User Reviews for Acetaminophen/hydrocodone to treat Pain (Page 7)

Also known as: Norco, Lortab, Anexsia, Lorcet, Dolacet, Verdrocet, Co-Gesic, Duocet, Duradyne DHC, Hydrogesic, Margesic H, Lorcet HD, Lorcet Plus, Hy-Phen, Xodol Hycet Dolagesic Zyfrel Theracodophen Low 90 Anolor DH5 …show all brand names

Acetaminophen/hydrocodone Rating Summary

6.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1465 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Acetaminophen/hydrocodone

Wisco Man · Taken for less than 1 month December 28, 2017

“Cervical pinch nerve causing extreme aching/pain in my left arm. 5/325 of hydrocodone (2 every four hours) helped with the misery I was going through. Made me very drowsy and constipated though.”

Fav · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 27, 2017

“Not working for pain”

Daddyman December 5, 2017

“I take two to three 325mg-5mg tablets daily for chronic unexplained muscular/skeletal pain throughout my body. (5-years now) At this dose the pain is still present but somewhat tolerable. This is the help that I was looking for when I first started being treated by a pain management doctor. This low dose allows me to function in daily life without being too mentally "off" and I do not have any serious side effects. Other meds have been tried but had more side effects and did nothing for the pain.”

PumpkinBill · Taken for 10 years or more November 30, 2017

“These pills are a joke! They don't work at all! How they can call these pain pills a pain medication. I'll never know!”

Red777 · Taken for less than 1 month November 17, 2017

“Works great!! I just had all my teeth pulled.Doesn't make me drowsy!! Just takes the pain away!!”

HelpIhurttoo · Taken for 10 years or more November 8, 2017

“The 10 mg generic Norco works for me for about an hour and a half. Since I had my gastric bypass surgery , pain medication seems to not help my pain as well as they use to and most definitely, not near as long. I have only taken Norco, Percocet and oxycodone, which I found the oxycodone not only relieves my pain better, it seems to help the pain a bit longer than the others I have tried”

Stubear · Taken for 10 years or more November 1, 2017

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “I've been taking Vicodin or something like it for years. First for migraine headache and occasional back pain. Total of maybe 30 pills a year. My most pressing need were bouts with cellulitis. If I were to describe the pain, think placing you leg in a bucket of scalding water up to the knee. I took it round the clock for a few weeks. I now take it for chronic knee and hip pain. The dosage is 5 mg 3 times a day as needed. I rarely ever take 3 doses. Most days maybe 1 or 2 and if the pain is manageable, I don't use it at all. I'm averaging 60 pills every 4 months. The talk of addiction precludes me from taking it when I (or even my wife) feel I should. I've never felt high or drugged. The only side effect I see is less pain.”

Walnutt October 31, 2017

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “I was prescribed this after wisdom removal. It makes me nauseous so I also take zofran which fixes that. It also makes me extremely tired but it takes most of the pain away. Not all of it, but it definitely helps me function a little better”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 12, 2017

“It does the job of pacifying my gout and arthritis pain well. It does however come with the traditional side effects; you build up a tolerance, it can make it hard to focus, it will make you sleepy, and once you come off it you will likely have withdrawal for 3-5 days and it will cost you sleep.”

Hate Kaiser October 12, 2017

“This was a very effective medicine for chronic pain / nerve damage and peripheral neuropathy. Kaiser has now chosen to use M367's; which have a binder on it that is not soluable in the intestinal tract and causes stomach upset and NO effect of the supposed narcotic contained. The binder prevents absorption, which in effect means, you are spending money on poop. Shame on Kaiser for punishing those who do not abuse the real Vicodins / Norco 10/325' and shame on the Fed's who lump ALL people who take vicodin into an abuser category.”

MusicIsMyMiddleName October 8, 2017

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “I started having mild ankle pain about two years ago that increased to severe pain now. Doctor's still can't figure out what's wrong with me or what is causing the pain. Is it my back or my actual ankle? I have been put on many pain medications which haven't worked till now. I am currently taking Norco 7.5 along with Gabapentin 300 mg 3 times a day and I am able to function. At first, I was scared because I didn't want to become addicted but, when you can't function at all due to the severe pain, you put all those fears aside and you go for it. At first you do feel a little high with the med but, your body become adjusted to it and you begin to feel normal and with less, LESS pain. Take your meds as directed & follow up with your MD.”

XW · Taken for less than 1 month October 2, 2017

“Terrible choice! Was prescribed this after wisdom teeth removal surgery and had the most unpleasant side effect experience after taking only 1 pill. It did manage to stop the pain to be fair but it gave me 4 hours' nausea, dizziness, and vomiting. Had I known I would experience such severe side effect I would rather just deal with the pain.”

Roberttry · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 25, 2017

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “Delays male orgasm significantly almost to the point of not being able to finish.”

glboy September 17, 2017

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “Taken for severe pain due to chest wall bruising resulting from a bicycle accident.”

dokshep5461 · Taken for 10 years or more September 16, 2017

“Taken as prescribed this with other prescription & over the counter meds allow me to function as well as I'll ever be able to. All pain is not removed but is lowered to point that I'm able to buck up do most of what is necessary. I have been on some type prescribed opioid almost 20 years , liver function is checked regularly, as well as for any other signs of abuse, and there has been no problems. I take for pain from 4 low back surgeries, that resulted in rsd, 'failed back surgery syndrome'. Taken as meant to be there should only be a lowering of pain, I've never experienced a 'high' from taking my pain meds.”

mikkee · Taken for less than 1 month September 16, 2017

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “I got this after I had my wisdom tooth extracted. I was still in pain after taking it. It didn't do much.”

Girl w sciatica · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 13, 2017

“This particular pill seems much more effective. It eases the pain faster and seems as if it lasts a bit longer than others.”

Jason734 August 24, 2017

“This medication works wonders with no side effects for me, takes away pain and may seem to give a bit of energy probably due to not being in pain, anyone who blames their heroin addiction on pain meds are just full of it. It's their choice whether they want to do that or not, I've been on norco on and off for years and if anyone offered me 100 million to try heroin I would never do it because look where you end up ( dead most of the time ) If you take hydrocodone as prescribed you will be fine and just ease your way off on your last ones and break them in half. Why they would want to even think about getting rid of a medicine that actually helps is beyond me. I put up with severe pain because of doctors today cause of the addicts, It's sad.”

Rwr1 July 29, 2017

“I'm trying to figure what variations between brands!! Just started this particular brand! Gotta compare it but, seems to be doing the job ok!! Seems no doc in New Jersey will give enough to live like a human being!!! Very cruel to start someone on this and then give only two a day!! They only last 4 or 5 hours and your body is screaming through the evening and morning until you can take your next pill!!! One hell of a way to live!!! Need to go to a state that offers proper treatment!!! With rheumatoid arthritis, back, hip, shoulder and neck injury, as well as sjogrens and fibromyalgia!###!!! I suffer like a junk yard dog to core of being!!!#! Merciless !#!!!! :( I have skin problem on back as well!!! You can only hope it happens to them!#!”

Smalm · Taken for less than 1 month July 28, 2017

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “I take Norco for my kidney and back pain caused by a festering UTI that was getting worse. I am so happy to be on this pill Norco. The emergency department put me on it last night as well as Zofran for nausea caused by the antibiotic. The Norco causes mild stomach pain but for me takes a full 1 to 2 hours to kick in. I can actually sleep without my kidneys killing me! So happy to be on it. It is a life saver.”

Seabury July 4, 2017

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “Worked well to reduce pain from Mastoiditis. Slight nausea.”

NorcoMan June 28, 2017

“I compound fractured my tib/fib (lower leg) and was in unbearable pain I had to get an emergency surgery to get 3 surgical steel rods put in my leg. I went home 2 weeks later from heavy morphine usage at the hospital my doctor prescribed me with norco and it works very well I feel absolutely no pain what so ever all though I do feel tired and happy whilst on the pain killer it works out amazingly for my situation.”

Nah swollen · Taken for less than 1 month June 27, 2017

“There is some filler in this medication that I am allergic to. The medication itself is not that effective. This company and North Star Pharma use the same filler that I am allergic to. My face, tongue, eyes, throat, ear drums, hands and feet swell so badly it renders the drug useless. I am taking the findings to an allergist and from hence forth will have to screen every drug I take. Thanks for that, Sincerely, Swollen”

SmilenAnnie June 17, 2017

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “I broke my femur at the top and had surgery to put in a plate and pins. The pain is almost intolerable. At first I was given oxy, but did not tolerate it well. The Dr. switched me to Norco and I am alert, awake and best of all out of pain. I get an upset stomach occasionally, but the Dr. has given me a prescription that controls that.”

kamdebbi April 26, 2017

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “I'm a 54 yo woman with chronic back leg and arm pain due to degenerative disc disease. My whole lumbar is fused. 3 herniated discs in the thoracic and 5 now in the cervical that need repair. I rely on Norco just to be able to get out of bed sometimes and to do chores like cut the grass. One of the best I've taken, Only thing I've noticed is I don't sleep when I take it. I just rest. I'm now lost as the laws are changing and my surgeon cannot give me scripts due to being post surgical a year. Family Dr doesn't issue narcotics at all, so I ended up at a high priced pain clinic that will only prescribe 5/325 2x a day! what a joke....... those of us that need it can't get it .”