Durata Therapeutics Announces Five Abstracts Concerning Dalbavancin and Management of abSSTI at ICAAC 2012
MORRISTOWN, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug 29, 2012 - Durata Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DRTX) today announced that data from multiple studies of its investigational drug dalbavancin and of the outpatient management of acute bacterial skin and soft tissue infection (abSSTI) will be presented in five posters during the 52nd Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC). The conference will be held in San Francisco, CA from September 9-12, 2012.
Sunday, September 9, 2012
- Update of Dalbavancin (DAL) Activity in the USA: Report from the SENTRY Program (2011). (Jones, et al). Session Number: 010, Presentation Number: C2-138, 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM (Halls A-C)
- Comparative In Vitro Activity of Dalbavancin (DAL) and Other Gram- Positive Agents Against a Recent Collection of European Bacterial Isolates (Simenauer, et al). Session Number 010, Presentation Number: C2-134, 11:30 – 1:30 PM (Halls A-C).
- Costs of Outpatient Parenteral Antibiotic Therapy (OPAT) for the Management of Gram+ Acute Bacterial Skin and Soft Tissue Infections (abSSTIs) (Khachatryan, et al). Session Number: 020, Presentation Number: K-239, 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM (Halls A-C)
Monday, September 10, 2012
- A Single-Center, Randomized, Placebo- and Positive-Controlled, Parallel-Group Study of the Electrocardiographic Effects of Dalbavancin in Healthy Male and Female Subjects. (Dunne, et al). Session Number: 082, Presentation Number: A-623, 11:15 AM – 1:15 PM (Halls A-C)
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
- A Multi-Site Study Comparing an 18-24h Commercially Prepared Dried MIC Susceptibility System to the CLSI Broth Microdilution Method for Dalbavancin Using Fastidious and non-Fastidious Gram-Positive Organisms (Killian, et al). Session Number: 173, Presentation Number: E-1467, 11:15 AM- 1:15 PM (Halls A-C)
*Note: all times are listed in Pacific Time.
Dalbavancin is an intravenous antibiotic product candidate under investigation for the treatment of patients with acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections, or abSSSI, caused by Gram-positive bacteria, such as S. aureus, including Methicillin-Resistant and multi-drug resistant strains, and certain streptococcal species. The product candidate is a semi-synthetic lipoglycopeptide designed and under investigation for once-weekly intravenous dosing which may facilitate the treatment of patients with abSSSI in both the in-patient and out-patient settings, potentially reducing the length of a patient's hospital stay or avoiding hospital admission altogether, with an impact on the overall cost of care for these patients.
About Durata Therapeutics
Durata Therapeutics is a pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel therapeutics for patients with infectious diseases and acute illnesses. Durata is currently enrolling and dosing patients in two global Phase 3 clinical trials with its lead product candidate, dalbavancin, for the treatment of patients with acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections, or abSSSI.
Any statements in this press release about Durata's future expectations, plans and prospects constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements. Durata anticipates that subsequent events and developments will cause its views to change. However, while Durata may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, Durata specifically disclaims any obligation to do so.
Contact: Media Relations Contact
White Oak Communications, Inc.
Investor Relations Contacts
Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer
Lee M. Stern
The Trout Group LLC
Posted: August 2012