This material must not be used for commercial purposes, or in any hospital or medical facility. Failure to comply may result in legal action.
Call 911 for any of the following:
- Your mouth and throat are swollen.
- You are wheezing or have trouble breathing.
- You have chest pain or your heart is beating faster than normal for you.
- You feel like you are going to faint.
Return to the emergency department if:
- Your face is red or swollen.
- You have hives that spread over your body.
- You feel weak or dizzy.
Contact your healthcare provider if:
- You have increased pain, redness, or swelling around the area where the shot was given.
- You have questions or concerns about the influenza vaccine.
Apply a warm compress
to the injection area if you got a flu shot. Apply the compress as directed to decrease pain and swelling.
Follow up with your healthcare provider as directed:
Write down your questions so you remember to ask them during your visits.
© 2016 Truven Health Analytics Inc. Information is for End User's use only and may not be sold, redistributed or otherwise used for commercial purposes. All illustrations and images included in CareNotes® are the copyrighted property of A.D.A.M., Inc. or Truven Health Analytics.
The above information is an educational aid only. It is not intended as medical advice for individual conditions or treatments. Talk to your doctor, nurse or pharmacist before following any medical regimen to see if it is safe and effective for you.