Generic Name: Anthralin Cream (AN thrah lin)
Brand Name: Dritho-Scalp, Zithronal RR
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jun 18, 2019.
Uses of Zithronal RR:
- It is used to treat psoriasis.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Zithronal RR?
- If you have an allergy to anthralin or any other part of Zithronal RR (anthralin cream).
- If the psoriasis is red or swollen.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with Zithronal RR (anthralin cream).
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Zithronal RR (anthralin cream) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Zithronal RR?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Zithronal RR (anthralin cream). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- This medicine may stain fabric, flooring, painted surfaces, marble, granite, vinyl, and enamel.
- This medicine may stain fingernails, hair, and skin.
- Clean shower or tub right away after use to avoid staining.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using Zithronal RR (anthralin cream) while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Zithronal RR) best taken?
Use Zithronal RR (anthralin cream) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
For all uses of Zithronal RR (anthralin cream):
- Keep out of your mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
- Avoid putting on healthy skin.
- Clean affected part before use. Make sure to dry well.
- Put a thin layer on the affected skin and rub in gently.
- Leave on the skin for as long as the doctor told you to, then wash off.
- Wash your hands before and after use. Do not wash your hands after use if putting this on your hand.
- Do not use coverings (bandages, dressings, make-up) unless told to do so by the doctor.
- Do not put on the face, groin, armpits, or other skin fold parts.
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- Wet hair and scalp.
- Lather well and leave on as you have been told.
- Rinse well.
- Do not put Zithronal RR (anthralin cream) on the face.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Put on a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not put on 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
- Irritation where Zithronal RR (anthralin cream) is used.
What are some other side effects of Zithronal RR?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
How do I store and/or throw out Zithronal RR?
- Store at room temperature.
- Protect from heat.
- Keep lid tightly closed.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Zithronal RR (anthralin cream), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.