User Reviews for Acetaminophen/hydrocodone to treat Pain (Page 8)

Also known as: Norco, Lortab, Anexsia, Lorcet, Dolacet, Verdrocet, Co-Gesic, Duocet, Duradyne DHC, Hydrogesic, Margesic H, Lorcet HD, Lorcet Plus, Hy-Phen, Xodol Hycet Dolagesic Zyfrel Theracodophen Low 90 Anolor DH5 …show all brand names

Acetaminophen/hydrocodone Rating Summary

6.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1465 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Acetaminophen/hydrocodone

dogwalker011 · Taken for less than 1 month April 25, 2017

“Have a rib contusion and a fractured rib. Nausea and slow thinking result from this drug combination. Pain is intense -- worst ever, no relief ”

Tking018 April 18, 2017

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “This medication has gave me my quality of life back. I have fibromyalgia and was diagnosed at 23yrs old. I started out with 5/325mg 3x a day and 4 yrs later am on 10/325 mg 4x a day. Be careful because this medication is habit forming but in combo with gabapentin and cymbalta, it works for me. By the way, I read someones comment about lortab being the same as Norco, and they are not identical. The difference is the mg of (tylenol). Hope this was helpful.”

Luqicharmz · Taken for less than 1 month April 17, 2017

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “I am a recovering opiate addict (2 yrs 4 mos). The dentist prescribed Norco 5/325 after a terrible root canal. It scared me. The thought of relapse is something that I've fought hard to avoid. So my husband filled the script, we said a prayer and he was in charge of dosing and hiding the pills. It worked. No traditional opioid high or weird effects. Just pain relief. I have noticed a bit of a rash on my chest and arms, but it doesn't itch and isn't raised. I can't say that you should take this if you have a history of addiction. You'll have to decide what kind of place you are in and if you have someone to monitor your pills. I can only speak for my experience. Best of luck everyone.”

Vicodinuser · Taken for 10 years or more April 12, 2017

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “Patient has been taking this for ongoing pain conditions and Dr. Is requiring a change in pain medicine to non narcotic. Approach of behavioral modification including physical therapy along with counselling has been recommended at this time.”

Jsam50 · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 9, 2017

“I have Psoriasis/psoriatic Arthritis with back surgery and implants. Percocet combined with several other drugs to form I guess a narcotic cocktail has given me several years of life I otherwise would not have had what less be able to enjoy. I do have some side effects but they are manageable and worth dealing with. My worse side effects are the drugs have caused my stool to become dry and hard to pass however with the addition of Miralax that problem has been completely resolved there are others but nothing that would make me even consider stopping or even reducing the meds. My personal opinion is take them responsibly don't change doctors or pharmacies take them exactly as directed even if you dont think you need one at that time don't stop therapeutic dosages as I have learned this lesson the hard way.”

Endochick April 3, 2017

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “I have Endometriosis and chronic pelvic pain. This drug has given me my life back it works well for me and still allows me to function and care for my family. I was prescribed 10/325 three times a day and it does the trick. Soon I will see a pain management doctor and I'm not sure what he'll prescribe but we shall see.”

homebuilder · Taken for less than 1 month March 29, 2017

“In my travels, I keep a couple of combo acetymenophin/codeine derivative pills available, in the case of either diarrhea or sleepnessness. I use it very sparingly and never combine it with alcoholic drinks. Quite satisfactory--worth toting around. Long shelf life, apparently.”

Tardis1025 · Taken for 10 years or more March 23, 2017

“The new round 5/325 U01 hydrocodone pills by Aurolife Pharma is different. I don't know what they added or subtracted, but I have been on 10mg for 10+yrs and I got these today; I have never been so drugged up in my life. I slept for 6 hrs during the day. I believe this may be their way of combating drug abusers, but they forget not everyone is a abuser. I get my medicine from a pain clinic.Be careful if you take these.”

Lemonlover · Taken for less than 1 month March 12, 2017

“I broke them in half and they relieved my pain very effectively. No adverse effects.”

Arthriticmama · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 21, 2017

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “Doesn't do anything. No nausea, drowsiness or relief. Used to take Vicodin worked much better.”

Willowfish February 17, 2017

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “I was prescribed Norco 5/325 to manage post-operative pain from a tooth extraction. The first time I took it, I took one pill became really nauseous and didn't feel any pain relief. The second time I took 2 pills. I didn't develop nausea, which was good, but I also didn't experience any pain relief or drowsiness. It was like I hadn't taken anything at all.”

Grace S January 30, 2017

“I broke my upper arm and was given 5-325 for pain. It was very effective with no noticeable side effects. I slept really well, too, even in the sling.”

gnaufa January 30, 2017

“This medication was given to me for complete knee replacementpain. It gave me no relief from the pain, so little relief I can't even say, my therapy session would put me through the roof whether I took this med 15 mins. before or 1 hour before . It's been a horrendous experience and I will never go thru this again, even though I need a 2nd one done. I had in home therapy and the pain was horrendous all the time, these are more like sugar pills and the drs. won't give stronger because they think you'll get addicted.”

Lizrd January 13, 2017

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “Works better than 5MG Oxycodone. I do not feel that the 5/325 Norco works at all but the 10/325 does help. Some people can & will get an upset stomach when taking it. All you have to do is ask for some nausea medication to go with it. I think it is a bit rediculous that it is so hard to get, especially when you ARE in extreme pain. I honestly feel that it helps with my fibromyalgia pain as well, not fully but it does help.”

Tidal wave · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 12, 2017

“This was given to me after a very invasive surgery to help with pain. It was a very scary surgery. I found the med totally ineffective in helping w/my pain.”

sopranofan · Taken for less than 1 month December 25, 2016

“I suffer from chronic pain and take a extended longer acting opiate pain med (methadone 10mg). However I had a dental abscess on the 23rd and was rxd hydrocodone/acet 10-325 in the emergency room and it worked wonderful. The methadone works well for chronic everyday pain but when a sharp,acute, pain such as a toothache ,earache or any kind of acute pain the norco (hydrocodone 10/325) knocks the edge right off of it. No tiredness,grogginess, just fast pain relief. I was also rxd Hydrocodone 7.5/650 (Vicodin ES) a long time ago and I remember it worked well then too.”

cbaker853 · Taken for 10 years or more December 6, 2016

“I suffer from chronic pain due to severe arthritis and stenosis in my lumbar spine. I take vicodin as needed to alleviate 'breakthrough' pain, i.e., occasional pain so great that my usual daily maintenance dose of Embeda ER (morphine/naltrexone) cannot relieve it. It works well, with the usual opioid side effects, hence a score of 8.”

broken elbow November 18, 2016

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “Broke my elbow. Did Nothing for pain. Took Ibuprofen. Worked better than that junk. Fortunately, it only cost $4.”

ChiweenieCaddi · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 1, 2016

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “I've got severe arthritis in my lumbar vertebrae and right hip. (I've got a hip replacement coming up) plus degenerative disc disease in lumbar discs too. Norco 5/325 allows me to walk a little more, play with my dog and get a few chores done. Norco doesn't take all the pain away but it does helps improve the quality of my life.”

Wildcigo · Taken for less than 1 month October 29, 2016

“I think it was the dosage that was too low given to me”

Zjejeis2jb October 29, 2016

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “I am only 18 years old. I have had two major hip surgeries that have been unsuccessful due to an underdeveloped right hip joint. My pain is awful. I am fine for 3 to 5 days without pain and on those days I don't take any pain killers. But on the days that my hip hurts I can't even walk on it and I need to use crutches to just get around. I am 18 and the doctor told me that this cycle may continue for years to come. He has prescribed 10-325mg norco for the pain plus 800mg of ibuprofen. The combination works very well. The larger dose of ibuprofen greatly reduces inflamation in area of pain so that the norco can relieve the pain. I highly recommend this combo for any one with sharp shooting pain coming from your back or hip and running down.”

Mama Laura October 22, 2016

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “Works better than morphine after surgery. Dilopid gave me a migraine, Other narcotics made me itchy. This takes pain away and leaves me a bit relaxed so I can get some rest.”

Retired Veteran T October 15, 2016

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “When they switched me to Norco I had to deal with more pain. The medication is half as effective and makes me sick to my stomach many times. GOV'T doesn't care about the people with real pain more concerned with the drug addicts (which more people are becoming because they can't get the pain relief they need.)”

DebbieInLA · Taken for less than 1 month October 15, 2016

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “So I ended up at the emergency room for severe upper hip pain - no injury to speak of and they prescribe Norco. Dr. explain it is sciatic nerve pain which originated in the back and radiated into the hip and thigh area. Nevertheless this drug did absolutely nothing except make me rather "woozy" but the pain is still very much there. Luckily I have ibuprofen on hand so when the Norco wore off I took that instead. I won't say it worked like a charm but it was certainly better than Norco. Hopefully I feel better in the morning if not I guess I'll be going to urgent care since it's the weekend :(”

markris · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 30, 2016

“I have several very rare incurable conditions that cause severe pain 24/7. I have permanent nerve damage, bone and spine pain and the list goes on. Unfortunately, I have to be on pain meds daily in order to have some quality of life. I have been taking Norco at adjusted levels for over 4yrs now. I wish I didn't have to take anything, but it's an unfortunate reality. That being said, I take the same medication from a different manufacturer every month, and my pharmacy tries to accommodate me because for some reason I get extremely ill when I have to take the medication from your company. I have ended up in the hospital once and once again my pharmacy was out of my normal meds and I am stuck with yours. They barely work and I'm so sick!!!!”