User Reviews for Amphetamine / dextroamphetamine (Page 8)

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR

Learn more about Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine.

Narcolepsy 44 reviews 15 medications

8.8
Fatigue 17 reviews 0 medications

8.6
ADHD 374 reviews 36 medications

8.4
Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 435 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I'm a 57 year old male that has been clean and in recovery for ten years now. I have abstained from anything stronger than aspirin the whole time. Chronic pain had made it necessary to begin a closely monitored treatment schedule, but I was still losing a lot of focus on tasks at work and any motivation for anything but sleeping at home. After talking to the doctor we added 20mg Adderal 3 times a day. The difference has been amazing. I normally work pretty long hours and had been having trouble staying awake in the morning going to work and evenings going home. No more. Properly scheduling the doses keeps me active and focused my entire day. Didn't take long to find out that it increased energy and desire in other areas also. All others."

Jojomac57 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 21, 2013

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I am prescribed Adderall XRs. I am only on 30 mg once a day and my Dr won't increase it. The medication definitely makes me motivated, have energy, and feel a nice since of well-being. I am concerned with a few side effects I get almost every time. I get numb on the left side of my neck and in my shoulder. I also get really cold feet and my toes look purple with very slow capillary refill. I also already had a sleep problem before all this, so my nights are always pretty restless."

Jason407 September 20, 2013

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Great medication. I was doing tasks again and talking to people again. The only down side is I want something more 24hrs. The instant release tabs had peaks and after the peaks I would have massive anxiety and the same was with the extended release. It's a great medicine but not for me."

Roofie91 September 14, 2013

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Couldn't live without it. Didn't discover it until a few years ago."

gomer1947 August 25, 2013

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I just started Adderall 10 mg for a new diagnosis of narcolepsy. This is the first time I have ever stayed awake through a movie, and been able to sit and read without nodding off. I am still my normal, calm self. But I just do not have the compulsion to sleep. Very helpful."

AleeD (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2013

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "This is a great medicine for focus but it has a downside to it as well. It can cause chest pains. So you must be careful with usage. "

Ronanklan July 29, 2013

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "For 5 years I suffered from hypothyroidism which turned out to be Hashimotos. Which I take thyroid (natural thyroid medication). Once my thyroid was under control myself and doctor were confused on why I was so tired. I would have seizures when I was completely exhausted. Very scary! They thought I had panic attacks but not so! The seizures were all part narcolepsy which apparently can mask under hypothyroidism. I now take 30mg of Adderall XR a day. It is not enough but just really happy I can get through the day without feeling like someone has given me a bottle of sleeping pills. Adderall is my wonder pill and no side effects."

Kld (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 22, 2013

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I have taken Adderall XR for YEARS now. I have MS & as a result have hypersomnia, which is very similar to narcolepsy. For years & years, I took Provigil alone for this & it was great. But eventually, Provigil was no longer enough to keep me awake. My doctor tried me on Adderall XR & it was amazing. I was able to stay awake ALL day long & felt great. I never had any real jitteriness. It does make me have almost no appetite at all, ever. Mostly I just don't think about eating, it doesn't really occur to me & when I do eat, I can't eat much. But, having been obese most of my life...this hasn't exactly been a problem! "

AmyR July 4, 2013

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Adderall in my opinion is a "Miracle"! I am prescribed the (IR) 30mg strength, three times a day. Adderall I feel has significantly improved my quality of life."

Heff84 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 3, 2013

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "Adderall in my opinion is a "Miracle"! I am prescribed the (IR) 30mg strength, three times a day. Adderall I feel has significantly improved my quality of life."

Heff84 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 3, 2013

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I am 25 years old. Over the last 3 years I have pretty muched ruined most of my relationships involving my career and my personal life. The most common symptoms I experience are: Difficulty concentrating and staying on task, caprishious behavior/severe mood swings, impulsive behavior/making irrational decisions that significantly impact my future, depression, and anxiety. I had a great job, and I had lots of friends. Unfortunately, difficult events took place that caused my emotional health to start spiraling out of control. I became diagnosed with ADD/ADHD in April 2013. Started Addrerall 30mg XR. It really helped me feel more motivated, less depressed, and I felt I could concentrate much better. I definitely recommend this medication!"

D Newberry RVT (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2013

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I started on 20mg Adderall XR 1 month ago. I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 13. I was first medicated on Ritalin and I went off of it because it made me very uneasy on the insides. I managed to get through school with all applied courses because a gold fish had a higher attention span then me. If I could turn back time I would have chosen the Adderall path. Just a few side effects that really weren't to bad, I lost a lot of weight because it suppressed my appetite, it was all weight that I could afford to lose and I feel better about myself, I do however have to make a list of tasks before I begin my day or I just get super hyper focused on one thing for to long. I grind my teeth and I have to take sleep-aids but it's worth it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2013

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I am almost 50 yr old female just, diagnosed with ADD/ADHD. In elementary school super bright but would finish my work quickly and disrupt the rest of the class. I was never considered hyper just a little "naughty" and disrupted. Now looking back as things in my life have become more disruptive as I age. Couldn't hold a job lately, drink too much etc. I have the Adderral now and that's great. However, when I read about it not working or it becomes less effective, I get nervous because I don't want to be that disruptive unemployable person. I met a Doctor who has ADD as well. He found that simple blood hormone test and restoring your levels can assist in using less medication, making the medication more effective and less side effects."

amlund (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 12, 2013

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Caused migraines."

Chrismhen (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 4, 2013

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I've had a wonderful experience with Adderall! It helps me focus and get up to do the daily things that need to be done plus more!"

juju79 June 2, 2013

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Started off with Concerta in May 2012 it was not effective at all, switched over to Adderall XR 10mg in July 2012 for seven days as a starter dose, then started Adderall XR 20mg, I noticed a considerable difference between the two medicines instantly. I am able to focus for a very long period of time without being distracted, my grades improved exceptionally, I went from receiving grades below 55% now my lowest grade is 83%. The benefits of this medicine do outweigh the side effects for me, I noticed 20 minutes after taking Adderall, I have increased bowel movements, lower libido and decreased appetite. I stop taking Adderall during breaks and long weekends, the first day not on it, I am extremely tired, exercising and eating healthy helps."

JT07 May 25, 2013

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I like Adderall for my ADHD a lot. It keeps me focused and I am able to concentrate and accomplish the things that I need to get accomplished, also it helps me with my depression a lot because it makes me feel more happy and motivated."

Jkaustin2011 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2013

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I too have gone through my whole life with undiagnosed ADHD and I have to say that I have lost so many years of my life both academically and personal. I've been recently diagnosed with ADHD and started Ritalin. I could not tolerate Ritalin. It made me feel like a zombie along with bad headaches. My MD switched me to Adderall and It has changed my life. I wish I would have sought help years ago but I was too embarrassed to seek mental health help. I've been on 30 mg per day of Adderall for 1.5 months now and its worked great except that I think this dose is too low as I have to split the 30 mg into two doses per day. 20 mg works great for me but the other 10 mg I have to take doesn't do much for me."

DPR (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2013

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have been taking Adderall now for about a month. So far so good, it's helped me focus a lot. I felt good before in regard to mood, now I feel even better. I'm concerned it may cause libido issues when I have been on it longer. "

Levi9 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2013

For Fatigue: "Iv been taking Adderall for 5 years. In the beginning it was AMAZING!!! Pulled me right out of my "funks" which would keep me in bed for days, it helped me focus on EVERYTHING and basically be super human and feel great about myself. 5 years later it still pulls me out of bed, forces me to do all the things I need to do and makes me feel accomplished. But that's about it. I am emotionless other wise. My immune system is horrible. My body aches constantly because I'm ALWAYS so dehydrated and never let my body rest enough, which has led to use of pain meds...and that combination takes quite a toll. Sometimes i struggle to remember the last time I laughed without reminding myself to. But going back to the way I was before isn't much better..."

SarBear (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 30, 2013

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea and narcolepsy 15 years ago, I have been on every formulation of Ritilan there is, but Adderall XR works the best for me."

grizley April 26, 2013

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I've been taking Adderall since my sophomore year of high school and I'm about half way through college now. When I first started taking it I went from D's and F's to straight A's. I loved everything. I wanted to learn everything. I also lost about twenty pounds just from loss of appetite. But now that I've been on it for a few years when I don't take it the withdrawals hit so hard. I can't even remember what the real person I was before I started taking it. My appetite sky rockets and I don't want to do anything but sit around all day. No motivation. I love being on it and being so productive but sometimes I get so overly focused I get really irritable with people around me. "

Kelbel926364 April 24, 2013

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Adderall is effective, but it comes with consequences. Both to your physical and mental health. I am 27 years old, I have taken Adderall on and off for about 10 years. Started it my freshman year of college. It was AMAZING at first! Lost that freshman 15, got straight A's, actually ENJOYED my work. Then I started noticing the crash symptoms. Tired, withdrawn, emotionless, sleepless. I stopped taking it because I hated the way it made me feel, but I realized how much more productive I am when taking it. When I start taking it again my immune system is shot, I'm constantly sick with something, I get super irritable. When I don't take it I can barely get out of bed and I always gain weight, which always sucks. It's a vicious cycle."

LaurenNikki April 1, 2013

119 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I could not get out of bed without Adderall. I have been taking it since 2000. However, I developed a severe spinal disease, fibro, and arthritis. I had to give in to taking pain meds which interfered with my Adderall dosage. I currently take 40mg. I have found this dose ineffective for the past several years. My family doctor prescribes my meds and doesn't feel comfortable titrating up to 60mg. I weigh 335mg as well. I am frustrated and feel exhausted most of the day."

driftwoodms14 (taken for 10 years or more) March 30, 2013

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "The best! No nighttime anxiety like on Concerta ,feel stable and able to think and be organized a good 10-12 hours . Also acts as an anti anxiety and anti depressant for me."

DrBunny March 15, 2013