User Reviews for Amphetamine / dextroamphetamine (Page 8)

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR, Mydayis

Learn more about Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine.

Narcolepsy 49 reviews 15 medications

8.9
ADHD 441 reviews 38 medications

8.3
Fatigue 28 reviews 0 medications

8.2
Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 518 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

For ADHD: "I was diagnosed with ADD as a child and had been prescribed several medications including wellbutrin, nuerontin, and metadate. All proved ineffective (and the wellbutrin Damn near killed me). Finally I was introduced to Adderall. Adderall finally helped me focus while elevating my mood. I even became friendlier, because I was no longer frustrating myself trying to find the words I wanted to say. The side effects were mostly mild and went away once the medication built up in my system. Dry mouth, fidgeting, mild erectile dysfunction. Vasoconstriction was the only side effect that tended to linger, and I recently discovered the hard way that if you are experiencing vasoconstriction, it is wise to avoid heavy exertion."

bluecollah (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have ADD caused by major depressive disorder and stimulants have done wonders for me! However, Adderall makes me feel very anxious and panicky, and I don't like it at all. It lasts a long time and sometimes I can't sleep at night because of it. Overall, it's an alright choice. Might switch back to Vyvanse"

cjoy79 (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "When I was in grade school I had a real hard time learning. I could not pay attention in class. My mind was always wandering. I was always daydreaming and looking out the windows, I could not retain any information. I was forgetful and bored. My grades were always C's and D's no matter how hard I tried. I was always fidgety, had a hard time sitting still, always twirling my hair or shaking my legs or feet. I hated school, I felt so dumb. As I got into high school I was so far behind I gave up trying. When I started driving I would go through red lights, stop signs etc. I was just daydreaming all the time. I kept losing my car keys, my glasses, forgetting where I put them. I am out of space, but Adderal saved my life! I am 59. No side effects"

Thinkbetter April 4, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was diagnosed 8 yrs ago with ADD, at 45 I wish I'd had this info and medication. My life has changed for the better. I do notice a major difference in the pink 30 mg verses the orange. The pink ones make me feel like I'm a zombie. They also make me sad and I get red blotches over my body."

fred rubbel April 2, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Fatigue: "I just started Adderal 20mg about a week now. Before I was on 10 mg, not extended release, just tabs for (2) months. I'm always so tired. The higher dose helps me stay awake and function through my days. Glad something works, so far no side effects noted."

lady Ironworker April 1, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fatigue: "I could cry with joy! I used to sleep all day, with crippling physical/mental fatigue. After 7 years of being ignored by MDs, I found a pdoc who takes me seriously. Prescribed Modafinil but insurance wouldn't p. auth. Ritalin lost effect after ~2 days. Adderall IR made me so angry I screamed/swore at people (I never do that). Progressed from 10mg XR in am to 30(currently). Kicks in after ~1 hour & keeps me awake/alert til evening. Also struggle with severe MDD & body dysmorphia & adderall gives me some hope & makes me hate the girl in the mirror less. Only side effects: slightly raised heart beat & loss of appetite. No trouble falling asleep. Please consider XR if you struggle with fatigue/MDD & your pdoc thinks it's a good idea."

Roebie March 28, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Once getting on adderall I found it gave me just enough euphoria to put down everything from alcohol to opiates, while giving me the drive and ambition to seek an engineering degree. I must warn people adderall is a stimulant, it's out of your body rather quickly (1-2 days) so addiction in the "physical withdrawal" sense is not much, although years of taking it will keep you relying on it -that's a PROMISE. Depending on the dosage you'll be severely lethargic and wind up sleeping a few days. Beware of the day's end, you'll likely need something to sleep, or relax which can cause problems. Despite the caution, you'll be a morning person and love it, just remember the word "moderation" and you'll be a new you!"

BeenThereDoneToomuch7 March 22, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "It made me more nervous than usual. It is less stimulating than Adderall IR. I decided to switch to Ritalin."

Parker2015 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I started it a few days ago. It helps me stay focused and less anxious in public situations."

Poolman56 (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was diagnosed with ADHD at eight . I was put on Ritalin then. Awful stuff. That turned me away from taking anything for years. I started taking adderall xl at the age of twenty-seven. I didn't notice a change until my doc raised my dosage from 20 to 25mg. My work was better. Heck my life turned around. I finished projects I started. I payed attention. I remembered little things that use to evade me. Like names, where I put things, and what I was just doing. I also noticed I wasn't as depressed. I could sleep better. Just do not take xl late or sleeping may be difficult. One thing and I can't stress enough. If you have a loved one who is on or going to be on adderall. It is addictive. Watch for the signs of abuse. Monitor teens."

Jefery February 26, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "My son took this medicine for more than a month we don't like the side effect he never stop biting his fingers, excessive nasal discharges he end up with more problems than benefits."

Nishimaru2 February 24, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "This medicine is great for adhd but does not work for everyone in fact it made me feel angry,increased anxiety I've been dealing with and can kind of depress you i recommend adderall xr (even tho i stopped it) because ADHD is challenging and this medication made me very focused, like robot focused it was great! but i had to switch to prozac cause it gave me worse anxiety, if you have a problem with anxiety i don't recommend it,there are plenty your doctor can prescribe that don't have as much side effects. but all in out this medicine is great for treating ADHD good luck!"

Melvin am (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "This medication has changed my life. I was prescribed Adderall due to ADHD and chronic fatigue and it has greatly improved my quality of life in regards to both diagnosis. I am on a very small dose and have room to take more on particularly bad days, but 10mg on a regular, daily basis is the perfect amount for me."

lilbitofmadness (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "For me, Adderall is a dream and a nightmare all wrapped in one pill. When I wake up I need the adderall just to be productive in my day, it works like a charm and makes me more creative and motivated. But I find that I need more and more to keep going. Eventually when the day is over and its too late to take any more pills, I feel zoned out and unable to sleep. If adderral came with a powerful sleep medicine, it would be a perfect drug. Although I don't like the anti-social aspect that comes with it. You get so concentrated that you become socially awkward and don't want to talk with anybody. Also when I drink on adderall I can become crazy aggressive at times. But other than that I love adderall, I've done some of my best work on it."

Vanna Rose (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 17, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy 1990. They started me on Ritalin, which did not work for me. Then Dexedrine. It did work but caused a lot of tension in neck shoulder back in the evenings. Then Provigil, Nuvigil. I have settled on Adderall, it wakes me in the morning and keeps me awake in the afternoon. It's a God send."

we3reeds (taken for 10 years or more) February 13, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I do not like taking medicine but had extreme anxiety and trouble paying attention before. I wish I took this before been a few days and more so much more focused. I haven't misplaced phone or car keys"

Tc 1 February 6, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have been using Adderall for about 2 years now. I am an adult male at the age of 25. I always had an issue focusing in school and I have had a "rocking" issue my entire life. I tend to rock back and forth while reading or sitting about. It was very difficult to complete homework because I would try to figure out the answers to my homework problems but my rocking would take all of my focus and no matter how hard I tried to stop the rocking, I would always end up doing it anyway. As I attended college I was put on academic probation and decided to see a Doctor. Since I have been diagnosed and prescribed Adderall, my life has changed 100% for the better. No more rocking and my focus is incredible!"

thatguyyy February 6, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Had the best results from Adderall XR. So smooth that I could concentrate and felt like the most normal person with absolutely no highs and lows. I could sit and concentrate for hours, go to sleep like normal people and wake up like other adults. Insurance quit paying for it and had to switch to regular Adderall."

brain never stops (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 29, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fatigue: "I suffered from depression for 15 years, but was able to handle it until I began having severe health problems. I've had 18 surgeries (over half were major); most resulted in complications. My longest hospitalization lasted almost a year; September 08 - July 09. I've had 3 more surgeries, the latest was in May, 2013. Since July 09 I've been severely depressed with no energy & no desire to leave the house. I was put on Adderall (40mg at 10am, 20mg at 2pm). Now, I feel like my OLD self again! My ONLY side effect is insomnia. Often, I don't sleep at all & I get bored when everyone else is sleeping. The next day, I don't feel tired & I function normally, but my Dr. tried to lower my dose. It didn't help. This dose works for me & it's worth it!"

3xSurvior January 24, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "The extended release tablets enable me to maintain a normal functioning rate, without crashing."

JHahn (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 22, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Good with increased mental focus and less distractions by activities that were going on around me. I have nothing negative to say about the Adderall. It has improved my ability to control my attention and give me greater intensity in thinking and reasoning."

Adoman January 21, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Adderall has totally brought my life into focus. I started taking it about 6 months ago I'm 39 now and really wish I had this medicine as a kid. In addition to ADD I had severe anxiety and depression as a child/teenager. Adderall has given me focus, lifted my general mood, taken my anxiety away and made me a productive human being. I'm actually starting my own business! The only bad thing is that you really have to be careful of how much you take because it can have the opposite effect i.e. severe anxiety and no focus but if you take it the right way it will change your life! One other bad thing is the stigma surrounding the medicine and being treated like an addict by some pharmacists."

pKdub (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 19, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD: "Occasionally I can have jittery side effects... not enough that it outweighs the benefits. It's a great medication for those who won't abuse it."

allisonreberhardt (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 7, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Fatigue: "I am 24, I have been on Adderall for 8 months. For tiredness, lack of motivation, introversion. It definitely helps in all of those. I enjoy being around people, I have the want to do projects & have initiative at work. Does really give me energy, just the want to not sleep and waste I could be spending doing something productive. However the side effects: grinding my teeth. Some of the ones give me horrible dry mouth. Significant weight loss, people keep telling me I look skeleton like. But the worst? Terrible mood swings. I just flip out. Completely irrationally. Horrid anxiety. I need to get off it, but I am afraid of loosing my job."

vm90 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 1, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I gave Adderall an 8 out of 10 because it is very effective, anyone who is narcoleptic (which is why I use this medicine) will stay awake completely. Depending on the dosage you can stay awake anywhere from 5 hours to even more than 12. The down side to this medicine, and let me be clear that it is just with my experience is that it can make you jittery and excited. It also gave me "false confidence" and just overall made me more outgoing than I usually. Also I found that the first time I used it it gave me quite a high, which I eventually got used to. After several days I started hallucinating things and got paranoid. There are definitely some psychological side effects even more than the ones that I've experienced. "

Seigfred (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2014