Generic Name: Vitamins (Multiple/Oral) (VYE ta mins, MUL ti pul/OR al)
Brand Name: ABDEK, Androvite, CalciFol, CalciFolic-D, Centamin, ...show all 98 brand names.Centrum Cardio, Centrum Flavor Burst, Centrum MultiGummies, Centrum Performance, Centrum Silver Ultra Men's, Centrum Silver Ultra Women's, Centrum Silver, Centrum Ultra Men's, Centrum Ultra Women's, Centrum, Corvite 150, CyFolex, Diatx Zn, Drinkables Fruits and Vegetables, Drinkables MultiVitamins, Encora, FeRiva, FeRiva 21/7, FeRivaFA, Ferralet 90, Foltrin, Freedavite, Fusion Plus, Fusion, Genicin Vita-Q, Geri-Freeda, Geriation, Geritol Complete, Geritol Extend, Geritol Tonic, Glutofac-MX, Gynovite Plus, Hemocyte Plus, Hi-Kovite, Iberet-500, K-Tan Plus, Monocaps, Multilex, Multilex-T&M, Myadec, NeoMultivite, Nicadan, NicAzel Forte, NuFera, Nutrimin-Plus, Ocuvel, Ocuvite Adult 50+, Ocuvite Extra, Ocuvite Lutein, Ocuvite, One A Day Cholesterol Plus, One A Day Energy, One A Day Essential, One A Day Maximum, One A Day Men's 50+ Advantage, One A Day Men's Health Formula, One A Day Teen Advantage for Her, One A Day Teen Advantage for Him, One A Day Weight Smart Advanced, One A Day Women’s Active Mind & Body, One A Day Women’s, One A Day Women's 50+ Advantage, One-Daily/Iron, Optivite P.M.T., PreserVision AREDS 2 Formula + Multivitamin, PreserVision AREDS, PreserVision Lutein, Quflora FE, Quintabs, Quintabs-M Iron-Free, Quintabs-M, Replace Without Iron, Replace, Repliva 21/7, Strovite, Strovite Forte, Strovite Plus, T-Vites, Thera-Tabs M, Theramill Forte, TL-HEM 150, Ultra Freeda A-Free, Ultra Freeda Iron-Free, Ultra Freeda With Iron, Viactiv Calcium Flavor Glides, Viactiv Flavor Glides, Viactiv for Teens, Viactiv With Calcium, Viactiv, Virt-FeFA Plus, Vitafol, Xtramins, Yelets
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Nov 5, 2020.
WarningIf your product has iron in it:
- Accidental overdose of drugs that have iron in them is a leading cause of deadly poisoning in children younger than 6 years of age. Keep away from children. If this medicine (Yelets) is taken by accident, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
Uses of Yelets:
- It is used to help growth and good health.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Yelets?
- If you are allergic to this medicine (Yelets); any part of this medicine (Yelets); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
If your product has iron in it:
- If you have too much iron in your body.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with this medicine (Yelets).
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take this medicine (Yelets) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Yelets?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take this medicine (Yelets). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- This medicine may affect certain lab tests. Tell all of your health care providers and lab workers that you take this medicine (Yelets).
- If you are allergic to soy, talk with your doctor. Some products have soy.
- If you are allergic to tartrazine, talk with your doctor. Some products have tartrazine.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this medicine (Yelets) while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Yelets) best taken?
Use this medicine (Yelets) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Take with or without food. Take with food if it causes an upset stomach.
- Swallow whole. Do not chew, break, or crush.
- Measure liquid doses carefully. Use the measuring device that comes with this medicine (Yelets). If there is none, ask the pharmacist for a device to measure this medicine (Yelets).
- Chew well before swallowing.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- If you take this medicine (Yelets) on a regular basis, take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
If your product has iron in it:
- Black, tarry, or bloody stools.
- Very upset stomach or throwing up.
- Very bad belly pain.
- Throwing up blood or throw up that looks like coffee grounds.
- Stomach cramps.
What are some other side effects of Yelets?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
If your product has iron in it:
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
How do I store and/or throw out Yelets?
- Store at room temperature.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about this medicine (Yelets), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
Frequently asked questions
More about multivitamin
- Side Effects
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- En Español
- 147 Reviews
- Drug class: vitamin and mineral combinations
- FDA Alerts (3)
- Folic Acid and Cyanocobalamin
- Folic Acid, Cyanocobalamin, and Pyridoxine
- Folic Acid, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Omega-3 Acids, and Phytosterols
- Methylfolate, Methylcobalamin, and Acetylcysteine
- ... +12 more