User Reviews for Amphetamine / dextroamphetamine (Page 8)

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR, Mydayis

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine.

Narcolepsy
8.7

Fatigue
8.2

ADHD
8.1

Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 8.3 562 reviews

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

For ADHD: "Female 37 inattentive. Wow. Wish they knew when i was a kid.Life couldve been so different. This is so freaking nice to be functioning most of each day."

mvvvvvvv November 22, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was once a procrastinating, underemployed, muscular 18 year old who was unsure of his future. My ADHD made it impossible to focus, my motivation was terrible, and I snapped on anyone over the smallest thing. I knew about Ritalin...also knew its excess side effects. Heard about Adderall and decided maybe I should speak with my PCF. He prescribed me Adderal, a pill that can either make or break you. If you have had ANY history of drug abuse AVOID IT. It took me a month to realize I was abusing it. I lost sleep, weight, gained a tolerance. When I decided I'd better let my wife handle my medication, she gave me my two IRs per day and still does. It helped alot. The medication is wonderful for ADHD but can very easily kill you if you abuse it"

Mudjugg66 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 13, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fatigue: "Adderall gives me a normal amount of energy so that I am able to get out of bed and do some housework."

jennifer1128 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 12, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD: "I was diagnosed with extreme ADHD a few years ago. The doctor prescribed these for me and I noticed a huge change in about 3 wks. I didn't realize how badly I needed this medication! You really suffer tremendously or at least I did for most of my life not only from anxiety and lack of focus plus couldn't multi-task. Definitely a big change for me in several ways and little side affects. I drink a lot of water which helps with this medicine and I never take it past 4 pm and it works amazing! Definitely recommend seeking this medicine out if you suffer from any of the issues I have my whole life!"

Mrs. OCD November 10, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Overall- I'd say that Adderall XR is better than Adderall IR. Sometimes I feel faint on Adderall XR. I can't take it every day because I get too tired. I have weird side effects with medications. I usually get all of the side effects when I take medications. I also have depression too. Hopefully, Dexedrine will work."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 1, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "Took methylphenidate SR (Ritalin sustained release) 100 mgs a day for years for major depression, was still tired, could still sleep at anytime, but not too bad. Dr retired, new Doc doesn't want to prescribe that he switched script to Adderall 90 mgs a day. Worked at first but not well, now it is worthless. I can hardly get out of bed and it is almost impossible to stay awake all day. Did the Sleep Study a few weeks ago and Dx with Narcolepsy w/o cataplexy, prescribed Modafinil to take with the Adderall, a little better. In my case the Adderall must go. Very good that it works for others, as no one wants to feel like they are sleeping their life away."

Lily100% (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 31, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Honestly taking adderall has help me very much. I no longer fight with others and I'm not overly sensitive anymore. Ever since I have been taking it my grades have gone up. Just a month I went from failing everything to passing all my classes. For me I don't have any negative side effects except one. When I drive alone at night sometimes I think I see something on my passenger floor move and it freaks me out immensely, but thats rare. Overall I my symptoms leave and go."

Nickname already in use October 27, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I've been taking Adderall for roughly two years now,I could honestly say it helped me SO much.Having A.D.D my whole life, it completely made my life out of control.I only realized how much of my issues were connected to having A.D.D until l i took my medication,i cannot even explain.Its insane sometimes it even got me emotional thinking about it cause i would say to everyone around me "is this how people without ADD feel ?" and think wow i missed out on SO much.Luckily i could say everything has changed. Graduated highschool,found myself a job,totally different group of friends,even the way i interact and feel about myself TOTAL CHANGE. I would have gave it a 10/10 but my loss of appetite and could not sleep.sucks but pros over cons"

bambi88gbg October 22, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I remember when I was 8 and put on glasses for the first time and was astounded that I could see each individual leaf. But I was more astounded that I had been living for years without that essential clarity. The first week taking Adderall XR was like that. At once I had realized just how disabled I was-- but also how capable I could be. Five months ago, I was on the brink of losing my retail job due to numerous register mistakes. After taking Adderall my sales numbers are stellar, and I feel like I can go back to college again. Only negative is the weight loss-- but since I was overweight anyway that side effect is just fine by me. Insomnia is an issue, but not overly frequently. Taking it immediately in the AM solves it."

cantos (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD: "Since I have Chromic Pain & Attention Deficit, Blessed/Cursed I might even say, this med 20mg, 2/3 prn, I ( Find it Much) more Effective than other Amphetamines /or Other Meds that I have used. Again I Speak only for myself. 33 yrs. of trying different meds, I believe Validates me."

Checker 1 (taken for 10 years or more) October 8, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I've been diagnosed with ADHD for many years my child hood was filled with lots of trouble. I've had more failing grades than I can count more referrals then most kids been kicked out of an amazing school and lost a full ride scholarship. I'm not blaming all these problems on being ADHD but not having self control for my actions is a big factor my doctor finally prescribed me to Adderall and the difference is cazy. I have been able to stay focused on school and all my classes for the first time in 6 years I am getting honor roll I have an interest in being in school. I'd recommend any one to give Adderall a try. It truly has made my life a lot easier by being able to stay focused."

dalton1324 October 7, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD: "I've been on generic Adderall 20mg for about 5 months now from Barr manufacturer and they worked great but I recently got a prescription filled that was made from Actavis pharmaceuticals and can't believe they're allowed to make and sell these worthless pills. I have been reading reviews on how worthless and ineffective Actavis brand generic Adderall is for 2 days. How has the FDA not checked into this? I have to take this cheap, fake crap for the next month or throw them away and deal with my ADHD symptoms full-on until I can get my next prescription."

Bluedevilangel October 5, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "It's been a blessing since being on adderall XR. I can think better and focus so I can succeed at a lot of things. Everyone with ADD should be on it."

Nba3 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 29, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I take my 30 in the morning with a light breakfast n I'll be set for most of the day. It seems pretty Alright to me.!"

BigDDDP (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 27, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD: "Very helpful to me at work. I can get much more done in 1day and keep on track. Only sometimes I might get headaches though."

ddpmiller.dp86 September 23, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Adderall IR had the same duration of action as Adderall XR for me. Both of them only had lasting effects for four hours and then quit."

InfiniteBravery (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 16, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Adderall XR lasted no longer for me than Adderall IR. I was prescribed 30mg XR twice daily with its duration being four hours before it stopped working."

InfiniteBravery (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 16, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was a failing student, failing math 2 times. In my junior year of high school I took Adderall for the first time, on the first day of the school year. The first day of taking it was astonishing. I was very concentrated in math class, and that's not it, I had a desire to learn once I got into class. My grades improved to the high 90 percentiles, which I never thought I'd accomplish. But there are side effects to taking Adderall. For me it's dizziness for about an hour in, headaches on occasion, and being very sleepy around afternoon. I urge parents who have kids with ADD/ADHD to let your kids try it out for a month. It might save their futures. You can skip doses as much as you like, so I don't take it on summer break or weekends."

I use Adderall Generic 20mg September 14, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fatigue: "I started on provigil for my excessive fatigue, after my GP did virtually every blood test known, looking for a cause. It seemed to be helping me, for which I was exceedingly grateful but then got bad mouth sores so had to stop. I was switched to adderall, 10 mg twice a day. It's like 2 different pills. The morning gives me energy until about 1 p.m. The pill at lunch seems most days, to have no effect. I sit around and read and nap most of the afternoon, and am ready to sleep by 9. I have sleep apnea and use a CPAP machine religiously. Does the drug need to reach a certain level in the blood to be most effective?"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I'm an 18 year old girl and I have ADD along with Bipolar/Schizoaffective. Because I have psychotic symptoms, the highest dose of Adderall I can take is 30mg. My problem is, it doesn't keep me focused more then 3 hours or so because the dose is low and even though it's a low dose, I can't seem to eat at all. I've been struggling with my weight for a while due to hyperthyroidism. I'm 5'00 and 89-95 lbs. my goal weight is 100. I can't afford to lose more weight. The risks are outweighing the very minimal benefits."

ArdatLilith September 11, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I was taking 40mg of Adderall per day for ADD, before my Narcolepsy diagnosis. At that point the dose was raised to 30mg, 2 times per day. That dose helped a bit more with the ADD symptoms, but I'm still exhausted and sleep-walking thru my day. It does give me 4-5 hours to be productive and get my work/errands done before I crash again, around 3:30pm. I've been on Adderall for several years and at first it seemed like a miracle drug. On 20mg/day I felt awake for the first time in my life. But now, about 8 years later, I think my tolerance is way up, as the 60mg/day I take now is no where as effective as the 20mg was years ago. Until there is better treatment for Narcolepsy, Adderall is better than nothing."

SunnyDelite September 4, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I've tried straterra, Dexedrine, Ritalin, vyvanse. I would take vyvanse but it's way too $$. Generic adderall has been the best as far as cost and effects. The only thing I have disliked is the connotation adderall has because I can tell some doctors are against it. I have had two doctors lecture me on how something else must be wrong because I take 75 mg daily. I tried to switch to the XR and lower my dose to 60mg, but insurance won't cover it. This medication has been really helpful for me, but I feel like I need it because without it I'm a wild ape (hyper, make silly noises, annoying). It keeps me calm and focused on the big picture. I would use modafilin if I could because the side effects are less pronounced, but again the price."

Octavian James September 1, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "So I was recently diagnosed with ADHD and am taking welbutrin however it wasn't doing enough so I requested to try a stimulant, specifically this one since the ratings are so high and predominately positive. Within minutes of taking 10mg the anxiety was... just wayy too much. I also didn't really know how to feel or what to do. It did help me with focusing...better than almost anything else I've tried. Then after that I went away about a half an hour later I started to feel better after I ate something. The remainder of the day I was so tired I just layed in bed. It works don't get me wrong but I just cant put my faith in an addictive/phisically dependant med. I stopped taking it. Gonna try strattera next"

Delila the Rav3n August 31, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Could not focus at all before adderall. Took for 21 days aka 3 weeks and could finish task at hand, after 21 days focus doubled and I have taken on more tasks and can finish with time to spare and @ 100% no errors. It works."

The man with a plan (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD: "I've taken this for one month."

Amelia1905 August 23, 2015