User Reviews for Albuterol (Page 7)

Also known as: Ventolin HFA, ProAir HFA, Ventolin, Proventil HFA, ProAir RespiClick, AccuNeb, ProAir Digihaler Vospire ER

COPD, Maintenance 5.2
Bronchospasm Prophylaxis 2.7
Summary of Albuterol reviews 3.2 269 reviews

Reviews for Albuterol

AsthmaGuy · Taken for less than 1 month January 9, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: “This is complete trash. The only reason I used this is because they had a coupon. I feel nothing with this. Not even sure I am getting medication rather than sucking in normal air. If I could give this a negative rating I would This is a complete joke of a product and I hope they get rid of this respiclick. Just make a stronger delivery inhaler pro air. I really wish the generic albuterol in the white can was still available.”

Sun8678 December 20, 2017

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “I had Lung infection/asthma/wheezing and this provides no relief at all. Nothing comes out. I even shook it and no powder came out. My wheezing is so loud I can't sleep.”

Austin Scott December 7, 2017

Proventil (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “The worst medicine ever. I feel very bad when I take this medicine. I also get welts and bruise like sores on my back and arms after I inhale this medicine. It appears every time. I don’t feel better at all. This medicine makes me sicker.”

Sally Quindo · Taken for less than 1 month November 24, 2017

Ventolin (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “Ventolin is a good product actually it makes me feel relieved whenever asthma hits me, I take 2-3 puffs and after a short span of time, I can breathe easily already. But I would like a Ventolin that doesn't need to be refilled because it so pricey that sometimes I have to sacrifice some things in order to prevent my asthma from hitting me from time to time. I would really appreciate it if someones innovates this kind of product.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 16, 2017

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “Just started using this one particularly, but every brand of MDI has similar issues people are complaining of here. I saw lots of reviews about it clogging and being useless. Just thought I'd recommend what I've learned to others to fix this problem. If you put warm/hot water in a cup and let it soak for a few seconds.. (I'll even shake it around in the water to help clean it) then dry it on a window sill or somewhere warm. You'll find that it will unclog the dispenser and is good as new (as long as it is dry before you use it again). Happy breathing. Xoxo.”

meecepeece November 15, 2017

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “This Respiclick design is horrible! In fact a few inhalers have switched to a non aerosol type recently and people who cannot breath, or have acute asthma or COPD cannot breath IN fast or hard enough to make the powdered med enter the lungs! I switched back to aerosol type inhalers on most of my inhalers because of this. You need to have a certain amount of force in the lungs to take this, and during attacks you simply don't have that breath strength and a medical manufacturer ought to know that. It also leaks and clogs up constantly. It is the same issue I had with another powdered inhaler. This is I think why others also are getting no relief. This needs to be recalled and re done! It could cause deaths.”

tickmenot · Taken for less than 1 month October 28, 2017

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: “Every time my daughter & I use this about 40% through it starts malfunctioning and the medicine doesn't come out. Our insurance has forced use to get this & when we don't get the medicine we need, we get sick, but the insurance doesn't care. it is very frustrating.”

Rose R October 25, 2017

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “Doesn't work! This is a totally ineffective inhaler. I gave it one star because I can't give it a lower rating.”

Shandrea · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 23, 2017

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “No relief.”

cuties_mom · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 28, 2017

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “I thought we were doing it wrong! This thing feels like it does absolutely nothing. We open the click cap and I tell my son to breathe in deep (which is a lot to ask when he is coughing) and he feels nothing and it does nothing. I even tried it and can usually feel the albuterol in is nebulizer and other inhalers and feel absolutely nothing. Really what a piece of garbage, a 40 dollar co-payment and my insurance is paying like 200+ for it in addition. What a waste -- we should be reimbursed or given a replacement. Thanks for letting me know we weren't crazy!”

Anonymous September 15, 2017

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “This inhaler is terrible !!! It's too loud !!! Makes so much noise on inhalation and that clicking sound !!!!”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 5, 2017

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “I must take numerous puffs in order to get any relief from ProAir.”

tomorrowsdream · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 17, 2017

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for COPD, Acute: “The worst inhaler I've ever used. I feel like absolutely nothing comes out of the inhaler, and it doesn't help me at all. I'll be asking my Dr. about another type, because this one is just terrible.”

Edgi July 19, 2017

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “I previously used the old ProAir, the traditional design, and it worked great could jog twice as far without getting short of breath, mow grass, etc. I was at the doctor and asked about a refill & she told me about this amazing new design that you don't have to squeeze. The idea sounded great, but in reality it doesn't work. After I use it shortness of breath is slightly decreased, but the chest tightness/pain remains and starts to take on a different character, & it also makes me extremely nauseous. Yes, it is convenient, but people who need a rescue inhaler would rather it work & provide relief than to have 1 less button to press.”

Tamekic H · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 5, 2017

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “Worse rescue inhaler ever!!!!! I'm resorting to using my nebulizer in order to get relief. Who's bright idea was it to switch from a pump inhaler to a inhaled powder??? Half the time I don't have enough breath to inhale and I don't get a good dose, and let's not forget the fact that I have to make sure that my lips do not block the airflow window. Unfortunately I can't even switch to a different one because my insurance will not cover any other brand. Someone help me I can't breath and my back hurts so bad as a result.”

ICANTBREATHECANYOU June 3, 2017

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “Used proventil for 20+ yrs. Proair was substituted once many years ago and received NO relief. Cigna stopped covering provenil in 2017 and now my only option is proair. Have been unable to breathe for over a week and finally went to Dr for a shot. I STILL CANT BREATHE!!! ”

Ben - Louisville, KY · Taken for 10 years or more May 15, 2017

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “I have been on albuterol inhalers since the 80s. I went online to watch how to properly use this respliclick inhaler and quickly learned that medicine is actuated each time you open the cap and also not to let my lips block the air vent as it is right at the back of the mouth piece. Feeling equipped with good info I felt I was ready to go. Then came the moment I needed it... I opened the cap emptied my lungs the best I could (I was having an asthma attack so...could only do so much). Then I breathed in all I could...my lungs went into a vacuum (negative pressure) and they stayed that way until I released my lips from the device. Nothing left the inhaler and entered my lungs, not medicine, not air, nothing. I tried three times and the pain was so bad I don't I think I dare try again. After 3 hours with no relief I used my expired ProAir HFA and got instant relief. I am calling the FDA compliant line now.”

proairrespiclick · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2017

For Bronchiectasis: “I was given a proair respiclick the other day after being diagnosed with acute bronchitis and an upper respiratory infection. I've used proair inhalers in the past and they have always worked. I cannot suck in enough air to get the medicine out and it has not helped me at all.”

Mother of Asthmatic Child · Taken for less than 1 month April 22, 2017

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “This inhaler has caused my family much grief. IT DOES NOT WORK. IT WILL NOT RESCUE. We used it for two days as we watched our child's condition steadily worsen to a full blown attack two days ago. A call the pediatric respiratory specialist prompted a prescription for the aerosol version of proair. After just one use of the aerosol replacement inhaler, our child's condition quickly improved. I am SO glad we were able to get back to the aerosol inhaler.”

Gotscrewedbyproairrespiclick · Taken for less than 1 month April 19, 2017

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “Got the inhaler for my son on Friday. Does not work , then pro air does not want to refund my money, but wants to replace their garbage product with another rubbish Pro Air Respiclick.. Big Pharm sucks”

Taynkal · Taken for 10 years or more April 12, 2017

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: “Horrible and dangerous. Always clogs. I have had to suffer through many mild attacks because of this "rescue inhaler". Now, if the pharmacy gives me this, I just send it back and get the original brand”

Smoochie Maberry · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 4, 2017

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “I called The pharmacy today, because this thing doesn't work. I had a asthma attack and had to use my breathing machine. It needs to be recalled.”

My chest felt light as air · Taken for less than 1 month March 30, 2017

Ventolin (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: “After taking this for the first time (prescribed by my doctor due to coughing and wheezing from the flu) I can't even begin to tell you how amazing I felt. I have always felt a little tight / heavy in the chest. I always got out of breath quicker than other people around me. When I took this - I felt like years of bricks were lifted off my chest. I had once thought that the heaviness in my chest was my heart - but now I know all along it was my lungs and that I probably had undiagnosed allergies I'd been living with and ignoring. What a relief ! It began working within 5 minutes.”

Mick lane · Taken for less than 1 month March 28, 2017

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: “Does not open lungs and does not assist when needed.”

Chuckeybaby March 26, 2017

Ventolin HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “Sleeplessness”