Tudorza Pressair powder
Generic Name: aclidinium (A-kli-DIN-ee-um)
Brand Name: Tudorza Pressair
Tudorza Pressair powder is used for:
Treating bronchospasm (wheezing or difficulty breathing) associated with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, including chronic bronchitis and emphysema. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Tudorza Pressair powder is an anticholinergic medicine. It works by relaxing the airways, making it easier to breathe.
Do NOT use Tudorza Pressair powder if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Tudorza Pressair powder
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Tudorza Pressair powder:
Some medical conditions may interact with Tudorza Pressair powder. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, such as atropine; foods; or other substances
- if you are allergic to milk proteins. If you are not sure, ask your doctor
- if you have eye problems (eg, glaucoma), prostate problems (eg, enlargement of the prostate), bladder problems, or urinary blockage or trouble urinating
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Tudorza Pressair powder. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Anticholinergic medicines (eg, benztropine, diphenhydramine) or atropine because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Tudorza Pressair powder
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Tudorza Pressair powder may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Tudorza Pressair powder:
Use Tudorza Pressair powder as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- An extra patient leaflet with detailed instructions for use is available with Tudorza Pressair powder. Talk to your pharmacist if you have questions about this information.
- When you are ready to use Tudorza Pressair powder for the first time, remove it from the pouch. To do so, tear along the "notch," remove the inhaler, and discard the pouch.
- Remove the protective cap from the inhaler. Look to see that nothing is blocking the mouthpiece. Hold the inhaler with the green button facing straight up and with the mouthpiece facing you but not inside your mouth. Before you put the inhaler in your mouth, press the green button all the way down, then release it. Check the control window to make sure that it has changed from red to green. A green control window means that your inhaler is ready to use. If the control window stays red, repeat the above steps until it changes to green.
- Before putting the inhaler in your mouth, breathe out completely. Do not breathe out into the inhaler. Put your lips tightly around the mouthpiece and breathe in quickly and deeply through your mouth. Continue breathing in until you hear a "click" sound. Keep breathing in, even after you have heard this sound, to get your full dose. Do not hold down the green button while you breathe in. Remove the inhaler from your mouth, hold your breath for as long as comfortable, then breathe out slowly through your nose.
- Make sure you have used the inhaler correctly. If the control window is red, you have used it correctly. If it is still green, repeat the inhalation process. Replace the protective cap onto the inhaler after you have used your dose.
- You may taste Tudorza Pressair powder while you inhale it. If you do not taste Tudorza Pressair powder, do not take an extra dose.
- If your inhaler appears to be damaged or if you lose the cap, replace your inhaler.
- You do not need to clean your inhaler. If you wish to clean it, wipe the outside of the mouthpiece with a dry tissue or paper towel. Do NOT use water to clean your inhaler; this may damage your medicine.
- Avoid contact with the eyes. Flush with water immediately if eye contact occurs. Blurring of vision, pupil dilation, worsening of narrow-angle glaucoma, or eye pain or discomfort may result if Tudorza Pressair powder comes into direct contact with the eyes. Contact your doctor if you notice these symptoms.
- This inhaler contains 60 doses. Throw away this inhaler after 60 doses have been used (when a "0" with a red background appears in the middle of the dose indicator on the inhaler or when the device locks) or 45 days after opening the pouch, whichever occurs first.
- If you miss a dose of Tudorza Pressair powder, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Tudorza Pressair powder.
Important safety information:
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Tudorza Pressair powder before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Tudorza Pressair powder is not a rescue medicine and should not be used to treat sudden breathing problems. Always have a rescue inhaler with you to treat sudden breathing problems. If you do not have a rescue inhaler medicine or you have any questions about which medicines should be used to treat sudden breathing problems, check with your doctor or pharmacist.
- You may feel like it is easier to breathe the first day you start using Tudorza Pressair powder, although it may take longer for you to feel the full effects. Do not take more than the recommended dose or use Tudorza Pressair powder more often than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- If your symptoms become worse, you need to use your rescue inhaler medicine more often than normal, or your rescue inhaler medicine does not work well to treat sudden breathing problems, contact your doctor right away.
- Tudorza Pressair powder may sometimes cause severe breathing problems right after you use a dose. If this happens, use your short-acting bronchodilator. Contact your doctor or seek other medical care at once.
- When your medicine supply begins to run low (eg, a red band begins to appear in the dose indicator), call your doctor or pharmacy as soon as possible for a refill.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Tudorza Pressair powder while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Tudorza Pressair powder, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Tudorza Pressair powder:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Common cold symptoms; cough; headache; nose or throat irritation.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing or swallowing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, throat, or tongue; unusual hoarseness); chest pain; difficult, frequent, or painful urination; eye pain or discomfort; fainting; irregular heartbeat; nausea or vomiting; new or worsening trouble breathing; red eyes; shortness of breath; sudden, unexplained weight gain; swelling of the hands, ankles, legs, or feet; vision changes (eg, blurred vision, visual halos, seeing bright colors around lights); weak urine streams or drips.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Tudorza Pressair powder:
Store Tudorza Pressair powder at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store the inhaler inside the protective pouch until you are ready to use it. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Keep Tudorza Pressair powder in a dry place. Do not store in the bathroom or on a vibrating surface. Keep Tudorza Pressair powder out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Tudorza Pressair powder, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Tudorza Pressair powder is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Tudorza Pressair powder or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Tudorza Pressair powder. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Tudorza Pressair powder. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Tudorza Pressair powder.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
More about Tudorza Pressair (aclidinium)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 12 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: anticholinergic bronchodilators