User Reviews for Amphetamine / dextroamphetamine (Page 8)

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR, Mydayis

Learn more about Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine.

Narcolepsy 51 reviews 15 medications

8.8
Fatigue 30 reviews 0 medications

8.2
ADHD 463 reviews 39 medications

8.2
Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 544 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

For Fatigue: "I started on provigil for my excessive fatigue, after my GP did virtually every blood test known, looking for a cause. It seemed to be helping me, for which I was exceedingly grateful but then got bad mouth sores so had to stop. I was switched to adderall, 10 mg twice a day. It's like 2 different pills. The morning gives me energy until about 1 p.m. The pill at lunch seems most days, to have no effect. I sit around and read and nap most of the afternoon, and am ready to sleep by 9. I have sleep apnea and use a CPAP machine religiously. Does the drug need to reach a certain level in the blood to be most effective?"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I'm an 18 year old girl and I have ADD along with Bipolar/Schizoaffective. Because I have psychotic symptoms, the highest dose of Adderall I can take is 30mg. My problem is, it doesn't keep me focused more then 3 hours or so because the dose is low and even though it's a low dose, I can't seem to eat at all. I've been struggling with my weight for a while due to hyperthyroidism. I'm 5'00 and 89-95 lbs. my goal weight is 100. I can't afford to lose more weight. The risks are outweighing the very minimal benefits."

ArdatLilith September 11, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I was taking 40mg of Adderall per day for ADD, before my Narcolepsy diagnosis. At that point the dose was raised to 30mg, 2 times per day. That dose helped a bit more with the ADD symptoms, but I'm still exhausted and sleep-walking thru my day. It does give me 4-5 hours to be productive and get my work/errands done before I crash again, around 3:30pm. I've been on Adderall for several years and at first it seemed like a miracle drug. On 20mg/day I felt awake for the first time in my life. But now, about 8 years later, I think my tolerance is way up, as the 60mg/day I take now is no where as effective as the 20mg was years ago. Until there is better treatment for Narcolepsy, Adderall is better than nothing."

SunnyDelite September 4, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I've tried straterra, Dexedrine, Ritalin, vyvanse. I would take vyvanse but it's way too $$. Generic adderall has been the best as far as cost and effects. The only thing I have disliked is the connotation adderall has because I can tell some doctors are against it. I have had two doctors lecture me on how something else must be wrong because I take 75 mg daily. I tried to switch to the XR and lower my dose to 60mg, but insurance won't cover it. This medication has been really helpful for me, but I feel like I need it because without it I'm a wild ape (hyper, make silly noises, annoying). It keeps me calm and focused on the big picture. I would use modafilin if I could because the side effects are less pronounced, but again the price."

Octavian James September 1, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "So I was recently diagnosed with ADHD and am taking welbutrin however it wasn't doing enough so I requested to try a stimulant, specifically this one since the ratings are so high and predominately positive. Within minutes of taking 10mg the anxiety was... just wayy too much. I also didn't really know how to feel or what to do. It did help me with focusing...better than almost anything else I've tried. Then after that I went away about a half an hour later I started to feel better after I ate something. The remainder of the day I was so tired I just layed in bed. It works don't get me wrong but I just cant put my faith in an addictive/phisically dependant med. I stopped taking it. Gonna try strattera next"

Delila the Rav3n August 31, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Could not focus at all before adderall. Took for 21 days aka 3 weeks and could finish task at hand, after 21 days focus doubled and I have taken on more tasks and can finish with time to spare and @ 100% no errors. It works."

The man with a plan (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD: "I've taken this for one month."

Amelia1905 August 23, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I started out taking the regular Adderall version, but it didn't last long and made me have horrible crash periods and steroid like rages. So far, the Adderall XR seems to be working better, but it does reduce my appetite substantially. I've had to start taking weight gain supplements to ensure that I maintain my proper weight. If I miss a dose, I feel pretty lethargic and extremely sleepy. However, the medication has allowed me to read and focus better than I ever have, and I seem more motivated. I'm also able to talk better with others, and my social skills have definitely improved."

Rufio03 August 12, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD: "Been on this for 20 years for my ADHD. It's the only thing that helped a few others would work for abut 2 weeks then nothing. This has worked great all these years. Like w most meds you have to find the right dosage. They tried to switch me to the XR capsules but with my stomach and fast metabolism they broke down all at once . If you feel Anticy or grind your teeth or can't control your concentration your probably taking to much or the wrong type. I find the dextro salts to be less powerful. I strongly recommend trying to get the tablets salts or not and skipping them or taking the least u can get away with. So you don't build up a tolerence which happens fast and u can break them in half."

Staticadik (taken for 10 years or more) July 26, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "@Nishimaru2. I have the same problem your son does except mine is a bit...odd. If I'm not watching what I'm doing I'll find myself in the bathroom plucking facial hairs with tweezers. Weird, I know but only on Adderall."

GimmeAnESP (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 24, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I absolutely love Addreall. It helps me to complete my tasks and I have no problem skipping it when I don't have any projects or paper work to do. I don't ever think about it when I skip it. I believe it is a very great medicine for someone who is having a difficulty to focus on one task. Adderall has a bad reputation only because people abuse it. If you overeat, overdo or overtake anything - it will cause harm to your body. So it's not a surprise some people are getting addicted to Adderall. You have to UNDERSTAND why do you need it and why are you taking it. If you don't abuse it, if you take prescribed amount per day and if you skip it on weekends or whenever, you will be perfectly fine and it will serve you well."

AK4747 July 23, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "This medication is to my brain like glasses are to a pair of eyes with poor, blurry vision. Personally, this medication is what works best for me. It isn't perfect, but it is better than nothing. I have ADHD inattentive type, and I also have social anxiety. I understand, this is a stimulant so of course it will make my anxiety worse. But I feel more motivated and more confident in myself and my abilities. I resent taking this everyday, but I make sure to take this prior to school or work or any day I need to deal with responsibilities. Also, take it after you eat breakfast if you can. For me, the benefits outshine the negatives."

Morgashporg (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I take Adderall XR 30mg 1 time per day, when I started I worked great as long as I took it before 12:00 noon, afternoon I was up all night, after about 3 months, I could not tell that I had taken anything, my Dr. added 1mg intuitive it seems to work ok, I am about to the 7th month and back to I can't tell weather or not I take it. I do not have a past of any dependencies or addictions (except nicotine) so I am not sure where I will go from here. All in all it is a good Med for ADHD. The only side effects are dry mouth and grinding my teeth as it wears off."

Jabwoods (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 12, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Worked perfectly for the first week (10mg), my mind was completely clear and I felt almost no anxiety whatsoever. Second week(20mg) started feeling suicidal, worst i've ever felt in my entire life. Parents thought it was out of character, I couldn't stop crying- worst emotional pain i've ever felt (I've never felt like that before). Was convinced it wasn't the medication, but felt better as soon as I stopped taking it. If you're feeling this way while being on it, it's probably the medication... I was convinced that it wasn't until I started seeing that a couple other people had similar reactions. 19/female"

ggggg888 (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Wellbutrin did nothing for me and Strattera caused erectile dysfunction and significant sleep disorders. My doctor slowly increased my Adderall XR dosage until I hit the "sweet spot" which was 30mg for me. 40mg made me a little jittery and anxious. In the correct dosage Adderall has improved my quality of life with no side effects. I should note that if I miss a day I am fine but any longer without it and I become lethargic - so remember to refill your prescription as soon as you can so you don't run out. I take the generic of this drug and it works great."

CPDenver (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 28, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD: "I have been taking 20 mg of Adderrall once a day in the AM, for about 6 months now. I started out at 5 mg and have increased to 20mg. I am 36, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia about a year ago following what seemed like a million tests and lots of money later. My specialist put me on the drug after we talked about my issues of staying on task, memory, concentration, and inability to comprehend normal everyday activities and instructions. Looking back, I seem to think I have always had some sort if this "problem" but with this onset diagnosis, it has gotten a lot harder to focus. I feel it will only get worse over time. I was curious if anyone has ever taken this medication for this particular DX or can give any advice? Has it helped? Thanks"

Blondegirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Narcolepsy: "Together with Modafinil a functional combination for steady thinking, awareness, and attention to detail. Twenty mg of Amphetamine Salts with 400mg Modafinil upon waking, 20 mg Amphetsalts about 4 hours later. Modafinil 200 at about 3pm and 20mg Amphetsalts at around 5 p.m. A productive, positive and inclusive day was had by me and all around me. Narcolepsy/Cataplexy, ADD+- types as diagnosed up and down over many years, Modafinil supports the Hippocampus, the Salts drive a functioning Forebrain. Those combinations are open to a lifetime of adjustments, aging, quality of life as living requirement constant vigil to not do too much and do enough, working with Doctors who's joy is in mentoring and coaching you through those life changes."

Redhook 611 June 18, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was diagnosed with A.D.D and I've been using Adderall for just over 2 years now. My 9th year of school I finished with a very low GPA just over a 1.0 and finished most of my classes with either Fs or Ds but this past year that I was able to get my medicine I was awarded AB Honorle And passing every class with an A except 2 Bs. The mass improvement of my ability to focus and actually want to work actually made the principal think I was cheating since i've had such a bad school record (For grades)"

Dielawn (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 10, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "My son had been on Adderall XR (25mg) for well over 6 years and it has really worked well for him. I would say the only side effect that was difficult to deal with was the lack of appetite. However, after hitting the teenage years it has fallen back into normal teenage young man trying to eat everything lol. On a very good note: my son finished his 8 th grade year with A's & B's as well as a 3.4 GPA and is now looking forward to attending high school in the fall."

Pleased mom (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 5, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD: "Adderall can have a remarkable and immediate effect. I have heard it described as "like opening a window shade in a darkened room". Used in concert with counselling and dietary management, it can have very positive effects. I wish it had been given to me when I was young and struggling with my schooling!"

xstar (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 29, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was diagnosed with ADHD unexpectedly when I started going to a counseling center a couple months ago, after I got in trouble for bringing marijuana to school. I was also diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety. I am 15 and this all came as one big unexpected shock to me. I felt useless and pathetic knowing this. I was put on medication for all of the mental disorders, including Adderall. I have always been a good student, but now I am actually able to focus in school and now, I'm excited about going to classes and doing homework. I actually feel like I'm worth something for once."

kristin1350 May 22, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Yes, this medication does work wonders, at first. Diagnosed ADHD (by a Psychiatrist) at the age of 26. The first 3 years it worked quite well and felt like a godsend. I took 5-6 days a week and my life demonstratively improved. Focus, completing tasks, mental clarity, improved self-esteem...life was good. Adderall, like other CNS stimulants, tend to become less effective after time and I noticed this more pronouncedly by my 5th year. At that point, I felt trapped by the drug and tried to stop. The problem was that even after a month or more without Adderall, none of discontinuation symptoms were improving. While I continue to use Adderall for maintenance, I derive little benefit. Be aware, the effects won't last indefinitely!"

Danatee May 20, 2015

For ADHD: "amazing"

thatonegirl1212 May 14, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I'm a 52 yr. old male. I started taking Adderall about14 months ago. for the first 2 weeks I didn't notice much change then I noticed that when I took the medication in the morning suddenly I had a lot more energy and it seemed like I could concentrate better and not as agitated about life in general. I take me 2nd. dose at lunch time. The increase in my energy level was keeping me moving more during the day so it allowed me to rest better at night. Every morning when I wake I go straight for the Adderall. Overall I think Adderall has improved my quality of life and I think Adderall should be prescribed to the aged for the same effects. It's not going to work the same for all so close monitoring for 30 days on a 2per day 15mg.dose"

Thoughtfrullnessary May 10, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I have narcolepsy and I take 20mg three times per day of quick release tabs. Mornings are great but mid to late afternoon I tend to nap and then take my last dose after last nap. Adderall helps great for keeping me awake and alert."

Chrisbce April 30, 2015