User Reviews for Acetaminophen / oxycodone to treat Chronic Pain

Also known as: Percocet, Percocet 5/325, Percocet 10/325, Prolate, Percocet 7.5/325, Percocet 7.5/500, Oxycet, Percocet 2.5/325 Nalocet Percocet 10/650 Primlev Xolox …show all brand names

Acetaminophen / oxycodone has an average rating of 5.7 out of 10 from a total of 325 ratings for the treatment of Chronic Pain. 48% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 38% reported a negative effect.

Acetaminophen/oxycodone Rating Summary

5.7/10 average rating

Compare all 48 medications used in the treatment of Chronic Pain.

Reviews for Acetaminophen / oxycodone

Jen · Taken for less than 1 month August 12, 2020

Percocet 10/325 (acetaminophen / oxycodone): “This is the 1st time I've been given this Camber brand of acetaminophen/oxycodone and it's like taking Tylenol. My pharmacy didn't have the Mallinckropt in stock so I'll be switching to another pharmacy. This T194 seems like a placebo, no help with my pain at all. Very dissatisfied and this company should be ashamed!!!!! I'd give a Zero if I could !! If this message helps one person, then it was worth taking the time to review Cambers pain medication.”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more June 16, 2020

“I have been on oxycodone for 15yrs from multiple injury's. I take my medicine as prescribed. Not all generic brands are the same. The pharmacist will tell you they are but they are NOT. The generic brands of acetaminophen/oxycodone AMNEAL , ALVOGEN, CAMBER, RHODES ARE TERRIBLE. ACTIVAS AND MALLIKRODT ARE THE BEST. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT MG OR WHAT CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE YOU ARE ON. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE PHARMACYS AND/OR ASK FOR THE PHARMACY TO ORDER THEM BRAND WHICH SOME PHARMACYS WILL AND SOME WON'T. IF YOUR PHARMACY WILL NOT ORDER YOUR BRAND, THEN SWITCH AND TELL THEM YOU GET ALLERGIES OR A STOMACH ACHE. WHICH I REALLY DO FOR CRAPPY BRANDS. I HOPE THIS HELPS A LOT OF PEOPLE SUFFERING IN PAIN. GOD BLESS.”

Jimmy888 · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 29, 2021

“Yes I've been taking pain medication for last 10 years, sure wish I didn’t need them. These meds are bad I have filled a complaint with every FDA and Med watch, I have also sent off these pill to find out what’s in them ! They do nothing for pain I sick of the pharmacy’s looking at me like I am crazy! I know I am right I could never take four Watson. I will continue to fight for my health also filling a lawsuit against this sorry company! Had to go to 6 different CVS pharmacy to find any , this is overwhelming! They should help us! I don’t know what else to say, may God be with us!”

>10 surgeries in 5 yrs · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 2, 2020

Percocet 10/325 (acetaminophen / oxycodone): “I tried one time at a different pharmacy because I called beforehand to ask what brand they carried. They filled it grudgingly and made me feel like I belonged under a bridge with a heroin needle. But their brand, Rhodes, was still better than the Alvogen. I switched back to my old pharmacy who knew me for the crappier pills just to save my self the “shame.” And that is wrong and I shouldn’t have to do that or feel that way. Asking questions about the brand or asking anything about a narcotic seems to immediately put a label and a target on you. In the rare instance when my pharmacy received a different brand (KVT Tech, Mallinckrodt, Aurolife Pharma) they were all white oblong pills and worked well for my pain management. But of course that didn’t last and the abrupt switch back to the round yellow Alvogen gave me withdrawals and pain again. I do not want to leave my doc and pharmacy because I have history there that has protected me from the medication shaming that is so rampant.”

NotHappy · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 29, 2020

Percocet 10/325 (acetaminophen / oxycodone): “There seems to be some sort of issue with either the amount of opioid medication in the pill causing these to be ineffective. In 2016 when the DEA cracked down on pain patients on doctors, the quality of medication plummeted. Most of these are coming from overseas but have received some from RI pharma (perdue pharma generics umbrella company) AND ARE complete garbage. Is there any oversight over these generics? Where is the confirmation that we are getting what we are paying for and most importantly who is monitoring A safe materials supply from other countries? If so many people have noticed an inconsistency with their medications, I find it extremely difficult to believe that we all are wrong. Reports that these medications have been vetted and safe for us Americans to continue to ingest? This should not be this difficult to verify that a medication indeed contains the correct ingredients and accurate levels of that active ingredients to verify that what's declared is actually in it.”

Saying NO to Camber meds · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 26, 2019

Percocet 10/325 (acetaminophen / oxycodone): “Was taking Alvogen (India) brand of acetaminophen with oxycodone again after REALLY bad experience with Camber/Ascent (Hetero is parent company in India) and last month's refill caused the same negative issues as the Camber. Must be one manufacturer in India making ingredients for generic drug makers. Filed another complaint with the FDA's Medwatch (EVERYONE that has an issue with a med MUST do this) and spoke with another FDA pharmacist. Life is hard enough when you're chronically ill but when you have to fight for medication and can't get decent medication it can make life unbearable. I will fight as long as I'm able. Search the net for what's going on with generics. It eye opening and very scary.”

Esmeralda · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 29, 2021

“Oxycodone has helped my pain a lot until RHODES 10-325 acetaminophen/oxycodone. Does not help pain they are garbage!!! Taking oxycodone for 4 years due to cancer lesions on vertebrae from Multiple Myeloma. The vertebrae fractured in a way it is pressing on sciatic nerve. So far no other broken bones. Pain in back, legs shins, numb feet and legs. IT WOULD BE NICE IF ALL MANUFACTURERS COULD MAKE A PRODUCT WE CAN DEPEND ON THAT IS CONSISTENT TO HELP THE PAIN. DON'T MAKE GARBAGE AND STOP CUTTING CORNERS TO SAVE AT OUR EXPENSE.”

Nena · Taken for 10 years or more March 15, 2021

Percocet (acetaminophen / oxycodone): “I've been on my meds since 1997. I was in a car accident crushed against a tree in my car. I didn't start my meds during the craziness. Over 20 years my pain meds keep me normal. I've been with the same pharmacy for about 4 years. I have never given them a problem. In the beginning of this month he claimed to of not had my usual brand. I desperately asked him how it will affect me and is this only once. He told me it's the same different manufacturers and that he hasn't gotten any of my normal ones. I trusted his word. Then once I tried them I called him and complained explaining this is not working. He also suggested I go somewhere else I explained to him that is not right I simply want what I know works for me. I am praying that when it's my next pick up he gives me what I'm supposed to have. This particular brand of percocet has been making me sick it's not a mind thing it's physical pain. U17 are the barings on the pill the brand is Aurolife Pharma LLC and they do not serve there purpose. Please don't make the same mistakes as I did. We have rights”

RnPj2000 · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 9, 2020

Percocet (acetaminophen / oxycodone): “Something needs to be done. 10 mg oxycodone 120 pills. Some are weaker and don't work on the pain. All out of the same bottle. Drug companies should be testing their products to make sure they are consistent! While some are weaker ( in same bottle) some are stronger. For some this could be dangerous.”

TerminalGirl May 19, 2021

“I just want to confirm what other people are saying about AMNEAL PHARM brand of acetaminophen/oxycodone - I feel no pain relief whatsoever. And they are so hard to crush because I have to take with pudding. Have to beat them with a hammer first that’s ridiculous. I’m going to call this company and complain today I don’t know what good it will do. They like other companies are making what feels like placebos and if you ask the pharmacist they look at you like you’re crazy. I wonder if these companies are barely putting the actual active ingredients that we need for pain relief or are they only like 10% of what they need to. They make me have withdrawal symptoms. I don’t like it and they don’t make me itch. Not fair to patients especially that are terminal. If you get a good Percocet and it makes you itch and that means they are legit. The FDA and DEA really need to check into this.”

Joanna · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 15, 2020

Percocet 10/325 (acetaminophen / oxycodone): “I am finding a mixture of two different tablets in the same bottle and I highly suspect that there's a number of false pills. I can tell the difference of the pills and the fact that some of them do nothing for pain and the consistency and taste is different.”

Pepper December 3, 2019

Percocet 10/325 (acetaminophen / oxycodone): “I've been in pain management since 2009. I have chronic pain from a ruptured C6, ruptured L3,4,5 & sciatic pain with stenosis. I was taking the Mallinckrodt brand of acetaminophen and oxycodone & I've known my pharmacist at this particular for over a decade. He came down to the pharmacy consult area & told me that I should transfer my Rx's to a mom & pop so I could get a good brand. Well I switched to a smaller pharmacy and they used the RP little round 10/325 percocets. Heck the bottom of the bottle even looked like it was sand particles + they were irritating my throat. I asked my doctor about it & she told me to switch to another Ma & Pa pharmacy who used Alvogen (yellow) generic percocets. They seem to work just fine & I haven't noticed any additional problems + my throat doesn't get sore. I never knew that these companies could/would make pills with so many different fillers & vary widely in strengths. As for me the best brand of acetaminophen with oxycodone is the round yellow Alvogen 10/325 percocets work good for me...”

TBWebster · Taken for 10 years or more May 15, 2021

“I’ve been on all kinds and dosages hydrocodone, oxycodone, fentanyl, over the past 10 years, Currently back on Oxy for several years. As we all know when you are late, the pain gets stronger, missing a dose is ill. My pharmacy recently stopped carrying my previous brand and switched me to Rhodes brand - they are crumbly and don’t taste right . These are hit and miss, “more miss” and I feel like I’m in withdrawal half the time, not to mention not being able to stand and walk due to the pain. Spoke with my pharmacist and called a new pharmacy, I have to have my doctor switch my preferred pharmacy, because they will not transfer the script this month. Why are there no law firms willing to take on these pharmaceutical companies on our behalf?”

Doc1218 · Taken for 10 years or more January 30, 2020

“It's sad to hear how so many REAL PAIN sufferers are going thru so much because these losers are snorting, injecting and goodness only knows what else with the pills. I've had L-3 spinal fusion for a torn disc, lower back arthritis, dislocated collarbone, carpal tunnel syndrome and sciatica. Dr did surgery on right hand and L-3. I've been on 10/325 percocet for 10 yrs and 10/325 lortabs for 3 yrs. Only ones ever worked was Endocet (yellow E712). Alvogen helps. However, AMNEAL brand pf acetaminophen/oxycodone is nothing more then a tic-tac. I can take 2 at a time and NOTHING feels like pain gets worse. The FDA what are you doing? please investigate! The only thing they monitor is the money they take in, forget the legitimate pain suffering everyday. If they monitor the heroin, marijuana and cocaine half as much the country would be DRUG FREE. I wish us all better days ahead PAIN FREE. Stay strong people!”

Chefjames65 · Taken for less than 1 month August 21, 2020

“I've been prescribed a new generic brand of Oxycodone 10-325the The brand is Was by Dr Reddy Pharmaceutical and it doesn't work. It's not a brand I'm familiar with. It says "Wes 203" on one side and "10-325" on the back. I've have not felt any relief yet and I'm thinking it's a poor quality generic. Is anyone familiar with this brand?”

Crackvenom · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 4, 2020

Percocet (acetaminophen / oxycodone): “I have three bulging disc and a big guy at 240 lb the Rhodes frond of oxycodone with acetaminophen 10-325 medications absolutely useless. They're like taking a placebo or just a regular Tylenol. My doctor said that some people's chemistry binds with the bodies chemicals incorrectly with the medication and makes it to the inert. Does zero. The other percocet brand that starts with an M, weird name worked to reduce pain by 50%”

Kathy · Taken for 10 years or more April 25, 2021

“I've been on pain medication for a very long time now once you've been on them for awhile you can pretty much tell the difference of what works for you and what doesn't. I take oxycodone 10mg and my pharmacy gets Mallinckrodt, they do work for me but sometimes it seems like something is missing. It is saddening to see these comments how there are companies repeatedly having the same complaints and yet nothing is being done about this. Anyways I can relate to a lot of these complaints on here and especially when these pharmacies make you feel like you've done something wrong by asking for a different brand and being made to feel like you're some kind of drug seeker. I feel for you and I'm hoping and praying that things will turn around some day”

Tony July 9, 2021

Percocet (acetaminophen / oxycodone): “I've been taking Percocet 5/325 , 1 and 1/2 times a day for a totally messed up lower back in constant levels of pain when moving, can't stand up straight, For 10 yrs. I also periodically get back injections, and take small amounts of Methocarbamol for spasms, plus occasional Diflocenac when extremely bad... I know for a fact I will never get addicted to the Percocet. I don't feel any " High " or Crave it ever, in fact it makes me nauseous, and constipated... Oddly enough, that little bit, spaced right, combined with other pain relief allow me to get around pretty good, take care of grass cutting etc., It does cut into the most severe pain..... ex. Sciatica, when that flares up. And to be honest it's safer than any other alternative, especially for those of us who never crave the feeling of the drug .... !! To be honest it's overall NOT a physical feeling of well being for me !!! It cuts into pain ..PERIOD !”

Gigi · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 14, 2020

“I have been taking generic Percocet 325/10mg for almost two years. The last refill was a white capsule shaped tablet with the imprint T-194 (Camber Pharmaceuticals, Inc.). Evidently, they are nothing but sugar pills. I have not had any relief since my refill and I have been itching from head to toe. I decided to look them up and looks like I’m not the only one with a complaint.”

DeeDee · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 13, 2019

“I have been on Oxycodone with Percocet 10/325 mg for over 8 years now. I suffer from Thoracic outlet syndrome (TOS), a herniated C5 in my neck and arthritis in my shoulders, neck and knees!! For over a year now, I’ve stayed in chronic pain ever since the pharmaceutical companies have changed the ingredients. I just picked up my prescription last week from CVS and my quality of life is at a 0%, I stopped going to Walgreens because the Oxycodone with Percocet Mallinkrodt brand made me sick, tired and had terrible mood swings!! I can’t get any pain relief to go to work, take care of my home/family by cooking and cleaning or do any normal activities!! These pills are killing us more now, than they have ever before with the "opioid crisis“ of overdose! If you think people overdosed before, people with chronic pain is really going to overdose NOW by taking more than prescribed!!! I hope once this is a reality to the CDC, FDA, DEA and the GOVERNMENT there will be an awarded lawsuit for every patient this has affected!!”

Dolly · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 28, 2019

Percocet 10/325 (acetaminophen / oxycodone): “I have severe pain from bad injuries in my neck , back, both knees.. I was given percocet 10 325 years ago. I must say it does help somewhat in combination with the others my doctor prescribed, but I honestly must say that some manufacturers do seem to me to work better than others. Why that is I am not certain, but I never had a problem with camber. I do have a problem with the mallinckrodt brand. It just doesn't seem to work for me very well and I don't know why. I know that everyone on this earth is different and so maybe that's why the same exact medications might work for some and might not work for others. I just noticed this problem since Walgreens switched the manufacturer to mallinckrodt. But I notice that if you discuss it with your pharmacy they act like your not right upstairs or something. I mean come on it is a legitimate issue to bring up.”

Patty · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 25, 2019

Percocet (acetaminophen / oxycodone): “I'm so sick on these new pills I got at Walgreens, I've been on generic percocet for many years and now I'm going through terrible withdrawals from this brand named MFG Camber. I agree with the others on this site - there is something wrong with this brand. I can't even get myself out of the bed. It is making me shaky, nauseous, unable to function. I'm about ready to go to a hospital if I don't start feeling better. Plus I'm sweating like I've never sweat before. Don't get these Chamber generic percocet...you will be sick as a dog.”

Still suffering · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 16, 2019

Percocet 5/325 (acetaminophen / oxycodone): “I have noticed that manufacturers of percocet use different formulas in their pills. Some are just awful and merely provide a sedative effect with very little pain relief. The ones made by Alvogen (blue/scored) just knock me out and do nothing for the pain. The ones that work the best are the ones that are white, scored on one side and have the #512 on the other side (Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals?). Just 1/2 of those works better for pain than two of any other brands. Stay away from the blue scored ones! They are awful and do NOT help with pain. This opioid issue is merely fear mongering and those people who really need the pain relief are NOT getting the meds that they need because of it”

Ballgame October 26, 2018

Percocet 10/325 (acetaminophen / oxycodone): “I was on Percocet for 6 years, I started on 5/325 and ended on 10/325 . I always took the Malinkroft no matter what pharmacy I had to go to, they were the best for pain relief. My original pharmacy switched to an IP and immediately I could tell the difference, so I complained to my pharmacist and I was not the only one to complain so they switched back to the M357 10/325. My Dr stopped giving them to me in 2014. I went to this same Dr for 7 years and never once had an issue. He gave me 20 pills to wean me off after 6 years of taking 50 milligrams a day 150 a month that was it, I could not find another Dr to even talk about giving me my meds back. I was a construction worker for 30 years, I could still work and do my job until this happened and since then my life has been the pits. I blame the government and people who get pain meds and sell them. I've begged Dr 's to please give me my life back and now I'm looked at like a drug addict.”

Kir February 22, 2020

“I have chronic pain in my back, knees, and sciatica. I’ve been on 7.5/325 MG pain relievers for 2+ years. The makers of my pills/pharmacies has changed many times. That’s when I started doing research. I’ve been taking Camber brand T 193 and don’t like the relief or sick feeling I get from them. Taking this brand has caused me to stay home most if the time now unlike a year ago when I could go to the grocery or other places. (I wish I had a list of the earlier brands that worked) I’ve found Most generics come from India and FDA inspections are lacking. Found this informative link that sheds some light on Generic Drugs. google search - bloomberg culture-of-bending-rules-in-india-challenges-u-s-drug-agency I wish the FDA would recognize that some people’s quality of life depend on medications that work instead of profits. More inspections of foreign drugs are needed.”