The originating document has been archived. We cannot confirm the completeness, accuracy and currency of the content.
Uramaxin GT solution
Generic Name: urea (ue-REE-a)
Brand Name: Uramaxin GT
Uramaxin GT solution is used for:
Promoting the healing of certain conditions of the fingernails and toenails (eg, hyperkeratotic conditions). It may also be used to treat certain other skin conditions (eg, corns; calluses; rough, dry skin) as determined by your doctor.
Uramaxin GT solution is a debriding agent. It works by helping the breakdown of dead skin and pus, which helps to soften, loosen, and shed hard, scaly skin and nails.
Do NOT use Uramaxin GT solution if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Uramaxin GT solution
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Uramaxin GT solution:
Some medical conditions may interact with Uramaxin GT solution. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Uramaxin GT solution. Because little, if any, of Uramaxin GT solution is absorbed into the blood, the risk of it interacting with another medicine is low.
Ask your health care provider if Uramaxin GT solution may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Uramaxin GT solution:
Use Uramaxin GT solution as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Uramaxin GT solution is for external use only.
- Apply a thin layer of Uramaxin GT solution to the affected area. After application, wipe the tip to remove excess medicine and replace the cap.
- If you miss a dose of Uramaxin GT solution, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Uramaxin GT solution.
Important safety information:
- Uramaxin GT solution is for external use only. Do not get it in your eyes, nose, mouth, or lips or on your genitals. If you get it in any of these areas, rinse right away with cool water.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you think you may be pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Uramaxin GT solution while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk after topical use. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Uramaxin GT solution, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Uramaxin GT solution:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Mild skin irritation; temporary burning, stinging, or itching.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); redness; severe or persistent burning or irritation.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Uramaxin GT solution:
Store Uramaxin GT solution at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Do not freeze. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Uramaxin GT solution out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Uramaxin GT solution, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Uramaxin GT solution is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Uramaxin GT solution or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Uramaxin GT solution. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Uramaxin GT solution. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Uramaxin GT solution.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.