User Reviews for Adapalene topical (Page 8)

Also known as: Differin, Plixda

Acne 6.5

Reviews for Adapalene topical

Mireille Badara-LaCavaliere · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 18, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “Differin is revolutionary. I'm 30 years old with nearly 20 years of hard acne. I spent my teens caking my face in make-up and buying anything with a promise. Anyone who got close to me would keep it a secret due to my skin condition. In the end, I believed that no one would ever know my “real face” (or they would surely turn to stone!) Then everything changed. I have been using Differin for 3 years, once before bed. I needed patience and persistence for 1 year until my skin achieved the glowing complexion stage. Every-side effect possible hit me hard. But now my confidence is booming! If you really have had acne be the bane of your existence, then you will know that life has no quick fixes and that any product yielding great powers comes with responsibilities (avoid UV; be flexible--adapt dosage to need; splash sweat and tears away with plenty of cool water; chose sateen pillow cases and a good fragrance-free face balm). I think Differin will always work for those who really need it!”

Shelly · Taken for less than 1 month May 15, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “I've always had hormonal acne--started when I was in my teens. I'm now in my 50s and it hasn't stopped! I tried so many products and I wash my face morning and night, but by the middle of a month, the big cystic acne and whiteheads return. I just began my Differin regimen-- face wash, gel(0.1%), moisturizer, and sunscreen. My skin is in the "irritation" phase--feels irritated and slightly burns when heat or sunlight hit it. I noticed the cystic acne quickly turned into whiteheads (looks really ugly) but I see it works fast! I'm going to keep up the routine..face wash morning + sunscreen-- which reduces the irritating feeling I experience-- then face wash and moisturizer at night, which is soothing for me. I'll get better skin yet!”

BB · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 14, 2018

For Acne: “I’ve been using Adaphlene Gel 0.1 and been reading all these reviews which quite frankly seem fake and thought I’d share my experience. I’ve been using the gel on my face for almost 7 weeks now on my face and it has never been worse. I had mild to moderate acne and now I have moderate to severe acne. I’ve read that you should use it for 8-12 weeks before you see results but even then if my acne improves it won’t be any better than it was when I first started. I’ll keep you guys update on it I’m definitely not going past 12 weeks.”

Leo · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 12, 2018

“I use this for skin resurfacing (unlicensed indication) and my skin is definitely smoother and my blocked pores are hugely better. I do have to scrub every 2 days to keep sloughing and flaking in check but I’m so glad I tried this and continue to use 3 months down the line. A work colleague I’ve not seen for probably 8 years spontaneously stated I looked no older since I last saw him and that tells me a lot!”

Adiosacne May 11, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “I never thought I’d be leaving a review about a product that helped clear my acne but here I am doing exactly that. I’ve had oily acne prone skin for as long as I can remember and at 42 it was still going strong! I mostly get deep blocked pores on the back of my neck that become really inflamed and turn into massive red lumps that rarely come to a head and linger for ages and my back was a similar story. After many trips to the doctors over the years proved fruitless and after my latest breakout I’d almost given up but after another search through google I decided to give Differin a go. Well I’m not gonna lie it’s been a bumpy road, no pun intended, but after around 10 weeks things are really starting to clear up! The purge at the start nearly got me to quit several times but I thought what the hell you’ll get spots whether you stick with it or not so give it a chance. I’m glad I did, this isn’t a quick fix it’s more of a long haul type of gig but I’m now seeing very good results!”

Ash · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 5, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “I developed "adult" acne and nothing else was working anymore until this. I spent about 40$ for the first purchase (I bought the bigger size and still have half left after 2 months) and have been using it for 2 months consistently. Quit all your other products except for wipes to remove makeup. Trust the process, it can get worse before it gets better because it draws all the junk out. Just push through because it's so worth it. My skin is nice and clear and I can finally wear lighter foundation instead of laying it on to hide my breakouts.”

nsf97 April 27, 2018

For Acne: “Seriously stick with it. I hated this product at first. I would cry everyday for the first month because it made my acne so much worse and made my skin so red. I wanted to stop using it so bad but all the reviews said to stick with it and I'm glad I did. My skin is so much better. I still have some pimples on the side of my chin (hormonal acne) but its not nearly as bad as what I had before.”

Rachel · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 24, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “I’ve been using this product for about 4 months now, and it really does help your skin and I recommend you use it at night before you go bed. For me the only side-effect I’ve had was SUPER dry and flakey skin, that’s the only downside to this product I try to mosturize my face right after I get out of the shower in the morning, and then I put on my makeup. Somedays in the morning even though I do mosturize, I put on my makeup and when I’m done I realize it looks like I have a bread because that’s how dry your skin gets. But if you do remember to moisturize it won’t be as bad.”

B · Taken for less than 1 month April 23, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “I’ve been using Differin for 5 weeks almost and it’s made me break out horribly. This is the worse my skin has ever been”

L · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 22, 2018

For Acne: “This stuff has been a miracle for my skin. I’ve been using it for about 3 months now and my skin is COMPLETELY clear. I had really bad cystic acne on my chin starting when I was 16. I tried everything and finally tried this. It does get worse before it gets better. I did a lot of research when I first started and people kept saying to power through because it will be worth it... they were right! Don’t give up on this. It will get worse, but then, practically overnight, your skin will become clear! Amazing stuff. The only downside is that it will dry out your skin... but honestly, I am willing to have dry skin if it means no more acne. Give it a couple of months... you’ll thank yourself!”

NINA · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 6, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “I recommend this product to anyone. The result are amazing, for better results used it at night time. Works better if you avoid exposure to the sun, if you used it during the day and you have exposure to the sun will cause black spots. You don't need to use too much otherwise using more than need it will cause you dryness, you can apply moisturizer on top to avoid dry skin but it really works”

Shelly · Taken for less than 1 month March 21, 2018

For Acne: “Had acne for 30 years and have tried a few treatments with retin A being a favorite. I just tried this a month ago. My script also has benzoyl peroxide in it but my pores shrunk and my skin is smooth again. Only thing, my eye area, although I never apply there because of the extreme drying you get with acne medication, I wake up with extreme swelling. Anyone else experience this?”

Amy, 22 · Taken for less than 1 month March 20, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “100% clear one day after using it, nothing has ever worked this good and I’ve tried EVERYTHING, organic, diy, face masks, healing Aztec clay, rose hip oil, tee tree oil, proactive and acne free, this is by far the best.”

Kat · Taken for less than 1 month March 7, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “So I wanted to try this because it was once a prescription medicine and I wasn’t having any luck with other OTC brands. I read reviews and thought “oh it can’t be THAT bad” (with the side effects) but let me tell you I was WRONG. Day one isn’t bad, day 2 a breeze but by day 4/5 my face was raw and super dry as anything. My skin has never flaked in my life & I looked like a man with a beard. Anything including extremely sensitive lotion BURNED my face. Even tears burned the hell out of my face. The drug works quickly and It does work getting rid of blemishes. In my opinion the side effects isn’t worth it to me. I stopped applying the drug to me face and I’m unsure whether I’ll start up again in a few days. My face needs a rest!”

Suraj · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 25, 2018

For Acne: “Best cream to control and cure acne”

WesSnipez February 14, 2018

For Acne: “This treatment has worked very well for me! I started to see results after 3 weeks. My skin felt smooth, but acne didn't improve until about 5-6 weeks in. I'd say it's definitely worth a try if your on the fence about it! I use 0.1% adapalene.”

cottagekat February 13, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “I am passing my second full week of using Differin. I am 64 years old and have always had some type of breakout issue, clogged pores and some enlarged pores for as long as I can remember. My skin was relatively wrinkle free prior to using. Anyway, the clogged pores on my chin are much improved as are the bumps on my forehead. The pores on my nose are greatly diminished. The slight wrinkles I had are just about gone as the retinoid also provides a gradual skin peel. I am anxious to see final results after 12 weeks of use. I think I will probably use it 3 days per week thereafter. Just remember to moisturize and use sunscreen! I’m also curious if this product can be used on the under eye area. Anyone have an answer on that one?”

Nies February 10, 2018

For Acne: “It's been 4 weeks now and my pimples still exist. My dermatologist prescribed Differen adapalene cream 0.1%. The effects makes me feel embarrassed. My sister said that this is the worst acne I have since I had my breakouts last year. The redness of pimples is there. And I don't have any idea what makes it look like this. I should switch a soap maybe. The doctor provided me with her own made acne soap and I am not sure if I am allergic with this or just the side effect of the cream. My face now looks like a monster. But still I am hoping to the reviews I've read that this product need some patience before getting the best results. Anyways, I will going to see my doctor again next week. Looking forward to the effect of this expensive medicine.”

Yo-yo · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 22, 2018

For Acne: “Side effects weren’t as bad as I thought however product gave me more black heads that won’t go away also made my acne more scaring ”

Blaeki · Taken for less than 1 month January 18, 2018

For Acne: “Yes.I also had so much acnes. I tried so many face washes and creams but nothing worked out. Finally I consulted a good dermatologist. He recommended me some tablets and adaplane cream. Now there is a huge difference in my face. My pimples got cured and only some scars are left. They are also gradually disappearing. Thanks to adaplane. You are the best.”

AyushAcne January 14, 2018

For Acne: “I Tried many drugs like clindamycin, Benzoyl peroxide, isotretinoin but nothing worked.. but This One adapalene 0.1 is great. I've never written a review but I have to. I'm on my 4th day and my acne have cleared so much . Before I used to have lot of pain in my face due to pimples. 1st day of using it have me relief from pain in my face due to acne.. Also Its very important not to consume dairy products when u have acne.. because dairy products can cause acne .. you can google it their are lot of research done on this .. THANK YOU ADAPALENE”

Starsky1* December 26, 2017

For Acne: “I am a 42 year old female that has suffered from acne off and on since early childhood. Differin is a miracle for me. Tips: Apply once daily ( at night) to clean, dry, moisturized skin. It is very important to apply moisturizer to clean wet skin and massage in. Allow the skin to air dry and after 20-30 minutes, apply the Differin. This cuts down on the drying, flaking, and stinging. Only a pea-sized amount of the Differin is needed for the entire face. Don't use in combination with salicylic acid. It deactivates Differin. It is very important to resist the urge to scrub or pick at the skin. In the morning, use a physical sunscreen 30-50 spf as it makes the skin more sensitive to the sun. Hope this helps. Everyone should moisturize!”

Panda041111 December 18, 2017

For Acne: “Only been on this product for a week, and already noticing a huge difference. My doctor prescribed me a combo of adapalene in the evening and clindamyacin during the day. I’ll admit, my skin is pretty sensitized at the moment, but I’ve been using an amazing rich water based moisturizer to help. I come from a background in skincare, so up until now I’ve literally tried EVERYTHING. Simplistic, extreme and everything in between. Glycolic, vitamin A, salacylic, even natural remedies. Nothing was working anymore. But in the first week, I’ve noticed my skin healing faster, and less breakouts. My biggest piece of advice would be get rid of all the other skincare you were using before this (or at least put it on hold). Let the medication work.”

Pinkapplelace December 15, 2017

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “STICK TO IT!!!! I did and my skin looks amazing. At first I saw more acne, especially white heads. I also got really dry skin but I moisturized all the time and it relieved it. You can also get burning irritating skin but don't give up. Eventually you seen your skin clear, even toned and tighter. I also noticed some of my fine lines gone. I know you might want to give up but DON'T. I'm 50 years old and I never had pimples until the past two years. Nothing worked. I went to the dermatologist, got prescription meds but the only thing that worked was this product.”

Ellie1987 December 9, 2017

For Acne: “I owe my self-confidence to adapalene! I went off to college in the fall and my skin immediately went completely out of wack. My doctor started out by prescribing me spironolactone to clear my skin, but I did not like the side effects. Her next suggestion was adapalene, and I couldn't be happier about deciding to start using it. I simultaneously started applying adapalene when I started hormonal birth control, so some of my clear skin could be because of the bc. I experienced about 3 weeks of an initial breakout, but by the 4th and 5th weeks I got to witness my skin get clearer and clearer everyday. It has now been 8 weeks, and all my breakouts are almost completely gone! My skin is dry, but loading it up with moisturizer every night is absolutely worth it.”