User Reviews for Acetaminophen/hydrocodone to treat Pain (Page 9)

Also known as: Norco, Lortab, Anexsia, Lorcet, Dolacet, Verdrocet, Co-Gesic, Duocet, Duradyne DHC, Hydrogesic, Margesic H, Lorcet HD, Lorcet Plus, Hy-Phen, Xodol Hycet Dolagesic Zyfrel Theracodophen Low 90 Anolor DH5 …show all brand names

Acetaminophen/hydrocodone Rating Summary

6.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1465 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Acetaminophen/hydrocodone

Jules2909 August 30, 2016

“I've used this on & off for chronic pain and other health conditions. I find that, for me, it's the only thing that takes the edge off without bad side effects. However, I recently filled a prescription and was given a form by a new manufacturer - Actavis Pharma. They have bought out Watson and changed the formula. Shortly after taking one, I was extremely nauseated and had a horrible headache. It made my pain much worse; I was in bed most of the day. The pharmacy I go to only prescribes this brand now because it's cheaper. There are numerous complaints online from people having bad side effects like I did. The pill id is 2172. If you're given this brand and have problems, please report it to both the FDA and Actavis.”

DanSm August 25, 2016

“I had three spinal operations and both hips replaced during the decade of '00. I suffer from chronic pain related to systemic osteoarthritis and spinal stenosis and have successfully managed my pain with low doses of hydrocodone and acetaminophen (Qualitest). My most recent Rx was filled using product manufactured by Mallinckrodt. For effectiveness in pain relief, Mallinckrodt is substantially INFERIOR to Qualitest.”

Jaymee12345 August 12, 2016

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “Norco is 100% the worst pain medicine out there. Did not reduce my pain the slightest and made me so nauseous. This stuff should not be legal.”

Ajak August 8, 2016

“I've been on Pain Medicine for my Arthritis, Back Shoulder & Neck Pain since 2006 most pain due to a car wreck it is now 2016. The only thing that works for me is Hydrocodone 10/325 Watson brand is the best. I take 3 a day. I've been on a lot of different kinds of pain medication for my chronic pain. ( Was in another car accident March 2016 which made me worse) I was put on fentanyl patch 25 mg, I've taken Percocet 7.5 & 10s. Those are all to strong for me. Watson is only thing that helps me to where I can deal with everyday living. If medication is taken like it your suppose to take it then it won't be a problem. Before last accident some days I didn't need them. God bless all those living in pain. All pain is different. Wish DEA would recognize that”

G-Willie · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 11, 2016

“For my torn rotator cuff I Was prescribed hydro 10/325 (yellow 3601) and there must be something about these (time release or other) but they're not very effective as far as my experience. When I received a refill (what a hassle) I went to different pharmacy and got the UO3 white oval 10/325 and they were 100% better. Took less pills to ease the pain (8 on the pain scale) and after 1 more refill stopped taking. It's a shame that people who are legitimately in pain have to go thru so much hassle to get the prescriptions they need. (People who don't need get huge quantities and sell for huge profit).”

ryanca July 2, 2016

“I had a horrible toothache and was prescribed Tylenol-3s and 875mg amoxicillin. I had to go to the ER to get norcos because the entire right side of my face hurt from my jawbone to my forehead-the Tylenol-3s were USELESS!!!!) on norco 10-325 numbed the pain and now i take one every 6 hrs or as needed and I can sleep again.”

Terrian · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 12, 2016

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “These just don't help me at all and they claim that they are the same as Lortab 7.5 but they are wrong. Lortab help me much better than these do. If they are the same then why call them Norco and change the looks of them. Nobody is fooling the patients that have been in severe pain”

OC Guy May 23, 2016

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “I tore my adductor muscles from slipping on some mats in a martial arts class 6 years ago. I've had two sports hernia operations which helped but I have some permanent nerve damage in my thighs. I get burning and shocks in my thighs. I have been taking 1-2 norco as needed for several years and they work great. I know they are highly addictive but no other pain killer allows me to work, have fun with family and friends, and continue to train in my martial arts. I sometimes go 3-5 days without any and rarely take more than 2 a day. If you have chronic pain or permanent nerve damage these can give you your life back.”

ChefJames65 May 5, 2016

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “I was taking Percocet for some 6 years and I felt it was time for a change. I was put in Norco 10-325, same level as the Percocet I was taking. The first dose gave me a pleasant high and seem to be effective on the pain.....but....about one hour later, u became horribly nauseated...and vomited up the medication! Future doses proved the same results. This went on for @ 10 days,even with an empty stomach. I tried Dramamine, water pills, Bonine, Metzlicine, but no matter what, it made me horribly nauseated!, in addition to that, I felt very lathorgic, brain dead, and my sense of taste and smell seem to elude me.although it did release the pain, the side effects superceded the benefits. I am now back on my Percocet 10-325.”

Kittenface · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 29, 2016

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “The vicodin 10/300 is my last resort for migraines when Frova/Immitrex does not work. I take it with Zofran because I am always nauseated with my migraines and very rarely do I have to take another dose to get rid of the migraine. This medication has saved me from going to the ER numerous times.”

MeggieMoo April 21, 2016

“I've been taking 7.5 hydrocodone for endometriosis and cysts. This medication helps the pain very well but causes constipation and a little nausea. I'm sketchy about taking it to often due to risks of addiction”

Robert Lee C · Taken for 10 years or more April 7, 2016

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “I had knee surgery in 2001. The surgeon screwed up a nerve and I have been in chronic pain (24/7) since. Vicodin works better than anything else I've tried, including morphine. Without it, I am in pain and can't sleep at night. I can now understand why people commit suicide because they can't take the pain anymore.”

no relief in Ohio · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 7, 2016

“My foot was severely broken in a auto accident and my doctor prescribed 5/325 norco 1 to 2 every 4 hours. The pain is so bad all I can do is moan. The doctor is a young buck and apparently doesn't understand the pain I'm having.”

Reed2016 March 15, 2016

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “I had surgery to repair a torn labrum in my left hip as well as severe damage to my cartilage. It was an incredibly painful surgery and was prescribed the 10/325 hydrocodone (norco) for my pain. One tablet every 4-6 hours the first 2 weeks post op helped incredibly with the pain. I was given another prescription for the same thing for my PT (lasting 4-6 months post op). I no longer took them regularly, only before/after PT which could be incredibly painful. 1-2 tablets did the job, providing incredible relief from pretty severe pain. Only negative side effect I experienced was itching, particularly when I would take 2 tablets (20 mg). However, 2 tablets provided wonderful pain relief and also relaxed me mentally. Thumbs up.”

lizbug · Taken for less than 1 month March 7, 2016

“I had a very painful reconstructed dental root canal. This medication did very little for my pain. Advil was more effective.”

lynsar69 · Taken for less than 1 month March 1, 2016

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “This medication did not help my pain post surgery. My doctor had to change me to Percocet after 2 weeks. I even tried taking 2 at a time, with no relief. It was like there was no effect at all; I did not get drowsy so it did not help me sleep, it did not give me the jitters, or a 'high' feeling. I cannot see how anyone would take these for recreational use or get addicted. They do absolutely nothing.”

Vanessa Back March 1, 2016

Maxidone (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “I used the medication and was doing better than I had been in years, then suddenly I was switched off of it due to the new law and haven't been able to be put back on it since. Don't understand why. I was told it was taken off the market.”

Teresa Boudreaux · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2016

Lorcet (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “Pain and non stop coughing for over a month. I took one pill with food with dinner and felt relief within 20 min. Slept great and felt much better the next morning.”

DJ37 February 5, 2016

“Hello all, I had the worst experience of my life with medication with this prescription (hydrocodone-acetaphetomen 5-325). Now I took Vicodin years ago after I got in a bad car wreck, and it worked great. THIS IS NOT the same. I took this for getting a tooth pulled. I took one on the first night, no real relief. The next morning the gum is still bugging me, Pharmacist recommends I take 2. Within one hour I'm spaced out sick, dizzy, and short of breath. I literally felt like I was going to die. I call the Pharmacist back who assures me it will pass, I don't need to go to an ER. So I wait it out,took 10 HOURS to pass. Scariest part being the shortness of breath.DO NOT TAKE THIS, I can't warn you enough. It is not the Vicodin of the past”

She.she · Taken for less than 1 month December 14, 2015

“I've been taking this medication for 6 years. Just last month the pharmacy gave me this other brand which had U03 on it. I've never seen this one before. The effectiveness of this was not good. It made me sick to my stomach also. I've never had a issue with 10/325 hydrocodone until this months supply. Will never get these again!”

Ivory dream · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 8, 2015

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “This drug is better than nothing. I wonder why it is used for severe pain. It doesn't help stabbing nerve pain. It helps back pain (herniated disks, arthritis, degenerative disk disease) a little. Not much help for neck pain either. I need Lyrica for neuropathy and the two give some relief for fibromyalgia and arthritis (along with glucosamine). My pain level remains disabling.”

Truly Amazed December 6, 2015

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “This is one of the most amazing medicines; and, when used correctly, can neutralize body pain and help you feel like normal again. Also, it is one of the only medicines on the market that does not make me feel loopy and can function effectively on it. Before taking this I had hip, shoulder, back and foot pain/arthritis and was unable to walk on my foot for several months before getting this medicine. all good now!”

smokeeater · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 24, 2015

Lortab (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “Had back surgeries and neck, after I fractured both. Have titanium plates in my neck and cadaver bones in my lower back. Tried eveything. Naproxen, percocet, oxycontin, vicodin. Lortab is the only one that I can take that let's me get on with my life. Tho, I do have to watch when I take it, mostly before I do anything strenuous, and 3 hours before bed. For day to day stuff it works the absolute best.”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more November 5, 2015

“I have been put on all types of pain medication and this one does the trick of easing pain. I am highly allergic to the non-steriodal anti-inflammatory drug family.”

rmkardes · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 9, 2015

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “I have psoriatic oseto arthritis and this controls pain well at 1 mg 4 times daily Heavy fatigue, low blood pressure”