Undecylenic Acid and Derivatives Powder
Generic Name: Undecylenic Acid and Derivatives Powder (zink un deh sil EN ate)
Brand Name: Blis-To-Sol
Uses of Undecylenic Acid and Derivatives Powder:
- It is used to treat fungal infections of the skin.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Undecylenic Acid and Derivatives Powder?
- If you have an allergy to undecylenic acid, its derivatives, or any other part of undecylenic acid and derivatives powder.
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take undecylenic acid and derivatives powder with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Undecylenic Acid and Derivatives Powder?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take undecylenic acid and derivatives powder. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- This medicine may cause harm if swallowed. If undecylenic acid and derivatives powder is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Talk with the doctor before giving undecylenic acid and derivatives powder to a child younger than 2 years of age.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using undecylenic acid and derivatives powder while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Undecylenic Acid and Derivatives Powder) best taken?
Use undecylenic acid and derivatives powder as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Do not take undecylenic acid and derivatives powder by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
- Wash your hands before and after use. Do not wash your hands after use if putting this on your hand.
- Clean affected part before use. Make sure to dry well.
- Sprinkle powder over affected skin.
- Do not use to treat diaper rash.
- Do not use coverings (bandages, dressings, make-up) unless told to do so by the doctor.
- For athlete's foot, be sure to get undecylenic acid and derivatives powder in the areas between the toes.
- Use as you have been told, even if your signs get better.
- To gain the most benefit, do not miss doses.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Put on a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not put on 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Skin irritation.
What are some other side effects of Undecylenic Acid and Derivatives Powder?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
See also: Side effects (in more detail)
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Undecylenic Acid and Derivatives Powder?
- Store at room temperature. Do not freeze.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about undecylenic acid and derivatives powder, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about undecylenic acid topical
- Side Effects
- Support Group
- En Español
- 4 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: topical antifungals
- Undecylenic acid topical
- Undecylenic Acid and Derivatives Cream and Ointment
- Undecylenic Acid and Derivatives Liquid
- Undecylenic acid Topical (Advanced Reading)