User Reviews for Amphetamine / dextroamphetamine (Page 8)

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR, Mydayis

ADHD
7.8

Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 8.0 645 reviews

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I began talking Adderall about 3 months ago, I was scared to say the least. Many people I talked to advised against taken the ADD meds, instead suggesting naturopathic (?) meds. I wouldn't know where to start! I have suffered from depression since I can remember, started taking meds for that in my early 20s. Looking back at my life as a child into my teens and adult years, there was no doubt in my mind that I also had ADHD. Now 20 years later, I realized it was time to do something about it. Dr started me off at 5mg, then 10mg, up to 20mg now. It's amazing how this stuff works, I can ACTUALLY concentrate AND complete something!! The only complaint I have is that I am a little (more) spacey, could be because I'm a mother of 3 though!!! "

3lovelies December 8, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Do not take Adderall if high blood pressure runs in your family. Be especially careful not to take it if you have high blood pressure already. I had normal blood pressure until I started taking Adderall. Ever since, my blood pressure has been at least 130/80, and I have measured it at 162/88 while on the drug. I am a 20 year old male, and my dad has hypertension, which is where this incredible susceptibility comes from. I stopped taking it but I still have high readings, which only started when I began taking Adderall. Do yourself a big favor and harangue your doctors about Adderall if you or your family has a history of high blood pressure. You don't want to end up on BP meds."

Sam 123 December 8, 2016

For ADHD: "Diagnosed with ADD, ever since I started taking the 5mg Dextroamphetamine tablets, it has changed my life.I can focus, I have a clear mind, and have more mental motivation, unlike how I was just over 6 months ago when I was on Strattera which gave me testicle pain. But it wasn't right for me. I've heard about friends taking Dextroamphetamine and having negative side affects which I have not experienced at all. I guess its all to do with how your body processes different medications. It may not be right for them. But there are other medications which could help those who are unable to take it."

DiagnosedADDAt24 December 7, 2016

For ADHD: "I was just prescribed Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine r 351 20 mg for ADD, the first day I took it at 11 am yesterday I felt extremely tense and uncomfortable the exact opposite of what I thought it was going to be then at about 12 am I had a very bad headache couldn't go to sleep until 4 am woke up and took half and just felt out of it all day no energy no increased focus I was just wondering if anyone else is on the same drug ??? because all pictures of this drug online look orange and pink and blue which is kind of strange because I got it from a clinic not a regular doctors office . I don't even know if i want to take it tomorrow because of the negative side affects feeling kind of hopeless at this point hopefully someone has some info."

bobbbbb December 5, 2016

For Fatigue: "I learned early in my college career that Adderall allowed me to be more productive during my day without the feeling of full blown crashing. I do not struggle with paying attention or ADD/ADHD but I did struggle with extreme laziness/fatigue on a regular basis when I reach college age. Prior to that I never had an issue with motivation or sleepy feeling per say but one day it hit me like a brick and was unable to shake it. Which led me to lying to my doctor about having attention issues to obtain a prescription. It also was some what of a antidepressant at the same time. I have never struggled with depression but I did always seem to see the brighter side of things while on the medication."

Nathan B. (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 4, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have Primarily Inattentive ADHD and recently was diagnosed at 39 years old. I was on Amphetamine salts IR 10 mg 2x's a day as needed at 1st, which worked ok, but gave me some side effects I didn't appreciate, such as peeing so much it kept me awake at night. Also it worked inconsistently per day and sometimes per hour. It gave me blurred vision. So I was switched to 20 mg amphetamine salts xr which is much easier on my system. I don't have the urinary issues and it works a bit more consistently, though I don't get the "zeroed in" focus that I got with the IR and I still get some blurred vision, but no issues that cause it. Also, with both I have mildly decreased appetite, which is fine since I'm overweight and also a very dry mouth."

RjoyD (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was diagnosed with ADHD in 06 and I found out in order to have ADHD as an adult you had to have it as a child so I look back on my childhood in Real Life 4 did have ADHD as kid but never got treatment for it because my mom didn't believe any mental illness so I didn't start treatment with the ADHD until 2006 I was placed on Ritalin but I found it to be ineffective and then I stopped treatment and I started treatment up again a few months ago and I was giving our all and I found it to be very effective working but with 2 major side effect keeps me awake and constipation , but outside of those two it works wonderfully."

DaveyTheDJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 13, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I take 5 milligrams as needed for school. I take it right before school, maybe around 6am, school starts around 7am. I've noticed extremely dizziness, I get hot so easily, even more anxious, so much more depressed, so tired, terrible headaches, and excessive talking. I wake up in the morning to bump into every possible wall, my vision is completely blacked out. I can't walk for more than a mile, without feeling faint. I eat well and drink lots of water (due to a horrible experience with Vyvanse, in which i lost 20lbs) Not only that but falling asleep is killer. I've never taken such a small dose, and have such poor results."

Teen W. ADHD November 9, 2016

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was taking Generic Adderall 10 mg twice a day. I took it for a month and had a number of side effects that disappeared over time, except for 2 of them, increased excessive urination and stomach problems. So my doctor switched me to Adderall XR 20 mg. The side effects are pretty much gone so far, I have been getting sour stomach, but I started a pretty good probiotic - 9 strains 50 billion bacteria- and it's helped some. I've been on the xr for 3 days now. I can't say much for it being consistently effective though, it's also much more subtle as far as focus/concentration goes, and it seems to wear off much sooner than its supposed to, though it's hard to tell. I experience no crash at all. It's definitely much gentler than the IR version."

RjoyD (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2016

For Fatigue: "Prescribed Adderall because I cannot respond to my depressant medication. It doesn't elevate mood but does provide energy to get through Today."

rberger2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 31, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have had ADHD for as long as I can remember. My first real memory is when I was an altar boy. I would go to the church but could never concentrate on what I was supposed to be doing. I would forget pretty much everything and was just sort of walking through things as a zombie. Every time I had to serve a mass I had to rework everything in my brain. This went on for years through school where I couldn't pay attention and I would actually ask the same question two or three times. I did not find Adderall until later in life because when I was young it was not available. After taking 15 milligrams of the instant release twice a day my life changed for the better. I was able to concentrate for the first time. Not covrd by ins as am +20"

Satori3636 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 28, 2016

For ADHD: "It's alright, nothing special"

ADDECU October 24, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was recently put on Adderall for ADD. I have suffered ever since I can remember with not being able to focus on anything, having a wandering mind, and doing very poorly in school. I began to just think school wasn't for me. I had heard many negatives on Adderall and that is why I never asked my doctor if it would be an option for me. He suggested I give it a try and now I am on 10 mg every day/as needed and I feel better than I have in years. It has helped my depression/anxiety as well. I am happy to learn now and attend school. Wonderful drug for me."

Abbadabba101 October 23, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I take the XR, and it allows me to focus throughout the day at work and in classes. I can actually sit down and complete a task, I can get something done (for once), and the only side effects I really experienced were a bit of dry mouth at first and some continued loss of appetite. Otherwise, completely effective. Unfortunately, my insurance company only covers the brand name. Otherwise, it would be much, much cheaper. It's the brunt of my monthly prescription costs."

KittenCommander (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 21, 2016

For ADHD: "This actually works great for me. However, I like to give myself breaks and will either skip it some days or only take half my dose. I sleep just fine, have a good appetite and have never slept better. My only complaint is that it makes my urine smell very strong- like a port-a-potty at a music festival. At first I thought it was a urinary infection, but it's not. It's just a side-effect. So I drink tons of water, but it's still an extremely potent aroma. I feel like I'm at Lollapalooza 1993 again, the portable toilet part of it anyway, not the fun parts. Anyway, good luck out there. And drink water. LOTS of water. Cheers!"

A.W. (female, 40) (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 20, 2016

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Takes about an hour to two hours before affects take hold. Ability to focus and think clearly become apparent. Some shortness of breath here and there. I'm fit and active. Increased symptoms of PMS during cycle."

Tracu October 19, 2016

For ADHD: "Helped tremendously with motivation, concentration, mid-morning fatigue, and overall feeling of well-being. No direct side-effects other than occasional itchy/burning forearms (which may or may not be attributed to the drug - possibly a pinched nerve in neck.)"

BarryEPrice (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 14, 2016

For Fatigue: "Worked great at first for my Fibromyalgia CFS...now I fall asleep with in 10min after taking it..."

Thanks miwrld October 4, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Was the only drug that was effective"

Aa cRte (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 3, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Side effects: Dry mouth, anxiety (if used when tired), euphoria, hyperfocus (when dose too high) Adderall allows me to concentrate and study for a reasonable amount of time while also offering flexibility on when I use it; both XR and short-release are quick in-and-out drugs, unlike SSRIs. My performance improved dramatically with use of Adderall, but there were definitely a few cons. Hyperfocus is a huge problem that alluded me for a few months. Because Adderall affects the brain, it distorts the user's reality. I felt that I was getting a lot done, and it wasn't until my colleagues at work told me that I was garbage at multitasking that I realized my dose was too high. Beware of this. Focus =/= productivity"

Sweets! (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 27, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "My feet in the bottom upfront hurt all the time sometimes they go to sleep"

joey1515 September 23, 2016

For ADHD: "I am reading different ADHD meds affect ppl differently. I see ppl posting that the same mgs meds from different manufacturers have varying potency. I was an ADHD child. I am now 56 y/o. I started taking Concerta (long acting ritalin) 56 mg from 2007 to 2014, then a new dr wouldn't prescribe it for me in 2014. It was a miracle drug. It gave me energy, strength, focus, avid concentration, a positive mood, goals and hope. Now, I have been off ADHD meds for 2 yrs. I gave it time to see if I could get better without it. It's getting worse. I stay in bed, don't shower, no motivation. Drs fear addiction 'coz of my age. I can't go on as a vegetable. Off the meds I grind my teeth like mad. I am gnashing my teeth from aggravation and lack of focus."

Serena88 September 21, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for : "I personally didn't like the way I felt when I decided to take more before the scheduled time to take it. I was very agitated couldn't sleep for 3 days even though I felt tired and wanted to sleep do not do more than recommended dosage."

John polar (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2016

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was in 3rd grade and went through just about every medication. I have anxiety and some medications really made it worse. Now 18 and in college and I've been on adderal 20mg extended release for 3 years and every once in a while I take a "tolerance break" taking a break from it really does help when you go back to us using it. Take it early in the day or else you will most likely be awake until late hours of the night"

Holla_back September 15, 2016

For Narcolepsy: "ive been taking this med for awhile now'' the pharmacy change it'' to the very lowest cheap genaric they bought and made a HUGE PROFIT ON THE CHEAP STUFF. my goodness i didnt look at the bottle i kept fallen sleep while driving my kids to school ect'' i couldnt stay awake' 30 mg of the right med was helping me stay focus and alert for sure awake'' cvs , wal mart ect'' if u get ur meds plz ck and c if you got the ones ur dr. prescribed'' it didn't dawn on me for about month' I thought was over working, but i wasnt'' I was getting depressed, and moody'' I looked at the bottle and brought it back to THE drug store and never went back, take care all u good ppl that have disorders' we cant help what we're deal with'' Peace And LOVE' Sharon'"

seawife50 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 12, 2016