User Reviews for Xanax (Page 10)

Learn more about Xanax.

Panic Disorder 133 reviews 19 medications

9.2
Anxiety 324 reviews 63 medications

Depression 59 reviews 78 medications

8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 516 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Xanax

For Tinnitus "Tinnitus, very loud and lasts all day and night. Couldn't sleep until I used Xanax and it worked great!"

Lyndalyn January 21, 2013

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Excellent. It helps my anxiety tremendously and takes care of my panic attacks promptly. I highly recommend it. If you take it as prescribed you will not get addicted. I have been taking it for ten years. It also helps with my high blood pressure and tachycardia."

preocupada (taken for 10 years or more) January 17, 2013

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Great for panic disorder."

alex tham (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 16, 2013

For Anxiety "I'm 23 about to be 24 , and I've taken Xanax for going on 9 years. For my panic attacks/anxiety mainly. I absolutely love this medicine. I find myself "extra friendly" sometimes, but better than being a grouch or hiding from my own shadow. I take anywhere from 1mg to 1 1/2mg per day."

reefers January 15, 2013

For Anxiety "I suffer from anxiety/ panic attacks as well as live a somewhat stressful life style. Xanax has been my life saver and has been a tremendous aide in allowing me to continue to function in life on a daily basis. Truly a blessing in my life 100%."

hyetxcat (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2013

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Xanax helps me cope with life. I live a pore life it gives me the nerve to do things I wouldn't do."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 8, 2012

For Anxiety "I thank Xanax for making me a better mom. I was mean to everyone around me and I took the motto "this is who I am" to heart. It was not until my mother died after having my third child that I actually realized my angry childhood and anger in this world was not to blame on any one but my own feelings. After taking Xanax and some therapy, I am a new person. I would not be able to live without it. I do not abuse it. I only take the amount prescribed by my doctor and no more. I also take Paxil which helped me a lot as well, but without the Xanax, I would not be living. Participating with my life and most of all my children. I read to them now we go on picnics and wilderness hikes. I love my life, now!"

charlennea (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 7, 2012

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Good."

mike1234ab12 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 6, 2012

For Depression "Works good for some anxiety but it caused me to be tired and sleepy. I slept a lot while on this and was still depressed."

PurpleBondGirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 6, 2012

For Depression "I am prescribed 45 2MG Tablets a month (brand name) I take a half 3 times a day, and am also prescribed 90 1mg Klonopin a month - morning, afternoon and night. While the Klonopin seems to aid in keeping the panic/anxiety at bay and keeping me calm and relaxed, the Xanax is the real 1-2 punch to panic attacks and anxiety; it takes all my sadness and depression away and allows me to think about all the amazing things I am working on NOT as a chore or as work, but as creative idea. Being prescribed 2 Benzo's is 'odd' practice like Klonopin 3 times a day with a fast acting Xanax. "

AlprazolamWizard November 30, 2012

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "A God send for my untreatable insomnia. Only side effect that prevents me from taking it more often is the testosterone suppressing effect. I spend a lot of time working out and eating right and noticed my strength and body composition, took a very noticeable nose dive a few months after starting on it. I have used 1-2 mg nightly for almost a year. On the plus side, it has helped me get the deep restorative sleep I struggle to get."

Just an average dude (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 28, 2012

For Depression "I fill better, I can go on with my life."

nanny1950 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 15, 2012

110 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "This is the only one I feel safe taking. I'm prescribed 0.25mg 2x a day or as needed. I took Zoloft, Wellbutrin,Seroquel, etc. Felt horrible coming off all of these. With Xanax I feel like I can take it when I need it and put it down the next day if I don't. Unlike the other antidepressants that cause brain zaps or worse side effects, feelings of a rollercoaster coming down."

Stacey M&M November 14, 2012

125 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "My panic lasted all day, it came on after 2 months of being unemployed for the 1st time in my life. I could not function, I was always thinking negative, scared, hot and cold flashes and could eat. Just over 2 years ago I went through bankruptcy and lost just about everything my wife and I worked for all are life including our home. I was put in the hospitals mental ward for 17 days, no medicines worked. As a last resort I under went electroconvulsive therapy and it worked. This time as mentioned I was given Xanax and within 20 minutes I was back to normal after almost a month of feeling worthless. This medicine has saved my life and now I can function again. I take a half mg in the morning and another half mg around evening."

Pkilian October 26, 2012

For Anxiety "This medicine has saved my life in my own opinion. I suffered from severe panic attacks and thought that I was going crazy prior to being diagnosed with my conditions. Now I feel like I can lead a normal life. I am able to work a full time job that is extremely stressful at times and not worry about going into a panic attack. I no longer have trouble losing my breath when I do get upset and this medicine has made a tremedious difference in my every day life."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) October 8, 2012

For Anxiety "Unbelieveable. I thought I was living a normal life, until my doctor prescribed it for me the first time. It has been a miracle for me."

fiasco September 29, 2012

For Depression "I am prescribed to take two 0.5 Xanax a day but in reality I only take it when I am having a panic attack or feeling very tense or unhappy. It works better for anxiety and tension then it does depression as far as I can tell, but then again I don't take it consistently. "

SaraxoJDqt (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2012

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I have gone up and down on my dosage with my Xanax. When it's just my anxiety I do well on 3.5 mg a day. When I have my panic attacks with agoraphobia I would love to go higher but my psychiatrist will only let me go as high as 4 mg. It really does help. I have gone down to 2 mg when I am doing better. I have Bipolar 1 disorder, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Social anxiety, general anxiety, panic attacks with agoraphobia, Obsessive Complusive Disorder, anorexia, binge eating, depression. SO I am on several medications. Xanax has been a huge help in my disorders. It has helped several of them. "

jenngup (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 26, 2012

For Anxiety "Wonderful to control anxiety, as well as panic disorder."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 21, 2012

For Tinnitus "I was taking 3mg per day at equal intervals. I tried to stop completely, and the noise came roaring back. So, I went back on 3mg per day, and the noise is reduced by 50% or more, with minimal side effects so far."

tjsnowymanbird (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 19, 2012

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Happy and free of anxiety."

tort (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2012

For Panic Disorder "As many people stated, Xanax has given me my life back, (Along side Paxil). When I had severe, severe anxiety, I took half a Xanax daily, but now that I'm thankfully a million times better. I only take it once in a blue moon when I feel like I need it, and take a quarter of a pill. This is amazing."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 13, 2012

For Anxiety "I've been tormented by anxiety since childhood. I am 24 years old and have been through a lot in my life. I've been diagnosed with depression, bipolar disorder and anxiety, panic attacks, ADD. I've been medicated most my life as well. My anxiety got so bad in high school that I had to be home schooled. I wake up in the morning feeling like my heart will explode for no apparent reason. I get intense irrational fear and intense impulses to harm myself because I just can't take it and get frustrated I start throwing and breaking things I can't stand to be alone a lot of the time. Xanax works fast and calms me down without knocking me out. Depending on the severity of my attacks I take up to 2 mg. No less than 0.5-1mg."

I'm not crazy (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 12, 2012

For Anxiety "Xanax has been a great thing for me. I was very scared to take it in the beginning because I had no idea how I was going to feel but it really calmed me down after two weeks of thinking I was going crazy or dying. I had never experienced anything like this before but I had to get a blood transfusion for my anemia and all hell broke through. My doctor gave me 0.025 and I only take 1/4 of that I Break it in 4's I don't want to go to sleep just take the edge off so my advice to anyone that has to take this even if you have a higher dose just take 1/4 of it until you see how it will respond to your body I hope I could be a help to someone."

Misskenya511 August 5, 2012

For Panic Disorder "I was suffering from nocturnal anxiety attacks for several months, but Xanax helps me get a good night's rest most of the time. 0.5 mg gets me to sleep, but 1 mg knocks me out for the whole night. I do not find that I wake up groggy or experience any other side effects, although I am wary about withdrawal symptoms. It's a great medicine overall though!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 31, 2012