User Reviews for Amphetamine / dextroamphetamine

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR, Mydayis

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine.

ADHD
8.1

Fatigue
8.3

Narcolepsy
8.6

Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 8.3 587 reviews

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I've been diagnosed with ADD for several years as an adult. I tried every med in the books without sufficient relief without significant side effects. I am currently on month 2 of Mydayis at the lowest dose, 25mg. I think I need to go up a dose, which I will discuss with my physician. However, even at the lowest dose I am experiencing relief without side effects. I am very grateful for this product - no highs, no lows, no crashes, and I can sleep at night. Best of all, there is currently a coupon that makes this drug affordable although it is not currently covered by my insurance."

DRPETEHALL (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2018

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was off and on addrall for a year. I had a psychotic episode a few times with this medication. I went back on it in October of 2017 and I was on 15mg. When I went on 15mg my anxiety was more severe than before, I was really depressed too and I sometimes lost feeling in my legs. I also lost feeling in my lips if i lick it a few times. I won’t recommend this medication if you have bad anxiety or depression because it can make it like x2."

Alphaaa (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 11, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Mydayis is a long acting medication, class: amphetamine, with 3 doses combined to be released about every 4 hours. Thank God for the Chemists' who intricately designed the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics in relation to Mydayis! I've had ADHD for 37 years and suffered many hardships due to the scrutiny of taking medication for my ADHD. I'm able to focus on one task at a time and am not distracted! I wake up at 6am: take Mydayis 37.5 mg. It kicks in by 0800. At 1pm, the 2nd dose is released and definitely can feel the effects without any crashes. 3rd dose is released by about 5pm steadily. I now have the ability to stay on task without any crashes. I fall asleep easily, the best aspect!"

Texas NP January 8, 2018

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Was diagnosed with ADHD at 18 years old. I was prescribed, and am taking Adderall 20mg XR. This drug makes me feel like an emotionless zombie at times. My anxiety is fluctuating a lot and my mood is constantly changing. I like to go out late sometimes but when it wears off I don’t have any energy to do so. Friends and family have become increasingly less important it seems. I have minor scoliosis and it makes my back pain a lot worse at times. This drug definitely allows me to focus and get ahead. At the end of the day I don’t know if it’s worth it though. Might need a lower dose."

Anonymous2112 January 7, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Mydayis has been a game changer for me. I was on 60mg of Adderoll XR for years, and I’d lose focus in the mid afternoon so I’d take another one. At the end of the month, I’d run short, get irritable, and sleep until I got my script filled again. Vicious cycle. Mydayis 50 mg keeps me level and on a smooth, even keel all day. I usually take it a few hours before waking up since it does take awhile to kick in. After a week of taking 37.5mg , I did experience some depression but it passed. I’m very grateful that I started Mydayis. My quality of life has improved greatly."

Booboo555 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2018

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I’ve been taking Adderall XR 20mg for 2 months now. Works great to keep me focused on tasks for my job at Lucky’s and just random chores at home. Sometimes I feel an extra boost is needed in middle of day."

Mac kid408 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2018

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Makes daily life possible. I was diagnosed in 3rd grade with ADHD. Poor grades and constantly being sent to the principal for class disruptions was getting ridiculous. Started on Ritilan. No more principal and straight A's. Now in my 30's and on Adderall I successfully taught myself computers, reading electrical schematics and building whatever is called for. Pretty much whatever I wanted to learn."

Knight2000 January 5, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I started on Mydayis 37.5mg 12/09/2017. Previously, I took Adderoll X-R 60mg daily. Adderoll was working fine except the big drawback was I’d crash and have no focus after three o’clock in the afternoon. This would lead me into a vicious cycle of wanting another Adderoll just to be productive. At the end of the month, I’d run short of my Adderoll and go “in a tank”. This infuriated my husband because he didn’t understand what I was going through. Since I was tired of this cycle month after month (my FNP would not increase my dose) , I did some research and found out about Mydayis. I am taking 50mg now and it’s been a game changer. No more crashes! I did feel depressed the 2nd week but it passed. I’m really happy I found this medication."

JulieAnne5555 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2018

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I've been on Adderall for EDS and Narcolepsy going on 10 years now. I feel my continued heavy use of Adderall will essentially kill me. All of your stories are completely familiar, and Adderall absolutely does all that's being said that it does..the reality though is that taking this drug at high doses over an extended number of years is shameful to many parts of the body. You become essentially the same as any Meth user..this drug is simply a "cleaner" form, if you will. The drug has rotted my teeth despite extra care taken, and I now have dentures. I'm not even 40 yet! It has caused numerous skin conditions, including adult acne, rashes and a constant nagging itch (skin crawling feeling). Bc of the itch I have "pick marks" all over."

RoxBu January 2, 2018

For ADHD: "I’ve been prescribed 20mg of Adderall 3/day for over a decade now. When I picked up my last script at my regular pharmacy, I noticed, quite quickly, that they had changed their supplier once again. In their infinite wisdom, no doubt. Naturally any amount of amphetamine is going to have a stimulating affect on the CNS. However, the amount of the original Adderall formula is different in all generics; that’s why they’re cheaper. I’ve tried every generic there is for 20mg IR of Adderall, and believe me, this generic is by far the worst. To achieve the desired effects similar to the generic made by Teva, I have to take 1.5 of these. Wonderful example of pharmaceutical capitalism at its very lowest."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) January 1, 2018

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was on 70mg of Vyvanse & 30mg Adderall before I was switched to 50mg Mydayis. I had a bad crash before if I forgot to take my second dose early enough. I was able to focus & finish tasks of a morning but evenings were difficult. Now with the Mydayis I have a rough time in the mornings. My daughter had perfect attendance until I started this new medicine. I timed it & it's taken almost 4 hours for me to wake up. I took it at 4:45am. I also have a really hard time getting to sleep if a night. I don't have the bad crashing as I did before but I catch myself grinding my teeth a lot. I absolutely hate that I have to take it at 3am to be able to function by 7am."

Single Mom (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 26, 2017

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I'm not entirely sure if ADHD and bipolar intersect, or if they correctly diagnosed me by being both, but that being said, I was prescribed adderall at age 15. It definitely did the job. I personally enjoy being hyper so it was alien to me. It enables me to not only hear people but listen and comprehend. It stops impulsive behavior. Provides almost sedated state. You just float along. I feel like it made me want to be quiet and polite. Now I take lamictal and seroquel. If you have ADHD do yourself a favor and look up mania. Very similar."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 22, 2017

For Fatigue: "Works and feel normal for the first time in years..."

Steve Dallas (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2017

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "My doctor prescribed this to me for a month and it had no effect on me whatsoever. The same symptoms are still happening. I just think the drug sucks or the milligram that I was taking was way too low. Thank you"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2017

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have Myotonic Muscular Dystrophy (MMD)/Rheumatic Disease and Adderall IR has been incredible in balancing out the effects of my pain management medication for my rheumatic disease - to the point where I have cut my pain mgt med in 1/2 due to my increased activity. I'm engaged in my life again and I've found a happy balance :)"

Balanced Out (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2017

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I finally got diagnosed when I was 40. I was in college and just couldn't focus or comprehend my classes. I thought there was something wrong my head. I've been abused for a very long time. I went to my counsellor and suggested I get tested for ADHD. I was very relieved it wasn't head problems. I was diagnosed with ADHD. I suffered 40 years with all the symptoms but never thought about ADHD. When I was put on Adderall I couldn't believe the difference. My grade point was 3.67. I was very proud of myself. I've been taking it ever since. 30mg twice a day. People can tell when I'm not on it, big difference. My insurance didn't cover it. So I was paying over $200 My insurance started paying last yr. THANK YOU FOR READING MY STORY."

Huggerbabe2007 December 13, 2017

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I started on concerta fo rADHD and had poor results, it made me feel out of touch, I started adderrall a week ago at 20 mg twice a day and I have anxiety and feel some focus. I am wondering if 20 mg is too low a dose and need to go up."

pauly1740 (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2017

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Truly this medication has helped me with so many aspects of my life. I was diagnosed later in life with ADHD inattentive and it explained so much of my life."

Anonymous1000 December 7, 2017

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I've been taking Mydayis for about 2 weeks. I was diagnosed with ADHD 7 yrs ago and took Adderall XR 30mgs +10mgs every day. Even though it helped me in many ways it also made me anti-social, anxious, over use it sometimes and very thirsty at all times. For those reasons I decided to try something else (Mydayis 37.5). Honestly, I feel much more motivated, my energy increased, I'm not longer anti-social, no crash, and most importantly I can focus well. For about a week I had some side effects, (increased heart beat, couldn't sleep, focus well high BP) so give it some time to adjust. I also read that most people that switched from Vyvanse to Mydayis are suffering from depression. Be careful"

oben (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2017

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "it has helped me with my disability."

legoro (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 30, 2017

For ADHD: "This generic has to be the worst."

bighead006 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 30, 2017

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Compared to trying to get multiple Adderall XR just right, this stuff is fabulous. Kicks in very quickly and lasts a very long time, and it's a smooth ride."

ADD Software Engineer (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2017

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "So far I am on the fence with this. I am more thirsty and it seems that I feel completely different than when on Concerta."

Scottwk1 (taken for less than 1 month) November 25, 2017

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have taken Ritalin LA and had to switch to Concerta due to availability. Concerta never quite worked for my ADHD or chronic fatigue syndrome. I experienced drastic ups and downs. Last week I was prescribed 37.5mg of Mydayis and it has been a huge game changer for me. Within an hour I feel the energy and focus kick in and I am there until bedtime. This is how Ritalin LA (morning and noon doses) worked for me. I am also waking up easier and earlier, as well as sleeping well. Mydayis has been a true Godsend for me and my career."

Texas Doc (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2017

Mydayis (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Mydayis has been life changing for me. I’ve suffered from racing thoughts and anxiety since childhood and have tried everything imaginable (meds, weekly therapy, dietary restrictions, lifestyle changes). I’m on 25mgs and I have plenty of energy, but am relaxed and can organize my thoughts without constant anxiety."

ADHD mom (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2017