MedImmune To Present Eight Abstracts on Projects Regarding Thoracic and Respiratory Issues at the Annual American Thoracic Society International Conference
GAITHERSBURG, Md., May 13, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- MedImmune announced today it will present eight abstracts at the American Thoracic Society (ATS) International Conference in Denver, CO, May 13-18, 2011. "These data advance our understanding of thoracic diseases, highlighting our continued commitment to help improve patient health," said Bing Yao, Senior Vice President and Leader of the RIA innovative Medicines Unit (iMED) at MedImmune.
MedImmune abstracts to be presented at the ATS International Conference include:
- IL-1 Family Members Have Different Effects on the Innate Pro-inflammatory and Anti-viral Responses of Epithelial Cells to Rhinovirus. Briend E, et al. Poster Session: May 16, 2011 Time: 10:45 - 12:30 PM, Colorado Convention Center Area J, Hall B (Upper Level)
- Cytokine Profiling in Severe Asthma Sub-phenotypes Using Factor and Cluster Analysis. Desai D, et al. Poster Session: May 16, 2011 Time: 3 - 3:15 PM, HRD Ballroom A-B-C (3rd Level)
- Expression Patterns of Interleukin-1 Receptor 1 in COPD Patients, Smokers and Never-smoking Control Subjects. Bergqyist A, et al. Poster Session: May 16, 2011 Time: 8:15 AM – 4:30 PM, Colorado Convention Center Area E, Hall B (Upper Level)
- Full Length IL-33 Activates Primary Human Mast Cells and It's Inhibited by Neutralising Antibodies. Cohen S, et al. Poster Session: May 17, 2011 Time: 8:15 AM – 4:30 PM, Colorado Convention Center Area F, Hall B (Upper Level)
- The Epithelial-derived Signals TSLP, IL-25 and IL-33 Converge on OX40L to Elicit House-dust Mite 0 Induced Allergic Airway Inflammation in Mice. Llop-Guerva A, et al. Poster Session: May 16, 2011 Time: 8:15 AM – 4:30 PM, Colorado Convention Center Area K, Hall B (Upper Level)
- In Vitro Cellular Response to Respiratory Syncytial Virus and Human Rhinovirus Infection of Primary Human Airway Epithelial Cells Derived From Healthy and COPD/Asthmatic Donors. Svabek C, et al. Poster Session: May 15, 2011 Time: 8:15 AM – 4:30 PM, Colorado Convention Center Area J, Hall B (Upper Level)
- Comparison of the Preventative, Therapeutic and Prophylactic Effects of Anti-g and Anti-f RSV Glycoprotein Antibodies in the Response to Primary and Secondary RSV Infection. Han J, et al. Poster Session: May 18, 2011 Time: 2 – 4:30 PM, Colorado Convention Center Rooms 503-504 (Street Level)
- Longitudinal Measures of Pulmonary Function in Healthy Late Preterm Infants Delivered at 33-36 Weeks of Gestation. McEvoy C, et al. Poster Session: May 16, 2011 Time: 2 – 4:30 PM, Colorado Convention Center Rooms 501-502 (Street Level)
Additional information about the 2011 ATS conference can be found at: http://conference.thoracic.org/
MedImmune, the global biologics business for AstraZeneca PLC (LSE: AZN.L, NYSE: AZN), has approximately 3,500 employees worldwide and is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland. With an advancing pipeline of promising drug candidates, MedImmune strives to deliver life-changing products, rewarding careers to our employees and a tireless commitment to improving patient health. For more information, visit MedImmune's website at www.medimmune.com.
Posted: May 2011