User Reviews for Abilify (Page 10)

Learn more about Abilify.

Autism 16 reviews 7 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 43 reviews 46 medications

5.8
Summary of Abilify reviews 503 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Abilify

For Bipolar Disorder "I feel the Abilify working on my depression. I am singing and happier then I have been in a while. I was taking Invega before and that did not help me at all. I am diagnosed with Bipolar 1. This medicine has lessened my mania but has not vanished it completely. I do not see any side effects with this medicine!"

samnm November 17, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "Today is my first day taking the medication and within two hours I am ready to pass out. I feel so sleepy and its not really "regulating" my moods. In fact, I'm more aggravated than usual and going off on everybody. I also feel slightly nauseous and dizzy."

samanthamora09 November 15, 2013

For Depression "i have been depressed most my life, it runs rampant in my family, i really dont have much to be depressed about, i have a good life, i have some bumps, been taking "SERTRALINE 200MG/DAILY", FOREVER, I WAS STUCK, THERE WERE days i would stare out my window for 8 hours doing nothing, zero energy, zero interest in anything, had to force myself to do things, thought some of this was due to being menopausal, but the doc gave me abilify, started with2mg, about 2 weeks later i felt something but not enough, went to 4mg a day with my depression pills, im telling u in one week,, someone turn the lite on, amazing, energy, interests everything, but the cost is unabtainable, no insurance been getting free samples, 1400$/month. help, i cant go off thes"

MS.ENERGY November 12, 2013

143 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Feeling better in 15 days or so..along with Paxil."

PatientNo1 (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2013

For Depression "I took it for a few months and felt like a zombie. I've been dealing with stress and for some lame ass reasons, a health care shrink diagnosed me as bi-polar. All who know me would say that's a load of crock. Hydrocodone/Vicadon/Vallum works well with me, but no Dr.s want to perscribe it to me. They are afraid I will abuse it. I've never abused any medication, nicotine, alcholol etc. in all my 56 years on this planet. I just know what I need/want/enjoy for the time I need it. It won't fix my problems, but It certainly helps "me" fix my problems. Lately, I've been getting Vicodon off the street. I take one a day. (7.5 mg) ...occasionally two. I am more positive and one by one am getting those pesky stressful situations out of my life."

Charles Bruno November 5, 2013

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I have been on Abilify for about 14 years and I have found it to be very beneficial. I suffered from verbal and visual hallucinations. Thanks to Abilify I have been symptom free for a number of year. Thank God."

Yoda1977 (taken for 10 years or more) October 29, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "I was diagnosed as bipolar type II and my nurse practitioner in WA prescribed me abilify and I gained 30lb within a month of taking it. I blew up like a balloon and he said he doesn't have that side effect. I looked online and it says that it clearly does. He said to take it a few more weeks and see how I did. I gained ten more pounds and my mother insisted I stop taking it. I went from 148 to 188lb. It may have started helped with my symptoms but I was to concerned about my weight gain so he finally put me on Topamax."

queen bee22 October 24, 2013

For Depression "Been taking Abilify for 6 years or so and it worked great along with prozac. I quit the prozac about 4 months ago and have felt great just taking Abilify, BUT now I,m having side affects; muscle aches in my left arm and right leg, having a hard time walking."

Joycer10 October 23, 2013

For Schizophrenia "Abilify has improved my negative and cognitive symptoms on dose of 25 mg after 3 weeks being on it."

Sami kk October 10, 2013

For Depression "I'm 32 and have been diagnosed with depression since I was about 21. I know that I was depressed way before then but, did not have the diagnosis nor knew what depression was. I was on Celexa 40mg and lithium 600mg for about 4 years. I was functional but, there was a dimension of life that I knew was missing. I did not have a taste for life. A few weeks ago, I had another major depression episode and found myself bed bound. Could not get out of bed. Would sleep for hours on end; I no longer counted days. My trichotillomania had returned with a vengeance and it brought a binge eating disorder to boot. Psychiatrist prescribed Abilify. It has been 4 days since I have taken my first dose (2mg) and I already feel like I am healed. I smiled."

Bimini Kricket (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2013

192 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I am currently on a number of medications (Effexor, Lexapro, Klonopin, Clomipramine) for my obsessive compulsive disorder and my psychiatrist recently added Abilify. I feel like a cloud has been lifted. While I still have OCD thoughts, they no longer "stick" in my brain. They just seem to easily flow in and out. I feel like it is my miracle pill. I feel like this , at 2 mg, has given me the ability to prevent my OCD from controlling me."

peregrine September 7, 2013

For Depression "Worked great but after being on it for 5 years or so I got the side effect of twitching, feet would not stop twitching, moving on their own. I asked my doctor to please take me off."

tweetster September 2, 2013

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I was prescribed 5mg of Abilify as a 'booster' to the Wellbutrin 200mg I have been taking for over 5 years. The combination is great! I felt like myself in only a few days and it has continued to be effective over the past 18 months that I've been on the combination. I would highly recommend talking to your doctor about this, it has changed my life!"

Boston617 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 28, 2013

156 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I started 20 MG of Prozac over a year ago and it has since been increased to 60 MG a day. I addition to that I started BuSpar 5 MG about 6 months ago and that also has been increased to 15 MG a day. Even between the two, I still didn't feel like myself again, then I started 5 MG of Abilify a month ago. It has been a blessing. I am doing this now, and becoming less introverted, and I get great satisfaction over small things like simple conversations with friends and family. As it was originally difficult for me to be okay with admitting I was depressed to begin with, I was a little hesitant to take a medicine originally prescribed to those with schizophrenia. Now I am proud to say that I take it, because now I have my life back."

AustinWyatt August 25, 2013

149 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I feel really good using this medicine for bipolar and depression."

tabby cat August 23, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "Abilify was fine at first, but it slowly increased my anxiety to the point where I felt like I was stuck in one long, never ending panic attack. I stopped Abilify two days ago and feel so much better."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2013

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I am thirty three and I have schizoaffective disorder. Ability gave me the energy to make it through the day and run after two kids. It's the best medicine I've ever been on. No side effects. Stopped drinking and pills. Doing much better."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 20, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "I started taking and was fine for a few weeks. Then I started gaining weight slowly. Before I knew it I had gained 40 pounds in 6 months. "

mona lucynski August 13, 2013

For Depression "For the past 20 years I have been on antidepressants, longest being Remeron. Along with the depression I have had periods of intense anxiety, unbelievably intense, to the extent that I could not stand to be here. In December of 2011 I was in the throws of anxiety and my psych doc suggested 2mg Abilify (in addition to the Remeron). My anxiety was GONE in a day and it has stayed GONE, My depression is gone as well, My pharmacist has told me that others have had a similar experience and are as amazed as I am. I can't say enough about this medicine, amazing, just amazing."

Abilify believer (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 8, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "I found out I was bipolar about a month ago. The first pill my PCP gave me was Abilify. Starting on 2mg for the first 2 weeks. I didn't notice anything until maybe the third day. However the rest of that week and the following I have been on a roller coaster. I just started taking 5mg of Abilify and I notice the next day. I had the feeling of being normal again. Only side effect I've notice was when I was depressed I was depressed. Since upping the dose I feel way better."

Juan doe (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2013

For Schizophrenia "My now 23 yr old son has been on Abilify since may 2012. Initially on Clozapine but way too zonked. His history is recreational cannabis use caused a psychotic break. Not smoking now or intending to. Hospitalized and medicated. They were surprised and pleased at how quickly he regained his self awareness, home in 2 weeks but recommended at least 6 months meds to forestall relapse. He feels very detached from us and himself, on 10 mgs still. He is nervous of relapse especially since told one of the symptoms of a recurrence would be inability to sleep. Meds reduced in December. "

mom.ie July 27, 2013

For Depression "After 7 weeks on Lexapro & seeing no change at all in depression or anxiety, my primary care doc switched me to Abilify (only). I was on Abilify previously with Remeron and did well. I was told by doc on Friday 7/19 that I should start feeling better by Monday & he was right! I feel almost like myself again. Wake up a few times during the night, but am able to go right back to sleep. Still have some anxiety in the mornings (it used to be debilitating and would have to take 1mg of Ativan to calm down). This morning I only had to take 0.5 of the Ativan, so I think this is really working good. I also just got a new small dog on Sunday, which I'm sure helps also with the depression/anxiety but the change is so great I had to share."

jen62 (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2013

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I have been taking different depression medicines for over 20 yrs. Been taking Celexa for the past 4, but even with an increase, I noticed no difference. I didn't realize that depression was causing me to sleep constantly. I could barely function due to my fatigue. I'm a homemaker that could barely get through one little chore a day. After starting 5mg of Abilify, I am a new person! No more naps, rested in the morning, & getting a lot accomplished every day. I am so relieved, & feel so much energy! My appetite has increased, so I hope this is a temporary side effect. Sometimes I feel like I can't sit still either, so I may cut back on the dosage. I've got my life back, & so hope this medicine can help others that are suffering!"

CMH67 (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2013

139 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "This medicine has been a game changer for me. I stopped stress eating and lost weight, my mood stabilized and I have been incredibly productive and achieved great things on it. It does wonders for my anxiety. I have been on it for a year and could not be happier with the product. It is expensive but WORTH it! Highly recommend."

AAB July 19, 2013

For Agitated State "Started taking Abilify for anxiety about five years ago, when nothing else worked. In about half an hour I could feel the change in me. So much calmer! The only problem is extreme fatigue. Sleep 10 hours a day with naps. Taking 2.5 mg."

Haightguy (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 11, 2013