Umecta nail film
Generic Name: urea nail film and hyaluronic acid (ue-REE-a/HYE-al-ure-ON-ik AS-id)
Brand Name: Umecta
Umecta nail film is used for:
Treating damaged or ingrown nails. It may also be used for certain other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Umecta nail film is a kit that contains a debriding agent and an emollient. It works by helping to soften and loosen hard, scaly skin or nails.
Do NOT use Umecta nail film if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Umecta nail film
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Umecta nail film:
Some medical conditions may interact with Umecta nail film. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Umecta nail film. However, no specific interactions with Umecta nail film are known at this time.
Ask your health care provider if Umecta nail film may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Umecta nail film:
Use Umecta nail film as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Apply Umecta nail film to the affected area as directed by your doctor.
- If you get Umecta nail film on any skin that is not part of the treated area, wash it off thoroughly.
- You may cover the affected area unless directed otherwise by your doctor.
- If you miss a dose of Umecta nail film, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Umecta nail film.
Important safety information:
- Umecta nail film is for external use only. Do not get it in the eyes, nose, or mouth. If you get Umecta nail film in the eyes, rinse them immediately with a generous amount of cool water.
- Do not apply to broken or severely irritated skin.
- Do not use more than the recommended dose, use Umecta nail film for longer than prescribed, or use Umecta nail film for other skin conditions without checking with your doctor.
- Umecta nail film may cause harm if it is swallowed. If you may have taken it by mouth, contact your poison control center or emergency room right away.
- Talk with your doctor before you use any other medicines or cleansers on your skin, especially cleansers containing benzalkonium chloride.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Umecta nail film while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Umecta nail film, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Umecta nail film:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Mild skin irritation; temporary burning, stinging, or itching.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); redness; severe or persistent skin irritation.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Umecta nail film:
Store Umecta nail film at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Protect from freezing. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Umecta nail film out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Umecta nail film, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Umecta nail film is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Umecta nail film or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Umecta nail film. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Umecta nail film. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Umecta nail film.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
More about Umecta (urea topical)
- Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating