User Reviews for Albuterol (Page 9)

Also known as: Ventolin HFA, ProAir HFA, Ventolin, Proventil HFA, ProAir RespiClick, AccuNeb, ProAir Digihaler Vospire ER

COPD, Maintenance 5.2
Bronchospasm Prophylaxis 2.7
Summary of Albuterol reviews 3.2 274 reviews

Reviews for Albuterol

Chidda September 15, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “I have been using ProAir for the past couple of months because my insurance company would not cover Ventolin. I have found that ProAir is not nearly effective and does not help my breathing nearly as quickly or as well as the Ventolin. I am very disappointed in the way it sprays! When I compare a spray of Ventolin to a spray of ProAir in the air side by side, you can see and hear the difference. The ProAir is weak and slowly dispursed whereas the Ventolin is a strong great spray with quick result.”

human13 September 12, 2016

Ventolin (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “Ventolin works perfectly, effective after 10sec.”

never smoked · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 6, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for COPD, Maintenance: “Asthma and COPD for 50 years. This product is unusable. I work outside ALL weather. To big for a pocket, AND DON'T get wet. What good is a rescue inhaler if one can't take it with them where it may be needed. Now taking a round of prednisone. First time since 2012.”

Bad Medicine 2016 · Taken for less than 1 month September 5, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “With the old inhalers you could test fire it to make sure it was working. Now, how do you tell? I’ve used rescue inhalers for many years. The key word here is rescue. When I have an attack lose the ability to breathe deeply. When I use the ProAir RespiClick I can sometimes taste it on my tongue, just like with my old inhaler but I don’t get relief. The instructions say you have to wait over 5 minutes to get relief, but the medicine never seems to kick in. My doctor recommended this especially since there was a coupon.”

Laflin · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 1, 2016

Proventil (albuterol) for COPD, Acute: “Getting a lot of blisters on my top of my hands stop using this for a while and blisters disappear”

DanaLi · Taken for less than 1 month July 25, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Bronchiectasis: “Does not work. Doesn't even look like it dispenses anything. no relief. I might as well throw away this pos.”

Oliviaestrada77 July 17, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “I just read these reviews as I was no longer getting any relief from respiclick. I read someone's review stating they replaced their old respiclick with a new one and the new one worked. There is a design flaw for sure. I just opened a new one and it works now. I was about to set up a doctor appointment because I haven't been able to breath correctly for weeks. Seems like it can go bad at any moment. Not good. I will be switching as I don't have the money or the time to deal with a design flaw especially when it comes to my ability to breathe.”

GreemLynch June 23, 2016

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: “I used three medications for my asthma but it seemed like they're not effective anymore. This medication was prescribed to me at the Urgent Clinic and I loved it. I can breath freely and I can walk or go upstairs without having to breath heavily and feeling tired. Was going to give 10 pts but the puffer clogs. I wish they could do something about it because it's kind of expensive. It really works for me and I don't suffer any side effect, thank God.”

DrJen June 20, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “Had no heart racing or itchiness side effects with this product, likely because it wasn't effective either! Had free coupon to try, will be going back for $50 proair....”

Montry · Taken for 10 years or more June 13, 2016

Ventolin HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “I have had asthma for 45 years. I started on this medication when I was very young. It's always worked very well for me. I have had physicians try to change it to something else but I always end up requesting they change me back to Ventolin. It just works.”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 1, 2016

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for COPD, Acute: “Inhaler clogs and does not deliver meds. Pharmacist says they work and gave them back to me.”

Clt resident May 17, 2016

Ventolin (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: “Helps control allergy related inflammation of my throat and related airway. Ventolin pump seems to work better than others in delivering medication deep into throat area.”

Mona777 May 10, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for COPD, Acute: “It does absolutely nothing. I used the HFA and it was more effective. The new one it is just fancy, too expensive and it does not work.”

Mariahsmomma · Taken for 10 years or more April 12, 2016

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “If I could give the Pro Air HFA inhaler a zero rating I would. They are very expensive and clog after just a few puffs so your money is down the drain. I have a whole drawer full of them still mostly full but clogged. I have tried rinsing the holder with hot water and letting them dry completely (even used a blow dryer) and they will work for a few more puffs then clog again. My insurance limits on which albuterol inhaler I am allowed to get and Express Scripts pushes the Pro Air HFA. I am sure it is because we have to keep ordering to replace clogged ones.”

Mthreetimes April 11, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “I had asthma as a kid. I recently got bronchitis and my asthma returned. This inhaler should be recalled. It does not work. It is dangerous. I just found my girlfriends pro air hfa inhaler and it worked perfectly. I have been suffocating for 3 days on this horrible dangerous poorly designed product.”

MP99 · Taken for less than 1 month April 9, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “Have your doctor give you a real inhaler. A doctor told me about how you get so much more medicine with this thing. Not sure if that is incorrect or if the medicine is just ineffective, but either way, its not good.”

adman 3 March 31, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Bronchiectasis: “does not work and company doesn't stand behind the product”

Mo M March 8, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “Zero effectiveness. BEWARE!!! This inhaler will not rescue you from an asthma attack. This is dangerously ineffective.”

Chris from Indiana March 1, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Bronchospasm Prophylaxis: “I was given this to help with bronchiospasms due to illness. After two months of this not working, I got a refill. The second one worked. The first one did not. I called 1-888-482-9522. This is their complaint line. They requested to send me a fed ex package so I could return. I requested a refund for there is still 11 doses on the clicker. They don't give refunds.”

Babbuddy February 14, 2016

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: “After about 20 puffs, it clogs up. Useless after that.”

Goat1082 February 12, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “It did not do anything for me! Awful product!”

Queen Runkle · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 9, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “Horrible ! My husband has asthma and his doctor switched him to the RespiClick and he gets little to no relief. With 1 or 2 hits on his old inhaler his lungs would open up, the wheezing would stop. With the RespiClick, it often takes 4 or 5 hits just to open up a tiny bit, often leading to a breathing treatment to get real relief. Why they would consider this a "rescue" inhaler is beyond me. Avoid this inhaler even if you get the "free" coupon. Not worth it.”

can't breathe · Taken for less than 1 month February 2, 2016

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Bronchiectasis: “Received coupon for a free trial pharmacy will not accept the offer. Out of pocket expense too much...”

~*Melanie*~ · Taken for 10 years or more February 2, 2016

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: “I have been using ProAir HFA for many years now & I highly recommend it. It works when I need it & I don't have any bad side effects. Sometimes I get dry mouth after using it, but I can't complain since it does its job so well.”

Newyorkcity123 January 18, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “I also switched to the respiclick. It was zero help. It did nothing to open my airways. I didn't work what so ever. The regular HFA works like a charm. I don't understand how so many people suffer from lung problems and the pharmaceutical companies make this medication so expensive. This medication should be on the $4 plan at Walmart and Target. I have to pay 50 every month which is expensive and that's with insurance.”