User Reviews for Amphetamine / dextroamphetamine (Page 7)

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR

Learn more about Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine.

Narcolepsy 46 reviews 15 medications

8.9
Fatigue 24 reviews 0 medications

8.5
ADHD 401 reviews 36 medications

8.3
Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 471 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Fatigue: "I am 24, I have been on Adderall for 8 months. For tiredness, lack of motivation, introversion. It definitely helps in all of those. I enjoy being around people, I have the want to do projects & have initiative at work. Does really give me energy, just the want to not sleep and waste I could be spending doing something productive. However the side effects: grinding my teeth. Some of the ones give me horrible dry mouth. Significant weight loss, people keep telling me I look skeleton like. But the worst? Terrible mood swings. I just flip out. Completely irrationally. Horrid anxiety. I need to get off it, but I am afraid of loosing my job."

vm90 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 1, 2015

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I gave Adderall an 8 out of 10 because it is very effective, anyone who is narcoleptic (which is why I use this medicine) will stay awake completely. Depending on the dosage you can stay awake anywhere from 5 hours to even more than 12. The down side to this medicine, and let me be clear that it is just with my experience is that it can make you jittery and excited. It also gave me "false confidence" and just overall made me more outgoing than I usually. Also I found that the first time I used it it gave me quite a high, which I eventually got used to. After several days I started hallucinating things and got paranoid. There are definitely some psychological side effects even more than the ones that I've experienced. "

Seigfred (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2014

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I thought Nuvigil was good, but Adderall is amazing. It helps me feel almost human, again. Not only does Adderall keep me awake, but it clears up some of the mental fog caused by Narcolepsy. Cataplexy is also not as severe when I'm on Adderall. I can finally focus at work, I have enough energy to take care of myself and my family, and I'm doing so well at work that I got two raises in the last 3 months! The irony is that you have to be well-rested for it to work; otherwise, it does absolutely nothing. I have also started devoloping a tolerance so it starts to wear off after about 3-4 hours, but I take another dose and it gets me through the rest of the day."

WhiteBirch (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 17, 2014

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I've been taking Adderall XR 25mg going on my 4 month. It has helped me tremendously! I'm more focused and alert now. I don't feel as drawn out like I used too. I'm also on anxiety medicine taking both helps balance myself. I have a hard time wanting to eat since I've started taking Adderall, a lot of times I have to force myself to eat, but it has helped me lose 25 pounds!!! I find myself grinding my teeth a lot not sure why, but that's the worse side effect I experience from taking it. I feel more healthy now than I have in a long time, I will continue taking this medication."

Jojobabe11 December 9, 2014

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I love it, it helps me succeed in subjects/ work tasks that I have struggled with so much in the past which has affected my self esteem. I have been on it for 5 years. I take 20 mg twice a day, and feel a need to go up a bit for the dosage, it's been a while and doesn't feel as effective. "

LA4589 November 30, 2014

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "It makes you feel very energetic and makes you want to accomplish everything and it makes you very interested in stuff going on with yourself. It keeps you awake and very alert and you feel like you are on top of the world."

lwk9400 (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2014

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have been on everything from Concerta to Wellbutrin to Vyvanse. Next to Vyvanse, Adderall XR has been the most helpful. If I take it any later than noon, I will absolutely have insomnia. I also have to be careful about the foods I eat, and especially try to avoid my multi-vitamin in the morning (because of the citric acid). It doesn't decrease my appetite, sometimes I feel like it increases it, but it prevents me from binge-eating. I take 20mg Adderall XR with 25mg of Zoloft and though it helps with my OCD tendencies that Adderall is likely to cause, I don't think the combination works as well as Adderall XR by itself. I will also occasionally have heart palpitations, but that's usually a sign that I need to limit my coffee intake!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 13, 2014

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I knew I was different when I went to school. Being an only child I was very loved and cared for. I lived for the attention in kindergarten I knew I was not like everyone else it took me longer to learn things than others I wouldn't listen fully to instructions. I was so eager to please I fell over myself trying to prove things to be accepted I was outgoing and a class clown my mother always got notes home about me things like she doesn't sit still gets out of her seat talk talk talk I'm grown and my mother has passed away. My best friend therapist has shown me PTSD and ADHD, now I know who I am now."

Davelisa 9672 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 7, 2014

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "My 10 y/o daughter used this medication for several months. Was not as effective as a previous medication (Vyvanse). Did not last that long (effect wore off mid day) and caused her to have an increased heart rate daily. In addition, her entire mood changed. She became uninterested in even her favorite things, almost like a depression, and she also became extremely moody. Very irritable and easily aggitated and upset."

ChristineMh October 29, 2014

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "Worked very well but only downfall some days made me super anxious and jittery. Overall cant wait to get back on it for some energy."

copeyswife (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 30, 2014

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Helps me 100 time over to stay focused at work and home. I also seem alot more alert at home"

shrtybby (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 29, 2014

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "This pill definitely keeps me focused."

JackOreilly September 25, 2014

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Took XR but IR is a little heavy for me. Now I split my meds in half 5mg 2-3 times a day. Duration seems better than XR. I take lamictal as well. IR helps me get more done but I don't feel personally that the good outweigh the bad. I have reached a norm. Weight. I eat healthier I look healthier. And I take better care of my body. At first - dry skin slightly, hyper focused (my body did not know how to react) I smelT AWFUL at first! Haha I sweat it out ew! I can't find this side effect anywhere. It can take a toll if you don't take care of your body. Stay healthy."

Missme33 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 21, 2014

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "My 8 year old daughter has ADD, she is not really hyper, just has an attention deficit. We started her on Focalin, and that turned her into a clingy, bashful, quiet kid. I can't say if it really helped her in school; I never saw an improvement. Then we switched to Adderall 10mg XR this past summer, and she is doing well. SHE even told me she liked this medicine because she can focus now. She still needs us to keep an eye on her but she is much better than she was."

Jen P (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2014

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was 23 when I was diagnosed with ADHD. Started Adderall, I take 30 mg of SR a day and the difference is phenomenal! I get up with ease because I know I can tackle all tasks with astounding motivation and actually enjoy doing tedious work. I am co-morbid with anxiety, rumination, and I was highly neurotic. I found myself aggressive, quick tempered, and easily abusing marijuana and alcohol. This all changed with Adderall, I am rational, reflect on situations in a positive light, and generally just a more helpful and kind person. Adderall completely saved my professional and personal life. Side note, it can cause erectile dysfunction but it will go away after your body is used to the cycle."

the kid902 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 8, 2014

114 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For ADHD: "Very helpful in improving concentration and completing tasks."

Natsom (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 30, 2014

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "It works but I think it might be the effect from having extra energy so you do more things. It definitely helps with motivation and depression. Ironically it got rid of my anxiety as well."

Drew4890 August 27, 2014

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have been taking Adderall for two years and it has probably saved my life. I had been misdiagnosed as bi-polar with no co-morbid ADHD, and was prescribed benzodiazepines and anti-depressants. I eventually became suicidal when Abilify was added,and was lucky enough to have a moment of clarity and changed doctors and hospital affiliates. The week I was started on ADHD meds, I started to become the person I should be. I only wish I could have been diagnosed as a child, I feel I missed half my education. I can now focus all day, keep a train of thought long enough to finish mundane to complex tasks, and have written and recorded an album of music that had been completed but in disarray. No side effects, no weight loss or changes in eating habits."

Thankful OldGuy (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 20, 2014

116 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For ADHD: "I have been on Adderall(D-Amphetamine salts combo)and Adderall XR for 3 years (and other brands), starting at 10mgs and over time, due to tolerance, am on 20mgs regular, 20mgs XR, as well as 20mgs Dextroamphetamine ER (total of 60mgs\day). I must say that the few negative side effects did not last for me, so I eat normal and sleep well. Having figured out the correct dose combination for me has helped in so many ways. Now I can concentrate and complete things in a well organized way. The only issue I've had is the difference in the different brands. "

Dextin August 1, 2014

For ADHD: "I've been on this medication for years and without it I can't concentrate read or comprehend at all. If you honestly need this it does what it is Supposed to do. "

Herbert white July 25, 2014

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "This medicine has improved my life significantly allowing me to have significantly improved ability to concentrate on task at hand vs never completing a task but jumping from one to another. Unsure sadly though, may no longer be able to afford it. Insurance changed to only high deductible HSA. No other options."

I'm off the couch (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 21, 2014

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was diagnosed with ADHD as a kid because I was our typical class clown that didn't do anything in class. My parents took me to the doctor and I was prescribed Adderall and it did what is was suppose to but I absolutely hated because instead of playing at recess I would just read a book, so I quit taking it. Fast forward to freshmen year in college I was completely overwhelmed with school so I went back got tested and they put me on Vyvanse, it did the job but I was so mad when I was on it, they switched be to Adderall. It does exactly what it is supposed to do, make you productive. I went from a 3.0 to a 3.8 from this medicine. But make sure you eat, if you are on it your body will not tell you you're hungry."

chrishaw (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 16, 2014

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was prescribed Adderall XR for lack of focus and attention. After being on the medicine (10 mg) for 4 days I felt very confused and had trouble talking. I was stumbling over my words and second guessing myself. My appetite was altered (as expected) but I made sure I ate frequently. I also noticed I was very impulsive and short tempered, more than usually. I just wasn't my normal self on this medicine. I'm glad it has worked for many people, but it did not agree with me."

Tony V July 11, 2014

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Adderall has been a blessing to me. I take 30mg twice a day and my thinking has become so much more clear. I am now able to pay attention and absorb what is going on around me. I have had no negative side effects except for an occasional night where it might take me an extra 30 minutes to fall asleep. I still have a healthy appetite since taking Adderall. This medicine has made my life so much better."

Soulsaviver (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 8, 2014

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "Does not work well for me."

Anonymous July 7, 2014