User Reviews for Amoxicillin (Page 10)

Also known as: Amoxil, Apo-Amoxi

Sinusitis 5.1
Summary of Amoxicillin reviews 6.4 278 reviews

Reviews for Amoxicillin

vijay4151 · Taken for less than 1 month August 12, 2012

For Pneumonia: “It causes side effects like headache, nausea.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 17, 2012

“I have used this website numerous times and found it to be very helpful. The description is exact and reassures me that I have the right prescription even though the manufacturer may have changed.”

Anonymous June 19, 2012

For Otitis Media: “Although the swelling in my ear has gone down greatly, I'm four days into treatment and still in pain and my ear will not drain even though I can feel the fluid. This medicine is making me feel VERY ill. Nauseous, dizzy, loopy and very anxious. ”

Anonymous May 15, 2012

For Bacterial Infection: “No side effects at all and no infections either!”

Anonymous April 14, 2012

Amoxil (amoxicillin) for Bladder Infection: “I started feeling better within a half of a day. This was good because I had been suffering for 6 days trying to get into the doctor. I feel much better now with no side effects. I had a terrible reaction in the past to Cipro so I was happy to try another medicine that worked better for me.”

Anonymous March 16, 2012

For Bronchitis: “Not very effective against my case of acute bronchitis. After 10 days, with little improvement, I was switched to Bactrim. Will report on Bactrim's effectiveness after I have been on it for the prescribed time.”

Sara86 March 2, 2012

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: “Caused severe vomiting, stomach upset, and diarrhea. Unfortunately, I was unable to finish the full course.”

Anonymous February 14, 2012

Amoxil (amoxicillin) for Urinary Tract Infection: “This worked wonders!”

Maggie k December 19, 2011

For Dental Abscess: “After one capsule, I had indigestion, and itching. Does not agree with me.”

Anonymous September 5, 2011

For Urinary Tract Infection: “Very quick and effective.”

Anonymous August 6, 2011

Amoxil (amoxicillin) for Sinusitis: “I'd taken Amoxil before and had no reaction to it, but apparently you can develop an allergic reaction to this medicine. The doctor prescribed this along with a new allergy medicine so it took about three days before the allergy medicine couldn't fight off the reaction that I (up until that point) didn't realize I was having to Amoxil. It started with swollen spots in the back of my throat before I went to bed. My roommates mother is a nurse and told me to take extra Benadryl which is probably what saved me because by 4am I had to go to the emergency room because my throat was swelling closed and I only had a small airway left. The good thing was that this reaction took place over several hours and could EASILY be treated.”

Dorie Dee July 10, 2011

For Bacterial Infection: “Had been having severe pains on both sides of my neck and went in to see my Primary Physician. He felt my neck glands and they were swollen and the pain was severe. Also ran a low grade temp. Prescribed Amoxicllin 500mg twice a day for 10 days. The Pain has subsided and so has the fever. No side effects, except a little fuzzy headed and lethargic. Have two more days to complete the therapy, even though I feel so much better. Would tell anyone with a fever and infection to go along with Amoxicillin.”

Anonymous July 8, 2011

For Bacterial Infection: “I started taking Amoxicillin for an inner ear infection. It knocked the pain and tenderness out pretty quick, but after just a couple of days of taking it, I started having trouble breathing. No matter how many times I yawn or try to take a deep breath, it doesn't work. It's like I can't get enough oxygen. It's been frustrating feeling like I can't catch my breath, and has made it difficult to get to sleep. But at least my ear infection is better!”

sandychrome May 15, 2011

For Bacterial Infection: “I was diagnosed with H. pylori and Peptic Ulcers. I was given this in addition to other medicines. Had minor side effects such as mild abdominal cramping and diarrhea during the early doses. Best tolerated with food. Didn't stop any of my day to day activities, still attended school.”

Nice Kilt April 12, 2011

For Otitis Media: “Perforation in my right tympanic membrane (eardrum) from a lingering upper respiratory infection causing inner ear infection. Given amoxicillin and Vicodin. Vicodin did not touch the pain. Had to lay my head on a heating pad. The amoxicillin kicked in on the second day, and the pain lessened gradually. I would rather have ten babies in a row than another ear infection. I haven't noticed any side effects from the amoxicillin yet.”

Anonymous January 5, 2011

For Bronchitis: “Towards the end of the medication I was fine.”

Dr Munro September 4, 2010

Amoxil (amoxicillin) for Bacterial Infection: “Excellent for Ear infection in kids.”

nick156e May 24, 2010

“The most common side effects of Amoxicillin include nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, rash and itching. Among the rarer and more dangerous Amoxil side effects that might be observed are included blood disorders and inflammation of the large intestine. As long as the doctor prescribed dosage of Amoxil is followed, the chances of adverse symptoms appearing are very less. Amoxicillin is generally a very safe medication. ”

KISSY46 April 16, 2010

For Urinary Tract Infection: “I have always used amoxicillin it for my frequent urinary tract infection's. It works in 4 or 5 days, although I take it for a 10 day run. I take two 250mg caps twice a day. I have never had any problems. Works great, if your aren't allergic to any of the penicillin type drugs.”

Anonymous March 14, 2010

For Bacterial Infection: “Very serious side effects can happen like hives or loss of breath.”

Anonymous January 22, 2010

For Sinusitis: “While it began to work quickly, after 4 doses, I spent the night vomiting every couple of hours and the next day recovering from the side effects. Getting a prescription for something else with fingers crossed that I don't have the same effects.”

marleii January 19, 2010

Amoxil (amoxicillin) for Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: “This medication was very effective in clearing the severe acne.”

Otto1 January 4, 2010

For Dental Abscess: “For me it causes severe cramping pains on both sides of my lower abdomen extending downward to the back of the thighs. It has a colitis like symptom, and it is very painful.”

englishman December 14, 2009

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: “I took this medicine and had all the severe reactions listed. I found the Medication was a little slow at working as normally it is around 2-3 days before you feel better on most and I took the course for 5 days before having to give up because of the side effects and allergy to the medicines.”

Anonymous November 19, 2009

Amoxil (amoxicillin) for Bronchitis: “I took a full week of Amoxil for bronchitis, with not much relief. I am now taking another antibiotic.”