Urea in Zinc/Lactic Acid Emulsion
Generic Name: Urea in Zinc/Lactic Acid Emulsion (yoor EE a/zink/LACK tik AS id)
Brand Name: Kerol, Latrix XM
Uses of Urea in Zinc/Lactic Acid Emulsion:
- It is used to moisturize skin.
- It is used to treat some nail problems.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Urea in Zinc/Lactic Acid Emulsion?
- If you are allergic to urea in zinc/lactic acid emulsion; any part of urea in zinc/lactic acid emulsion; or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take urea in zinc/lactic acid emulsion with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Urea in Zinc/Lactic Acid Emulsion?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take urea in zinc/lactic acid emulsion. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Do not use longer than you have been told by the doctor.
- This medicine may cause harm if swallowed. If urea in zinc/lactic acid emulsion is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Do not put on irritated skin.
- Do not use on open wounds or infected skin.
- If you use urea in zinc/lactic acid emulsion too often, your skin problem may become worse.
- Talk with your doctor before you use other drugs or products on your skin.
- You may get sunburned more easily. Avoid sun, sunlamps, and tanning beds. Use sunscreen and wear clothing and eyewear that protects you from the sun.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan on getting pregnant, or are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks to you and the baby.
How is this medicine (Urea in Zinc/Lactic Acid Emulsion) best taken?
Use urea in zinc/lactic acid emulsion as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Do not take urea in zinc/lactic acid emulsion by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
- Wash your hands before and after use. Do not wash your hands after use if putting this on your hand.
- Clean affected part before use. Make sure to dry well.
- Shake well before use.
- Put a thin layer on the affected skin and rub in gently.
- Put on affected part only.
- It may be covered with a bandage or dressing.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Put on a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not put on 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
- Irritation where urea in zinc/lactic acid emulsion is used.
What are some other side effects of Urea in Zinc/Lactic Acid Emulsion?
- Burning or stinging.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
How do I store and/or throw out Urea in Zinc/Lactic Acid Emulsion?
- Store at room temperature. Do not freeze.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about urea in zinc/lactic acid emulsion, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.