Urea Nail (Urea in Zinc, Lactic Acid Nail Stick)
Generic Name: Urea in Zinc/Lactic Acid Nail Stick (yoor EE a/zink/LAK tik AS id)
Brand Name: Urea Nail
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Apr 26, 2020.
Uses of Urea Nail:
- It is used to moisturize skin.
- It is used to treat some nail problems.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Urea Nail?
- If you are allergic to Urea Nail (urea in zinc/lactic acid nail stick); any part of Urea Nail (urea in zinc/lactic acid nail stick); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Urea Nail (urea in zinc/lactic acid nail stick) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Urea Nail?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Urea Nail (urea in zinc/lactic acid nail stick). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Do not use longer than you have been told by the doctor.
- This medicine may cause harm if swallowed. If Urea Nail (urea in zinc/lactic acid nail stick) is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- You may get sunburned more easily. Avoid sun, sunlamps, and tanning beds. Use sunscreen and wear clothing and eyewear that protects you from the sun.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan on getting pregnant, or are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks to you and the baby.
How is this medicine (Urea Nail) best taken?
Use Urea Nail (urea in zinc/lactic acid nail stick) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Do not take Urea Nail (urea in zinc/lactic acid nail stick) by mouth. Use on your nails only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
- Shake well before use.
- This medicine may turn white when it dries. This is normal.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Put on a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not put on 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
- Irritation where Urea Nail (urea in zinc/lactic acid nail stick) is used.
What are some other side effects of Urea Nail?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Burning or stinging.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
How do I store and/or throw out Urea Nail?
- Store at room temperature. Do not freeze.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Urea Nail (urea in zinc/lactic acid nail stick), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.