User Reviews for Xanax (Page 11)

Learn more about Xanax.

Panic Disorder 145 reviews 19 medications

9.1
Anxiety 342 reviews 63 medications

Depression 63 reviews 80 medications

8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 550 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Xanax

For Panic Disorder "Xanax is a lifesaver for me! I am 40 years old, diagnosed with Panic Disorder with agoraphobia, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, and Depression. It all started when I was about 13 or 14 years old. To make a long story short, every other medicine I took, either didn't work, or made me gain a ton of weight (SSRI's). I am currently weaning myself off of Zoloft from 200 mgs. since it doesn't seem to be working any more (down to 100 mgs at the moment). I plan on just taking Xanax alone when I'm off of the Zoloft. It is the ONLY medicine that relieves ALL of my symptoms. I will see my doc tomorrow to discuss what dosage I should take after going off of Zoloft completely, because I do take both right now. I'm just tired of being fat from all these SSRI's!"

Fox7 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 3, 2013

For Depression "I have been taking 0.5mg, 1 at night for 8 yrs. I get 30 for a months supply. It has been a miracle for me & my depression. I have tried all antidepressants which only make me feel worse & even suicidal. Xanax is a life saver for me. My doctor now wants me to start again with a antidepressant. I will not I think he wants to wean me off Xanax because of all the negative addictive effects. "

sunny002 March 28, 2013

143 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I am about to turn 50 and my life of anxiety has been a recent and unpleasant downward spiral. I ended up in the emergency room twice with soaring blood pressure, flushing and heart palpitations plus overwhelming feelings of panic. I live daily with either anxiety or small panic attacks, they are debilitating and have affected my ability to continue work on my degree. After my last ER visit a doc felt I was having panic attacks and directed me to seek help at a Mental Health Clinic. I've tried several anti-depressants and I have not tolerated them well. Xanax (0.5 mg) has gotten me through many a day and night and I prefer this medication over all the others. It decreases the anxiety very quickly and helps to maintain a sense of normality."

StudentBVU (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 6, 2013

150 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Relaxed and calm"

Zanni (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2013

For Anxiety "Xanax has been a life saver! Just recently had a heart attack and had my 4th stent put in. Was still having chest pains which obviously scare me when I have them. The tricky part is separating the chest pains from anxiety which I have been diagnosed with. What a vicious cycle!"

brydman01 February 25, 2013

For Anxiety "I was 19 years old when my family doctor prescribed me Xanax 0.25mg. for my stress and anxiety from work and life at the time. I'm 43 now I only take it when I'm under a lot of stress or when my anxiety level goes up in any situation in my life. At the same time when I'm stressed out I go walking and running because it helps too. I wouldn't know what I would do if I didn't have Xanax to help me."

Xanax is a life saver. (taken for 10 years or more) February 23, 2013

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "If you want absolutely zero anxiety then Xanax/alprazolam are very helpful."

jhbb February 20, 2013

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I've tried Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, and many more anti-depresents and none of them worked for my severe anxiety, social anxiety, panic attacks, and post traumatic stress disorder. I struggle with Panic attacks on a daily basis but Xanax has helped me so much and I've come a long way. Panic attacks are one of the worsts conditions to have."

chandlaaz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 20, 2013

112 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "4 years ago I had my first panic attack/anxiety. Had hyperventilation and end up in the ER. My doctor prescribed 0.025mg of Xanax. I took the medicine as required. I wasn't able to drive and do anything out by myself. I was afraid and worried of being alone. I always fear that it would happen again. My thoughts are always what if...Anxiety was taking over my life. I was able to control it for 2 years. Just this month I recently panicked for no reason. My dr. put me on this just in case I have a full blown anxiety...but the downside to this medicine is it makes me really sleepy and tired. But it does works!"

GeeMigs (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2013

For Anxiety "I have taken Xanax on and off for 18 years and I would say it has been a lifesaver for me. I have episodes of anxiety, nothing earth shattering, but debilitating non-the-less. Xanax has helped smooth those times over and make life manageable. This is a wonderful medicine!"

Xinu January 28, 2013

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Tinnitus "Tinnitus, very loud and lasts all day and night. Couldn't sleep until I used Xanax and it worked great!"

Lyndalyn January 21, 2013

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Excellent. It helps my anxiety tremendously and takes care of my panic attacks promptly. I highly recommend it. If you take it as prescribed you will not get addicted. I have been taking it for ten years. It also helps with my high blood pressure and tachycardia."

preocupada (taken for 10 years or more) January 17, 2013

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Great for panic disorder."

alex tham (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 16, 2013

For Anxiety "I'm 23 about to be 24 , and I've taken Xanax for going on 9 years. For my panic attacks/anxiety mainly. I absolutely love this medicine. I find myself "extra friendly" sometimes, but better than being a grouch or hiding from my own shadow. I take anywhere from 1mg to 1 1/2mg per day."

reefers January 15, 2013

For Anxiety "I suffer from anxiety/ panic attacks as well as live a somewhat stressful life style. Xanax has been my life saver and has been a tremendous aide in allowing me to continue to function in life on a daily basis. Truly a blessing in my life 100%."

hyetxcat (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2013

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Xanax helps me cope with life. I live a pore life it gives me the nerve to do things I wouldn't do."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 8, 2012

For Anxiety "I thank Xanax for making me a better mom. I was mean to everyone around me and I took the motto "this is who I am" to heart. It was not until my mother died after having my third child that I actually realized my angry childhood and anger in this world was not to blame on any one but my own feelings. After taking Xanax and some therapy, I am a new person. I would not be able to live without it. I do not abuse it. I only take the amount prescribed by my doctor and no more. I also take Paxil which helped me a lot as well, but without the Xanax, I would not be living. Participating with my life and most of all my children. I read to them now we go on picnics and wilderness hikes. I love my life, now!"

charlennea (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 7, 2012

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Good."

mike1234ab12 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 6, 2012

For Depression "Works good for some anxiety but it caused me to be tired and sleepy. I slept a lot while on this and was still depressed."

PurpleBondGirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 6, 2012

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I am prescribed 45 2MG Tablets a month (brand name) I take a half 3 times a day, and am also prescribed 90 1mg Klonopin a month - morning, afternoon and night. While the Klonopin seems to aid in keeping the panic/anxiety at bay and keeping me calm and relaxed, the Xanax is the real 1-2 punch to panic attacks and anxiety; it takes all my sadness and depression away and allows me to think about all the amazing things I am working on NOT as a chore or as work, but as creative idea. Being prescribed 2 Benzo's is 'odd' practice like Klonopin 3 times a day with a fast acting Xanax. "

AlprazolamWizard November 30, 2012

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "A God send for my untreatable insomnia. Only side effect that prevents me from taking it more often is the testosterone suppressing effect. I spend a lot of time working out and eating right and noticed my strength and body composition, took a very noticeable nose dive a few months after starting on it. I have used 1-2 mg nightly for almost a year. On the plus side, it has helped me get the deep restorative sleep I struggle to get."

Just an average dude (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 28, 2012

For Depression "I fill better, I can go on with my life."

nanny1950 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 15, 2012

For Depression "This is the only one I feel safe taking. I'm prescribed 0.25mg 2x a day or as needed. I took Zoloft, Wellbutrin,Seroquel, etc. Felt horrible coming off all of these. With Xanax I feel like I can take it when I need it and put it down the next day if I don't. Unlike the other antidepressants that cause brain zaps or worse side effects, feelings of a rollercoaster coming down."

Stacey M&M November 14, 2012

128 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "My panic lasted all day, it came on after 2 months of being unemployed for the 1st time in my life. I could not function, I was always thinking negative, scared, hot and cold flashes and could eat. Just over 2 years ago I went through bankruptcy and lost just about everything my wife and I worked for all are life including our home. I was put in the hospitals mental ward for 17 days, no medicines worked. As a last resort I under went electroconvulsive therapy and it worked. This time as mentioned I was given Xanax and within 20 minutes I was back to normal after almost a month of feeling worthless. This medicine has saved my life and now I can function again. I take a half mg in the morning and another half mg around evening."

Pkilian October 26, 2012

For Anxiety "This medicine has saved my life in my own opinion. I suffered from severe panic attacks and thought that I was going crazy prior to being diagnosed with my conditions. Now I feel like I can lead a normal life. I am able to work a full time job that is extremely stressful at times and not worry about going into a panic attack. I no longer have trouble losing my breath when I do get upset and this medicine has made a tremedious difference in my every day life."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) October 8, 2012