Xolegel Duo/Head & Shoulders
Generic Name: Ketoconazole Gel and Pyrithione Zinc Shampoo (KEE toe KON a zole & PIR i THYE one zink)
Brand Name: Xolegel Duo/Head & Shoulders, Xolegel Duo/Xolex
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jul 14, 2019.
Uses of Xolegel Duo/Head & Shoulders:
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Xolegel Duo/Head & Shoulders?
- If you have an allergy to ketoconazole, pyrithione zinc, or any other part of this medicine (Xolegel Duo/Head & Shoulders).
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take this medicine (Xolegel Duo/Head & Shoulders) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Xolegel Duo/Head & Shoulders?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take this medicine (Xolegel Duo/Head & Shoulders). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Talk with your doctor before you use other drugs or products on your skin.
- This medicine may cause harm if swallowed. If this medicine (Xolegel Duo/Head & Shoulders) is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this medicine (Xolegel Duo/Head & Shoulders) while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
- This medicine may catch on fire. Do not use near an open flame or while smoking.
How is this medicine (Xolegel Duo/Head & Shoulders) best taken?
Use this medicine (Xolegel Duo/Head & Shoulders) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Use as you have been told, even if your signs get better.
- To gain the most benefit, do not miss doses.
- Do not take this medicine (Xolegel Duo/Head & Shoulders) by mouth. Use on your scalp and hair only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, ears, and eyes (may burn).
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- Put a thin layer of gel on the affected part and rub in gently.
- Shake well before use.
- Wet hair and scalp.
- Put on enough shampoo to make a lather.
- Lather well and leave on as you have been told.
- Rinse well.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Use a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not use 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
- Very bad irritation where this medicine (Xolegel Duo/Head & Shoulders) is used.
What are some other side effects of Xolegel Duo/Head & Shoulders?
- Irritation where this medicine (Xolegel Duo/Head & Shoulders) is used.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
How do I store and/or throw out Xolegel Duo/Head & Shoulders?
- Store at room temperature. Do not refrigerate or freeze.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Protect from heat or open flame.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about this medicine (Xolegel Duo/Head & Shoulders), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.