Generic Name: Loratadine Orally Disintegrating Tablets (lor AT a deen)
Brand Name: Claritin Reditabs, Triaminic Allerchews
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jun 4, 2020.
Uses of Triaminic Allerchews:
- It is used to ease allergy signs.
- It is used to treat hives.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Triaminic Allerchews?
- If you have an allergy to loratadine or any other part of this medicine (Triaminic Allerchews).
- If you are allergic to this medicine (Triaminic Allerchews); any part of this medicine (Triaminic Allerchews); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take this medicine (Triaminic Allerchews) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Triaminic Allerchews?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take this medicine (Triaminic Allerchews). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- This medicine may affect certain lab tests. Tell all of your health care providers and lab workers that you take this medicine (Triaminic Allerchews).
- Taking this medicine (Triaminic Allerchews) in high doses may make you feel sleepy. Do not take more than your doctor or the package label tells you.
- If you have phenylketonuria (PKU), talk with your doctor. Some products have phenylalanine.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan on getting pregnant, or are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks to you and the baby.
How is this medicine (Triaminic Allerchews) best taken?
Use this medicine (Triaminic Allerchews) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Take with or without food. Take with food if it causes an upset stomach.
- Do not take this medicine (Triaminic Allerchews) out of the blister pack until you are ready to take it. Take this medicine (Triaminic Allerchews) right away after opening the blister pack. Do not store the removed drug for future use.
- Do not push the tablet out of the foil when opening. Use dry hands to take it from the foil. Place on your tongue and let it dissolve. Water is not needed. Do not swallow it whole. Do not chew, break, or crush it.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- If you take this medicine (Triaminic Allerchews) on a regular basis, take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
- Many times this medicine (Triaminic Allerchews) is taken on an as needed basis. Do not take more often than told by the doctor.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
- Feeling very tired or weak.
What are some other side effects of Triaminic Allerchews?
- Feeling sleepy.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
How do I store and/or throw out Triaminic Allerchews?
- Store at room temperature. Do not freeze.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Store in original container.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about this medicine (Triaminic Allerchews), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
Frequently Asked Questions
More about loratadine
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Patient Tips
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 90 Reviews
- Drug class: antihistamines
- Loratadine Capsules and Tablets
- Loratadine Chewable Tablets
- Loratadine Orally Disintegrating Tablets
- Loratadine Liquid