User Reviews for Albuterol

Also known as: Ventolin HFA, ProAir HFA, Ventolin, Proventil HFA, ProAir RespiClick, AccuNeb, ProAir Digihaler Vospire ER

Asthma, acute 2.7
Bronchospasm Prophylaxis 2.7
Summary of Albuterol reviews 3.2 272 reviews

Reviews for Albuterol

Treebird · Taken for less than 1 month August 4, 2020

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “This pro air HFA is garbage. I have RA so I can’t get the lid off myself and I can’t compress it to use as it is for a very small hand. Those of us with useless hands are not compatible with this. It also costs more than my regular Ventolin inhaler.”

Rosie · Taken for less than 1 month August 3, 2020

For COPD, Acute: “The new inhaler from perrigo is terrible. I have used 2 of the 3 I received and both have failed. The first didn’t work at all. Push to use, but it wouldn’t work. The second worked briefly, then stopped. The taste was bad, the amount coming out did not seem like it was a full does. Overall this inhaler is awful.”

Anonymous August 2, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “The new holder for this medicine does not work well at all. I've been using this medicine for years and I have never had such a problem with the plastic holder. I am hoping this company will do something about this problem. I am wasting medicine, I have had to clean the holder every other day, please change this holder.”

Anonymous July 30, 2020

For Asthma, acute: “A few months ago the pharmacy started giving me the Perrigo Albuterol inhaler instead of the ventolin. The first one would not dispense properly and I needed to rely on my nebulizer for relief. I purchased a second one and it was just as bad. It is also VERY difficult to dispense and clean. I called the company and they had the pharmacy replace the two I purchased with 2 ventolin inhalers. With my most recent refill they gave me another Perrigo and it is just as bad. Someone could die if they had to rely on this for a bad attack. I’m just lucky I have a nebulizer available”

Wheezy in the City · Taken for 10 years or more July 29, 2020

For Asthma, acute: “I call this the rocketship inhaler, and it is the worst inhaler I have ever owned (my asthma has been a nuisance for 37 years, so I know inhalers). The medicine tastes like onions, and it does not relieve my severe asthma very well. During attacks, I need 4 to 5 puffs of this inhaler whereas, with a real ProAir, I may need only two puffs and sometimes will clear with just one puff. A real ProAir also keeps me symptom-free much much longer. Yes, it is nice to save money, but saving doesn't matter to me if I'm dead because my rescue inhaler never opened my airways back up. The rocketship also broke, and as many did, I yanked the cannister out, but I put it in an old red ProAir inhaler "jacket," which worked for me.”

Jmiller July 29, 2020

For Asthma, acute: “I have had pretty bad asthma for years and years. In the past 3 months my insurance decided that the Perrigo generic Proair is what they will help cover. This inhaler is absolutely horrible. The plastic dispenser is the worst design ever and darn near impossible to remove the medicine canister. Hardly anything comes out when I need to use it, and most of the time I can actually hear that it is clogged, so nothing at all comes out. More than half the actual medication is just wasted. When any inhalation does come out, I need to use 2-3 times the dose to really get what one dose should be giving me. This inhaler should NOT have been approved by the FDA. RIDICULOUS.”

kat July 27, 2020

For Asthma, acute: “I've been using albuterol for years and it has always worked great and I've never had a problem. Just received my first one made by Perrigo and it's a disaster!!! It's horrible. The canister states that there are 149 doses still left, but it's empty. I hate this thing!!!!! This company should be ashamed of themselves.....................”

Lisa · Taken for less than 1 month July 24, 2020

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “Update: I went to the Perrigo site. At the "contact us" portion I gave my complaint regarding the taste, the low effectiveness and the problem with not being able to get the canister out to wash it. THEY CALLED ME!!! It was a great conversation. They were very kind, took a survey, and are refunding my copay. They are very much concerned, as this is their first launch of this product. Please join me in contacting them, so they can correct this product.”

Cherene · Taken for 10 years or more July 24, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I take Advair twice a day, and a puff of Albuterol before or after going up stairs, and before bed. I just started using the most recent inhaler, the Perrigo albuterol. I was surprised at how strange it tasted, I thought something might be wrong with me.. so I googled Albuterol tastes strange and I'm amazed and disappointed at how many complaints this medicine has received recently!! My insurance company uses express scripts, I guess I should see if they have anything else to offer! I don't think I'm going to get used to this! And why should I??”

Lb322 July 24, 2020

For Asthma, acute: “Was excited to get the new Perrigo inhaler because I wasn’t a fan of the other one the pharmacy was giving me large blue one with metered doses . But the way it’s designed you can’t even push the white one down . And even though the spray seems better then the blue one . It tastes awful like chemicals and plastic. I have to say I buy the good ones from kiwi drug get about 6 for 60 bucks . Or I have my friend get me some from Mexico if I relied on the the ones from the us pharmacies I would have asthma attacks all the time .”

Lb · Taken for less than 1 month July 23, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I have been on albuterol for years. NEVER have I had a nasty aftertaste, like the inhaler from Perrigo. Since using this Perrigo albuterol inhaler my tongue felt raw, the aftertaste when I exhale is nauseating. Not to mention, the inhaler itself is bulky, difficult to open and seal tight so I can't wash it. I feel this is a dangerous product. I ordered a new inhaler and had to wait for a few days. I began to realize I hadn't been getting relief when I finally got the new inhaler. 2 puffs and I'm a really breathing well again. Perrigo needs to be investigated”

JV · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 23, 2020

For Asthma, acute: “I got the Perrigo albuterol inhaler from Kaiser when they ran out of stock of the Ventolin. It's the worse inhaler I have ever used. First, it is awkward to use and the inhaler has stopped giving out puffs on occasion. The taste is beyond horrible. It has a weird garlic like after taste. I am also wasting puffs when I have to press it repeatedly into the air to make sure a normal puff is coming out, since it usually releases a tiny puff. These need to be recalled. I have yet to use it with a full blown respiratory infection, but if I have to I am scared that it won't be effective for it.”

S · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 22, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “My husband started using the Perrigo Albuterol Sulfate, which is the generic brand for Pro air. This product is DANGEROUS!!!! He has experienced 8 of the 15 major side effects of this inhaler. Dizziness, muscle soreness, severe chest pains to where we thought he was having a heart attack and went to the hospital. Throat dryness and soreness, body shaking (tremors), and he was very cold but no fever. Please please do not use this inhaler!!”

Hockeymom · Taken for 10 years or more June 30, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I received the Albuterol HFA inhalers from Express Scripts manufactured by Perrigo. They are absolutely awful. First of all they do not work. They also have a terrible smell and taste. I have used this medication for numerous years and have never once had this experience. As others have mentioned the medication canister is almost impossible to remove from the mouthpiece making cleaning an issue if the inhaler gets clogged. I would hope that Perrigo revamps this medication as I am completely willing to pay more for meds that work.”

Katy · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2020

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: “First time using this inhaler, I noticed it did not dispense properly and after two puffs within an hour of using I had a horrible allergic reaction, my entire face was itching and red, Had to take a Benadryl, the next day I was still itching and inflamed. I never had this problem with the ProAir HFA inhaler.”

DT · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 25, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I have purchased 2 of these inhalers and they are rubbish. They will work for a couple weeks and then stop. Will never purchase again.”

Fish out of water June 25, 2020

For Asthma, acute: “I see lawsuits coming behind this inhaler. It does not work properly at all and on top of that the dosage is way off SMH. I rather pay out of pocket for another brand rather than use this.”

Ckdk2l · Taken for less than 1 month June 24, 2020

For Asthma, acute: “The generic albuterol version by Perrigo is AWFUL! The holder is awkward, the cap is hard to get off, the canister won't come out to clean, the dosage is weak and ineffective, and it leaves a horrible taste in your mouth. If an emergency arose, I'd die before I could get the cap off. Miss my Pro Air inhaler which I've used for years, but insurance will now only cover the generic. This product NEEDS to be recalled. How did this medication even get FDA approval.”

Karen · Taken for 10 years or more June 24, 2020

Ventolin (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “I've been using Ventolin for 25 years and NOW its causing dizziness. It also doesn't work like it used to. Ive noticed and clearly others have noticed that theres a problem with these inhalers. GSK needs to be investigated. I don't get these effects from a nebulizer.”

J733 June 22, 2020

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “I love the regular ProAir in the red plastic with white cap. I was given the generic ProAir in the weird half white half clear plastic casing with the weird red cap. The first thing I noticed is that it tastes disgusting. I nearly threw up the first time I took it. For the next 30 puffs I couldn’t take it without having a strong flavored drink to chase it or I’d gag and throw up. But the worst part is that the inhaler fell out of my purse and onto the floor two days ago and stopped working altogether. It may dispense half a puff or a quarter puff and then nothing.I took the canister out to clean it because I thought it was clogged but now when I press down on it comes out the hole where the cap locks in! What?! I pay $50 a month for this and now I can’t use it with 130 puffs left! I’m hoping I can just switch the canister into an old red ProAir chamber and it works. The generic design is crap.”

Dogma · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “The Perrigo version of Proair HFA is clunky and not friendly to carry.”

Bob · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 11, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Horrible inhaler, very little medication dispensed when needed, plugs up all the time, feel like a fish out of water!”

lw54 June 5, 2020

For COPD, Acute: “the albuterol made by perrigo I think the generic for pro air is dangerous be careful. I took mine back to my pharmacy and they exchanged it for pro air.”

Alex June 4, 2020

For COPD, Acute: “Horrible inhaler. Medication won't come out even after repeated rinsing. Basically, it's junk.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 4, 2020

For Asthma, acute: “My experience seems that the device does not to spray well. It's the worst thing ever!!! Still don't get relief. After two sprays I get a massive headache.”