User Reviews for Amphetamine / dextroamphetamine

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR

Learn more about Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine.

ADHD 428 reviews 36 medications

8.3
Fatigue 26 reviews 0 medications

8.5
Narcolepsy 47 reviews 15 medications

8.9
Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 501 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I am 51, and have been on Adderall for 15 years. I take 20mg twice a day. It helps me concentrate, and stay focused. I skip taking it for one day every week, this helps me see where the Adderall helps in my life, and was suggested by my doctor to help my body not build a tolerance to Adderall. At this time I personally don't believe Adderall is "addicting", when taken properly. While on vacation, I went a week without it, and never felt any withdrawal's​ from the Adderall. I keep my Adderall, and other med's in a metal lock box, that locks onto a shelf in my fridge, because people do abuse Adderall."

TiffieD (taken for 10 years or more) April 22, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have been taking 2- 10mg IR tablets each day for about a month. I have noticed a significant difference at how well I perform at school since I've been on adderall. I have many honors and AP classes, which always have a big work load. Each day I had to struggle with my ADD and having to look over the material numerous times. I am now able to focus and have confidence in my classes. Usually I am the last person taking a test and now I am one of the first people done because I am finally able to focus. Negatives- as adderall wears off I feel anti-social, weak, agitated, and slightly depressed the positives definitely out weigh the negatives ADD is hard to deal with and finally being able to focus means so much to me"

Sammie2017 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD: "This pill marked R351 amphetamines/dextroamphetamine doesn't have much effectiveness if any. I'm prescribed 2-20mg a day. This brand doesn't last very long maybe 1-2 hr per 1-20mg."

Gem524 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 17, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD: "I have been on this medication for almost 11 years I believe that the capsule time released at least for me work a lot better because of the longevity as well as impact. The instant release a great but for me I have a past history with drug abuse in the instant release seems to give a high effect for about an hour and then you come down as well as you don't feel the effects of the medication working properly. Again I can only speak for myself but the time released helps to keep me at an even keel and I stay level for the whole day through no highs and lows."

Hustlaa44 April 4, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia over two years ago, have been struggling with it for about 7. Recently went to a psychiatrist because my pain doctor and pcp suggested it because of me complaining about concentration and fatigue issues. I have only been on this a short time but so far it's been A LIFE SAVER. I was started on a low dose of course just 10mg once a day IR. I could easily take 3 of these a day. My pain doctor recently put me on the lowest dose of a butrans patch and it's made a huge difference but my energy was still gone and I still struggled (I only worked on average 20 hours a week because doing much more has been too hard and I have an easy job in an office ). This adderall may save my life I'd write more but it won't let me"

LaLaurie (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD: "I recently was diagnosed with ADHD and was started on 20 mg. The first day I took it I felt great! I was energized and motivated. I did have trouble sleeping but that ended after the first week. I will warn you about the side effects because those hit me pretty hard. I had headaches daily, fast heart rate, dizziness, and blurry vision. That lasted about 2 weeks and eventually passed although I still had the fast heart rate. It decreased my appetite because I was no longer snacking and was getting full a lot faster. After about 3 weeks I noticed that the "good feeling" was gone and I felt a crash throughout the day like I had no energy. My doctor just prescribed me 30mg and I'm on day 3."

be careful of side effects (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I take one a day. It helps me concentrate, and also helps me feel ambitious and less depressed. But when it wears off in the evening, I start feeling sad and easily agitated. I can take up to 2 a day, but I usually only take one, because I don't want it to cause any heart problems."

Pickle8696 March 24, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD: "I have been taking Adderall for 5 years in total now, and about a year and a half consistently through a prescription. My prescription, initially, was for 20 mg of Adderall IR twice a day, but after 3 months I had my dosage upped to 30 mg of Adderall IR twice a day. Ever since the first day I took a 20 mg Adderall XR, I knew I needed it to be productive and successful during my everyday life. Prior to being introduced to Adderall, I was kicked out of college for not maintaining a certain GPA, and knew that I needed to get my own prescription to finish college and get my degree. Luckily I did get my prescription, and graduated last year with my B.S, in Chemistry. Adderall has changed my life for the better and I couldn't be happier"

GNARCOTICS (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 22, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for : "When I first began taking it, it was very intense-my heart raced, I had too much energy. For a while it was great-the racing heart and too much energy wore off after about a week. It did become less useful over time, but not to a great extent. The trouble with Adderall for me, was taking two a day at the "right" times. It was really the second pill, figuring out the right time to take it, in a way so it would help me the rest of the day, but not so late it would disturb my sleep. Since I had/have a poor sleep schedule, that was challenging."

Owlem (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 14, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I started taking Adderall when I was 26 y/o and it was AMAZING for about 2 years. My dose started out at 30mg/day in the beginning and after 2 years was up to 60mg/day (30 mg IR twice daily). I started getting increasingly paranoid, losing, what seemed like, more and more sleep with each passing month. I kept thinking that I was seeing red and blue lights on my walls at night, which made me think the cops were after me outside. Even though I didn't do anything that would require police assistance. Until one day when I lost my mind, literally. I was taken by ambulance to the hospital and put on a 72 hour psychiatric hold for which I ended up staying at the hospital almost 2 week. Diagnosed with amphetamine induced schizoaffective disorder!!!"

ADDERALL WILL MAKE YOU INSANE (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 11, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD: "Just recently discovered I have inattentive type ADD at age 32. I first tried 10mg Vyvanse, it worked very good for 8hrs. I really needed to bump up to 30mg to hit the expected DoE (duration of effectiveness) of 12hrs. Unfortunately, Vyvanse raised my blood pressure to 140's at times, so that was a no go. Next, concerta 18mg, made me drowsy like benadryl. Now I am on this ampheta/dextro 10mg tab. My first day I took 10mg in the morning and 10mg at lunch, I felt overly stimulated. My thinking did not improve, I had minor tics (I kept licking my lips and flexing my eyebrows/forehead, lol). Tomorrow I will try 5mg and see how that goes. !"

Athus (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD: "Prescribed for ADD and excessive daytime sleepiness. Very good at helping me focus when I need it. It also works TOO well for my fatigue, I went from feeling like a narcoleptic to having insomnia. I had to cut back on my prescribed dose because it was too much. I take only 5mg when I need it. Even though this medication will wake you up, you absolutely must manage your time and get some quality sleep, because most side effects come from lack of sleep. Be careful with this as it can be habit forming and addictive. The key is to eat well and sleep well when on this medication."

snuggless (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 18, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Fatigue: "I have struggled with Bulimia for 12 yrs, tried many different meds and nothing worked. Most of the antidepressants just made it worse. I decided to take matters into my own hands and did some research. I discovered that some Dr.'s had prescribed Adderall and had success. It took me months of pleading with my Dr and showing him info before he finally agreed to let me try Adderall. He prescribed me a low dose of 10mg and changed my life forever!!! I had completely forgotten what it was like to lead a normal life! 10 months later I am still B/P free and loving myself again! Soon I'll switch to 5mg as I feel I've been able to reset my eating habits! Adderall saved my life!!!!"

Sunlover2017 February 5, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "For symptoms of ADHD (impulsivity, inability to sit still/restlessness, and inability to focus on a task at hand), I give this medication a 10/10. That said, I have Tourette Syndrome, and would caution ANYONE with Tourette Syndrome to stay away from stimulant medications, because they seem to exacerbate existing tics quite aggressively (I have tried 10-40 mg methylphenidate [RITALIN] and 20mg ADDERALL XR). I gave it a 10 based on it's effectiveness for ADHD, but factoring in the aggravation this medicine causes to tics, I would give a 5/10. I have a "good" United Health Care plan, and they would ONLY cover the brand name; even with insurance, the co-pay for a 30-day supply was $35.00."

R.W. (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I was diagnosed with narcolepsy wth cataplexy about two years ago. I was always the friend in the group that was falling asleep in the car, movies, and middle of class. I actually got voted "most likely to be sleeping in class" for my senior year. Even though it was funny for others, it's not for me. It's so hard to live a normal life when your constantly tired and all you want to do is sleep. I took nuvigil for the first year and half. It was working fine but I grew a tolerance for it with adverse effects. I started adderall 1/2 a year ago and it's the best thing ever. I've never felt so normal before in my life. I take 10mg XR when I wake up along with 10 mg regular release tab. And 10mg later on in the day. Best choice ever by my doctor!!"

Taylorr February 1, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Fatigue: "These stimulants are very useful for depression in my case. I feel motivated to tackle life with all of the strength I can fearlessly muster....that is until the effect diminish after only 5 hours. XR = 8-12 hours? No way. Even cutting back on acidic foods which supposedly inhibit the absorption of the drug, and eating tons of vegetables and protein while staying completely hydrated doesn't extend the effectiveness of the drug. So typically right after lunch time, I feel like curling up into a ball in a dark corner and crying about how much of a failure I am. Yeah, really useful when most of my work takes place in the PM. Even just taking another pill right before the comedown doesn't help. Well, the right drug will reveal itself in time."

Lmander (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I stopped taking this medication 6 years ago because I built up a tolerance to it. But, it seriously was the best thing to ever happen to me. I've always had untreated ADHD and when I finally received treatment, I flourished. Now, after 6 years I am giving it a try again. So far it's working great. The two things I don't like about Adderall is that I talk WAY too much, share WAY too much information. In fact, I call up family members and talk to them to death.I had to write myself a note and tape it to the phone to not call or text anyone! And the second thing is the comedown, by the time the medication wears off, I am drained!"

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 22, 2017

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "This drug works great at first until you need more and more to focus. Stay away from this med if you don't truly have ADHD or you have hypertension."

Txcb2004 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 21, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "While not perfect, this drug helped me achieve around an 80% improvement in my focus, attention, and ability to see tasks through to the end. I take 20mg IR in the morning and 20mg early in the afternoon. I was never diagnosed with A.D.D when I was a kid likely because I barely went to see doctors as a child. I used illicit drugs my whole life until it caused me to almost kill myself. After being clean for a year, I noticed my problems persisted with attention, focus, and finishing tasks. After seeing a Psychiatrist and getting a proper test/diagnosis, I'm grateful. It's helped a lot."

WOW. Major Improvement! (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 19, 2017

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "This has helped me a lot, but I have a couple tips. There are different brands that people will react differently to (I thought they would all act the same but no). I had a bad reaction with the first generic brand I tried, tried a different generic brand, and had a better experience. So look into that because not everyone believes that there's such a difference between different brands but to me there was. Second, I'm overweight and thought "decreased appetite? good!" but I would advise to still make sure you're eating frequently enough. Food has such an impact on brain functioning so not eating for 6 hours because you didn't feel like it is a bad habit to start! Once I got those slight issues settled, this drug really helped.Just be smart"

Sprite93817 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Has helped me focus and I have motivation to do work . But the crash sucks , unless you have Valium or xanax"

Richieminaj January 15, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I never thought I could have done better than how I was before. I am doing better at sports, behavior wise, and paying attention in class."

Ny12314 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 13, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Having ADD has been a bumpy ride for me, especially when it comes to finding the correct medication. As a Mechanical Engineering major, my work load is very heavy and being able to focus is essential and Adderall Xr certainly gives me the ability to do so. I've been taking 30mg xr for about 2-3 years. Prior to adderall I took Vyvanse and Concerts which did not work as well for me as adderall. It also took me a while to work adderall into my schedule as efficient as possible as I don't like taking it EVERYday. But I've got to say I found a happy medium that allows for the least amount of side effects and it is working absolute wonders for me."

Jhest603 January 13, 2017

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "My son is 13 years old and has have been on Adderall for about 6 years now and was recently switched from Adderall XR 15 mg to Adderall XR 20 mg. Today is his first on the 20 mg. So far he noticed a large difference in the effects. He said when he was on 15 mg XR for 2 years and he didn't even notice his attention span had dropped and his grades had also been, He said felt no effect whatsoever from 15 mg. The 20 mg has a noticably large increase in effectiveness . For the first time in months he feel back to normal and refreshed. He said never knew my body could grow a tolerance to a medication so quickly. I am curious if every dosage will get weak like the 15 mg. I don't want to keep elevating the strength for him as I'm worried it is bad for his health."

Elias O´Donnell (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 5, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Please be aware of all side effects before taking this drug. Adderal is highly addictive and it is very likely that 1 taking this drug will continue to do so for a long period of time out of necessity. Its best to slowly decrease the intake of the drug so the withdrawal symptoms are not 2 intense. Taking more than prescribed can lead 2 severe & even life threatening situations. Hallucinations, hearing voices, severe insomnia, & personality changes are inevitable if abused. With that being said, this is a highly effective yet short term solution bc of the dependency factor. At times the side effects may be so severe that the person taking the drug doesn't even notice bc they are so happy and focused on everything else.Notice Excessive Movement?"

Lawstudent1738-be cautious! (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 4, 2017