User Reviews for Armodafinil (Page 11)

Also known as: Nuvigil

Drowsiness 6.0
Summary of Armodafinil reviews 7.1 336 reviews

Reviews for Armodafinil

SuperJames July 27, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “I've known something was wrong with me for several years now, but only recently did I "push the point" and get some face time with a specialist. The pulmonologist put me on a CPAP machine and dismissed my MSLT results, whereas the neurologist paid attention to my MSLT results and diagnosed me with narcolepsy. He put me on 250mg Nuvigil, broken in half, 1 in AM and 1 at noon. The first day it worked *great*, the rest of the first week or two it worked so-so (still had "the nods" at my desk, driving, etc, but usually didn't fall completely asleep), but it really hasn't helped since then. I, too, will "stick it out" for a month.”

Mizellie July 20, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “It was recommended by my doctor that I try Nuvigil because I have a tendency to become sleepy while driving, either short or long distances. I was concerned that the drug may be habit forming but he reassured me that I would not have a problem with it. This medicine appears to be working well with no noticeable side effects thus far, 2 weeks.”

Anonymous July 17, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: “I have struggled significantly with fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome since 2007. I am mid 30s. The CFS is much more debilitating than the fibromyalgia. Nuvigil has been the only treatment making a significant difference. I can now function much more than 3 hours a day. Nuvigil is changing my life.”

Anonymous July 17, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Bipolar Disorder: “I took Nuvigil for the first time and I found myself less tired and more active than ever. I have severe depression and stay tired a lot. For years, I haven't been myself as for being active I was an athlete for half my life and I knew what being in shape felt like, but with aging I fell into depression and bipolar. Still too early to say, but Nuvigil made a positive difference for at least one day of my life.”

MrUbiquitous July 12, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Depression: “I have used Provigil and now am on Nuvigil that helps for various issues. I realized I may have an attention problem when I took Provigil for the first time and scored 10-30 points higher than I ever have on a Vocational Rehab. IQ test. For those of you who are low income, there is a foundation called Cephalon Cares that gives me my medication for free. You have to be under a certain income level but it saves me much money since I do not have insurance either.”

gooshimin July 12, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: “OMG this is a condition that can be medically treated? You got to be kidding me! I have wrestled with this since I was in Grade School. I was called lazy and told I wasn't applYing myself. Even at one of my earliest jobs others laughed at me saying, "I don't nEed a clock to tell me when it is lunch time. I just look or listen for g's workboots, because they don't move or make a sound until noon or lunch time." Hope that makes sense to all. All my days NOW are spent with hours wasted just griping at myself for why I can't get going before noon or 1 pm and why I can hardly sleep before 4 am and all I need is 3 to 4 hours. Day after day I reassert myself to try to get going earlier and go to bed earlier but it is all useless. ”

SugrAddict July 4, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Fibromyalgia: “I suffer from Fibromyalgia along with some sort of sleep problem. My doctor gave me a trial supply of Nuvigil to help keep me awake through the day so that I could get a full nights sleep. Even if I can keep awake all day, I still can only get 3-4 hours of sleep a night...even with sleeping pills. However, I am SO glad my doctor decided to give me Nuvigil. The pain in my legs is GONE! I've had crippling pain in my legs since the onset of my Fibromyalgia (among other places). The more I walk, the worse it gets. To my surprise, after I took my first Nuvigil, the pain in my legs disappeared. What a wonderful surprise. Helps my ADD too. Now I have to beg my doctor for a prescription.”

Anonymous July 2, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: “I have been on Temodar 315 mg for 5 days once a month maximum dose of Avastin every other week for 8 months and will continue 4 more months before going on just Avastin. I had a cancerous brain tumor removed then radiation. All of these treatments cause "profound fatigue," yet no relief for this is covered by insurance. Physically I can function fine except for the fatigue. My condition is not really curable at this point in time, but I want to at least be able to do something with the time I have left, even if it's nothing more than take a walk with my wife. 150 mg daily of Nuvigil has allowed me to do this. Medicare nor supplement cover it. Ritalin shot my blood pressure up to 200/100 and a trip to the ER.”

K_Hansen June 27, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “As a working mom, I literally do not have time to nap during the day. It finally became enough of an annoyance that I saw a doctor for the first time in 7 years. Moral of the story, I was diagnosed with narcolepsy and prescribed Nugivil (250mg). I am not thrilled to be taking a (possibly addictive) medication the rest of my life, but I want to explore my other options (rather than consume 3 energy drinks/day). So far, I have only been on it a week and after the headaches and no sleep wore off, I now get only a short time where I feel like I am ALL there. To say I gave it a fair shot, I am going to stick it out for a month.”

Anonymous June 20, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “I'm surprised by the majority of people's reactions to Nuvigil (though, it's the only medication I've tried so far). Before starting up with the medication I was exhausted to the point of feeling sick most of the time. After starting the medication it's like night and day, I typically feel great. Some days are better than others, and I never feel 100%, but it's the best I've felt in years and it hasn't fluctuated in two months I've been taking it.”

Anonymous June 7, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: “Since starting on Nuvigil, I have yet to take my afternoon nap. I take Nuvigil each afternoon around 12:30 which will last until 9 pm, right when I'm about to hit the bed. Works like a magic. But I still need something to give me extra boost. However, I feel 90% recovery. It also helps with concentration but not much. Does make you feel good.”

carlospolo123 May 24, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Depression: “NUVIGIL works excellent on treating my clinical depression resistant to an antidepressant such as Zoloft. I have never felt so much in control, until I took NUVIGIL.”

carlospolo123 May 24, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for ADHD: “NUVIGIL is so far my best medication for ADD. I have both Asperger's Disorder and Attention Deficit Disorder, but NUVIGIL is mostly for my ADD. NUvigil has 1/10 the potency of amphetamine, suppresses hunger more than how much hunger INVEGA would produce, and helps me concentrate. The pill works very well, without the jitters. It also worked as relief for my depression, while taking an antidepressant.”

Anonymous May 15, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: “I have had chronic fatigue syndrome for over 20 years and it controlled and stole my life. Nuvigil has given it back to me. Prior to Nuvigil, I would collapse at around 1 pm and have to sleep around 2-3 hours, then I would have to go to bed by 9 every night. Now I am living an almost normal life. I don't need naps and go to bed at 9-10pm and find that my mental alertness is greatly increased (i.e. it seems to counteract "figrofog"). Drawbacks are increased blood pressure and insurance won't cover it.”

Jonnywonny May 13, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “Would frequently get tired in the afternoon or after 15 minutes of driving. Nodded off many times driving, sometimes couldn't remember half the drive. Would fall asleep at work in seminars, at my desk, etc. Always had trouble in college staying awake in class, thought other people were just better at staying interested. With Nuvigil, my eyes never get heavy unless I'm really tired. I have much more confidence driving and staying awake at work. Even around family I don't have sleepy spells that make me look disinterested. Amazing stuff with very little side effects. I do often skip a day when I know I won't need it, and I usually feel like a nap after noon. I also take half doses (75mg) and it works almost as well as 150mg.”

Matt G May 11, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “I've been on Nuvigil for about 5 weeks for narcolepsy. I can actually function. I was prescribed the 150mg 1x/day and initially had very bad headaches for the first week or so and was taking ibuprofen to deal with them. My doctor had me cut the pills to take half when I wake and half 3 hrs later and I no longer had the headaches but still had the wakefulness. I do occasionally experience severe dry mouth that no amount of water can fix, but no longer have headaches or any other problems, and am actually awake. I do get urges to nap, on occasion, but they are resistible. Amazing to be able to be AWAKE again!”

KK-Santa Barbara May 7, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for ADHD: “I've tried them all--Adderall, Ritalin, Focalin, etc. Nuvigil is somewhat effective, but I find I can only use it when I'm working alone. Too much people interaction is tough. It lasts so long, which can be good, but sometimes not. Even if I take it at 5:30 a.m., I feel like I can't drink even a 1/2 glass of wine in the evening. Also, sometimes I feel very dizzy in the afternoon when I'm on the drug. I'm only taking 40 mg.”

Anonymous April 27, 2011

For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: “I have Sjrogren's Syndrome which basically has the same symptoms as Lupus. The fatigue was really bad and I did not have a lot of quality time where I felt good. I have been taking some samples of Nuvigil and it has been great! I actually can get through the day and have a little energy when I get home. I hope it continues to work! I had a headache a little the first couple of days, but no side effects since then.”

Sue14904 April 27, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: “It's the best medicine I have ever taken besides my Nexium. I take 250 mg a day, I don't nap or get tired, not really any side effects that I can see. Besides, I'm bipolar, have ADHD and sleep apnea. I love it.”

Anonymous March 26, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: “I have CFS/Fibromyalgia as a result of a TTP episode that almost killed me. Ever since the TTP episode I have never been the same. I had to leave my job that I loved dearly. The Fibromyalgia has destroyed my quality of life as I knew it before my illness. I started seeing a Fibro Specialist who worked with me and came up with the idea to try Provigil to increase my quality of life. That worked great but the problem was the cost and insurance not willing to cover it. So, we decided to try Nuvigil because it was half the cost of the Provigil (over $600 for 30 pills), Nuvigil I could get for about $311.00 for 30 250mg tablets but insurance still won't cover it for my conditions. This gave me my life back to some degree.”

hippogasmo March 21, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “Nuvigil works really well. The effectiveness does slightly wears off after several consecutive days with the dose, but taking a day or two off of the medication has restored effectiveness for me. The only side effect I've experienced in the last month and a half is headaches (infrequently, at that). Be wary of mixing caffeine with Nuvigil. In my case, caffeine increases palpitation-like symptoms, increases jitteriness, and has even provoked hallucinations more than once.”

Anonymous February 24, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “About 6 years ago I was diagnosed with narcolepsy and sleep apnea. I started taking Provigill 100mg once per day. Then 200 mg once per day. Then my Doctor tried me on Concerta, it had a quick peak of energy but it didn't last at all; plus since it is a controlled substance it was harder to get. We had to go to the Doctor in person every month to get a prescription unlike other medicines that allowed pharmacy refills. My Doctor switched me back to Provigil 200 mg twice a day. This amount actually worked but most insurance plans only allow 1 200mg per day. After Nuvigil came out my Doctor switched me due to insurance company wanting to save money. Nuvigil 350 mg 1 per day does not work for me. I have a low 4hrs after I took it. ”

jlgnlilmia February 24, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil): “This is my first day taking Nuvigil 200mg. I felt jittery for the first 4 hours after taking it. Got a pretty severe headache around that 4 hour mark. Took some tylenol which relieved the headache and I felt great the rest of the day. Worked a 10 hour shift in a physically demanding job and I still was able to come home and stay up a few hours before going to sleep. I will keep posting my continued experience with this medication. It really helped me out to get on here and see what I could expect with this medication. Thanks to everyone. Oh yeah I take this medication to help with the fatigue caused by MS. I was taking amantadine. Which kept me awake but didn't help my body from feeling completely exhausted.”

CFS/ POTS February 17, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: “My nervous system is extremely sensitive to this medicine. However I take a fourth of a 150mg tablet every 5 hrs or so. This keeps my nervous system in check and my POTS symptoms subside. Sometimes it gives me cold hands and feet and anxiety however it is worth that compared to the brain fog with POTS.”

Joe American February 17, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil): “Ritalin until highschool.. In high school Adderal ; then, dexadrine- college. The chemical d-amphetimine (less hard on your body) in those two drugs helps adhd sufferers and keeps me less angry.. D-amphetimine=calm and focused for ADHD suffers. In theory D-methyl-amphetamine would be the best for ADHD with less side affects. The Dr. gave me 4 sample packs a month of 150mg nuvigil once a day. So far, it's the best ADHD medicine I have ever taken because less side affects and it lasts all day ! It increases male sex drive and stamina and hardness 100% All the other ADHD meds hurt my sex life-but nuvigil is a sexual wonder pill. ADHD often causes pre-mature ejaculation and less hardness but with Nuvigil I am sexually functioning correctly. A+”