of Nuvigil for 4 weeks, and a prescription for Aderol. I took Nuvigil and I felt great! However, I took the medicine at about 5:30 am and could not turn my brain off or get to sleep until after 1:30 am. I then took half of the pill to maybe reduce the time it keeps me awake, but nothing happened at all. In reading some of the comments here, it sounds like maybe this medicine will wear off quicker in the future.”

Sleepy Bear December 21, 2010

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “I was diagnosed a Narcoleptic at 11 and have, in the past 54 years, eaten amphetamines...Ritalin, Provigil, Nuvigil, tried GHB therapy...any number of variations of stimulating drugs...ALL with the same result: they all work to a degree...then fail as my body adapts to them; and none, working at its best, would be considered to promote a "normal" pattern of sleep and wakefulness. I'm using Nuvigil at the moment; and, while I know it will ultimately fail, the effect is of relatively transparent action - wakefulness, with occasional moments of connectedness, awareness of an extraordinary degree. I can see why it would be easily abused, or combined with other substances for abuse. Space limitations at this site: I will make another post soon.”

Melancthon November 26, 2010

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Depression: “I have suffered from clinical depression for years. I barely have enough energy to get out of bed. My house is a mess and so am I. My MD put me on 75 mg of Nuvigil and the effects were amazing and instant. The only side effect I had was a mild headache and sleeplessness which both went away after a few days. I am gradually getting more energy and feeling more optimistic. I can see why the Caphalon is investigating this drug for treatment of depression by the FDA. My biggest problem is the cost, as I have no insurance. I can't pay 1/3 of my income each month for a pill. I qualify for the patient assistance program, so will try that. Otherwise I don't know what to do, as the MD has only given me perhaps a month of samples.”

Anonymous November 19, 2010

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: “I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and was prescribed Provigil, insurance denied coverage. Doctor then gave me samples of Nuvigil 150mg. WOW! what a difference, first couple of days a few heart racing minutes but then after that, it was great. Ran out so asked doctor to order at pharmacy, insurance denied again. When I take Nuvigil I can work all day and sleep just fine at night, instead of taking a 3 hour nap after school and then back to bed at 8PM. I have so much energy, I take it at lunch time, this way it won't wear off too soon. I have skipped days to make samples last and there is definitely a difference in my quality of life. Actually I HAVE A LIFE when I take Nuvigil.”

FLAMGIRL November 16, 2010

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “After years of misery; then numerous tests by neurologists and sleep studies I was finally diagnosed with severe sleep apnea and a form of narcolepsy in 2005. I was prescribed Provigil, 200 mg twice a day and given the okay to take another 1/2 tab if necessary. It was a Godsend and changed my life for the better. However, now Doctor wants me to "try" Nuvigil and gave me samples and prescription. It DOES NOT WORK for me but insurance company is demanding I stay on Nuvigil. Provigil will cost $1000 pr/mo! ”

Anonymous October 27, 2010

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “I was diagnosed with Nacolepsy about a year and half ago and started taking Nuvigil. I began with a 150mg dose once a day and the first couple weeks were great. Like some of the other reviews colors were brighter, I was more focused and felt better than I ever remember feeling. After a couple of months on that dose I started to have midday sleeping spells, where I could not keep my eyes open, even when in the middle of complicated work functions. I would literally fall asleep while typing, waking to find the same letter across the page. I spoke to my Doctor and the dose was upped to 250mg once a day. I went throught the same effects as when I first started taking the medication. Again the effects have slowly worn off.”

Fablefan October 26, 2010

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for ADHD: “I went undiagnosed with severe ADHD for 20 years because another problem was complicating the diagnosis. I had been taking various energy drinks in an effort to concentrate. Just a few days ago, I was given a prescription for Nuvigil. Wow. This stuff hit me like a mac truck! It was unlike anything I have ever experienced. For once, I actually had the drive and motivation to organize things and get things done. I immediately proceeded to straighten every single thing in my room, down to the last bits of lint on the carpet. I like the new me. I hope it lasts.”

AnonymousOne October 23, 2010

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: “Nuvigil was a blessing when I started it 18 months ago. I was alert and focused, not depressed, AND retained my creativity! I think I've become dependent upon it since I feel awful without it. This week the doctor wants me to try going to 250mg since I've been a bit down with shorter days and less focused. Due to cardiac conditions, amphetamines are not really a safe option. All said, at age 51, it's been pretty much a wonder drug treating multiple conditions.”

Anonymous October 19, 2010

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Drowsiness: “I've taken Nuvigil for 4 days. Only other medicine I take is Effexor XR for depression. My doctor kept telling the tiredness and fatigue was related to depression and if I could get past that I'd be okay. After trying 3 different anti-depressants and upping the dose of Effexor to more than the manufacturer's suggested dose, I decided to have a sleep study and found I have hypersomnia. First day I took 150mg Nuvigil and couldn't go to sleep until 4am. The next 3 days I've taken half a pill (75mg) and been pretty good alert wise and still able to fall asleep at night. However, this morning I took half a Nuvigil and fell back asleep for 2 hours. Maybe just need time to adjust to best dose for me. Haven't had side effects but feel ready to go go go!”

Kel Hold October 12, 2010

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: “Today was my first day on 150mg of Nuvigil. I took it at 7:00 am and it is now almost 11:00 PM. I am still speeding like crazy. I cannot sleep. Breathing is twice as heavy. It's weird that 15 hours after taking it -- I am still in panic mode. I was very much awake today but, rapid heart beat all day. Threw down a hot dog to try and suppress the speeding. Otherwise my mind went 100 mph. Definitely not sleepy a bit. Would like to eat, but just cannot do it. It feels like I'm on the Movie Speed where the bus has to go so fast. Hopefully tomorrow I will do better. I want to go to sleep so badly. I took 1mg of Xanax and Luvox; no help at all. ”

Scoopman October 2, 2010

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: “Wow, since taking Nuvigil I am able to task busily all day without afternoon nap and general fatigue. It also has increased my adult cardio activity beautifully (if you know what I mean). I was a little jittery the first day and waited a week for 2nd try. Now 4 days into it and awesome. Hope it stays working like this.”

lifestory21 September 30, 2010

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Drowsiness: “I am 24 years old, I was just recently diagnosed with Idiopathic hypersomnia and have no other medical issues. I have been fighting this for as long as my memory will take me. I have been prescribed 150mg of Nuvigil per day. So far it's day 3 and still no side effects, I still don't have the feeling of a wakefulness and energy that everyone else has been talking about. I know it's only been 3 days but I'm anxious to know what it feels like to be awake and not fight anymore. I'm beginning to lose hope already and I want to say I actually feel sleepier but it could just be the rain.”

Anonymous September 22, 2010

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “After looking over the sleep study results my Doctor concluded I have narcolepsy. He has put me on Nuvigil (1x-150mg). I will say, the first 2-3 days felt great. After that, it went and still continues to go down hill. I feel tired and am weak, but my eyes aren't closing like they used to. I kind of wish I would just fall asleep. I have this extreme dull headache that won't subside and dry mouth. I meet with the Doctor next week, hopefully we can change things up.”

Joan VA September 17, 2010

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: “I have now been on Nuvigil since mid July, 2010. My doctor was initially hesitant to prescribe it to me because he was of the opinion that I could just 'will away' my sleep disturbance. I have sleep apnea and shift work sleep disorder. He prescribed this begrudgingly as he figured all I needed was more self control. If that was all I needed, somewhere in the 20 years I was struggling with this, I should have had success. I tolerated his belittling because I needed his help. Starting on DAY 1, I began to tell a real difference with using Nuvigil. To me, it was a miracle medicine. I could finally stay awake in the daytime without feeling sleepy ALL THE TIME. Since starting this, I have had the energy to be highly productive everyday ever since.”

Anonymous September 16, 2010

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “I've been taking 250mg for almost a week. At first I felt a bit euphoric, but that quickly passed. Now I just feel physically anxious- sweating, increased heart rate and blood pressure, heat waves. I'm cutting down to 150mg and hoping that the effects subside as I get used to being on the medicine. If this anxiety does not go away, I cannot continue on the medication.”

ccotton September 13, 2010

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Drowsiness: “My doctor wanted me to try a long acting morphine, taken every 12 hours. I was concerned about the sleepiness issue as I was taking many pain medications. So she also prescribed 250 mg of Nuvigil. Like some of these reviews, it was fine for a while but I started noticing late afternoon sleepiness. I was already on the highest dosage. My doctor said it was okay to take half the tablet with the medications I take on rising in the morning and the other half later in the morning. It's made a wonderful difference in my ability to focus and stay awake during the day and I don't have any problems falling asleep at night. It's greatly improved my quality of life and ability to continue working.”

laura in St paul September 10, 2010

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: “I have chronic fatigue with my MS. I tried Provigil several months ago but it gave me a severe headache and I felt spaced out. Tried Nuvigil just today and felt jittery in the early part of the day and a bit light headed but I think I'll stick with it and see if I get the benefits others describe. I didn't take a nap as usual today and I hope to feel more focused and energetic with my job soon.”

bandit769 September 1, 2010

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “Did not wake me up. The only effect I noticed was grinding of my teeth.”

sleep smurf August 27, 2010

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: “I have been using Nuvigil for one week now. It was working great in the beginning but after around the third day I got extremely tired around 12pm and all I wanted to do was take a nap. I continue to take it thinking that this will change. I only take 150mg, maybe I should ask the doctor to up the dose.”