This material must not be used for commercial purposes, or in any hospital or medical facility. Failure to comply may result in legal action.
Cryotherapy Wart Removal
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
Cryotherapy wart removal is a procedure to remove your wart by freezing it with liquid nitrogen.
Seek care immediately if:
- You have pain or swelling that gets worse, or does not go away.
Contact your healthcare provider if:
- You have a fever.
- You have a blister or open sore after treatment that does not heal.
- Your wound is red, swollen, and draining pus.
- Your wart does not go away completely or it returns.
- You have questions or concerns about your condition or care.
- NSAIDs , such as ibuprofen, help decrease swelling, pain, and fever. This medicine is available with or without a doctor's order. NSAIDs can cause stomach bleeding or kidney problems in certain people. If you take blood thinner medicine, always ask if NSAIDs are safe for you. Always read the medicine label and follow directions. Do not give these medicines to children under 6 months of age without direction from your child's healthcare provider.
- Take your medicine as directed. Contact your healthcare provider if you think your medicine is not helping or if you have side effects. Tell him or her if you are allergic to any medicine. Keep a list of the medicines, vitamins, and herbs you take. Include the amounts, and when and why you take them. Bring the list or the pill bottles to follow-up visits. Carry your medicine list with you in case of an emergency.
Care for the treated area as directed. You may have pain and burning in the treated area for 1 to 2 days after your procedure. You may also have redness and swelling, or you may develop a blister in the treated area. A scab will form in the treated area and may take up to 2 weeks to fall off.
Follow up with your healthcare provider as directed:
You may need to return for more cryotherapy treatments. Write down your questions so you remember to ask them during your visits.
© 2017 Truven Health Analytics Inc. Information is for End User's use only and may not be sold, redistributed or otherwise used for commercial purposes. All illustrations and images included in CareNotes® are the copyrighted property of A.D.A.M., Inc. or Truven Health Analytics.
The above information is an educational aid only. It is not intended as medical advice for individual conditions or treatments. Talk to your doctor, nurse or pharmacist before following any medical regimen to see if it is safe and effective for you.