This material must not be used for commercial purposes, or in any hospital or medical facility. Failure to comply may result in legal action.
Tdap And Td Vaccines In Adults
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
Tdap is a shot given to protect you from tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis. Td is a shot given to protect you from tetanus and diphtheria.
Call 911 for any of the following:
- Your mouth and throat are swollen.
- You are wheezing or have trouble breathing.
- You have chest pain or your heart is beating faster than usual.
- You have severe pain, redness, and swelling in your arm where the shot was given.
Seek care immediately if:
- Your face is red or swollen.
- You have hives that spread over your body.
- You feel weak or dizzy.
Contact your healthcare provider if:
- You have a fever or chills.
- You have a headache, body aches, or joint pain.
- You have nausea or diarrhea, or you are vomiting.
- You have questions or concerns about the vaccine.
Apply a warm compress
to the injection area as directed to decrease pain and swelling.
Follow up with your healthcare provider as directed:
Write down your questions so you remember to ask them during your visits.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.