User Reviews for Armodafinil (Page 10)

Also known as: Nuvigil

Drowsiness 6.0
Summary of Armodafinil reviews 7.1 336 reviews

Reviews for Armodafinil

Anonymous November 21, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “I have been taking Nuvigil for a little over a month now. At first I took 150mg. It worked for 3 days and then I went back to being exhausted. My doctor bumped the dosage to 250mg and it has been working a lot better. Thing is I can still feel episodes of sleepiness coming on later in the afternoon and have been adding caffeine but I think its bringing on the side effects like jitteryness, nausea, fogginess, extreme dry mouth and an uncomfortable feeling in my jaw and the back of my neck. I do not like the side effects and I am now trying to cut back on the caffiene hoping it will help. Going to add Xyrem to my treatment to see if it will fix me.”

Leslie_R November 20, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: “Have been taking Provigil for several years, after a head injury, to help with fatigue and focus. Lost my job, and no health insurance, so decided to try a 14-day free sample of Nuvigil while waiting for prescription assistance. Was taking 100mg Provigil 1-2 times a day and it helped a lot when I needed it (I went through phases of taking and then not taking it as needed). On Nuvigil, I was severely manic yesterday (2nd day at 150mg) to the point where my friends were concerned about me. Felt jittery, and my friends said it looked like I was high. Felt a little like the couple of days when my doctor tried me on Adderal. I think I will wait until I get the Provigil approved. ”

JennyLynn4eva November 14, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Depression: “I started taking 150mg of Nuvigil with my Staterra. My doctor wanted to wait and see if the Nuvigil worked before discounting Stratterra. Well the first 4 days of Nuvigil at 150mg worked well my doctor decided to up it to 250 mg and now it no longer works at all and in fact I feel very nauseous after I take it. I am so very disappointed!”

Jake in LA November 9, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: “Wow, I feel normal again. I had been living on 5 hours of sleep due to sleep apnea fears for years. I got tested and was given a CPAP machine. I felt great for about a month, then tired. I started sleeping 9 hours a day and drinking tons of coffee and soft drinks. Nothing helped. I went to my regular MD and all blood work was good. Was told to start working out. Problem was I was too tired. I went back to sleep. MD gave me Nuvigil. Like I said WOW. I did have a few rough days when I started talking the 250mg pills, but it was nice to stay awake and have a life. Side effects (headaches and dry mouth) are going away.”

Anonymous November 7, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: “In my opinion, there are a lot of pros and cons for this medication. I took it for a while with no ill effect, but something must have changed, and it made me feel extremely ill (dizziness, heart palpitations, nausea, headache.) I stopped taking it because of this and definitely noticed a difference. I think that taking a half a pill every few hours has eliminated my problems with the medication and works to keep me awake and focused for longer.”

Anonymous November 7, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Depression: “This medicine is the only one to help me in my depression.”

Anonymous November 3, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “Still taking 2-3 naps during the day on it!”

Anonymous October 29, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: “Nuvigil works so well that I am now able to function in most aspects of my day. Before Nuvigil, I was hardly able to perform activities of daily living. Now, I am able to do grocery shopping, run errands, etc. I am much, much more alert. I had tried Ritalin before Nuvigil and Ritalin made me a nervous wreck whereas Nuvigil is easy and without the shaking. The cost of Nuvigil is outrageous. ”

Mlbro October 25, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “I was diagnosed with narcolepsy several years ago, but probably suffered from it for 12 years or so. I never stayed awake in classes. Once I started full time work, I had to get it under control. I used Provigil for a while first, but it was harsh: came on strong, I felt buggy, severe migraines, and I crashed hard after about 8 hours. I switched to Nuvigil (150mg) though it's more dollars was told it had a slower release which may help with the migraines and bugginess. I like the Nuvigil a lot better. It comes on a little more gently, I crash less at the end of the day. I do self-moderate, often don't take it on the weekends, I'll only take a half pill some days. ”

Anonymous October 20, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “I was diagnosed by a sleep specialist a month ago with narcolepsy. I started with 150mg dose but saw no improvement with wakefulness or ability to sleep, which was my main concern. After discussion I was put onto a 250mg dose which as of yet still hasn't anything. ”

Fibropain October 19, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Fibromyalgia: “Just as the previous person commented....I happened upon Nuvigil/Provigil while being treated for the ugly side effects of Fibromyalgia...such as sleep disorders, PAIN all over (in my muscles), and an overall sense of fatigue - every day. My Nuvigil ACTUALLY makes me WANT to move. And, any Fibromyalgia patient would know that it is crucial for us to maintain some sort of movement everyday, even exercise if we can. I think this is one of those medicines that were proposed (and approved) through the FDA for one primary condition. However, with time we find more uses for the medication that it may work even better on other conditions. If it weren't for my Doctor - I would not have found this amazing option for my condition.”

Djm0315 October 14, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for ADHD: “Very effective. Eliminates the anxiety associated with ADHD. Able to process and function. None of the jittery side effects that I had with Adderall, Straterra or Concerta. It was the smoothest thing I ever took. The only two knocks is that the medicine is off labeled and will not be covered by my insurance. Out of pocket can be $3-$400 a month? I can't cover that, so my joy will be short lived. ”

Anonymous RN October 10, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: “I have a very rare autoimmune neuromuscular disorder that causes many symptoms, including weakness. I find that taking Nuvigil 150mg daily helps me with having a little bit of more energy and also improves my mood. My cravings for carbs has decreased, which is good as I now eat foods that are better for me. Luckily, my insurance has paid for it.”

jessy4187 September 28, 2011

For Narcolepsy: “I have been taking Nuvigil since I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy 10 months ago and I finally feel like myself, I was barely functional without it. When I first started I had some trouble with side effects; sleeplessness, anxiety, and jitters. What worked for me was starting at a much lower dose and working my way up to the dosage I needed. I do several things that I think also help me get the most of Nuvigil. 1) I take may medicine at the same time every single morning, even on weekends, 2) I drink a lot of water, if I'm dehydrated at all my heart rate goes up, and 3) I take CoQ10 and B12 (both recommended by my neurologist) these completely got rid of the anxiety problems I was having. It took sometime to really figure out but 100% worth it.”

EchoThat September 26, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “Nuvigil worked great at 150 mg for a few months, then I needed to supplement with a quart of coffee in the mornings to keep me going until 1 pm. Bumped up to 225 mg. Not much better. Very expensive, $90 per month ($3 per pill). Aggressiveness, headaches, and thirst until I got used to it. No side effects now.”

mandiferus September 1, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Drowsiness: “Nuvigil was not for me. I felt very drugged and groggy. Dry mouth and eyes. I also found myself staring into space a lot and my skin was tingly. I felt way more tired than I did before I took Nuvigil. I didn't dare drive while taking this medication. I switched back to Concerta at a higher dose than I was taking before and it is working very well for me. I feel completely normal.”

W-guest August 26, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Depression: “My psychiatrist initially prescribed Nuvigil to enable me to be alert and awake during the day. I suffer from bad insomnia and I'm being treated for major depressive disorder and post traumatic stress disorder. I'd taken Provigil in the past and it seemed to help with depression. Yesterday I overslept and decided not to take my Provigil fearing it would keep me awake even longer than usual. That was a huge mistake, I became horribly, morbidly, depressed. I didn't make that mistake this morning, I took my Nuvigil as usual and my (worse than usual) depression is gone. I haven't experienced any side effects but I wish Nuvigil would enable me to lose weight like it does many people. I was on Abilify for a few months and gained several lbs.”

Female, 22 August 24, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “I was diagnosed with narcolepsy a little over a year ago. As I was just about to start my senior year of college, I knew I needed to start a medication in order to get through classes and homework so I started on Nuvigil 150mg. I immediately noticed a huge difference in my quality of life. I had forgotten what it was like to be focused and alert throughout the day and would suddenly realize it was 9pm and I was totally exhausted. However, side effects started to take over the benefits for me and I started to experience problems with jitters, a sort of lingering morning sickness feeling, and anxiety. I stopped taking it due to these side effects, but sometimes now I feel the exhaustion is worse than dealing with the side effects.”

Anonymous August 22, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Drowsiness: “I began taking Nuvigil for Idiopathic Hypersomnia about two weeks ago. I have found it works well. I like that I don't get that "speed" effect. I still feel like I could take a nap during the day, I just don't have as strong of a desire to. I think I am developing a tolerance for it, though. The main problem that I have with this medication though is that after being on it about a week and a half I noticed that I had some spotting. I have been on my birth control for over a year and that has NEVER happened. ”

FARADAY August 16, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: “"This is the best medicine I've taken in 20 years." These are the words I told my doctor after taking Nuvigil. I had major depression, major allergy, irritable bowel syndrome and sleep apnea. You name the medicine, I took it, and it didn't work. So I didn't think this would either. I took one 150 mg in the morning and it gave me a headache but notice it stopped my IBS all day. So, I cut it in half the next day and it worked wonderfully for all my symptoms. It also helped my sex drive big time! Which was totally unexpected. It's the only medicine I need/take but it's expensive. ”

mdd123 August 15, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Depression: “Started at 150 mg, took half a day and felt like a new person - it changed my life. Quickly found I need to take the full tablet to get the same effect. Three months ago doctor increased to 250 mg, take full tablet but the effect only lasts 3-4 hours. Your body becomes immune and needs more and more. And now I "crash" early afternoon and become very depressed. Took appetite away, lost 20 lbs in little over a year.”

Jats August 13, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “I have been taking 250 mg of Nuvigil every morning for a year. I could not stay awake at all before starting this medication. After taking Nuvigil I felt much better. I have had a lot going on lately and stress does affect how this medication works for me. If my sleep pattern is disturbed (have to get up extra early or go to bed really late) it also has a huge impact on how this medication works for me. Overall this medicine has given my quality of life back. ”

Anonymous August 10, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: “I'm a firefighter/paramedic and I've been on Nuvigil for about 4 days now and I love it. I have never been a fan of taking medications but when between working 24 hour shifts, school full time and my 3 year old daughter I found myself exhausted all the time. I started drinking energy drinks and they worked but after awhile they got expensive so I started taking caffeine pills. After awhile my body needed the caffeine everyday but I didn't necessarily need it every day which I didn't like. I also didn't like my heart racing with the caffeine. Since starting Nuvigil I haven't had caffeine at all and I didn't have much of a withdrawal phase. It has had all the positive effects for me like a stimulant with none of the negative.”

StuDoc August 9, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Drowsiness: “Keeps me awake somewhat, but gives me terribly terrible headaches.”

nursedeborah August 7, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: “Well I can't say enough about finally finding a doctor with enough compassion to even give this medicine to me. I had this disorder for over 3 years before I even was diagnosed. I had to finally demand a sleep study from my primary care as he always discounts everything I say to him. When I got the results back, we went over it, and I saw I stopped breathing 140 times per hour, I was livid. I had been on lyrica as well, and that too made me very sleepy, so I was falling asleep no matter where I was, driving, sitting in a public place, and especially at home. Then I found her, and told her what was happening, what my new diagnosis was and she just wrote out this prescription without question at all. It has given me a new life, and I don't sleep all the time”