The originating document has been archived. We cannot confirm the completeness, accuracy and currency of the content.
TRI-VIT With Fluoride
Generic Name: vitamin a/vitamin d/vitamin c/fluoride (VYE-ta-min A/VYE-ta-min D/VYE-ta-min C/FLURE-ide)
Brand Name: TRI-VIT With Fluoride
TRI-VIT With Fluoride is used for:
Treating vitamin deficiency in infants. It may also be used to prevent cavities in children over 6 months old when the amount of fluoride in the water supply is too low.
TRI-VIT With Fluoride is a vitamin and mineral combination. It works by providing vitamin A, D, and C to the body. Fluoride strengthens the teeth and decreases the effects of acid and bacteria on the teeth.
Do NOT use TRI-VIT With Fluoride if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in TRI-VIT With Fluoride
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using TRI-VIT With Fluoride:
Some medical conditions may interact with TRI-VIT With Fluoride. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with TRI-VIT With Fluoride. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Acitretin because it may increase the risk of TRI-VIT With Fluoride's side effects
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if TRI-VIT With Fluoride may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use TRI-VIT With Fluoride:
Use TRI-VIT With Fluoride as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take TRI-VIT With Fluoride by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- TRI-VIT With Fluoride may be mixed with fruit juice, cereal, or other food.
- Use the dropper that comes with TRI-VIT With Fluoride to measure your dose. Ask your pharmacist for help if you are unsure of how to measure your dose.
- If you miss a dose of TRI-VIT With Fluoride, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use TRI-VIT With Fluoride.
Important safety information:
- Do not take more than the recommended dose or use for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- TRI-VIT With Fluoride should be used with extreme caution in CHILDREN younger than 6 months old; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: TRI-VIT With Fluoride is not approved for use in women. If you become pregnant while taking TRI-VIT With Fluoride, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using TRI-VIT With Fluoride while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use TRI-VIT With Fluoride, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of TRI-VIT With Fluoride:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. No COMMON side effects have been reported with TRI-VIT With Fluoride. Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of TRI-VIT With Fluoride:
Store TRI-VIT With Fluoride at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store in original packaging until just before use. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Keep TRI-VIT With Fluoride out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about TRI-VIT With Fluoride, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- TRI-VIT With Fluoride is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take TRI-VIT With Fluoride or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about TRI-VIT With Fluoride. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to TRI-VIT With Fluoride. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using TRI-VIT With Fluoride.