User Reviews for Amoxicillin (Page 11)

Also known as: Amoxil, Apo-Amoxi

Sinusitis 5.1
Summary of Amoxicillin reviews 6.4 278 reviews

Reviews for Amoxicillin

Anonymous November 6, 2009

Amoxil (amoxicillin) for Sinusitis: “No side effects!”

Anonymous October 23, 2009

For Sinusitis: “Medication is fantastic and cleared up sinus infection by the next day. Side effect - My belly ached for days.”

jared_pipher October 20, 2009

For Dental Abscess: “My dentist prescribed some amoxicillin after tooth extraction, supposedly to prevent infection. The diarrhea after 3 days was bad enough to stop taking this medicine. Well, since no sign of infection was present or ever present and I needed to spend time outside of a bathroom anyway. That 3-day love affair was it for me and Amoxicillin. Despite the literatures' claims that ALL antimicrobials cause diarrhea, this is the first one that actually caused it for me. I think I'm going to claim an allergy to this one from now on.”

Anonymous October 19, 2009

For Dental Abscess: “Although my dentist and doctor both agreed that I could take amoxicillin at the same time as Bactrim, I ended up with terrible spasms and diarrhea.”

MonBon October 12, 2009

For Bacterial Infection: “I had a throat infections with white dots and puss at the back of my throat. It was even hard to swallow my own saliva. I went to after hours and was prescribed this drug. After 5 days, I noticed improvement. It wasn't as painful anymore. So it did work. I was to take this medication for 10 days, but on the 8th day I was experiencing side effects such as hives all over my cheeks and chest. As well, as swelling underneath my tongue.”

Anonymous September 24, 2009

For Bacterial Infection: “Used it with Motrin for my strep throat. Worked pretty well just took a long time.”

Anonymous September 1, 2009

For Bacterial Infection: “I was in agonizing pain with my tooth abscess, so the dentist prescribed me this. In 5 days I am almost totally painless.”

lanikkie August 11, 2009

For Bacterial Infection: “My tooth wasn't painful when I started this, but after 4 days in I started having diarrhea. I took the last pill yesterday, had to go 3 times and 2 times today, also had stomach ache. I'm hoping it will go away.”

Anonymous July 22, 2009

For Bacterial Infection: “I have an tooth infection. Have been taking amoxicillin since last Friday and today is Wednesday and I still need pain pill.”

Hilander June 4, 2009

For Sinusitis: “I had previously been on a 10-day cycle of Cefuroxime to battle an annoying nasal infection with post-nasal drip. The Cefuroxime didn't really work and the infection came back. This time a different doctor at the clinic prescribed amoxicillin and on the second day, it's gone. Just like that.”

Christina Northrop May 4, 2009

For Bacterial Infection: “I've got a large abscess in my gum. I was prescribed amoxicillin 500mg, but it has not helped one bit. I've got my tongue, lip and belly button pierced, hard lumps started forming next to the piercings, making them uncomfortable to wear jewelery in. I had to take them out. My mood has changed, I have become unusually irate and depressed. The medication also smells very strong, and very weird.”

Anonymous April 3, 2009

For Bacterial Infection: “I often get sinus infections and they clear up fast with amoxicillin.”

Ronchi March 29, 2009

For Pneumonia: “Marked improvement of lung congestion after 24 hours.”

Anonymous February 22, 2009

For Sinusitis: “Cleared up the infection in a few days.”

Sinuhe69 February 15, 2009

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: “Normally the drug of choice for tonsillitis. I have had chronic tonsillitis for few years and each time only this antibiotic can help. The symptom relief comes relatively slowly (after 2-3 days) compared to just 1 day after taking macrolide antibiotics (Clarithomycin, Spiramycin, Azithromycin, etc). But in my case, treatment with amoxicillin prolongs the time to next out-break significantly.”

Anonymous February 11, 2009

For Bacterial Infection: “This medicine was given to me to treat unknown swelling in the brain. It worked.”

Anonymous February 11, 2009

For Bacterial Infection: “Works every time!”

Soricel February 3, 2009

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: “I was prescribed this medication for strep throat yesterday morning. Five doses in (25 to go), I'm already feeling much better.”

Anonymous January 31, 2009

“I get this for my sinus and throat infections and it works nicely. It is cheap and works fine.”

alibongo October 2, 2008

For Bacterial Infection: “I was awake with a rampant earache and crying with the pain. Went to my emergency doctor who gave me amoxicillin 500mg. I was told I had an infection in both ears. Amoxicillin cleared it up and I felt so much better and got a good nights sleep.”

KingItchy September 3, 2008

For Bacterial Infection: “I used this med to clear up a staph infection, worked quite nicely.”

sweetaims2 August 20, 2008

For Bacterial Infection: “I used this for getting rid of an abcess on my gums caused from a broken tooth. The issue seems to be a thing of the past. I am healed. The only thing is that it gave me a yeast infection. Other than that, took it as directed and am good as new.”

Anonymous June 24, 2008

For Bladder Infection: “Great.”

Anonymous June 23, 2008

For Bacterial Infection: “Excellent for many types of bacterial infections.”

mitcore June 5, 2008

Amoxil (amoxicillin) for Bacterial Infection: “Excellent. The best antibiotic. My children respond well and it works fast.”