Generic name: Folic Acid, Cyanocobalamin, and Pyridoxine (FOE lik AS id, sye an oh koe BAL a min, & peer i DOKS een)
Brand name: Airavite, Av-VITE FB, CenFol, FaBB, Folbee, ...show all 15 brand names.Folbic, Folgard Rx, Folplex 2.2, Foltabs 800, Homocysteine Formula, Niva-Fol, Virt-Gard, Virt-Vite Forte, Virt-Vite, Vita-Respa
Drug class: Vitamin and mineral combinations
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jan 25, 2021.
The Virt-Vite brand name has been discontinued in the U.S. If generic versions of this product have been approved by the FDA, there may be generic equivalents available.
Uses of Virt-Vite:
- It is used to help growth and good health.
- It is used to treat or prevent low vitamin B6.
- It is used to treat or prevent low vitamin B12.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Virt-Vite?
- If you have an allergy to folic acid, cyanocobalamin, pyridoxine, or any other part of Virt-Vite (folic acid, cyanocobalamin, and pyridoxine).
- If you are allergic to Virt-Vite (folic acid, cyanocobalamin, and pyridoxine); any part of Virt-Vite (folic acid, cyanocobalamin, and pyridoxine); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
- If you have an eye problem called Leber's optic atrophy.
- If you are taking levodopa.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with Virt-Vite (folic acid, cyanocobalamin, and pyridoxine).
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Virt-Vite (folic acid, cyanocobalamin, and pyridoxine) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Virt-Vite?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Virt-Vite (folic acid, cyanocobalamin, and pyridoxine). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- If Virt-Vite (folic acid, cyanocobalamin, and pyridoxine) is taken by accident, get medical help right away.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using Virt-Vite (folic acid, cyanocobalamin, and pyridoxine) while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Virt-Vite) best taken?
Use Virt-Vite (folic acid, cyanocobalamin, and pyridoxine) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Take with or without food.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- A burning, numbness, or tingling feeling that is not normal.
What are some other side effects of Virt-Vite?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Virt-Vite?
- Store at room temperature.
- Protect from light.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Virt-Vite (folic acid, cyanocobalamin, and pyridoxine), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
Frequently asked questions
More about Virt-Vite (multivitamin)
- Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Drug class: vitamin and mineral combinations
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.