User Reviews for Abilify (Page 10)

Learn more about Abilify.

Autism 16 reviews 7 medications

6.1
Major Depressive Disorder 40 reviews 46 medications

Summary of Abilify reviews 494 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Abilify

For Depression "I'm 32 and have been diagnosed with depression since I was about 21. I know that I was depressed way before then but, did not have the diagnosis nor knew what depression was. I was on Celexa 40mg and lithium 600mg for about 4 years. I was functional but, there was a dimension of life that I knew was missing. I did not have a taste for life. A few weeks ago, I had another major depression episode and found myself bed bound. Could not get out of bed. Would sleep for hours on end; I no longer counted days. My trichotillomania had returned with a vengeance and it brought a binge eating disorder to boot. Psychiatrist prescribed Abilify. It has been 4 days since I have taken my first dose (2mg) and I already feel like I am healed. I smiled."

Bimini Kricket (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2013

190 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I am currently on a number of medications (Effexor, Lexapro, Klonopin, Clomipramine) for my obsessive compulsive disorder and my psychiatrist recently added Abilify. I feel like a cloud has been lifted. While I still have OCD thoughts, they no longer "stick" in my brain. They just seem to easily flow in and out. I feel like it is my miracle pill. I feel like this , at 2 mg, has given me the ability to prevent my OCD from controlling me."

peregrine September 7, 2013

For Depression "Worked great but after being on it for 5 years or so I got the side effect of twitching, feet would not stop twitching, moving on their own. I asked my doctor to please take me off."

tweetster September 2, 2013

For Depression "I was prescribed 5mg of Abilify as a 'booster' to the Wellbutrin 200mg I have been taking for over 5 years. The combination is great! I felt like myself in only a few days and it has continued to be effective over the past 18 months that I've been on the combination. I would highly recommend talking to your doctor about this, it has changed my life!"

Boston617 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 28, 2013

155 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I started 20 MG of Prozac over a year ago and it has since been increased to 60 MG a day. I addition to that I started BuSpar 5 MG about 6 months ago and that also has been increased to 15 MG a day. Even between the two, I still didn't feel like myself again, then I started 5 MG of Abilify a month ago. It has been a blessing. I am doing this now, and becoming less introverted, and I get great satisfaction over small things like simple conversations with friends and family. As it was originally difficult for me to be okay with admitting I was depressed to begin with, I was a little hesitant to take a medicine originally prescribed to those with schizophrenia. Now I am proud to say that I take it, because now I have my life back."

AustinWyatt August 25, 2013

147 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I feel really good using this medicine for bipolar and depression."

tabby cat August 23, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "Abilify was fine at first, but it slowly increased my anxiety to the point where I felt like I was stuck in one long, never ending panic attack. I stopped Abilify two days ago and feel so much better."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2013

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I am thirty three and I have schizoaffective disorder. Ability gave me the energy to make it through the day and run after two kids. It's the best medicine I've ever been on. No side effects. Stopped drinking and pills. Doing much better."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 20, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "I started taking and was fine for a few weeks. Then I started gaining weight slowly. Before I knew it I had gained 40 pounds in 6 months. "

mona lucynski August 13, 2013

For Depression "For the past 20 years I have been on antidepressants, longest being Remeron. Along with the depression I have had periods of intense anxiety, unbelievably intense, to the extent that I could not stand to be here. In December of 2011 I was in the throws of anxiety and my psych doc suggested 2mg Abilify (in addition to the Remeron). My anxiety was GONE in a day and it has stayed GONE, My depression is gone as well, My pharmacist has told me that others have had a similar experience and are as amazed as I am. I can't say enough about this medicine, amazing, just amazing."

Abilify believer (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 8, 2013

154 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I found out I was bipolar about a month ago. The first pill my PCP gave me was Abilify. Starting on 2mg for the first 2 weeks. I didn't notice anything until maybe the third day. However the rest of that week and the following I have been on a roller coaster. I just started taking 5mg of Abilify and I notice the next day. I had the feeling of being normal again. Only side effect I've notice was when I was depressed I was depressed. Since upping the dose I feel way better."

Juan doe (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2013

For Schizophrenia "My now 23 yr old son has been on Abilify since may 2012. Initially on Clozapine but way too zonked. His history is recreational cannabis use caused a psychotic break. Not smoking now or intending to. Hospitalized and medicated. They were surprised and pleased at how quickly he regained his self awareness, home in 2 weeks but recommended at least 6 months meds to forestall relapse. He feels very detached from us and himself, on 10 mgs still. He is nervous of relapse especially since told one of the symptoms of a recurrence would be inability to sleep. Meds reduced in December. "

mom.ie July 27, 2013

For Depression "After 7 weeks on Lexapro & seeing no change at all in depression or anxiety, my primary care doc switched me to Abilify (only). I was on Abilify previously with Remeron and did well. I was told by doc on Friday 7/19 that I should start feeling better by Monday & he was right! I feel almost like myself again. Wake up a few times during the night, but am able to go right back to sleep. Still have some anxiety in the mornings (it used to be debilitating and would have to take 1mg of Ativan to calm down). This morning I only had to take 0.5 of the Ativan, so I think this is really working good. I also just got a new small dog on Sunday, which I'm sure helps also with the depression/anxiety but the change is so great I had to share."

jen62 (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2013

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I have been taking different depression medicines for over 20 yrs. Been taking Celexa for the past 4, but even with an increase, I noticed no difference. I didn't realize that depression was causing me to sleep constantly. I could barely function due to my fatigue. I'm a homemaker that could barely get through one little chore a day. After starting 5mg of Abilify, I am a new person! No more naps, rested in the morning, & getting a lot accomplished every day. I am so relieved, & feel so much energy! My appetite has increased, so I hope this is a temporary side effect. Sometimes I feel like I can't sit still either, so I may cut back on the dosage. I've got my life back, & so hope this medicine can help others that are suffering!"

CMH67 (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2013

137 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "This medicine has been a game changer for me. I stopped stress eating and lost weight, my mood stabilized and I have been incredibly productive and achieved great things on it. It does wonders for my anxiety. I have been on it for a year and could not be happier with the product. It is expensive but WORTH it! Highly recommend."

AAB July 19, 2013

For Agitated State "Started taking Abilify for anxiety about five years ago, when nothing else worked. In about half an hour I could feel the change in me. So much calmer! The only problem is extreme fatigue. Sleep 10 hours a day with naps. Taking 2.5 mg."

Haightguy (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 11, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "This is what I've always needed. My mood is lifted, I have energy I never had before, I don't feel sad and helpless anymore, my anxiety has lessened and I'm easier to get along with. This may just save my failing marriage. I was afraid of all the side effect warnings but I only experienced mild nausea for about a week, and for the first few days I woke up intermittently during the night, but could easily fall asleep again almost immediately. Feeling so much better!"

Bunkswife July 11, 2013

For Depression "For the past three months I experienced severe anxiety and depression likely due to intense work stress. Feelings and dread and doom were constant and overwhelming. I had a similar episode about 15 years ago and a GP prescribed Luvox. Within weeks, I felt normal and alive. I've been on it ever since. I finally decided to see a psychiatrist. Well, after an hour meeting and 7 pages of notes, she diagnosed me with severe obsessive compulsive disorder and depression and added a small dose of Abilify. The change was immediate and remarkable. The anxiety is greatly reduced. The depression seems gone. The racing thoughts, while not gone, are reduced. I have energy, however, I constantly feel hungry. I hope it continues."

anonymous153 July 8, 2013

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I have only been taking Abilify (along with my Prozac) for 2 days. So far I have had many ups and downs. I wake up feeling shaky and out of sorts. I have trouble breathing and black out a lot. (I black out anyways, but it has increased). Then I go through a period of anxiety and sweating. A little while later I go through severe nausea and then extreme fatigue. Between each phase I feel pretty great, but it's short lived. I'm going to give it more time, but that's the initial reaction for me."

AlieC (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "I've used several bipolar medications. This has the least side effects."

stuckonperc (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 3, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "Got put on 15mg of Abilify in the hospital and it has been the best antipsychotic I've taken! My anxiety is pretty much gone and there was a big difference in my mood swings."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 30, 2013

For Schizophrenia "I used to hear bad voices in my head,and thought the government was watching me, had evil thoughts in my head while hearing voices. My doctor prescribed me Abilify,and within 2 days all the voices went away, as long as I take it, the voices are not there. What a miracle it has been for me."

jjplumber (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 25, 2013

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "It works well for me."

Anonymous June 23, 2013

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Works for me!"

Under Control (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 17, 2013

For Depression "I have been dealing with a bout of clinical depression since roughly November 2012. It followed a surgery gone wrong, which messed me up physically & mentally. I ended up admitting myself to a psych hospital where spent 9 days. They upped my Zoloft from 50 mg to 100 mg and did nothing else. I left there feeling just as bad as when I was admitted. Upon seeing me following my hospitalization, my psychiatrist recommended Abilify 2 mg as an add-on. He indicated that he'd been very impressed with the quick response a number of his extremely depressed patients had adding on Abilify. I started taking 2 mg two weeks ago. I cannot believe how good I feel after about 7 months of Major Depression. Must try if you take an SSRI!"

TJE (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2013

128 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 ...8 9 10 11 12 ...Next