User Reviews for Adapalene topical (Page 7)

Also known as: Differin, Plixda

Acne 6.5

Reviews for Adapalene topical

Kelska August 23, 2018

For Acne: “My 14-year-old daughter started breaking out in the spring, mostly whiteheads on her forehead and cheeks. The acne was mild but increasing so we visited a derm. who prescribed adapalene. She started slow to avoid irritation - once every three nights, to once every other night after three weeks and nightly by the fifth week. She had a breakout on her forehead after two weeks. The bumps, while not horrible, were definitely bigger and more noticeable. By the fifth week, her forehead was almost completely clear and remains so now. About a week after upping the dose to nightly, the bumps on her cheeks increased in size, just like her previous forehead flare. By the eighth week, her entire face is much improved. She has a few tiny bumps in her problem areas, but not very noticeable. The medicine worked pretty much exactly as I had read it would. The acne looked a little worse for awhile while the gunk and cells were being pulled from the pores. Her skin looks so healthy now!”

32amrak · Taken for less than 1 month August 16, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “I've suffered from acne off and on through my life. Usually brought on by poor diet and/or stress. I have been experiencing a breakout lately, so I decided to try Differin gel, since it was new. After just a few days, I have zero acne and I even noticed a few acne scars are unexpectedly fading away. I have tried numerous acne treatments, both natural and medications. They either dry out my skin too much or bleach my clothes and towels. I am very happy with Differin gel and I'm hoping my acne continues to be well controlled on this medication.”

Aries · Taken for less than 1 month August 16, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “Horrible I’ve been using it for about a week now and my skin has cleared up a bit but then I woke up one morning and had terrible burns on my nose, cheeks , and under my eyes. It has been burning badly and hard for me to sleep. I wouldn’t recommend it. NOT GOOD FOR MY SKIN.”

S · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 15, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “Pleasantly surprised by how well this worked! I had been experiencing serious congestion and clogged pores mainly around the mouth and jaw, so I initially went the route of trying to fix my hormones. I switched birth control and went on Spironolactone which helped but my pores were still continually getting clogged. This stuff really returned my skin and pores to their normal state. I still get issues here and there but I can genuinely say this made the biggest difference in my skin.”

Jules August 12, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “I have been using Differing for about two months. I use the face wash and the moisturizer at night. Using the moisturizer, I did not experience the dry, flakey skin others have. My acne is definitely better. I am able to use less makeup and less concealer now.”

Kk · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 10, 2018

For Acne: “I used this product for a whole year stopped and then tried again for about 10 months. My acne has gotten substantially worse. My forehead has tons of tiny flesh colored bumps now that I never had and I had tiny red bumps surfacing on my cheeks. I get one or two new ones almost every day. I even tried it paired with clindamycin but its like the purging period never stopped.”

rutgerjen August 10, 2018

For Acne: “I have tried Accutane, antibiotics, spirolactone, Retin A, and nothing has worked better than this gel. I had a huge breakout initially that my derm never told me about but now the breakouts that come back are tiny and do not hurt. I have hormonal acne and I am 42. My skin looks so much better and I am so happy to find this. It doesn't dry my skin out either!”

Jess · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 10, 2018

For Acne: “Adapalene helped clear my skin within two weeks. The one downfall is I experienced extreme flaking and dryness; particularly around my eyes. I used aquaphor to maintain my eyes, and made sure it got no where else as it is so thick and WILL clog your pores! Other than that I stick to a cetaphil moisturizer and face wash and had wonderful results. My skin looks better and feels better. I found acne that was coming in would disappear in a day or two when usually it’d be there for weeks. I also take Minocycline but the two together have really changed my skin.”

Anonymous August 8, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “I’ve only been on this for about a week and a half and it started working immediately for me. It made me purge within the first few days but I can definitely tell that it’s working. My skin now looks clearer and less congested. I am still getting spots (I get moderate whiteheads on my forehead and around my nose and I get nodules on my chin. I am a teenager btw) but I'm hoping that this will continue to make my skin improve. I am squeezing my spots which I know u shouldn't do but I'm pretty sure this gel makes it heal super quick and it makes marks fade quite quickly. Apart from the marks and few spots I am still getting, my face looks a lot clearer already. I would say that my acne was moderate before I started the treatment and it got a lot worse within the first few days but things are now looking up”

Perseverance · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 5, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “I had good teenage skin, mild acne in my 20s (controlled with occasional benzoyl peroxide), dull skin @age 35 (so began Elizabeth Arden's 8-hour ointment - not meant for face, but what a glow it gave me!) and painful noticeable nodular-cystic acne affecting T-zone face area @age 36. I stopped 8-hour cream, needled the nodules (leaving skin unevenness), used Oxy-10, Lenovate & Isotrex gel. Age 37: all failed, so I changed to: - Differin: acne continued in initial "purge". After 6 wks, significant reduction in number + size + pain of nodules & cysts. After 7 mnths, dryness & some white flaking (despite cetomacrogyl emollient) but fewer, infrequent + mild breakouts - not painful nodules/cysts. - Zinplex - milk reduction. Instead eat yoghurt + cheese. Observational studies support this. - bread & caffeine reduction. I stopped eating store bread and instead make my own with wholegrains. I eat bread less! I drink water/ herbal infusions. Not an evidence-based approach.”

Hayley · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 31, 2018

For Acne: “I’m nearly 30 and sick of spots. GP prescribed this. It did get worse after week 2 but by week 4 I was noticeably clearer. By 8 weeks all my friends noticed. There was some stinging in the beginning so I used it every other day for about 2 weeks until my skin adapted. Now I use it every day and it’s fine. I can even go out without make up!!!!”

itworks · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 26, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “I believe it was a combination of IUD, stress and hormone changes (pregnancy almost 4 yrs ago) that ruined my face over a period of 3 years. My forehead, cheeks and chin had lots of pimples. I turned 30 six months ago. 10 months ago I got a spot on my face that was the worst in my life that it wouldn't even surface for me to pop. It wouldn't go away after 2 months, so I decided to see a dermatologist. She put me on oral doxycycline for a month, with topical clindamycin for nighttime, and Differin gel for daytime. On top of the meds, cold weather and dry heat inside buildings at the time was making my skin burned so badly. Then, I figured out that putting lots of good gentle, plain lotion right after washing my face really helped. Sunscreen was super important. Now I continue to use Differin to help with hyperpigmentation since I couldn't help picking on my face when I wasn't supposed to! No more pimples. My skin keeps getting better day by day. Remember to apply lotion after washing your face!”

thiccboy5666 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 25, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “This was an absolutely awful product for me. It made my face burn, cannot use the skin products you’re used to using. It will make you get HUGE red marks all over your face because of how inflamed it makes your face. It does not assist in fading scars, your face will look AWFUL even if you do go through with the full product for the 6 month MINIMUM span. Absolutely ridiculous! It will cause cystic acne all over & will lower your self esteem rather than fix the acne! My recommendation? Go to your local doctor & get a prescription for pills that will help your acne! 3 months in, my friends face is very clear,I will take her recommendation! Awful product”

Andi July 21, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “I am SO happy I took a chance on Differin. I'm 26 almost 27. I didn't have acne growing up, but as an adult fighting PCOS, I often find myself dealing with breakouts. It's embarrassing, to say the least. I also have eczema which makes finding a solution nearly impossible. I can't even wear makeup without an eczema attack! The first 24 hours: I bought the Differin gel and the soothing rapid hydration moisturizer. Based on other reviews I opted to put a thin layer over my entire face rather than as a spot treatment. A part of me expected to wake up with swollen eyes and a very red face. To my amazement Differin not only reduced my acne by half overnight, it didn't irritate my skin AT ALL! I applied the moisturizer 30 minutes after applying the gel as suggested by previous users. My face is always dry with red patches, but this product truly brought it back to life. I am thoroughly excited to see the results over the next few weeks. I highly suggest this product!”

Nichyuk July 6, 2018

For Acne: “Used this product last year and it worked wonders. I had teenage acne for almost 4 months and nothing worked. I went to my dermatologist and he prescribed me with Adapalene to apply on at night. It didn't really broke me out but there is 1 or 2 new spots like after 1 or 2 days. After approx 1 to 2 months, the hyperpigmentation from the acne faded and I have clear skin again. Never give up. If this product breaks you out a little just remember it is trying to force out the excess junk inside your pores. Highly Recommended Product.”

Emma · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 24, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “This medication is okay. When I first started, I had maybe 3-4 active cystic zits. It got better after the week, and then all my acne broke loose. I had probably 10-12 painful, raging zits. It was horrible. I pushed through because I knew it was going to get worse before it got better. It did get better, but not in the way I like. I am back to having 3-4 cystic pimples, but now I have a bunch of scars, hyperpigmentation, and leftover cysts. Differin really only made my initial breakout better, rather than fix my acne overall. It may work for you, but it did NOT work for me.”

Elizabeth · Taken for less than 1 month June 23, 2018

For Acne: “I'm on my second week of using this. My eyes are swollen and itching and red. My face is itching and red and feels burnt. I will never touch this stuff again. My skin looks and feels awful.”

Keilolz June 21, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “So I have been using differin for the past few weeks and I see somewhat an improvement but I also see a lot of more pimples and i don’t know what to do , do I keep using Differin on it or not . These pimples are making me so insecure about my self and I don’t like it .”

Britt · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 20, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “I've dealt with acne since my early teens. Tried many prescriptions and OTC remedies to no avail. Now that I am in my 30s and taking skin care much more seriously I decided to try Differin again since it's available OTC along with the face wash. I use the face wash every morning and night and the gel every night. I got the normal side effects in the beginning dryness and some peeling and redness but I didn't let that deter me. Now I am going into week 7 and am beginning to see the difference. I still get little breakouts but it's nowhere near as bad as before. Persistence with this medication is key. Give it time to work. I can tell that my skin tone is becoming much more even. My old scars are starting to fade. For the first time since my early teens I am confident in my skin.”

Brooklyn · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 15, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “January 2017 through to June of 2017 I used Differin gel (that was still on a prescription at that time) and it pretty much cleared up my acne and faded my scars in those 6 months of use. I stopped using it until November 2017 when my skin started getting bad again and by that time Differin had switched to over-the-counter. I used it November 2017 through the end of May 2018 and saw no results in those 7 months AT ALL. I wondered why Differin had worked before on my skin and not this time. I went to the dermatologist the beginning of June 2018 was prescribed Veltin gel along with minocycline and it has worked like magic on my skin!!”

DH · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 13, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “I’m so sad. Today marks 12 weeks for me and my acne has steadily grown worse each week. It’s as though I’m using no medication at all. Painful new cysts form every day, still. I really regret trying this. I have PCOS and have had acne for about 25 years now. It was fairly well controlled for years after I started using salicylic acid 2% and benzoyl peroxide 10% twice a day. Still, I had red marks that took a long time to heal, and I’m getting older with sun damage etc, so I tried a retinoid. It’s not working for me and I could cry, my hopes were so high.”

Marie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 6, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “I’ve been struggling with adult hormonal acne for awhile now, I would always break out on my jaw line and have tried everything. I saw a post about Differin gel and some good experiences with it so I decided to give it a try. I started using the product in lasts December. By mid January my face was clear. And it has continued to work. I use it faithfully every night. I did experience very dry skin in the beginning but I found a great face lotion to help with that. I recommend this product to anyone struggling with acne”

ShellyB · Taken for less than 1 month May 29, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “I've always suffered from acne and couldn't find anything that worked well. I saw Differin online and decided to give it a try--after all, this hormonal acne has been with me since I was a teen and I am now in my 50s. The first and second week of use was awful. Whiteheads were all over my face! I was so ashamed to go out. Now I am in week 3 of using Differin and I am glad to say my skin is clearing up! It's smooth and glowy and the break outs are clearing up. Dead skin rolls off my face, revealing new improved skin! My complexion is starting to smooth out and the dark spots are fading. I purchased the full line of Differin products and I like how everything works together. Please stick with the routine: Cleanse and use gel at night, apply moisturizer as necessary, and be determined and patient with the process. It really does work! For me, I had nothing loose since nothing worked anyway. It was best to give it a try!”

Carisgem May 24, 2018

For Acne: “I had struggled with acne for years, having to take 6 antibiotics per day to try and keep my acne at bay. I am nearly 50 and decided to try something different to clear my skin in time for my 50th celebrations. Well all I can say is OMG!! My skin has totally cleared, no antibiotics needed. Clearest it's been all my life. I use a small amount in the morning before makeup and a small amount before bed. I keep looking in the mirror, as I cannot believe it!! Hope this review helps others who have suffered.”

Garrett · Taken for less than 1 month May 24, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “I used prescription Retin-A in high school for acne so I’m familiar with retinoids and how to use them. I stopped using them a few years ago but still get mild acne (I’m 22 now). Went to CVS for acne wash and discovered Differin. Been using it for about a month and noticed full benefits. I still use antibacterial facewash so that helps too, but my acne is totally gone and skin is slightly more even and lighter. Pretty much experienced all the same things I did with Retin-A, but my skin adjusted to Differin super quickly and I had very little irritation. I doubt everyones experience would be like this and it’ll suck for the first few weeks. For me Differin has become a staple for my basic skincare routine. & to the makers of it, THANK YOU for getting a retinoid approved to be OTC! Great product.”