User Reviews for Amphetamine / dextroamphetamine (Page 7)

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR

Learn more about Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine.

Narcolepsy 44 reviews 15 medications

8.8
ADHD 380 reviews 36 medications

8.4
Fatigue 19 reviews 0 medications

8.3
Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 443 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Should have started with Adderall at first. My eight year old son is doing good."

nikko34 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2014

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Having been recently diagnosed with ADD at the age of 31, I would have to say that stimulant therapy has been a God send! My doctor first prescribed Ritalin-SR, and I felt it was not as effective as it could be, so she changed my prescription to Adderall-XR 20 mg and I feel it is working. I feel more focused at work with better concentration. I don't procrastinate as often as I have (my entire life), but one unexpected result of the therapy is I no longer feel irritable and short-tempered! I also don't feel frustrated as much as I used too. My staff and co-workers have noticed the difference and have told me they don't feel the need to "walk on egg-shells" around me! So in summation, Adderall is certainly doing the trick!"

Brimanny (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2014

For ADHD: "When first taking this I experienced a surge of energy in the morning, with a feeling of euphoria that lasted for an hour or so. It was easy to concentrate on one task but very difficult to move from one task to another. After an adjustment in the tablet 15mg - twice a day to 10mg - three times a day I was able to function from morning through evening without the euphoria. It took more than a year to be able to complete a task and move onto another. Today, I have some tolerance but the change in behaviors (from negative to positive) has remained to the degree that I would not want to change medications."

MSWJOY (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 18, 2014

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "When I was diagnosed with ADHD in the 3rd grade they put me on Adderall and then I became a person I was not. I had social anxiety but got exceptionally good grades in school where others failed. Adderall changes your personality and was the worst 12 years of my life, I had no friends because engaging in conversation was nearly impossible. It traps your thoughts in a prison of your mind and suppresses any creativity. "

RyGuy v2 May 14, 2014

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for : "Just started. Feels geeky and doesn't last long. Need clorazepate and propanolol to calm down. Definite crash. But reduces fear and sleepiness and increases confidence and heart rate. 10 mg IR. Not sure will continue, nurse practitioner said call after 30 days."

Obsessivelycuriousstill May 6, 2014

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "Insurance didn't cover the Extended Release (XR) form, so I was taking multiple regular Adderall pills a day. It was pretty obvious that they worked, but over time, I developed a tolerance that made me need to take one every 2-3 hours, rather than the standard 4-6. Only side effect was feet so cold, they tingled."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) April 28, 2014

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I'm so much more focused at work and home. But I noticed, if I don't eat, I'm a space cadet. Eating is very important, otherwise you're just wasting a good medicine. I also have ALOT more energy, By Far! I work the overnight shift at work, and it helps very much. Thanks Adderall."

Gilmoregirl April 14, 2014

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "It makes a huge difference in my day! I hate having to take something everyday to stay awake and alert but better then living in the fog I was in the past 8 years of my life (6 of which I didn't even notice they were side effects of something bigger haha.) Things you may notice while taking Adderall with narcolepsy, 1.You are stop being a shut in 2. You actually start calling your friends to do something instead of getting harassed till you finally cave and do something. 3. You're better at work and all of a sudden care about your job. 4. You are grinding your jaw. 5. Stop grinding your jaw. and finally 6. Work with your doctor for the right dosage! There will be a bit of dancing between cracked out and half asleep till you find it."

AwakeWill April 14, 2014

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "It's great grades came up from straight F's to B & C's."

G money March 13, 2014

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I always knew I was different from everyone else. I was very quiet and shy. But in my mind I couldn't shut up. My mind was loud. In class I could never stop fidgeting, playing with my hair, scratching an itch, doodling on notebooks. I wondered why nobody else squirmed around like me. At 24 I was diagnosed with ADD. Adderall is life changing. I'm finally normal. I feel like everyone else. My mind is at ease. I am in charge of my thoughts. I can have genuine conversations with people without my mind wondering. I am finally happy after years of struggles. I am organized and more peaceful. "

2nd chance at life March 10, 2014

174 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Adderall XR has been amazing for me. I was diagnosed with ADHD at age 5, and was on and off of stimulants since original diagnosis. As a kid I would go through bouts of taking it and bouts of pretending to take it. I tried to be unmedicated as an adult, but that only produced anxiety, likely due to my naturally occurring rapid thought processing and tendency to fail to complete projects (distracted by new thoughts). My quality of life is significantly better when I take Adderall and I see no shame to be had in that. I experience dry mouth fairly often, but overall it is amazing and totally worth it. I am however nervous about facing pregnancy without it, as well as breast feeding. This medicine really makes a difference in my life."

Ana<3 February 20, 2014

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Very effective in treating ADHD."

streetdoc85 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 18, 2014

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have been taking it for several years. There was a time about a year ago when all the Pharmacies could not get any and I went about a month without. Being a Service Advisor, I deal with a lot of numbers (Vin, License Plates, etc.). After a few days without, I started reversing a lot of the numbers. I would see the correct order but would say out loud or write down a reversed version. I had to go slower and double check what I had written. A positive side effect is it gets me off the couch on the day(s) I have off and motivates me to get stuff done around the house that needs to be done. It kept me up at night at first, but after awhile, I learned not to take it too late in the day. I would recommend it to anyone who has ADHD. "

Anonymous January 28, 2014

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "It was like a light bulb went on in my brain."

simbo January 25, 2014

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For ADHD: "I am a 56 year old mom of 5 children. Three of my sons had ADHD in varying degrees growing up. As a child, I too suffered with the same symptoms. I just didn't know what it was. I started taking Adderall XR a month ago and it feels like someone flipped a switch and I feel for the first time, like a "normal" person. I also take Prozac (80mg) and both have changed my life. No side effects. None! I take 40mg of the Adderall XR in the morning. Best thing I have done for myself!"

dimach January 23, 2014

For ADHD: "My 14 yr old son takes this medication for ADHD. He had bad side effects from Ritalin and so his Psychiatrist put him on dextroamphetamine extended release, 10mg/day. The difference was amazing! No side effects at all and his grades went from C's to A's in two months time. He is calmer, more interested in learning, and his overall attitude has vastly improved. His teachers noticed the difference immediately. I wish I had known about this medication when his sister was dealing with severe ADHD. I highly recommend this treatment, in contest with real life changes, such as making sure kids with ADHD have enough stimulation (tablet, laptop, sports, etc.) and always remember ADHD kids need very short term punishments instead of normal ones."

jenissa (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 22, 2014

For Fatigue: "I have dealt with depression, on and off, for most of my life. I have depression that is heavily marked by fatigue and is very resistant to SSRI's. In fact, SSRI's have never done anything at all for me. Upon switching to an every other day dose of 30mg/day of Dextroamphetamine, I found the depression subsided immediately. I was no longer fatigued at all. Of course, I have more energy on the days I take the medication, but I don't feel overly tired at all on the other days either. On this medication I am able to think clearly and deal with the normal stresses of life. I do not recommend eating before, or for several hours after, taking this. I would highly recommend it for anyone who has little to no success with SSRI's or a lot of fatigue."

jenissa (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2014

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "As a 16 year old junior in highschool, I never seemed to really notice how much I didn't pay attention to things that didn't interest me. As my family and friends have been saying how important getting good grades in junior year is, I thought deeply about it and found out that maybe I just don't care. Although it wasn't that, I really do care, but I just never wanted to sit down and do the homework. Because it's not interesting, even though I know how important it is. I eventually brought this to my mothers attention and she even noticed it for awhile, that maybe I have ADD. Eventually we went to a special Dr, he concluded I have mild/moderate ADD, started me on 15mg last month, didn't last all school day, and today i just picked up my 25mg"

Matt Kazmir (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2014

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Been on it for five months. At first, didn't notice any change. Now I find myself daydreaming less. Concentration hasn't improved much, but I'm less impulsive and think things through more than I used to. Instead of having thousands of thoughts at once, I now only have hundreds. I like it it helps me."

Zephead January 11, 2014

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "This medicine is amazing. I took it about 5 hours ago and still going strong."

LongDongJohn (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2013

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I was first prescribed Adderall XR 15mg in 2009. I was so fatigued that I was falling asleep driving to work. This medication helped immediately; I took it first thing in the morning, and it would give me a burst of energy. All of a sudden I was able to focus, and I stayed calm and rational amidst the craziest chaos at work. I absolutely loved the way I was when I took Adderall. I always took a break from it on weekends to prevent my body from building a tolerance too soon. That it would happen I had no doubt about; but I wanted to enjoy it as long as possible. (If you know the movie "Limitless", then you know what I'm talking about). I was still me, just better. Alas, I had to up my dosage to get the same effect. Now at 60mg."

Elakshi (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 22, 2013

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Lost about 60 pounds, was a bit concerned, and I had to force myself to eat sometimes."

SamIAm420 (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 21, 2013

For Fatigue: "Found that the medication (Adderall) has improved my ability to collect, process, and retrieve information from memory via hippocampus/PFC too. Less prone to act out, finding myself, actually, more polite. Less distracted, more empathetic, and tend to weigh long term & short term goals and the risk vs. benefit that comes along with such decision making. It is a superb med for improving one's executive functions within the brain. The medicine affects both CNS & PNS; thus, the medicine needs be used with caution and, in some cases, infrequently as not to burn out one's D2 among other receptor sites. It works for me."

Nootropic X (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 2, 2013

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I've taken Adderall for 2 years. The first 6 months, worked very well. Balanced me out, kept me focused & side effects were minimal. But, the efficiency of Adderall has really gone down in my experience. I often find myself hyper focusing on things I don't need to & the side effects have gotten much worse. Insomnia, horrible dry mouth (= more cavities), I get antsy & shaky at times & I also feel I've become dependent on it. Next doctors appointment, I will be asking to switch out to something else. Its a good medicine at first, but understand that many of the great reviews are likely written by newer Adderall users."

pnj89 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 25, 2013

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Keeps you focused. However when it wears off I can't sleep till 6 hours later."

emie_13 November 21, 2013